• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackEtc

MarkMclovin said:
Q: In order to get the random drops/achievements, do you have to be in Valve servers, or can you be in *any* server at all? Included the modded ones?
As long as it's VAC Secured, I believe. You can even get drops in LAN games, I believe (This is how Text Idling works). I've heard of people getting drops in Hammer while editing a map.

Weenerz

Banned
Debating on signing up a few extra steam accounts for TF2 and making them premium. I need a stock of metal at my disposal at all times!

TGMIII

That's where I'm ordering from already. Just to let you know folks the server should be up around 6/7PM BST and I'll be playing around with it over the weekend.

DarkKyo

Weenerz said:
Debating on signing up a few extra steam accounts for TF2 and making them premium. I need a stock of metal at my disposal at all times!
I have 2 extra accounts besides my main and I am debating making a fourth one...

awwyeahgurrl said:
Again, already got that done :). But I appreciate the heads up.

Ah good, sorry for the reiteration.

I had asked someone else to click on it and it didn't seem like the offer had been working.

If we are to use customs maps, we need the Donkey Kong map on it.

TGMIII

By customs I mean non-official CP/CTF/cart maps, I'm not one for crazy maps but if the interest is there for them I don't see why not.

awwyeahgurrl, many kudos for paying and setting it up! I'll be around tonight and the weekend for a few games.

On the subject of idle accounts, I have a spare and might make another. 3 x 10-12 items a week would be great for me. Plus I already use my spare to store my 50 crates.

MarkMclovin said:
What's an idle account then? How do you use it?

Leave them on an idle server for 15 hours, get your weekly drops, trade them to your main. Repeat each week after the drop limit resets.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't break any valve rules, anyone confirm?

DarkKyo

Sourtreats said:
Leave them on an idle server for 15 hours, get your weekly drops, trade them to your main. Repeat each week after the drop limit resets.

It's pretty much confirmed you can't get banned for having extra accounts and you definitely can't get banned for idling.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I've got two extra accounts, if you buy keys you might aswell just make a new account each time :p

JackEtc

Sourtreats said:

Say whaaat?

Is there a way to have these running on Textidle all day (on another windows login for example), and still be using Steam on your primary account?

DarkKyo

JackEtc said:
Say whaaat?

Is there a way to have these running all day (on another windows login for example), and still be using Steam on your primary account?
There is a program that allows you to run two instances of steam I think.

JackEtc said:
Say whaaat?

Is there a way to have these running on Textidle all day (on another windows login for example), and still be using Steam on your primary account?

"An alternate method of in-game idling makes use of shortcut\batch commands or the developer launch parameters. To open the launch option, go to your games library, right click on TF2, then select properties and open "Set Launch Options". When a new box appears, place the following text -textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload -nojoy -sw +map "itemtest", once that's done you may start your game which will load it using much lower RAM, inside of a terminal-like window. If you prefer to use a different map just add the name at the end +map "map name here". Going into Steam and TF2 as normal without the commands and lowering the graphic quality with disabling the Steam overlay will lower the use of RAM even further. This method can also be used with various software that spoofs a environment or isolates Steam to idle multiple accounts, depending on how much RAM a computer has. Some things used include virtual machine software, running TF2 in Linux with Wine\Cedega, or using sandbox-based isolation software like Sandboxie. In April 2011, OpenTrainingDialog was broken with the added class-specific training maps, but the tiny map, ItemTest, is still playable."

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Idling

TGMIII

Heavy's Sandvich said:
It's a payload map if that makes any difference. Anyway, I'll leave the others to state what they want.

Should be fine then, the main thing is I don't want to turn people off the server with a shit ton of custom maps. I know I hate it when I'm playing in a server and I suddenly have to download CP_SN1P3RT0WNZ.bsp

Played for 20 minutes at lunch on my brother's laptop . Beat my personal record with the spy , and got 20 backstabs without dying , fuck yea !
I love the official steam servers :D

Yeef

I got a second strange scattergun that is useless to me. Anyone can have it in exchange for a strange pistol and kunai.

awwyeahgurrl said:
Well I'm currently looking into a multiplay server since it's the cheapest and I've had nothing but good things from them. I need to double check a few things but I may have it up and running this weekend. Any thoughts on plug-ins, maps etc, I'm not new to server admining but this will be the first TF2 server for me.
If you want to enable replays you'll need a 25 slot server since the replay bot takes up a slot. I can get you setup with webspace if you do want to run replays since saving them on the server creates extra server load which can lead to jank.

Spookie

awwyeahgurrl said:
Should be fine then, the main thing is I don't want to turn people off the server with a shit ton of custom maps. I know I hate it when I'm playing in a server and I suddenly have to download CP_SN1P3RT0WNZ.bsp

Aye, that gets on my tits. A nice rockthevote and votemapping at the end of the map would be rather awesome too. \o/

ty for the server btw. :)

Sgt.Pepper said:
Man, I can't get into TF2 as of late. Maybe it is time to hit the sack, and give away my hats and shit.

If you need a poor soul to leave your stuff to, feel free ;)

If you have any promos I'd keep hold of them, they're only going to sky rocket.

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
Man, I can't get into TF2 as of late. Maybe it is time to hit the sack, and give away my hats and shit.
That's silly. Even if you quit just hold on to all your stuff. You're sure to be back eventually even if in a reduced capacity and it'd suck not having any weapons.

I remember when n0b quit and gave away most of his stuff because he was quitting. Then when he came back I had to give him a bunch of stuff that he didn't have anymore because he gave it away.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I heard that in Europe the jank is subsidized by the government.

Also here's my system for when I want to stop playing TF2: I stop playing it.

thefil

Yeef said:
I got a second strange scattergun that is useless to me. Anyone can have it in exchange for a strange pistol and kunai..

Sent you a PM about it. Don't have quite what you want but hopefully we can work something out :)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna be really sad if you actually didn't friend me.

Sourtreats said:

Blimey! So people mostly do this when they go to work then I gather?

I'm creating an alt account just for this then. 30hrs in and I still haven't got any decent shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom