• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boonoo

Hazaro said:
How do I get those nice yellow numbers in that TF2 soldier vid?
And what is the difference between the deep 'ding' and shrill 'ding' for damage?

I use community hud and get the nice yellow numbers.

And if you stick

tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg "150"
tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg "5"

in you config (I just have them in autoexec) if will range between those pitches based on the damage you do. It's real satisfying when you get a headshot or a good crit rocket into a group--it rumbles for a good while.

moojito

There's some change you can make to one of the config files that changes the pitch of the ding depending on how much damage you do. Playing mainly a spy, I get a reaaaaaly low pitched DOOOONNNNNNNNG when I backstab people :D

rac

Banned
I have never gotten a hat drop in tf2 before yesterday, and know my last two drops have been hats. Sorry twig :(

Boonoo said:
He means fast horizontal jumps so that you can move around the map quickly without hurting yourself too terribly much.

Here's a quick intro. He goes over a bunch of stuff as well as roll outs on the common maps.

You don't need to perfect them before you start playing, but they're something to aim to.

I already knew I was way below the skill ceiling for soldier, now I know I am no where close :(

(._.)

Banned
Boonoo said:
He means fast horizontal jumps so that you can move around the map quickly without hurting yourself too terribly much.

Here's a quick intro. He goes over a bunch of stuff as well as roll outs on the common maps.

You don't need to perfect them before you start playing, but they're something to aim to.
I may need to turn my sensitivity up

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Boonoo said:
I use community hud and get the nice yellow numbers.

And if you stick

tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg "150"
tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg "5"

in you config (I just have them in autoexec) if will range between those pitches based on the damage you do. It's real satisfying when you get a headshot or a good crit rocket into a group--it rumbles for a good while.
Well its certainly different. The numbers aren't as big though. Pretty sure that's just a font size somewhere... I don't know where.

I didn't play any worse, but those minimalistic team selections are blowing my mind.
Also hooked up another 32 man server board vs the 24/28.

Didn't notice the sounds. I actually probably have sound on hit disabled come to think of it. :lol

Twig

Banned
Um I have no idea.

I use my mouse's sensitivity buttons to adjust on the fly (though I rarely change from whatever the highest setting is).

Boonoo

I'm at 1.

You really can't tell anything by the number, though.

The best way is to measure what your 360 is.

I think I'm around an 8inch for scout and a 5 inch for soldier.

Oreoleo

Boonoo said:
I'm at 1.

Indeed. Most mice worth a damn these days have their own sensitivity adjustments built into the driver software. What 1 or 2.2 or 13 feels like to me is probably not what it feels like to you.

Clydefrog

Boonoo said:
I'm at 1.

The best way is to measure what your 360 is.

I think I'm around an 8inch for scout and a 5 inch for soldier.

You mean you move your mouse horizontally 5 inches to do a 360 as a soldier?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Woohoo, Telltale items are downloading in the latest patch. Now we just wait till Monday to get them? Or was it Tuesday? Damn I want my items.

Boonoo

Hot dog! They added Team Spirit Paint (which is, I assume, pain that's blue if you're on BLU and red if you're on RED). That should be a nice addition.

Forkball

There's also a new paint can called Team Spirit.

[edit]Damn you Boonoo. Some hats already change their color due to the team. I wonder if they will ever release red and blue paint cans separately so you can permanently have a hat of either red or blue.

Clydefrog

Forkball said:

[edit]Damn you Boonoo. Some hats already change their color due to the team. I wonder if they will ever release red and blue paint cans separately so you can permanently have a hat of either red or blue.

Bonk helm comes to mind. I was planning on dying mine black.

Boonoo

Forkball said:

Hmm, permanent red or or blue might get confusing. It would be nice to be able to have something like the Bombing Run or Sniper's bandanna be team colored, though.

Dug

Banned
whatthe.jpg

Uh, am I the only one thats update is 4,000 mega bites?

Dug said:
whatthe.jpg

Uh, am I the only one thats update is 4,000 mega bites?

Mines a little over 2000, I came to ask what it was for. And it sucks because I really wanted to play but I'm averaging 10 kb/s download speed on my campus's horrible internet connection.

Yeef

My sensitivities are:

2.2 for Scout,
2.4 or 2.5 for most other classes,
2.7 for sniper (rifle, zoom ratio 0.5) and
3.0 (huntsman).

I have a script that doubles sensitivity while I'm holding shift for quick turns and such.

That's all at 800 DPI, 7/11 windows.

Also, team spirit is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom