• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
commissar said:
Unless lurkers cannot view Online?
They can't, to avoid non-GAF griefers.

At least, I assume that's the reason!

But that's not really a problem for TF2, since we have GAF in the server name, and we can ban shitheads at will.

Sciz

Boonoo said:
I don't know if it would really be necessary to run through the classes or game modes or anything like that.
In every TF2 thread there tend to be people asking "what's the best to start with", "how do I be effective with X", and "there're maps besides the ones with the cart?" No need for a full blown strategy guide, but short writeups and a link to a good "How to play X" Youtube video would go far, I think.

Also perhaps a section for linking to the spinoff media (comics, Meet the Team) and some of the better community creations (Catzilla, Dance Fortress 2, Gang Garrison 2, etc.)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tell everyone to play medic so when we play on the GAF server each team will have 5 medics. :lol
Also the new buff from soldier only needs 175 damage? That is so easy. I might actually use that.

Twig

Banned
MisterAnderson said:
I told myself I wouldn't spend any money in the Mann Co Store but I just got a supply crate :( So tempting.

How many items come in 1 crate?
Only one item per crate.

corn_fest

I'd like to contribute a section of the |OT| if we're going to have multiple contributors.
Maybe a post on when to use the unlockable weapons or info about trading/crafting/Mann store. Or class descriptions. Or all of the above, whatever, I want to contribute :D

(._.)

Banned
I may kick myself for this later due to time, but if you need a header, feel free to PM me. I want a reason to open Photoshop again.

Trouble

Banned
Nabs said:
Sigh. I bought two keys. Got two Vita-Saws.

vitaetcp.jpg

I'm willing to part with two of 'em. I also have a Darwin's Danger Shield for the Sniper if anyone is interested.

I'm just looking for one of the new Scout weaps, or the L'etranger.
I have a Holy Mackerel if you want to trade for a Vita-Saw.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I have most of tomorrow off so I'll figure out what's going to go down for the OT. I am organizing this and probably going to do the formatting at the very least because I don't want this OT to look like shit. I'm not gonna point fingers, but I have some offensively bad ones of late and TF2 deserves swagger and class.

Yasae

Banned
Sciz said:
An option to simply smash a crate open at some X% chance of destroying the contents would be the easiest solution, I think.
Kulock has a strength of 10. He's too weak to smash open anything. Maybe with a potion of frost giant strength* he could pull it off.

*Not a TF2 item
Hazaro said:
Also the new buff from soldier only needs 175 damage? That is so easy. I might actually use that.
Holy Overpoweredaroli. I'll craft it someday.

Blizzard

Banned
No offense to the people using mumble (i.e. morningbus) but the main reason I like to know is if I'm heavy or medic, since I coordinate over the ingame voicechat, and I can stop saying "heavy medic to the left side" or "spy behind you morningbus!!!!!" to certain people if I know they can't hear. :lol

And Volc, you should heal me some day. ;_; It's okay to heal injured medics, man!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Blizzard said:
No offense to the people using mumble (i.e. morningbus) but the main reason I like to know is if I'm heavy or medic, since I coordinate over the ingame voicechat, and I can stop saying "heavy medic to the left side" or "spy behind you morningbus!!!!!" to certain people if I know they can't hear. :lol

And Volc, you should heal me some day. ;_; It's okay to heal injured medics, man!
When you say it in-game, the other team hears it and they can compensate accordingly, like the spy pulling back and hiding.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Stallion Free said:
Boonoo, I'm definitely willing to help. I go through phases with the game, but I was pretty pleased with how my Dolphin Emulator OT went and have been feeling in the mood to work on another (I'm probably gonna do a massive overhaul of the Dolphin thread when they release 3.0, but I'm kind of dreading it).
That reminds me, with my School having pretty robust computers, and allow you to install anything (They also have deep freeze, so it all gets wiped when you log off [And that includes any changes to my portable HDD, which sucks]), I should see if Dolphin will run well on them.

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free said:
When you say it in-game, the other team hears it and they can compensate accordingly, like the spy pulling back and hiding.
Yes, I'm aware, but that's the fun of alltalk. If the spy pulls back and hides, then the heavy doesn't die, so my mission is still accomplished in that regard, no? At any rate, for something more competitive like highlander we used mumble.

It's also fun on alltalk to hear people say "spy as demo" so you know to switch to pyro instead...but then, they might KNOW that I hear them, and think to look for a pyro instead! So instead I have to outthink them, and keep my original demo disguise... :lol

Volcynika said:
I suck at spy, but I finds it fun.
Yeah, I don't know that I've ever seen you play a non-medic/sniper class, and you were killing people. I think you saved my life once or twice stabbing people.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
You're playing on the wrong server if you care about that sort of thing.

None of us do. Even remotely.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:
You're playing on the wrong server if you care about that sort of thing.

None of us do. Even remotely.
Well Blizzard was stressing out like crazy about Morning hearing him. Like he typed 5+ messages about it. But then you say it doesn't matter who hears shit.

You guys can't get pissy that you can't use tactical info because someone isn't using in-game mic and then completely turn around when I point out that it's flawed tactics and claim that you guys are casual and just playing for fun. If you are just playing casual and for fun you wouldn't give a fuck that he can hear your every notification.

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Well Blizzard was stressing out like crazy about Morning hearing him. Like he typed 5+ messages about it. But then you say it doesn't matter who hears shit.

