• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

I went ahead and generated them thar teams for tomorrow. Remember, try to show up by 8:30 PM eastern tomorrow. (See the group event for your local time)

RED TEAM (2708.51 points)
Scout: Doumeki Kai
Soldier: Joe Cutie Pretty
Pyro: Matt
Demoman: Neroh
Heavy: DogWelder
Engineer: Pangloss
Medic: ];KoS;[ shaqsquatch
Sniper: Katey
Spy: 최수영 (Tenck)

BLU TEAM (2814.19 points)
Scout: Oktoberfest
Soldier: Oreoleo
Pyro: Proven
Demoman: wartime
Heavy: Alien
Engineer: pF. Taco_Human
Medic: Agent P
Sniper: Yeef
Spy: Javaman

ALTERNATES
Professor Beef
sixghost
Kirsten
Woobie

[EDIT] The next event is also all ready for signups. http://tf2.gafserver.com/highlander/?event=4

Blizzard

Banned
With names like shaqsquatch or joe cutie pretty, no doubt you just made these people up! If people don't show up and all the alternates fail, clearly I am the alternate alternate who deserves to play.

Alienups

1198421683311.gif

Yeef

Wartime had to drop out. Both Kirsten and Woobie have demo as their 6th choice, so either can take the spot. If not, since neither beef nor Sixghost had demo selected I suppose Yasae or someone else can get it.

sixghost

Wartime had to drop out. Both Kirsten and Woobie have demo as their 6th choice, so either can take the spot. If not, since neither beef nor Sixghost had demo selected I suppose Yasae or someone else can get it.

I think Pyro was the only class I selected. I'm a poor alternate.

Yeef

I think Pyro was the only class I selected. I'm a poor alternate.
Yeah, I'll have to double check the script. It's supposed to favor people with more classes selected first as alternates. You only have 1 class and beef only has 4 while Winwood and Yasae both have 9.

I'll just go ahead and replace you and beef manually with those two.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I'd have been nice to see a Neroh/Wartime clash of the titans, it's too bad Neroh is going to be crushed under the thumb of Kirsten the Demogod.

Also Javaspy should be able to talk since alltalk if off right?

Kirsten

Woobie can take it if he wants. I would feel awful for the team who thought they were getting wartime and would end up with me as their demo...

Alienups

All the talk about the big update that's coming made me check out what was in the uber update. Didn't know it added so much stuff. Hype levels rising.

I'd better keep on to my metal just in case.

Tenck

I will not be able to make it. I got called in for today and tomorrow to work. I have chosen Sixghost to be my substitute. Let him play a real class :3

Sianos

Java, it's time for you to get revenge for all those times we've stabbed you!

I'd sub for Tenck and play a real class, but I'm too busy. I might watch the stream to SPY on your efforts.

Tip to the Engineers: the Wrangler is super powerful in Highlander. Even a Wrangled Mini is a threat that can force a retreat or kill.

Java, it's time for you to get revenge for all those times we've stabbed you!

I'd sub for Tenck and play a real class, but I'm too busy. I might watch the stream to SPY on your efforts.

Tip to the Engineers: the Wrangler is super powerful in Highlander. Even a Wrangled Mini is a threat that can force a retreat or kill.

What makes the Wrangler such a force? Limited amount of soldiers/snipers to pick it off from a distance?

Blizzard

Banned
What makes the Wrangler such a force? Limited amount of soldiers/snipers to pick it off from a distance?
I think it takes 2-4 rocket (sans direct hit) or sniper shots to kill a shielded mini sentry, and if you use charged shots it could take quite a while. Huge use of ammo, focus, and effort, plus the auto-aim, unlimited range, and instant setup (since you won't have engineers helping you) is probably nice.

Yeef

It's the shield. With the shield a sentry basically has 3x the health. Which means to kill a level 3 you'd need:
  • 9 Regular Rockets
  • 6 Direct Hit Rockets
  • 6 Sticky Bombs
  • 6 Grenades

Fun Fact - A Wrangled mini sentry has, effectively, more health than a non-wrangled level 3 sentry and, unlike normal sentries, it deploys at full health.

I went ahead and generated them thar teams for tomorrow. Remember, try to show up by 8:30 PM eastern tomorrow. (See the group event for your local time)

BLU TEAM (2814.19 points)
Scout: Oktoberfest
Soldier: Oreoleo
Pyro: Proven
Demoman: wartime
Heavy: Alien
Engineer: pF. Taco_Human
Medic: Agent P
Sniper: Yeef
Spy: Javaman

ALTERNATES
Professor Beef
sixghost
Kirsten
Woobie

[EDIT] The next event is also all ready for signups. http://tf2.gafserver.com/highlander/?event=4

pencil me in on the next match. medic, demo or soldier.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Fun Fact - A Wrangled mini sentry has, effectively, more health than a non-wrangled level 3 sentry and, unlike normal sentries, it deploys at full health.

