• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Forkball said:
Thank god the Tomislav got nerfed, although I never got to use it yet. Still probably OP.
I don't know that I ever died to it much. Or maybe I did but even a normal minigun could have killed me. At any rate, I feel like the main people the Tomislav annoyed were scouts, and let's face it, anything that annoys scouts and the people who play them is a good thing.

And if it WAS overpowered, I wasn't crushing the server with it so it wasn't overpowered ENOUGH.

RIP, bouncy detonator and fast spinup Tomislav! I'm glad they at least kept Tomislav quiet.

Baha

FLhqo.png

[EDIT]This guy found one: http://www.tf2items.com/id/ruukarin

June 11th? That's 2 weeks from now. Then Summer Sales might start this Thursday (last day of the month), and we will be able to get the keys that day.

Blizzard said:
I don't know that I ever died to it much. Or maybe I did but even a normal minigun could have killed me. At any rate, I feel like the main people the Tomislav annoyed were scouts, and let's face it, anything that annoys scouts and the people who play them is a good thing.

And if it WAS overpowered, I wasn't crushing the server with it so it wasn't overpowered ENOUGH.

RIP, bouncy detonator and fast spinup Tomislav! I'm glad they at least kept Tomislav quiet.
If Valve decided to nerf a Heavy weapon (to the point that it's still a mite bit too powerful but it's much better) then you know it's ludicrously OP.

Yeef

Server's up!

Blizzard said:

Like I said to Proven, in Heavy vs. Heavy matchups it was fairly balanced. But for other classes it was entirely overpowered. In order to take down a heavy, as any non-heavy class (sans instant-kill classes) you have to catch them off guard because they have both health and DPS advantage. The Tomislav meant that even if you caught them off guard it didn't matter because they could spin up instantly meaning you both had no time to retreat and no time to get in the extra damage to kill them before they killed you. The silent spin also means that one of the heavy's biggest, but understated weaknesses (being deafened by revving and therefore less aware) is also negated by the tomislav.

Dammit, not the winter thing all over again.

(For the record, I opened two of those crates and got nothing of value, so I stopped.)

On the other hand ... summer hats?

NihonTiger90 said:

(For the record, I opened two of those crates and got nothing of value, so I stopped.)

Misc: Female Bikini for the Pyro

Because that's the only way to enjoy this hot summer.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
NihonTiger90 said:

My brother used his Christmas key and got a Milkman, which he desperately desperately wanted. It was literally like Christmas.

Blizzard

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
If Valve decided to nerf a Heavy weapon (to the point that it's still a mite bit too powerful but it's much better) then you know it's ludicrously OP.
I guess you haven't tried using Natascha in the last few months? =P

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sgt.Pepper said:
I never got Tomislav, I didn't enjoy the OP everyone was talking about.

Feels bad man.

From 75% to 40% is quite a drop.
Good.

Fuck that gun.

At the very least, if I turn a corner and see a heavy and try to retreat, I should be able to.

No matter what class I played, they would spin up in time to kill me. This is even after I get right behind a heavy and get in two good meatahots. A third should finish him...not with that gun though.

I also hate bonk boy. Hope that third jump does damage to the 'scout' in a future patch.

Yeef said:
Server's up!

Like I said to Proven, in Heavy vs. Heavy matchups it was fairly balanced. But for other classes it was entirely overpowered. In order to take down a heavy, as any non-heavy class (sans instant-kill classes) you have to catch them off guard because they have both health and DPS advantage. The Tomislav meant that even if you caught them off guard it didn't matter because they could spin up instantly meaning you both had no time to retreat and no time to get in the extra damage to kill them before they killed you. The silent spin also means that one of the heavy's biggest, but understated weaknesses (being deafened by revving and therefore less aware) is also negated by the tomislav.
Also this is why the 20% Heavy spinup buff of the 119 update was a bad idea and why Heavies need to have less DPS at short range, so that you at least have a half second to escape and not just instantly die the second a Heavy comes around the corner and sets his eyes upon you (this was even worse with the Tomislav, because -20% firing rate still means massive any-class-instant-killing DPS at that range).

Blizzard said:
I guess you haven't tried using Natascha in the last few months? =P

Right, they finally fixed that gun after it was broken for like a year in the most annoying way possible and became one of the most despised items in the game. It took a lot for Valve to finally fix it.

Blizzard

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
No matter what class I played, they would spin up in time to kill me. This is even after I get right behind a heavy and get in two good meatahots. A third should finish him...not with that gun though.
Sounds like you played a scout since you say meatshot. Like I said...anything bad for scouts is good. =D

I felt kind of silly. I tried to join the GAF server, and got in! I played an offensive round of upwards, and we won. Two medics were following me around, it was nice. Then I played a defensive round...this one medic is still following me around. Turns out I apparently joined Borgnine's pubstomping server by accident. >_>

I switched to pyro and went around spychecking and axetinguishing though. I kind of want to play pub servers just to burn all the spies who are trying to kill new people right now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
SteveWinwood said:
You mean the atomizer? It does do damage... unless I'm missing something completely here.
Damage to scout. Not his enemy. It allows angles that put him out of reach of a lot of classes. Double jump worked fine. I hated going after a scout with triple jump.

Also wish I could use custom huds....there's no point if valve keeps breaking shit.

Wallach

Kuro Madoushi said:
Damage to scout. Not his enemy. It allows angles that put him out of reach of a lot of classes. Double jump worked fine. I hated going after a scout with triple jump.

Also wish I could use custom huds....there's no point if valve keeps breaking shit.

It does damage the Scout, man. It doesn't damage the other guy like the Soldier thing.

Exuro

Goon Boon said:
Im calling it right now, summer steam sale will give out summer crate keys for every steam sale daily deal you buy.
That's a pretty terrible idea(and likely one too :( ). Chances are I'm going to own most of the games on sale.

Exuro said:
That's a pretty terrible idea(and likely one too :( ). Chances are I'm going to own most of the games on sale.
Oh god I didn't think of that.... I'm screwed :(
hopefully you get a key if you already own them LOL YEA RITE
Actually come to think of it, didn't some games just get summer achievements? I bet if you get those you might get a key, and of course those games will be on sale as well.

Forkball

Valve might do some contest similar to the treasure hunt last year and tie it into TF2. Honestly I would much rather get a free key per summer sale game I buy instead of having to buy summer keys all by themselves. But the crates will just be Uber Update stuff, nothing special. A lot of people already have all of the Uber weapons anyways.

July 11th is a Monday, so it's a big possibility that the summer sale could start this upcoming Monday and last for a week.

Yeef

It'll probably be just like the winter keys. Everyone gets 1 for free and then you can buy more at the store. They've got a huge batch of new players to reel in with a free sample.

Exuro

SteveWinwood said:
Oh god I didn't think of that.... I'm screwed :(
hopefully you get a key if you already own them LOL YEA RITE
Actually come to think of it, didn't some games just get summer achievements? I bet if you get those you might get a key, and of course those games will be on sale as well.
That's more likely, getting an achievement unlocks a key in TF2. I enjoyed the treasure hunt thing they did that one time(my mind is blank) so this would be nice.

Wallach

Yeef said:
It'll probably be just like the winter keys. Everyone gets 1 for free and then you can buy more at the store. They've got a huge batch of new players to reel in with a free sample.

Yeah, I think this is probably the case.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
F2P follies: BLU capped the first point in Dustdowl and then built 3 sentry guns on it. Let's see RED re-cap it now!

DarkKyo

Forkball said:
Valve might do some contest similar to the treasure hunt last year and tie it into TF2. Honestly I would much rather get a free key per summer sale game I buy instead of having to buy summer keys all by themselves. But the crates will just be Uber Update stuff, nothing special. A lot of people already have all of the Uber weapons anyways.

July 11th is a Monday, so it's a big possibility that the summer sale could start this upcoming Monday and last for a week.
I think they will release some summer hats(and maybe summer-themed items?) for the summer crates. That was the whole point of the winter crates, that they had xmas/winter items in them.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
That would be a nice mod.
It's called 5cp.

Dechaios said:
I think they will release some summer hats(and maybe summer-themed items?) for the summer crates. That was the whole point of the winter crates, that they had xmas/winter items in them.
If that pyro set is actually making it in that seems possible.

So I ended up trading 2 Refined and 2 Reclaimed for a key and a crate hoping to get a strange weapon and instead I get a Hound Dog hat. God damn it.

QuantumBro said:
So I ended up trading 2 Refined and 2 Reclaimed for a key and a crate hoping to get a strange weapon and instead I get a Hound Dog hat. God damn it.
That is a cool hat though. And if you don't like it, I'm sure you can trade it for something you like.

XeroSauce

God dammit, I always miss half the sale because of some trip or what not.

Last year: Lifeguard training!
Winter: Cuba!
Now: Going to a cottage for the Canada Day weekend. Shiet.

Yeef

speculawyer said:
Pyro is a girl!
Pyro already had the Madame Dixie.

And you mean a robot. Pyro is obviously a robot.

e5gtqw.png

XeroSauce said:
God dammit, I always miss half the sale because of some trip or what not.

Last year: Lifeguard training!
Winter: Cuba!
Now: Going to a cottage for the Canada Day weekend. Shiet.
Do you not have internet in those places? You don't have to buy stuff through the client.

speculawyer said:
That is a cool hat though. And if you don't like it, I'm sure you can trade it for something you like.
Yeah, I got really lucky, I'm probably going to keep it and get a strange weapon when the price comes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom