• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway - Review Thread

Nev

Banned
i'm with you. i'll take a 10 hour linear adventure over huge open world any day of the week
Same. Nowadays seems every game needs to be open world, even fucking platformers. I just want World 1, level 2 stuff, not a toned down boring GTA.

Not to mistake with things like FFXIII.

AniHawk

Well, there's the issue - you've ignored a large part of why the game is great.

LBP2 was better than the first one in every way and felt like the definitive LBP. I don't see how it was unnecessary.

i mean it's cool other people made good levels, but i'm talking about mm's own design skills. the campaign mode of lbp2 is really unfocused. i understand why, but that doesn't make the game any more fun to play.

SSM and Naughty Dog would like a word with you!

i know what i said

Cha

The game does sound short indeed, but I don't plan on rushing through it. A lot of reviews mention that the game has a lot of variety despite its length. I'm hoping for a Portal type of experience - short but AMAZING!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The game does sound short indeed, but I don't plan on rushing through it. A lot of reviews mention that the game has a lot of variety despite its length. I'm hoping for a Portal type of experience - short but AMAZINGY!

I DONT WIPE PROPERLY
You can beat SMW in an incredibly short amount of time but that doesn't stop it from not being one of the best platformers ever.

Really surprised at the scores, almost to the point of caution. Gameplay is still core to any video game experience, and I still don't fully grasp the gameplay here. Which I'm OK with! Just don't want to get my hopes up. This will basically be my only game of the holidays. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this Friday.

Omikaru

So glad this game is getting good reviews. My pre-order just began processing today, so I'll have it by tomorrow or Friday. Hype!

Looking forward to this, the reviews are very good. Glad to see someone go all out on the Vita hardware and really try to take advantage of all those inputs in an imaginative way.

Don't like the look of this game or the reliance on control gimmicks but these reviews are making me want to play it anyway.

Joystik said:
As a sort of interactive art exhibit, Tearaway is delightful. As a game, it's disappointingly one-note.

This is what I expected, but everyone else seems to love it. Might wait on PS+. I don't have any free space on my Vita anyway.

kaskade

This game has been completely off my radar for some reason. Now I can't wait to play it. I've been wanting a real platformer for a long time.

Definitely getting this game when it's out !

Reviews are great and the game looks like a blast to play ! + It's Media Molecule, creative people !

maxcriden

I'm glad to see this is getting such great reviews. It looks to be one of the most fun games on Vita. The only thing I am disappointed to hear about is the length. The origami feature sounds awesome.

lol, so what's the point of TV Vita again? First ,,killer app'' not even playable on the thing...
And it's really the only Vita version I'd consider buying, too bad.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Those reviews are stellar! Unfortunately, I can't justify buying a Vita for a 7 hour game. However, remote play with my PS4 would be nice...

I keep saying I'm going to buy a vita but I delay, delay, delay. No further, this and remote play have pushed me over the edge and driven into the ground then dropped a boulder on me. Rejoice Vita GAF bros. for there is another in your fold.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
This is the Vita's first A+ game no?

Did the Vita just get a system seller?

lol, so what's the point of TV Vita again? First ,,killer app'' not even playable on the thing...
And it's really the only Vita version I'd consider buying, too bad.

Oh man...
I don't even want to know what distorted idea of vita haters filled your heads with, vita has already many great games, games that would have been considered awesome on any other console(uncharted, wipeout, gravity rush, killzone etc) on vita they are not even considered because haters say so and lazy uninformed people listen to them...

Do yourselves a favor and look at the vita lineup(try something if you can) for yourselves without any influence from others and let's see if you will still think that tearaway is the vita's only great game.

Gaz_RB

This is available digitally Tuesday right?

Oh man...
I don't even want to know what distorted idea of vita haters filled your heads with, vita has already many great games, games that would have been considered awesome on any other console(uncharted, wipeout, gravity rush, killzone etc) on vita they are not even considered because haters say so and lazy uninformed people listen to them...

Do yourselves a favor and look at the vita lineup(try something if you can) for yourselves without any influence from others and let's see if you will still think that tearaway is the vita's only great game.

Agreed. Just got a vita last week, and my mind is still imploding. gravity rush is amazing

Holy shit. GOTY material?? I'm so happy! I was really worried that this might end up a surprise dud.

Let's hope the sales are okay.

Take solace in the fact that the game probably didn't cost much to develop. It wasn't even made by the whole of MediaMolecule, but rather a splinter group consisting of 15 people, allegedly.

hohoXD123

Oh man...

The Vita's library is solid, more than justifies the purchase. Then again, seeing what Sony's 1st party studios are capable of on the Vita, I can't help but want some more upcoming games from them. Gravity Rush 2 is the only game we have as far as I know.

There's also this Tearaway review from some site I haven't heard of:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmypsvita.pl%2Freview%2Ftearaway-recenzja%2F&act=url

This is available digitally Tuesday right?

Agreed. Just got a vita last week, and my mind is still imploding. gravity rush is amazing

Thought it was Friday

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
any reason to buy this physically? You get absolutely everything (pre-orders) buying it from PSN on Friday, right?

Paskil

Just noticed the Paprika reference in the first review. I gotta hear the soundtrack now. Absolutely love the Paprika soundtrack.

Top Bottom