• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Sianos

Good rounds tonight. Slowly adapting to the Jank of stabs: had a few clutch stair/side stabs.

Crossiant is fun if you play with people who know the map. It's like Steel, intimidating at first but fun once you understand it.

Forkball

F6423EFB5193D357CDBEEBAF238799A81A8AE0BE

D00B149DDBC5454C6DE224F11B95690E34EE66A4

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
meta is good spy

If everyone was a tryhard they'd check every second like I do. World would be a better place. Sometimes it's not enough.

I did ok today, overextended easily and there's so much less time to react than other stuff I have been playing.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought my world had reached rock bottom when brickyard came up, but then yeef turned on disco mode, melee only, and later friendly fire. =(

Oreoleo

You know, I actually wouldn't mind if Brickyard was made the "default" map or whatever on the server instead of Harvest. Since Brickyard is more suited to low player counts anyway, and it would make Harvest a viable candidate for nominating. We almost never play real matches on Harvest anymore. Always melee only then when there's enough people we just hurry up and end it to get to something else.

Oreoleo

Having a non-stock default map doesn't work. I suppose I could change it to koth_badlands though.

I have a pretty good idea of what you are getting at.. but really, why not? As evidenced tonight pretty much everyone has it downloaded and if they don't they probably aren't that important to our community anyway. But maybe that's a line of thought you are trying to avoid. Anyway, I'm all for a change of default map. koth_badlands works for me

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
meta is good spy

If everyone was a tryhard they'd check every second like I do. World would be a better place. Sometimes it's not enough.

I did ok today, overextended easily and there's so much less time to react than other stuff I have been playing.
Pfft I wouldn't have to try hard if people spy checked properly instead of taking the lazy yeef approach of leaving them if you can't kill them.

Yeef

Pfft I wouldn't have to try hard if people spy checked properly instead of taking the lazy yeef approach of leaving them if you can't kill them.
Having a whole team chasing one spy is pointless. Spychecking is fine, spy chasing is pointless if they're dead ringer. Doubly so if they're using the spy-cycle. You ain't finding them. Just make sure someone is watching the rear.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Having a whole team chasing one spy is pointless. Spychecking is fine, spy chasing is pointless if they're dead ringer. Doubly so if they're using the spy-cycle. You ain't finding them. Just make sure someone is watching the rear.
I'm a demo ffs

But if we don't chase them down and kill them how are they to learn!? You've seen NSQuote running around with the dead ringer disguised as a scout, just waiting for someone to shoot him. If he lives, the terrorists win.

Yeef is a spy apologist.

yeoz

3.x :D

Though some people will probably tell you to go 2.6 since a lot of people still program in that :x
At work, I have to work with Python 2.5 because that's the only version that is officially supported by the firm. :(
I've even got some legacy servers running 2.3, that I backport scripts to occasionally.

In terms of easiness?

When I see something that is just print 'hello world' it just makes me think of my 10 year old self and basic. I really wish I would have been around when you'd copy code out of magazines into your little commodore. I think I would have had a lot of fun with that, but I guess that was before my time.

Unless I'm a Pyro or Medic, I usually give up on a DR Spy if teammates are around. Too often I'm backstabbed while healing somebody and I want to throw my chair.

Proven

I have a pretty good idea of what you are getting at.. but really, why not? As evidenced tonight pretty much everyone has it downloaded and if they don't they probably aren't that important to our community anyway. But maybe that's a line of thought you are trying to avoid. Anyway, I'm all for a change of default map. koth_badlands works for me
I don't have Brickyard. I probably won't be getting it any time soon either.

Yeef

Well, as long as we're talking about bad maps made by GAF members:

I mentioned this to ArtistDude, but TF2Maps.net is doing a Dynamic Payload Contest. I'm thinking of participating* and creating 1 map of each type (Payload and Payload Race). Artist has already come up with a pretty clever idea for the dynamic portion of the map, but I won't mention it here just in case someone (other than me) wants to steal it.

*I use the world participating to mean probably never doing anything because I'm a huge procrastinator.

Tenck

I mentioned this to ArtistDude, but TF2Maps.net is doing a Dynamic Payload Contest. I'm thinking of participating* and creating 1 map of each type (Payload and Payload Race). Artist has already come up with a pretty clever idea for the dynamic portion of the map, but I won't mention it here just in case someone (other than me) wants to steal it.

*I use the world participating to mean probably never doing anything because I'm a huge procrastinator.

I wish I knew how to make maps :O

That looks like an awesome contest.

Fucking doing this. I don't care how much time I waste learning what the hell I'm doing in the map editor.

Top Bottom