• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

leroidys

I'm coming around on the mini sentry hatred.

As in, I used to not mind them so much, but now they are absolutely infuriating. They are simply not balanced at all for KOTH, and make that gametype horrible if they are constantly spammed.

Proven

I kinda agree with Soka still, Yeef. I know it's the least important stat, but I kinda wish it also counted assists or even just points earned:death ratio. I'd have to see how the numbers work out to be sure.

I missed the Heavy wars last page. All I have to add is that the Heavy in a lot of ways is like the Medic. Most of the excitement in his gameplay comes from staying alive long enough to unleash his force on the enemy team. And he's the second most prioritized target for Spies and Snipers after the Medic, but gets killed more often because he's slower and his gameplay leads him into moments of unavoidable tunnel vision.

I mean, if you're going to complain about Heavy, you should also complain about Dead Ringer Spies more.

Edit: Oh, you compare class to class, not just person to person. Ok, then it shouldn't matter too much, unless a bug causes wartime to get Medic since his KDR on Demo breaks the charts.

arab

AWW YEAAA i'll be ready for tomorrow. SHAQSQUAAATCHHHH

53kXS.gif

Has nothing to do with TF2... But this is the only part of GAF I really communicate with.

I passed my last college exam today! Come Thursday, I will be an RN graduate. :)

Proven

Actually, I change my mind about the ratio thing. If you're counting Medic to Medic, and you count kills instead of kills+assists, then Java is far and above the best Medic on the server and the rest of us will have negative KDR when compared.

Has nothing to do with TF2... But this is the only part of GAF I really communicate with.

I passed my last college exam today! Come Thursday, I will be an RN graduate. :)
Gratz man.

Tenck

I mean, if you're going to complain about Heavy, you should also complain about Dead Ringer Spies more.

I stopped using the DR long ago. I feel like only lazy spies use it. If you're getting caught in the cross fire so much, might have to rethink classes.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't think caught in the crossfire is as much of an issue as "Hi, I just revealed my position by killing someone, destroying equipment, or whatever, and even though you know exactly where I am and maybe I am on fire, it is still going to take like 8 seconds to kill me, and I am mostly/completely invisible, and I might get away regardless."

Tenck

I don't think caught in the crossfire is as much of an issue as "Hi, I just revealed my position by killing someone, destroying equipment, or whatever, and even though you know exactly where I am and maybe I am on fire, it is still going to take like 8 seconds to kill me, and I am mostly/completely invisible, and I might get away regardless."

Airblast is your friend. You don't know how infuriating it is to be using the DR and have a Pyro airblast you for what feels like an eternity.

Tenck

Great feeling.

It should also be noted that if you're a Pyro against a DR spy, you've got more of a chance to kill the Spy than him getting away.

Unless you're being stupid and airblasting him away so he gets out of flame range, then that's your problem. And Spies can't attack. Their only option it to run, and Pyros have pretty damn high movement speed. And it's not only Pyros that can win. It's also Scouts with their milk or even snipers with Jarate.

Yeef

It should also be noted that if you're a Pyro against a DR spy, you've got more of a chance to kill the Spy than him getting away.

Unless you're being stupid and airblasting him away so he gets out of flame range, then that's your problem. And Spies can't attack. Their only option it to run, and Pyros have pretty damn high movement speed. And it's not only Pyros that can win. It's also Scouts with their milk or even snipers with Jarate.
In a vacuum, maybe. Realistically, the spy probably has teammates around. Even if he doesn't, it's going to take 7 seconds or more to take him out. The biggest issue with the dead ringer is that no matter if the spy is good or bad they can waste a big chunk of your time.

Oreoleo

I stopped using the DR long ago. I feel like only lazy spies use it. If you're getting caught in the cross fire so much, might have to rethink classes.

I'd say this is usually more an issue with map design *cough payload cough* than class performance or what have you. Of course the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Blizzard

Banned
Airblast is your friend. You don't know how infuriating it is to be using the DR and have a Pyro airblast you for what feels like an eternity.
Oh, I'm quite familiar with that. My issue is that you can have a dead ringer spy up against a wall, on fire, airblasted, and if I recall correctly it takes upwards of 3-4 axetinguisher crits (more?) to kill it. You might still fail to kill the spy, and even a heavy would have presumably died from the axetinguisher in that time frame.

*edit* Also:
Pyro's movement speed is exactly the same as that of spy's. Did they take the pyro set bonus out? The set bonus would be the only thing that would make a pyro faster, and you probably won't run into that. The only classes fast enough to catch a spy are scouts and medics, aside from a crazy weapon effect like equalizer soldier or a demo jumping/charging. You might be able to kill from a distance, but not with the dead ringer.

If I'm not Pyro, I don't waste my time trying to Chase a DR around. Like Yeef said, it takes up too much of my time. I feel like it is better if I stay on the front and push/defend.

The damage reduction is ridiculous on DR. I once saved a lvl 3 sentry from a Heavy and soldier barrage with my DR.

Gratz!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If I'm not Pyro, I don't waste my time trying to Chase a DR around. Like Yeef said, it takes up too much of my time. I feel like it is better if I stay on the front and push/defend.
Pfft people like you give the pussy douche ringer spies a sense of security and confidence and that is why you're all bad.

A scout can out run a spy. A pyro can set EM on fire. A sniper can piss on them.

