• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

I still claim the auto-aim on mini sentries for hitting snipers and disrupting their aim is hilarious (unless they're using that new cozy camper thing that I don't have).

Java, remember you can just kill a sniper in 2-3 close range bodyshots with the enforcer or normal spy pistol, I think. Or if you insist on using ambassador, just make sure you get close enough to hit the first headshot and not miss a bodyshot. I don't really recommend it when you can troll with the enforcer instead.

Also I don't have a spycicle. :( I need to look up whether it's difficult to craft since all 6 backpage pages are full and I don't want to buy more room.

I just cleared out a ton of bag space making ref, I can spare a page worth of space if you want me to hold some shit for you temporarily. I promise I won't steal too much of it.

Proven

I'll just pass you a Spycicle. I unlocked crates during Christmas to give away items, but I mostly got Christmas weapons that nobody wanted.

Blizzard

Banned
I'll just pass you a Spycicle. I unlocked crates during Christmas to give away items, but I mostly got Christmas weapons that nobody wanted.
That's really nice of you, but it sounds like a spycicle is just a reclaimed + your eternal reward, so I can probably manage to craft it and free up some space at the same time by making metal. If not, I might bug you some time this week. Thanks!

Forkball

Am I the only one getting disappointed by the lack of major updates this year?

By this time last year we had the Community Map pack which gave us 3 new maps, the Shogun Pack with 4 new weapons, and the Hatless Update that gave us another map and a bunch of balance changes for existing weapons. Between the Third Community Contribution Update and the Shogun pack I wouldn't be surprised if we got about the same amount of hats/misc items last year as this year.

Now that TF2 is free to play you would think that getting out new content would be a high priority. The weekly bug fixes/new hats are nice and everything, but it isn't exactly something that's going to draw new players or get a lot of existing free players to convert to paid players. I know that with the way Valve operates that they can't just tell more of their employees to work on TF2, and it looks like a big update is on the horizon with Meet the Pyro/The Second Saxxys, but it's just been such a mediocre year for TF2.
I agree. The weekly items are nice, but nothing compared to the content we got last year. This time last year the Saxxys started, so hopefully it starts up again this week. We haven't had a real substantial update since the Über Update in June.

Blizzard

Banned
Don't worry, I'm sure that since Valve is making so much money from the hats, they don't need to make TF2 content. As a bonus result, they have much more spare time to work on HL3! I mean, wearable computers.

Blizzard

Banned
What happened to Metaphorically? Did he backstab a robot and get electrocuted, or did he realize that playing videogames takes too much time and instead embarked on a rich and fulfilling life?

Yeef

What happened to Metaphorically? Did he backstab a robot and get electrocuted, or did he realize that playing videogames takes too much time and instead embarked on a rich and fulfilling life?
He left us for reddit. Then he randomly came back to play dickyard and left again immediately afterward.

Boney

Banned
Been up over 24hrs. Wired on 4 cups o coffee. Opened up SDK and cranked out a nifty spawn room in like 45min.

Oh maaaaaaaaan @_@

didn't i tell you!

coffee is the most wonderful of muses

Java, just spend the entire game doing nothing but fucking with the enemy sniper. If you keep him busy/dead then that's all you need to do. Backstab him constantly until he puts on a shield, then get the ambassador and headshot his sniping ass to death from close range.

noup

Cliff nots for demo other than aim a bit up plz

As Accidante said, you dump at least 3 stickies at the sentry before you blow them up.

Close range class against scout is kind of rough if you are not sure what you are during. Use the Grenade launcher at close range.

also, SPAM!

Yeef

Demoman:

As a general rule of thumb, if you have direct line of sight to a sentry use grenades; it'll take it down faster and if you hit it at the top it'll also slash the engineer.

If you don't have line of sight use 3 sticky bombs (it actually only takes two, but they have to land RIGHT UNDER the sentry for that, so it's easier to just use 3).

Demoman excels at mid and mid-long ranges, but sucks at close range. Convince your Pyro (Proven) to stick by you and you'll be pretty well-covered.

When using stickies either air burst right on their chest or floor burst under their feet to do the most damage.

When using nades, if you think you're good enough, aim for the feet to juggle them then finish them with an airshot.

Also, ALWAYS taunt after every kill.

How can I use grenades if I'm carrying a sword?

If demoknight,
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................DOOMED WITH A CAPITAL D

Yasae

Banned
Ok so final reminder:

uH5vf.png

Blizzard

Banned
But the booties give me such a tight turning radius!
I tried so hard to use the booties to turn, and the difference is like, barely noticeable. Either I'm crazy or it needs high mouse sensitivity or something.

Can I watch source TV, assuming I can't convince 5 people to quit so I can play?

If for some reason this gets too difficult, you can hold down M2 so that the stickies will explode as quickly as possible.
I remember someone on the server yelling and getting pissed accusing someone of having a script that would explode the stickies as soon as possible. I said it's just him holding the right mouse but I don't think he saw it. The map was Steel, but I don't remember if he was a regular or not.

Yeef

I remember someone on the server yelling and getting pissed accusing someone of having a script that would explode the stickies as soon as possible. I said it's just him holding the right mouse but I don't think he saw it. The map was Steel, but I don't remember if he was a regular or not.
It was that British guy and he was accusing Ranka Lee of using an auto-detonation script..

Proven

Yeah, the M2 thing works. I've tried it myself. Medics can also use it to pop ubers as soon as possible, which is something I really need to consider doing myself.

Demoman:

As a general rule of thumb, if you have direct line of sight to a sentry use grenades; it'll take it down faster and if you hit it at the top it'll also slash the engineer.

If you don't have line of sight use 3 sticky bombs (it actually only takes two, but they have to land RIGHT UNDER the sentry for that, so it's easier to just use 3).

Demoman excels at mid and mid-long ranges, but sucks at close range. Convince your Pyro (Proven) to stick by you and you'll be pretty well-covered.

When using stickies either air burst right on their chest or floor burst under their feet to do the most damage.

When using nades, if you think you're good enough, aim for the feet to juggle them then finish them with an airshot.

Also, ALWAYS taunt after every kill.

Oh and if you're not constantly shooting or reloading, you're playing the wrong class.

Pay a friendly soldier protection money to keep dirty scouts off of you because once they get in close enough, you're pretty much a goner. Sometimes your bets hope is to switch to nades and try not to get yourself blown up in the process.

Wrangled level 3 sentries have 648 HP so in a perfect world with undefended sentry nests it'll take 6 stickies to kill them.

Demopan. Period.

And to reiterate Yeef's last point, taunting is always the best option under any circumstance.

Blizzard

Banned
It's getting pretty tough to keep track of all of it. Yeef, you should set some sort of website up to answer common questions, or maybe provide a signup queue. :(

Yeef

sigh...........not playing again.
You didn't even sign up!

More importantly, I should have the beta version of Jankyard ready in the next hour or so, so we can play it before and/or after the highlander shenanigans.

Also, for prospective map makers, never use Carve or Make Hollow. Sure, you think they're cool, but they lead to billions of little problems down the line.

Top Bottom