• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

As someone who has recently made the switch from LL to vanilla RL, I don't think the LL is a crutch weapon at all. The only thing I have trouble with the switch is dealing with good scouts who are very mobile. I am not predicting their paths well enough. Otherwise, I just have to time my rockets a little differently. I now prefer to have the extra rocket than the 40% speed anyways. I feel like it has saved my ass more times than 40% speed.

The Loch n Load is way more fun to use than the DH, especially on Payload or CP. Bunch of damn Reds clumped up together? Fling a couple grenades and you're sure to get a couple kills... or at least a ton of splash damage.

*Just making this comparison because I never see enough LnL on this server.

Yeef

As someone who has recently made the switch from LL to vanilla RL, I don't think the LL is a crutch weapon at all. The only thing I have trouble with the switch is dealing with good scouts who are very mobile. I am not predicting their paths well enough. Otherwise, I just have to time my rockets a little differently. I now prefer to have the extra rocket than the 40% speed anyways. I feel like it has saved my ass more times than 40% speed.
The Liberty Launcher is a crutch weapon. It makes leading your shots virtually unnecessary and reflecting shots more difficult. It also makes rocket jump attacks less viable. These are skills that all soldiers should learn.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The Liberty Launcher is a crutch weapon. It makes leading your shots virtually unnecessary and reflecting shots more difficult. It also makes rocket jump attacks less viable. These are skills that all soldiers should learn.
I aint gotta learn shit when I'm dealing more mid range damage which is what I prefer. PEWPEWPEW
3 Rockets is enough for almost all engagements and since I'm an actual soldier I have a shotgun to fall back on.

RL is probably the best all around, but I like how LL works out.

I'm just saying, I did not feel like I was struggling when I made the switch. I had to adjust my rocket timing a little, but it isn't that extreme. Granted, I'm not some amazing soldier by any means. I think it can hold you back from becoming the best soldier you can though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
nothing as frustrating...

one dumbass medic going quick shits and then another medic thinking we don't need a GOOD medic cause there already is one

I went to a 24/7 Turbine server last night expecting the worst. Instead, I found a pretty decent number of players just having fun. People protecting Medics and Engineers; nobody blindly charging into an enemy base with guns blazing; Soldiers and Demos actually reloading and waiting for the last few percentiles of my Uber to reach maximum, then giving me the go-ahead.

It truly was a paradise.

Oreoleo

Soldiers and Demos actually reloading and waiting for the last few percentiles of my Uber to reach maximum, then giving me the go-ahead.

Uh, it seems I'm usually having the opposite happen. Have a medic hit the uber after I've used up my clip and have to waste half the thing reloading because they didn't think to wait 5 more seconds or at least keep track of how many rockets/pipe bombs I've launched.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Uh, it seems I'm usually having the opposite happen. Have a medic hit the uber after I've used up my clip and have to waste half the thing reloading because they didn't think to wait 5 more seconds or at least keep track of how many rockets/pipe bombs I've launched.

depends on the situation. if they see a sniper bead on your or a spy close by, they could've saved your goddamn life you ingrate.

i'd rather pop it than drop it.

AND, i'm more nervous around idiot medics that don't know how to spread the uber or give it to you and then stick with someone else.

if they stick with you, there's nothign wrong with running towards the enemy while reloading anyways.

Do rocket launchers ever kill anyone besides gibbing them? I have a Strange Part - Gib Kills and I was thinking of attaching it to one of my strange rocket launchers, but if all the kills are gibs wouldn't it just be two counters tracking the same stat?

While we're on the subject, do Cow Mangler 5000 vaporizations count as gib kills?

Yeef

Do rocket launchers ever kill anyone besides gibbing them? I have a Strange Part - Gib Kills and I was thinking of attaching it to one of my strange rocket launchers, but if all the kills are gibs wouldn't it just be two counters tracking the same stat?

While we're on the subject, do Cow Mangler 5000 vaporizations count as gib kills?
No. There has to be a certain amount of overkill for the person to gib. I'd say probably about 85~90% of the time you'll gib someone, but there's a decent amount of times you don't.

What they need to do is allow you to use gib kills on the equalizer and gunslinger; that way it'll basically just be tracking taunt kills.

Clydefrog

It was really only that one guy with "alien" in his name. He must be drunk or something, dude wouldn't stop talking. And he kept making bad jokes.

I don't know if that's a joke and they're like LotusClan or something, but I'll try it out. ;)

oh it's not a joke. i always play there! just say you know artemis and they'll "love" you :(

2552B1FC79CE1F7DA012BB7E900F96FDC0FBA4C1

cannot unsee the face in the scattergun

Tenck

Strange sappers way too damn expensive. Installing TF2 right now to see how many keys I can get from crafting metal and whatnot, but I doubt I'll have enough.

I went to a 24/7 Turbine server last night expecting the worst. Instead, I found a pretty decent number of players just having fun. People protecting Medics and Engineers; nobody blindly charging into an enemy base with guns blazing; Soldiers and Demos actually reloading and waiting for the last few percentiles of my Uber to reach maximum, then giving me the go-ahead.

It truly was a paradise.

I play on StompFest's 24/7 Turbine server fairly often. I really enjoy it. It's not the most competitive server ever, but I'm not the most competitive player either, so it ends up being a ton of fun.

Top Bottom