• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway - Review Thread

Jawmuncher

Ok I gotta say joystiq must be on a rampage or a change or something.
Every review I have seen from them as of late has been 3 stars out of 5 or so.
I don't really care every opinion is valid just thought it was odd to see as of late from them.

Laranja

Wow, those scores are way better than I was expecting!

Not that I was expecting the game to be bad or anything, since this is probably my most anticipated game of the year. I fucking love Media Molecule.

Now, if only I hadn't had to replace my PS3 earlier this year I might have been able to afford a Vita... Oh well, maybe next year.

PotatoCat

Dem scores. This, along with Ys,Persona and Soul Sacrifice, makes me glad I bought a vita. Remote play functionality with my PS4 is also a great bonus.

ugh... another excuse for why I need a Vita :)

I was hoping this game did well. Really loved MM's Little Big Planet and I was worried they might not be able to deliver with a new IP. Very glad to have been proven wrong. The game looks magical.

Remote play functionality with my PS4 is also a great bonus.
I am looking forward to having this ability. I think games like GalaK-Z are going to be great remote play opportunities.

zroid

Banned
Lots of smiles in the Media Molecule studio this morning :)
Thanks for everyone's kind words! <3

Happy_Mummer.gif

Y'all totally deserve it. And Tearaway is the fresh, original, and exclusive experience Vita has deserved since its launch, but so seldom received. There should be no more fence-sitters after Tearaway. Either you want the system or you don't. Hopefully more of the former than the latter.

Madouu

Great reviews but I hate how some reviewers have to mention the fact that it's only on Vita or that the console is in a bad shape commercially speaking like it has anything to do with the quality of the game.

Do we knoe the size of the game?

I wanna go "Card" on this one but it will be so expensive here in Brazil that I might just buy the digital version over PSn and save a lot of cash.

My god...

Media Molecule haters must eat crow today. I've had Tearaway preordered ever since they announced it. Wish it was coming out at a time where there are a million other games being released simultaneously

Amazing reviews. Only game worth buying this Friday. ;)

Okay buy 3D World and Zelda too if you want.

Cool.

I'll wait a couple years for the HD console port. Still don't want a Vita.
Simply not possible for this game to exist on anything but the Vita.

hohoXD123

The reviews have completely taken me by surprise. I'm definitely considering this now... and that's saying a lot considering the other games that are competing for my money this holiday period. Congrats to MM.

Does anyone have any idea as to how long it is?

Around 5 hours, but completion seems to require 20-30 hours. Looks like the sort of game you'd end up replaying.

Cool.

I'll wait a couple years for the HD console port. Still don't want a Vita.

Not happening I'm afraid. Go get a Vita.

DirtyLarry

Damn damn damn.
I am currently on vacation in the Philippines and specifically added funds to my wallet to pick this game up for the plane ride home.
Unfortunately as it is looking right now I will not have a stable enough WiFi connection to download it.
Perhaps the resort I am staying at the final 4 days of my vacation will change my disappointment, or perhaps I can just pick up a retail copy somewhere somehow.
Been so looking forward to playing this, and now all the positive reviews have just amplified my interest to 11.

Gatsu

Neo Member
Got on on order from Shopto for the longest time :).
Always had good faith in MM to produce to sweet goods, well done guys.

KLonso

As nice as this sounds, I'm not sure how I feel about 5-7 hours of gameplay for $40, (and not much reason to replay according to reviews). I'll wait it out a bit.

Cyberia

Amazing reviews. Really looking forward to it.

The true triumph for Media Molecule is that none of the ‘extra-curricular’ controls or feel forced or unnecessary. On the contrary, each and every one feels natural and works just as you would expect to it should. That intuitiveness is thanks in no small part to DIY look of the papercraft world, a design choice that tickles your instincts to get involved and touch/change the world with your own hands.
Made out of paper it might be, but Tearaway is anything but flat. This is Media Molecule showing it can make a game as well as it can make a set of creation tools, and it only makes you more excited about what’s to come from them in future.

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/reviews/tearaway-review/

8/10

Hmm, wasn't expecting these scores. I don't know why. I'm just so used to so many sony games scoring so lowly. I don't mean tin foil hat, but I mean sony has a thing for making great game ideas and then fucking it up.

Glad it did well.

Top Bottom