Welp, I know what I'm doing next High Tower match.

Yeef

So I'm thinking of changing the way the points system works. Right now this is what I have planned, but I want some feedback before I implement it (remember, points are only used to balance the teams after players have been selected):

• 1000 points maximum (1300 with mic bonus)
  • Normal points work the same, but are capped at 500.
  • 0 to 200 points based on your KDR over the last 30 days (up to a max of 4:1)
  • 0 to 300 points based on your W/L ratio over all highlander matches only (up to a max of 3:1)
I'm also planning to add a match history page where you can get a list of all matches with stats. It'll also let you look at the history of a specific player.

Lastly, I'm considering allowing people to sign up to be the SourceTV director if there's enough interest.

pencil me in on the next match. medic, demo or soldier.
That's not the way it works. Pay more attention!

http://tf2.gafserver.com/highlander/

It's the shield. With the shield a sentry basically has 3x the health. Which means to kill a level 3 you'd need:
  • 9 Regular Rockets
  • 6 Direct Hit Rockets
  • 6 Sticky Bombs
  • 6 Grenades

But why is it better in a Highlander match than a regular match? I'm aware that mini sentries are beyond glorious, hence why I throw them down from time to time when I'm not playing *Heavy or Backburner Pyro, but I've never been in a Highlander and am just unaware of what makes them even worse in those scenarios.

*Tomislav Heavy

So I'm thinking of changing the way the points system works. Right now this is what I have planned, but I want some feedback before I implement it (remember, points are only used to balance the teams after players have been selected):

• 1000 points maximum (1300 with mic bonus)
  • Normal points work the same, but are capped at 500.
  • 0 to 200 points based on your KDR over the last 30 days (up to a max of 4:1)
  • 0 to 300 points based on your W/L ratio over all highlander matches only (up to a max of 3:1)
I'm also planning to add a match history page where you can get a list of all matches with stats. It'll also let you look at the history of a specific player.

Lastly, I'm considering allowing people to sign up to be the SourceTV director if there's enough interest.

That's not the way it works. Pay more attention!

http://tf2.gafserver.com/highlander/

I think putting emphasis on KDR sorta fucks Medics, right? I mean, I assume they have pretty awful KDRs.

Blizzard

Banned
But why is it better in a Highlander match than a regular match? I'm aware that mini sentries are beyond glorious, hence why I throw them down from time to time when I'm not playing *Heavy or Backburner Pyro, but I've never been in a Highlander and am just unaware of what makes them even worse in those scenarios.

*Tomislav Heavy
You can't duplicate classes to take them out. If you want a spy to sap it or stab the engineer, the spy can't be taking care of the enemy heavy/medic/sniper as well. If you want a sniper to do it, he can't be shooting the enemy heavy/medic/sniper as well. A demo or soldier is good to do it, but then they're taking a bunch of time to do it due to the numbers Yeef posted above.

And trolling snipers with it is great fun since it has auto-aim AND throws off their shot (unless they're a snapshot and just kill you instantly).

Yeef

I think putting emphasis on KDR sorta fucks Medics, right? I mean, I assume they have pretty awful KDRs.
Not really. KDR is the least important of the three. Maximum points you can get from KDR is 200. 300 max for Win/Loss Ratio and 500 max for general points.

Besides, the script only compares points on a class basis. The points are only used to allocate who goes two which team. So, when the script comes to the two selected medics it compares their points to one another. The one with more points goes to the team with fewer points and vice versa.

Not really. KDR is the least important of the three. Maximum points you can get from KDR is 200. 300 max for Win/Loss Ratio and 500 max for general points.

Besides, the script only compares points on a class basis. The points are only used to allocate who goes two which team. So, when the script comes to the two selected medics it compares their points to one another. The one with more points goes to the team with fewer points and vice versa.

Oh, I forgot/didn't know about the comparisons within class. Duh. Makes sense/sounds godo Yeef!

thefro

Welp, I know what I'm doing next High Tower match.

It's a fantastic stalemate breaker on High Tower.

It's great for most any sniping location or even better, controlling a tunnel that's long enough for you to be beyond Demoman range.

The downside is the lack of power compared to a regular sentry, but it's still pretty decent.

Top Bottom