• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway - Review Thread

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Nice. I do love artistically creative worlds. Definitely stands out in the Vita library. It has that Yoshi charm.

It certainly has that Nintendo quality of art and charm. MM are truly becoming something special. I sure to hope their PS4 game is more traditional though as I know they were high on that Move like sculpting mechanic but if they can make a game like Tearaway like adventure and traditional/motion controls with options AND with PS4 level graphics then I would be very happy.

jacobeid

Banned
So glad to see people hyped up for the vita because of this game. The little handheld that could.

On another note, I too would like to know if this game will be discounted on PSN for PS+ members. I'm debating as to whether or not to buy this digitally.

Hmm, wasn't expecting these scores. I don't know why. I'm just so used to so many sony games scoring so lowly. I don't mean tin foil hat, but I mean sony has a thing for making great game ideas and then fucking it up.

Glad it did well.

Naughty Dog and Media Molecule appear to be mostly immune to some of the weird ass design decisions some of the other studios make. They're on another level entirely.

McLovin

Gonna get a vita for remote play on ps4 probably on black friday or most likely December, but this is the first game I'm getting.

big_erk

Because Vita... duh!
Before people start throwing rocks at me, I'm a card carrying member of the Vita nation

Me too! Just wish those cards didn't cost so damn much. ;)
vitamemory_zps26e032dd.jpg

prophecy0

Wow, some really awesome reviews. Is a HD version of this being released on PS4/PS4 at all?

I doubt it. The game is designed around the Vita's unique features (e.g. the back touch pad) and would have to be significantly redesigned to work on a console.

Duster

With those reviews and the £20 price tag I had to order it.

Unfortunately I think that will mean having to choose between buying the new Zelda or Bravely Default before Xmas, luckily they both annoyed me with their overpriced collectors editions so I won't feel too bad waiting for one of them.
Hopefully Tearaway's lower price in the UK will influence other people too.

Those reviews, I was hoping the game would score well, but didn't expect it to do this good!

Can't wait to pick it up once I finish some of my other games!

Absolutely did not expect this to get 10s.

Some are saying combat is 1 dimensional and unsatisfying, others saying it's often varied, so I'm not sure what to make of that. A short length is a bit of a bummer for me, but I like hearing mention of the game getting more challenging later on.

Really looking forward to this.

Steroyd

Damnit!

This reads like a fresh inventive take on gaming that only Nintendo knows how with their unique featureset of their consoles/handhelds.

You've somehow prized open my wallet when it was closed in the run up to the PS4 launch, well played MM, well played.

Holy shit! Game always looked good to me but it's nice to see it confirmed by the reviews. I've never been a fan of MM other games but I'll definetely borrow my cousins Vita to play Tearaway.

GulAtiCa

I'm glad it's getting such good reviews. that stupid $40 price (compared to Europe), was making re-consider getting the game at launch and cancelling my pre-order. Really looking forward to the game now.

But at $40? If it's so short, they should have given it a price break. As much as I want this game, I think I'll have to wait for a price drop :/

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
When did "Linear" become a bad thing? I mean I like more open games but sometimes it nice to just have a more linear experience...

i'm with you. i'll take a 10 hour linear adventure over huge open world any day of the week

But at $40? If it's so short, they should have given it a price break. As much as I want this game, I think I'll have to wait for a price drop :/

yes because gametime is the only important factor to consider when prickng a game

Lijik

Seven hours (from the EDGE review) is a bit longer than I expected after all of the comments I heard about it being short prerelease.

Seven hours is how long it takes to get through a Crash Bandicoot or Jak 1, Ive got no problems with that especially since I know I'll probably replay it a year or two down the line and Im going to maximize my time with it when I get it.

Top Bottom