• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway - Review Thread

Takao

Banned
Pleeeease come to PS4 at some point, even a year later. It looks awesome.

Will it be possible to play this on Vita TV with a standard controller?

The game has been described as the most Vita game that ever Vita'd. Some mechanics are so reliant on the touch, camera, and other Vita handheld specific hardware that it couldn't be replicated on a controller without major differences.

Anyone have the US PSN price? Looked but couldn't find.

It's $39.99 at retail, as SCE published games get a 10% digital discount it should be $35.99.

Wow that's one of the highest review scores I've ever seen from Polygon.

To be completely fair, I think after this launch and Polygon have not shown particular bias one way or the other, perhaps we can put the conspiracies to rest? Yes they rated The Last of Us very low, but they seem to rate almost everything more harshly than most.

Vita killer app confirmed?

At least the second killer app, after Gravity Rush. Maybe the third after Killzone Mercenary, although that didn't score nearly as highly.

Buying Media Molecule was a great decision by Sony.

Agreed, and I also think that being bought was a great idea by Mm. Very few publishers would have allowed them to drop their popular series and invest in two completely new games.

Murrah

Banned
So happy this is getting great reviews even though I don't have a Vita yet. Game just oozes heart and charm, and above all else I'm glad that this fall has just been absolutely insane with amazing games no matter what your platform of choice is. For sure this'll be my first purchase with the system down the line

mollipen

At least the second killer app, after Gravity Rush. Maybe the third after Killzone Mercenary, although that didn't score nearly as highly.

Tearaway completely took me back to how I felt playing Gravity Rush. It's this totally different, wonderfully fresh experience that makes you not want to put your Vita down. The system really needs more games like this.

K.Sabot

This might be another Psychonauts of reviewers going "PLEASE LOOK AT THIS" when bigger things are happening around it.

bombshell

The SixthAxis: 9/10

What’s Good:

A fantastic art style and world created from paper.
A story that heads in several interesting an unexpected areas from the opening in Valleyfold.
Taking pictures of every beautiful little thing.
Precise controls and snappy combat keep the gameplay light and fun.

What’s Bad:

Some later sections could be quite hard for a younger audience and small hands.
The in game papercraft creating tools felt imprecise to create quality items.
Occasional side missions broken by dumb AI, requiring you to replay the area.

Gamereactor:

a4f3e.jpg

Top Bottom