• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Alienups

I can't get into normal run of the mill pub games on valve servers anymore, so boring.

Everything feels like it's going in slow-mo.

Uriah

CTF, like most modes, hinges on the map design. Of the stock CTF maps, only doublecross is any good. There are decent to good custom CTF maps and I'm a fan of CTF Football mode, so those maps I also enjoy.

I did tell you. I TOLD YOU ALL!

Why even put down a sentry when you can run around with an automatic shotgun?

Tenck

I honestly cannot see myself play with other people. I've followed Meta and Quote a bit, but I can't get into the game anymore.

Even on the Gaf server :/

I just can't really get into TF2 at all.

Maybe I need a long break like Artistdude did. I'll probably play Dota 2 and Kingdom Of Loathing *_*

Bluth54

CTF, like most modes, hinges on the map design. Of the stock CTF maps, only doublecross is any good. There are decent to good custom CTF maps and I'm a fan of CTF Football mode, so those maps I also enjoy.
My favorite CTF map is HAARP and it's easy to argue it's not even really a CTF map.

I still want Valve to make it official.

Valve it's time for another community map pack!

Alienups

So odd, i was pocketing a demo and he suddenly tells me; 'Alien, i've heard you're a great heavy' and he starts running back to the spawn and tells me to switch to heavy and he switches to medic.

But i've never seen him before and he only has like 9 hours on the UKCS servers

odd

So odd, i was pocketing a demo and he suddenly tells me; 'Alien, i've heard you're a great heavy' and he starts running back to the spawn and tells me to switch to heavy and he switches to medic.

But i've never seen him before and he only has like 9 hours on the UKCS servers

odd

Looks like somebody's got a stalker. :3

I try and play on other servers, but usually I end up rage quitting. My tolerance for idiotic teams is nearly 0 these days... Which is funny now that I think about it, because I spend half my time in the GAF server dicking off... But yeah...

@Tenck breaks are good for cleansing the soul!

I agree, excepting of gunslinger engineers.

Some maps, like 2fort, though, are much easier to turtle than others. It's part of the reason i like Turbine Pro better than regular turbine. It adds extra flank routes to both the intel room and the center room. The vent change also makes taking out sentries in the intel possible without an uber.

Must play this. I like Turbine and Doublecross (the only tolerable CTF maps in the game IMO) because they aren't all hallways like 2fort. Although Turbine is pretty much hallways, the middle section is what saves it for me.

The server that I play on (The Lions Den) would beat GAF server in a showdown

mother_of_godlhzet.gif

my god, it is on....

I'll be the commentator

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I play on other servers quite a bit, including Valve ones... Probably because I CBA to use my mic, since I'm usually in another voice chat. It's fun trolling with friends and playing goofy load-outs or leveling up your Stranges. :p

If I get one to drop this week, it's yours.
Ah, thanks! I don't play Pyro that often, but I'll happily trade for his fancy-shmancy new weapon. Only reason I was contributing to the Pyro population yesterday was the fact that a Bubble Pipe dropped right before I joined the GAF server, haha...

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Probably, but only because today's GAF doesn't know how to play the game anymore. Go back a couple years and you'd be dead wrong.

Sad but true.

I'm not sure how you're even qualified to make this comment since you've only been on GAF since June of 2011....

Also I know how to play, you stand on the point.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The server that I play on (The Lions Den) would beat GAF server in a showdown
Not from what I've seen.
My roommate plays there so I've been joining more often. It's not as good, but maybe I haven't been on at peak or something.

If we had some kind of 24v24 I'd say we win ez

Sianos

I honestly cannot see myself play with other people. I've followed Meta and Quote a bit, but I can't get into the game anymore.

Maybe I need a long break like Artistdude did. I'll probably play Dota 2 and Kingdom Of Loathing *_*

Yeah, if you aren't enjoying the game just take a break for a while. I guarantee the itch will come back soon.

Nowadays I treat Valve servers and the like as training servers. Practice the fancy manuevers and try out new weapons. Like tr_walkway, but with lag.

If I want Scout practice I'll head to an MGEmod server. If you're trying to improve your Scout, Soldier, Demo, or Pyro game I'd suggest trying one out.

If I'm looking for a more serious game I'll either play on Star's (glorious no crit) server or join a random Gaffer's game. Trying to play a real round on a Valve server is just asking for frustration.

Get a break. It certainly helped me the 4 times I've done it.

Guys, I have something to tell all of you.

I play on a low gravity 100% crit orange map server, a lot.

I only play there to troll everyone and take advantage of the horrible engies. Also its good scout practice. I SWEAR.

I have tried to get onto MGE mod servers but they're always empty. Is there a trick to getting on them, like is there a signup online?

Clydefrog

At The Lions Den, things don’t normally get good until later at night. It’s a west-coast based server, so it’s usually full from like 5 PM until after midnight PST. I usually play there sometime in the evening, like 8 or 9 PM PST. It’s a fairly popular pub so there are always going to be idiots and F2Pers. But the regulars that play there are good players for the most part.

I’ll probably be on after my soccer game and after I watch the end of the LA – Calgary hockey game. see you there if you east coast babies are still awake

Clive sounds like Kuro when he talks about F7. Well used to. Now he talks up GG, I guess, 'cause they went all emo on F7. O' course, back in the good ol' days, it was all about cXg vs GAF.

Face it. You guys suck and so do your friends. GET OUTTA HERE.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Clive sounds like Kuro when he talks about F7. Well used to. Now he talks up GG, I guess, 'cause they went all emo on F7. O' course, back in the good ol' days, it was all about cXg vs GAF.

Face it. You guys suck and so do your friends. GET OUTTA HERE.

What's this shit? I never 'talk up' GG and you need to stop bitching about GG members going on the GAF server when NONE of them frequent it aside from Evilmario, who's from GAF anyways, and myself.

We left F7 cause certain admins didn't want to listen to their community and kicked/banned people for stupid shit like idling. WHICH ALMOST ALL OF YOU HAVE DONE.

I do not tolerate blatant admin abuse. And if it happened on GG, I'd leave it too.

edit: shaddap blizzard! We're dueling here!

At The Lions Den, things don’t normally get good until later at night. It’s a west-coast based server, so it’s usually full from like 5 PM until after midnight PST. I usually play there sometime in the evening, like 8 or 9 PM PST. It’s a fairly popular pub so there are always going to be idiots and F2Pers. But the regulars that play there are good players for the most part.

I’ll probably be on after my football game and after I watch the end of the LA – Calgary hockey game. see you there if you east coast babies are still awake

fix'd

Thread:

What's this shit? I never 'talk up' GG and you need to stop bitching about GG members going on the GAF server when NONE of them frequent it aside from Evilmario, who's from GAF anyways, and myself.

We left F7 cause certain admins didn't want to listen to their community and kicked/banned people for stupid shit like idling. WHICH ALMOST ALL OF YOU HAVE DONE.

I do not tolerate blatant admin abuse. And if it happened on GG, I'd leave it too.

edit: shaddap blizzard! We're dueling here!

ahahahaha

Because it's full of babies who can't handle The Big Shit when it drops.
I see.

No time for happiness when it takes an hour for a game to be finished.

but.... :-(

I kinda figured part of it was the amount of time invested, but (1) everyone's gotta learn how to play the games, as nobody comes out of the womb getting kills and jungling like a champ, and (2) even if the team is losing, there's no reason you can perfect your own skillsets. If you're not a pro, you can get better, so why not use the time when you're going to lose to focus on your speed/discipline/mechanics/strategy or help someone else?

Perhaps I'm a different kind of player. But if money isn't on the line, people should be able to play without venting on each other like toddlers.

Back on the subject of TF2, people who talk shit in game are hilarious. But there's nothing more irritating then actually letting them dominate you. lol

It is immensely frustrating to me that Dota 2 GAF is not as lighthearted as TF2 GAF (except Kuro, evidently). Everything over there is SRS BSNS.

That's part of why I keep coming back here even though I don't really play the game anymore. U:

Alienups

Most online games are super serious business nowadays. It's the main reason why i completely ignored the online aspect of games 'till i decided to try TF2. TF2 seems to have far less douchebags than most online shooters (if you don't count trader scum).

I'd love to give Dota2 a try because it's done by Valve but i've heard nothing but bad things about MOBA communities.

so meh

did get into the beta though

It is immensely frustrating to me that Dota 2 GAF is not as lighthearted as TF2 GAF (except Kuro, evidently). Everything over there is SRS BSNS.

That's part of why I keep coming back here even though I don't really play the game anymore. U:

TF2 GAF is among the best of GAF.

Most online games are super serious business nowadays. It's the main reason why i completely ignored the online aspect of games 'till i decided to try TF2. TF2 seems to have far less douchebags than most online shooters (if you don't count trader scum).

I'd love to give Dota2 a try because it's done by Valve but i've heard nothing but bad things about MOBA communities.

indeed TF2 used to be even friendlier. back before F2P. then it got inundated with a lot of children, who act...well, like children.

I see.

but.... :-(

I kinda figured part of it was the amount of time invested, but (1) everyone's gotta learn how to play the games, as nobody comes out of the womb getting kills and jungling like a champ, and (2) even if the team is losing, there's no reason you can perfect your own skillsets. If you're not a pro, you can get better, so why not use the time when you're going to lose to focus on your speed/discipline/mechanics/strategy or help someone else?

Perhaps I'm a different kind of player. But if money isn't on the line, people should be able to play without venting on each other like toddlers.

Back on the subject of TF2, people who talk shit in game are hilarious. But there's nothing more irritating then actually letting them dominate you. lol
Yeah, I'm all for competitiveness, but I hate it when people get openly hostile in online games over skill level/strategy. No one benefits from it and it just makes the person yelling about it look like an ass. Luckily it doesn't happen too often on the GAF server, and when it does it usually gets turned into humor pretty quickly.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm all for competitiveness, but I hate it when people get openly hostile in online games over skill level/strategy. No one benefits from it and it just makes the person yelling about it look like an ass. Luckily it doesn't happen too often on the GAF server, and when it does it usually gets turned into humor pretty quickly.

look, you bastard, all i wanted was for dog to get ONE FUCKING POINT!

JUST

ONE

FUCKING

POINT!

FAKETWIGGYRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Sianos

Yeah, TF2 GAF tends to make the most rational posts on the forums themselves.

I enjoy the game immensely, but I do tend to vent pent up anger and get angry over little things. I'm sorry if my stress and rage is ruining your experience too.

Top Bottom