You guys can't get pissy that you can't use tactical info because someone isn't using in-game mic and then completely turn around when I point out that it's flawed tactics and claim that you guys are casual and just playing for fun. If you are just playing casual and for fun you wouldn't give a fuck that he can hear your every notification.
Well I asked five times because I wanted to make sure he saw it. :lol We still do tend to try hard when we play, and I always stress out too much and try to give info and directions to people.

What I'm saying is that if I know someone doesn't hear me, I can at least stop trying to communicate with that particular person. If I know someone CAN hear me, then as Twig said, I don't care that the other team hears me. If I really want to keep something secret I'll type it in teamchat, but people rarely do that, and alltalk thus has the effect of people hearing spy warnings and sometimes incoming ubers in advance, and being fine with it.

SPY OVER HERE! "No I'm not!"

Not to mention the lovely little chat bubble over cloaked spies.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:

Blizzard is a special case. (He's crazy. (You're crazy, Blizzard.))

That aside, it is entirely possible to communicate with your team while using all-talk. The other team doesn't necessarily know WHERE you are, or WHAT you're doing, even if you say, "okay go! GO GO GO!" But I guess you wouldn't know, since you're always Mumble-elitin' it up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like filling the other team in when they are making strategy. "They have between 3 and 5 Heavies defending the point, we should...", "Just 3! Rest are Medics!". I also like rating out our own spy because the other team rarely realizes I am warning them and not my own team.

You can also play Reverse Psychology games over the All Talk. Tell them a Plan, and let them decide if we are really going to do what we said or do the opposite :D

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Stallion, I agree with you. However, I don't think you're going to convince Blizzard and it seems pointless to argue with him when he's crazy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh my, the Degreaser is better then what I first thought, and its most likely an error. The 25% less damage only gets applied to after burn, it does the same damage as a normal flame thrower currently when being fire.

Wallach

Drkirby said:
Oh my, the Degreaser is better then what I first thought, and its most likely an error. The 25% less damage only gets applied to after burn, it does the same damage as a normal flame thrower currently when being fire.

That's not an error. It would just say -25% damage if that was their intent.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I figured it was talking about any flame based damage, being passive and also spilling over to the Flare Gun.

Wallach

Drkirby said:
I figured it was talking about any flame based damage, being passive and also spilling over to the Flare Gun.

Yikes, that would make it a pretty awful weapon. They generally try to increase weapon synergy (to make loadout choices more difficult), that would just make people run shotgun secondary by default.

Wallach

Yeef said:
Shotgun is what you would be running anyway. On every class, even medic.

Oh yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of the flare gun. It's fun to heckle mediocre snipers with it but the shotgun is too valuable.

On the topic of the Degreaser though, if you hit with the FG after setting someone on fire, it overwrites the Degreaser's afterburn with standard damage afterburn.

Blizzard

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Stallion, I agree with you. However, I don't think you're going to convince Blizzard and it seems pointless to argue with him when he's crazy.
Exactly what was he trying to convince me of? :lol Are you talking about Mumble being better than alltalk for team communication? I'm pretty sure I agreed with that, so...

And I'm only 50% crazy, nowhere near the 75% crazy of Twig.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Anyone else have trouble crafting? I just tried to craft two chocolate bars into scrap, and it said it was successful, but I didn't get anything. The two bars were still gone. So I tried again with two Blutsaugers and it said "error connecting to crafting server" or w/e, but then "crafting successful" and yet again I lost the two items but gained no scrap. Sound like I've lost them for good?

Actually, something else has been screwy as well. I haven't been getting notifications for my drops. I open up my backpack and I'll have like four items I didn't know I had.

Blizzard

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Anyone else have trouble crafting? I just tried to craft two chocolate bars into scrap, and it said it was successful, but I didn't get anything. The two bars were still gone. So I tried again with two Blutsaugers and it said "error connecting to crafting server" or w/e, but then "crafting successful" and yet again I lost the two items but gained no scrap. Sound like I've lost them for good?

Actually, something else has been screwy as well. I haven't been getting notifications for my drops. I open up my backpack and I'll have like four items I didn't know I had.
If you click the button to view in store, sometimes you will get items back when crafting messes up. I don't know that I got any drops at all yesterday, but I crafted two weapons without an issue. Late last night the Steam store (maybe) and the server went down so there may be problems they're working on.

UP FOR TRADE:

8vyjxg.png

- Bonk Helm for Kabuto
- Football Helmet for whatever decent hat
- Yellow Master's Belt + Pyro token for Shooter's Sola Topi

The_Technomancer said:

You'll get 'em back eventually, or just play a game if you haven't done that already. Works for me when a craft supposedly failed.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah, okay, that worked, thanks Blizzard. Incidentally, anyone looking for a Black Box? I'm willing to trade one for just about any weapon I don't already have.

Hugbot

The_Technomancer said:
Yeah, okay, that worked, thanks Blizzard. Incidentally, anyone looking for a Black Box? I'm willing to trade one for just about any weapon I don't already have.
How about a Vita-Saw?

MNC

MicVlaD said:
UP FOR TRADE:

8vyjxg.png

- Bonk Helm for Kabuto
- Football Helmet for whatever decent hat
- Yellow Master's Belt + Pyro token for Shooter's Sola Topi

You'll get 'em back eventually, or just play a game if you haven't done that already. Works for me when a craft supposedly failed.
Bonk Helm for Kabuto? That ugly thing for such a majestic piece of head gear? :O

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:
And I'm only 50% crazy, nowhere near the 75% crazy of Twig.
I'm going to have to go ahead and say that everyone in this thread will disagree with you here.

On account of you're insane.

I'm just wacky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom