• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Clydefrog said:
Waited half an hour to join the GAF server. No one freakin' left. Anyways, I was playing on a different server while waiting and ended up finding some wee booties. wee!

I'm glad there was anyone on early anyways, since I have to go to work, and then am heading to the HP7 midnight tonight so wouldn't be able to play any more.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sciz said:
Pipebombing demoknight is a lot more fun than I'd given it credit for.

Saw you jump down on double cross only to charge a soldier and slice him with an axe :p

2a50o6e.jpg

edit: lulz matt!

Sciz

Kuro Madoushi said:
Saw you jump down on double cross only to charge a soldier and slice him with an axe :p
He had it coming. (Note: being on the other team is sufficient to have it coming.)

On that note, I'd very much like to get my hands on a Screen and/or Persuader. I've got a refined, some junk weapons, and the following crates (1x #19, 1x #20, 2x #21, 2x #25) that I'd love to trade away for them. (edit: a Targe or Half-zatoichis will also work)

edit 2: Yeef is a wonderful person (thank you Yeef). I still don't want the crates though, so feel free to offer me whatever crap you have on hand for them.

So you know how the last point on Barnblitz is super aggravating to attack, even moreso than most last points on Payload?

well guess what happens if you have three of a certain class on your team

Blizzard

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
So you know how the last point on Barnblitz is super aggravating to attack, even moreso than most last points on Payload?

well guess what happens if you have three of a certain class on your team
You've gotta be more plain. Are you saying demos should be nerfed, or pyros buffed? Were you on the losing side? D:

Forkball

Fun games tonight. But for the love of god people, when playing Doublecross, just take the intel the typical way through the middle. A Demo did manage to sneak it through the lower tunnels, but at the beginning of the match, a scout went backwards and died so it was a pain for the rest of the team to get to it, and then a soldier rocket jumped to BLU spawn and died there.

Yeef

RED TEAM IS WORSE TEAM.

Also, being able to get up to the roof as scout on Gorge and destroy teleporters is a good time.

TGMIII

awwyeahgurrl said:
Is there a server EU gaf server or server people play on. If not I may set one up if there's enough interest.

Re-quoting this just to see if there's enough interest out there.
Also trading a strange rocket launcher for a strange grenade launcher.

TGMIII

Ultimatum said:
a european server would definitely be nice, although I would miss the US guys :p

I'm in the process of getting prices and checking server quality at the moment and I know a few people who could help drop the price on some of the more well known EU hosts. I'm looking into a 22/24 man server + stats, I'm just holding out to see what the general interest is like.

Zomba13

+1 for EU server.
The big ping doesn't bother me too much but there are times where I feel things didn't happen as they should because of lag.

TGMIII

Well I'm currently looking into a multiplay server since it's the cheapest and I've had nothing but good things from them. I need to double check a few things but I may have it up and running this weekend. Any thoughts on plug-ins, maps etc, I'm not new to server admining but this will be the first TF2 server for me.

Slair

Hey new member here, i too would love to see a eu tf2 server because i main solly and 100+ ping rockets are pretty hard to get used to. Also if you're thinking about a multiplay server you could try ordering through this site http://etf2l.org/. But it says it's for match servers so i dunno if it'll work out as a pub. Technically though every server ordered from multiplay starts out it's life as a pub. Anyway the link is on the right hand side of the web page.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Just had a look and you get a public 24 slot + 24 slot mumble server for £6 a month, which is pretty good, voucher goes through fine.

TGMIII

Slair said:
Hey new member here, i too would love to see a eu tf2 server because i main solly and 100+ ping rockets are pretty hard to get used to. Also if you're thinking about a multiplay server you could try ordering through this site http://etf2l.org/. But it says it's for match servers so i dunno if it'll work out as a pub. Technically though every server ordered from multiplay starts out it's life as a pub. Anyway the link is on the right hand side of the web page.

Match servers are marked as private to server hosts meaning they require a password on at all times, I'm pretty sure if they happen to come across your server and see that it has no password for a prolonged time they can suspend the server. Not 100% on that but I was pretty sure that's how it worked.

EDIT: just used the voucher code and it works with a public server.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
When you go to order it has the server marked as Public, so it should be fine.

"Type ( public servers can be passworded ) (?) Public FREE "

TGMIII

Ok well I'll be ordering up the server once I get home from work. In the mean time come up with some server names, I'll pick the one everyone likes the most.

Ultimatum said:
a european server would definitely be nice, although I would miss the US guys :p
The best thing about an EU server would be being able to play with gaffers after work during the week, I can only stay up late enough for the US one to populate on Friday and Saturday nights, which then leads to me staying up till dawn the next day lol.

Man, a EU gaf server would be awesome. I'm usually burnt out by the time the US gaf server is half full.

Q: In order to get the random drops/achievements, do you have to be in Valve servers, or can you be in *any* server at all? Included the modded ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom