• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Oreoleo

What maps are we doing for Highlander?

I'm all about not playing Payload ever, so maybe something like Steel/Gorge, Foundry and 2fort B)

Javaman

What maps are we doing for Highlander?

I'm all about not playing Payload ever, so maybe something like Steel/Gorge, Foundry and 2fort B)

We can never have too much payload.

ka2Wc.jpg

Proven

If it was up to me, it'd be one push, one parallel, and one attack/defense.

Push being 5cp/KotH, Parallel being CTF/PLR, and A/D being regular control point/payload.

So with SourceTV, are the people watching completely subject to only what it shows us or is there a way to change player views aside from using the space bar to toggle first and third person?

edit: nevermind, player cycling wasn't working, is now though

I would love 2Fort some day. Especially for Highlander, that'd be amazing. Let's get some map voting going for the next Highlander at the least, once teams are decided!

Oreoleo

+2fort
+No payload
+Short wait time for players/no drops

Besides the fact we kinda got crushed, I'd say that was a successful Highlander.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
VICTORY

EVEN WITH 2FORT AND GORGE TAINTING IT, IT'S STILL SO SWEET

First map was pretty damn even, so going into 2Fort I kinda wanted to hang myself instead of play 30 minutes of that. Luckily I used the sticky jumper to great effect.

I think it was the first kill of Yeef with a sword that swung it in our favor.
Actually 2 fort was 5-4 and it was like every cap happened at the same time, so that was pretty even.

Gorge you guys couldn't push hard enough, I wasn't feeling pressured being in good spots as demo.

Blizzard

Banned
2fort and gorge are great maps for highlander since you can't have more than 1 engineer or demo or sniper gumming up the works. :D

Proven

2fort was close in numbers but I felt like every cap we got was by luck while you guys made a well oiled Doumen Kai machine.

Yeef

I think we likely would have won Foundry if there was no time limit. 2Fort was mostly even, but I felt pretty useless as a sniper because the battlements basically only exist to snipe the other snipers.

Gorge, we got destroyed on and I'm not sure why, so I'll blame Proven.

Aslo, that's three events down and Red has won all three. Hopefully, Blu wins next time.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It was kinda embarrassing the number of times we let Log die. Otherwise, it was really fun.
Alien runs across bridge with Log following while ubered.
"Does Alien want his medic to die? Okay."

3 stickies sends Log flying 500 yards, then dies to a follow up sticky.

Also got to bounce Alien at least once into the sky.

Yeef

After this week's Foundry match and last week's Coldfront match, I feel like 5CP seems to play the best in highlander. Both were very even with nice back and forth.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Good games! Despite all the stalemates, I feel like Blu was killing us on Foundry, we were pushed back so far all the time... so I was surprised that we did so well on Gorge. But I do agree that it would have been interesting to see how things would've played out had there been no time limit for 5CP. 2fort was actually kinda fun - the map's okay for Highlander. I retract my previous grumbling about it!

2fort was close in numbers but I felt like every cap we got was by luck while you guys made a well oiled Doumen Kai machine.

All that time spent playing vanilla TF2 on console wasn't a waste! :O

Proven

I think we likely would have won Foundry if there was no time limit. 2Fort was mostly even, but I felt pretty useless as a sniper because the battlements basically only exist to snipe the other snipers.

Aslo, that's three events down and Red has won all three. Hopefully, Blu wins next time.

On Gorge, every push we made on the second point fell apart at the seams. Someone would come in before the uber was ready and either drop Log or knock half of us to low health, but we'd go in anyway. Then Katey and Neroh would just shoot us in the pit.

Alienups

Good thing i set 2 alarm clocks cause i was sleeping alright for once. Sorry if i fucked up a couple of times blu.

PS: 2fort is shit, i never play with my friends cause they only play 2shit, fun tiem seeing it pop-up in highlander

gg Reds

PS2: why the heavy switch ?

I had ONE good demo moment, at some point in foundry where I killed like 6 people with the kritz on the middle point. After that? Worst demo ever.

Proven

After this week's Foundry match and last week's Coldfront match, I feel like 5CP seems to play the best in highlander. Both were very even with nice back and forth.
It's just because those maps have very well made flank routes (not too far off to be useless, but not so easy that you can never defend) and have the open space for large team battles. A lot of the other maps in the game require you to stick together and jump through a single path together, either all buffed or multi-ubered.

That said, we definitely should do a KotH map next time. And maybe Nightfall, as I think it's the best official equivalent to Panic.

Alienups

Alien runs across bridge with Log following while ubered.
"Does Alien want his medic to die? Okay."

3 stickies sends Log flying 500 yards, then dies to a follow up sticky.

Also got to bounce Alien at least once into the sky.

I had no idea what i was doing there,Log should have dropped off and fallen back.

Well, Spy is not my favorite class. I only do well with it when it comes to taking out teleporters. Doug offered to switch with me. Hopefully Tenck won't drop out next time, and I can stay engineer.

I did have fun with Tim on Foundry. Also, I hate heavies with high ping.

Its the only mode to use all class specialty.

Also the lag on SourceTV is horrendous at times, do you know about that?

Blizzard

Banned

True 2fort snipers snipe from the mid-level doorways instead of the battlements.

Yeef

Hey, shut up.

Jank Yard B1 is out.

Come back and play it now or you're all banned.

Here is a changelog.

Geometry optimization
  • Re-added pickups behind rocks (small health, small ammo)
  • Added pickups behind the lone rock
  • Moved center pillars on point to the sides
  • Added player clip to hub caps so that they're easier to run over.
  • Widened center spawn door
  • Expanded spawn door triggers so that they open from further away
  • Widened right side doorway (the one after the right spawn exit).
  • Changed textures
  • Prettified many areas
  • Added soundscapes
  • Re-designed the tunnels so they make more sense, physically (they're still hideous though)
  • Increased the height of the barriers near the point with more illogically, likely physically impossible placed kegs.
  • Added makeshift ramps to the run up on the side of the containers and mirrored it on the opposite side
  • Added barriers to the container corners
  • Added paint patches to show where pickups spawn
  • Changed the skybox from Gorge Skybox to Gravelpit skybox
  • Changed sun and enviroment lighting
  • Added light to the point
  • Centered map on grid (this probably doens't matter to anyone but me).
  • Added brick/plank jutting out to aid in jumping from front roof to balcony
  • Adjusted respawn timers (same as official KOTH maps).
    • Before cap, both teams will have a 10 second respawn.
    • Afterward the team with the point will have 8 seconds while other team has 4 seconds.
  • Added skylights to side building
  • Added staircase outside of right spawn that leads to the roof
  • Added signs to direct players towards the point and the battlements
  • Added cubemaps
  • Added displacements to the rocks

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
There's tunnels?

Also HAHAHAHAH revenge crits, what a ridiculous class. Also you have to be an actual engineer to play this guy, there's too many buttons.

Yeef

There are a couple of things I need to fix and some textures that I was too lazy to change. I'll get rid of the third person spawn room since it's so buggy.

I felt like it did play better for non-scouts and non-soldiers, but it's hard to say since there were so few people and a bunch were just helping to find bugs.

b2 will probably be out by the end of the week.

Top Bottom