You would think with all this 'spy check' reminders that people would do it on the GAF server. But no. Only defeatist selfish players that don't even call spies out or run them down.

Pfft people like you give the pussy douche ringer spies a sense of security and confidence and that is why you're all bad.

A scout can out run a spy. A pyro can set EM on fire. A sniper can piss on them.

You would think with all this 'spy check' reminders that people would do it on the GAF server. But no. Only defeatist selfish players that don't even call spies out or run them down.
Yea, running around for 10 seconds as a soldier trying to find a DR spy is pretty pointless in my eyes.

Esp if it is just an average spy who isn't really doing much damage to the team.

DR spies with Spycicle are the most heinous of motherfuckers in TF2. I love heavies, minisentries, etc. It's just DR + Spycicle that turns me into Quote jr.

Oh, and I too enjoy getting in on the airblasting DRed spies.

sixghost

This is my calling in TF2. Don't care if it takes all 200 of my ammo to airblast him repeatedly.
DR spies with Spycicle are the most heinous of motherfuckers in TF2. I love heavies, minisentries, etc. It's just DR + Spycicle that turns me into Quote jr.

Yeah fuck this loadout. I need to flame him for 2 seconds to even reveal if he's a spy, then he just pops the DR and runs away for another 8 seconds.

Alienups

We just ended the night with a pyro's vs shitforcer spies game on barnblitz

i'd rather stagedive into a fresh mass grave than face so many shitforcer spies again

edit: brrt

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Just tried out the wrangled mini troll on a public server. I didn't know they had limited ammo! :eek: It was fun but there's no way it would work against you guys. I got two achievements!

Bluth54

Am I the only one getting disappointed by the lack of major updates this year?

By this time last year we had the Community Map pack which gave us 3 new maps, the Shogun Pack with 4 new weapons, and the Hatless Update that gave us another map and a bunch of balance changes for existing weapons. Between the Third Community Contribution Update and the Shogun pack I wouldn't be surprised if we got about the same amount of hats/misc items last year as this year.

Now that TF2 is free to play you would think that getting out new content would be a high priority. The weekly bug fixes/new hats are nice and everything, but it isn't exactly something that's going to draw new players or get a lot of existing free players to convert to paid players. I know that with the way Valve operates that they can't just tell more of their employees to work on TF2, and it looks like a big update is on the horizon with Meet the Pyro/The Second Saxxys, but it's just been such a mediocre year for TF2.

Javaman

Javaman is going to be the perfect spy. Why?

Would you ever expect Javaman to play spy? EXACTLY.

This is going to be nuts. I hardly ever play spy.

Congrats Nate! Now you can tell people to bend over and cough with slightly less slapping!

I tried the same thing tonight :eek:

it would totally work on the jank

I've used it before. It does work, and it gets more verbal bitching than anything else I've ever seen. It's +1 to my troll meter, and I'm pretty terrible with it!

Java, just spend the entire game doing nothing but fucking with the enemy sniper. If you keep him busy/dead then that's all you need to do. Backstab him constantly until he puts on a shield, then get the ambassador and headshot his sniping ass to death from close range.

Welp, I'm looking forward to my first highlander in a couple weeks, hoping I get picked. I just feel bad that I'm actually, based on the current system, considered to be a relatively high score. I guess that's fair considering I put Heavy as my #1 and if I get it, I'll be the truly unbeatable BB Heavy.

Blizzard

Banned
I've used it before. It does work, and it gets more verbal bitching than anything else I've ever seen. It's +1 to my troll meter, and I'm pretty terrible with it!

Java, just spend the entire game doing nothing but fucking with the enemy sniper. If you keep him busy/dead then that's all you need to do. Backstab him constantly until he puts on a shield, then get the ambassador and headshot his sniping ass to death from close range.

Welp, I'm looking forward to my first highlander in a couple weeks, hoping I get picked. I just feel bad that I'm actually, based on the current system, considered to be a relatively high score. I guess that's fair considering I put Heavy as my #1 and if I get it, I'll be the truly unbeatable BB Heavy.
I still claim the auto-aim on mini sentries for hitting snipers and disrupting their aim is hilarious (unless they're using that new cozy camper thing that I don't have).

Java, remember you can just kill a sniper in 2-3 close range bodyshots with the enforcer or normal spy pistol, I think. Or if you insist on using ambassador, just make sure you get close enough to hit the first headshot and not miss a bodyshot. I don't really recommend it when you can troll with the enforcer instead.

Also I don't have a spycicle. :( I need to look up whether it's difficult to craft since all 6 backpage pages are full and I don't want to buy more room.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yea, running around for 10 seconds as a soldier trying to find a DR spy is pretty pointless in my eyes.

Esp if it is just an average spy who isn't really doing much damage to the team.
This is why you guys are bad.

It's not YOUR time it's team time. He can backstab 2 or more people - spawn time. He can sap engie shit - longer to front line. He can stab a medic - longer time to charge and push.

Far as I'm concerned, non spy checkers deserve no heals.

This is why you guys are bad.

It's not YOUR time it's team time. He can backstab 2 or more people - spawn time. He can sap engie shit - longer to front line. He can stab a medic - longer time to charge and push.

Far as I'm concerned, non spy checkers deserve no heals.
I'm just a F2P baddie and I have no problem with it. :)

Top Bottom