• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway - Review Thread

Dunkers92

Nice. Congrats MM. Cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Such a shame it's releasing on the same day as the One. It may get snowed under and it deserves better.

mollipen

And this is after a reload. Before the "Breaking News" bit was not formatted at all.

We just switched to that new header, and there's still a bug somewhere that causes the text in the white area to not be formatted properly sometimes on load. If you mean the space to the left of the "My EGM", that's where your profile photo loads if you're logged in. It kind of looks like it's screwed up if you're not, though, so I think we need to have something there as a placeholder.

If you're talking something else, I'm probably missing it. *heh*

shink

Kinda surprised by the high reviews. Thought they would say something like better on home consoles or something.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
We just switched to that new header, and there's still a bug somewhere that causes the text in the white area to not be formatted properly sometimes on load. If you mean the space to the left of the "My EGM", that's where your profile photo loads if you're logged in. It kind of looks like it's screwed up if you're not, though, so I think we need to have something there as a placeholder.

If you're talking something else, I'm probably missing it. *heh*

I am also scrolled all the way to the top, but all that shit behind the menu is hidden.

Takao

Banned
Kinda surprised by the high reviews. Thought they would say something like better on home consoles or something.

I've seen a lot of people port begging this game presumably because there's nothing like it on a home console.

mollipen

I am also scrolled all the way to the top, but all that shit behind the menu is hidden.

Ahh, you know, I wonder if it's because you're using an ad blocker. The site might not be compensating properly for that. Thanks for letting me know—I'll get it checked out. Derailing over!

Ratrat

POLYGON
By its conclusion, your authorship over the world and its story feels absolute, culminating in an ending that is more affecting than any I've experienced this year.

hmm...

VanWinkle

WOW. Stunning:

ix4ic2qiMmBHf.gif

If the gif is too big, I can link it instead. It was 10MB.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Ahh, you know, I wonder if it's because you're using an ad blocker. The site might not be compensating properly for that. Thanks for letting me know—I'll get it checked out. Derailing over!

It shouldn't be....let me see.

Edit: Yup, you are right. White listing your site now.

Definitely one of the games that will get me to eventually purchase a Vita. I'm disappointed to hear about how short/low on replay value the game is though. Looks like more of an excellent rent than anything else.

so1337

Do you not have a Vita, so think notifier here that finally has come a game that justifies the purchase of this machine.
Finally? There've been plenty of those already, just saying.

Nothing wrong with more killer-apps though. Tearaway looks exquisite.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Perfect holidays confirmed

Zelda: looking perfect
3D World: looking perfect
Tearaway. looking perfect

aaaaaaaw yeaaaaaaah

So the long awaited Vita killer app is here, Guess I'll have to buy Tearaway. Gonna bomb hard but I will be one of the proud few to play :)

nampad

Really sad to see that how the german Eurogamer is the only Eurogamer outlet without a review. No 4players either.

How is it not exclusive? It's only available on the Vita.

Because it is a port from a PS2 game. People will argue about whether it counts or not.

mollipen

POLYGON

hmm...

Not to spoil anything, but I went into the ending thinking that there was no way they're show you what the message was. It's like the aliens in Contact, or the secrets of Lost island, or whatever else. The mystery is so built up that you can't help but be disappointed.

I wasn't disappointed.

sono

Gold Member
Excellent reviews!

The Edge review was quite poetic

"And throughout it all there’s you, up in the sky, gazing benevolently down from the sun, the smile on your face forever unbroken."

So this, Mario 3D World, and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds all come out on the same day? Lawd.

It's a shame this game is apparently so short, but otherwise it sounds wonderful.

co1onel

Not to spoil anything, but I went into the ending thinking that there was no way they're show you what the message was. It's like the aliens in Contact, or the secrets of Lost island, or whatever else. The mystery is so built up that you can't help but be disappointed.

I wasn't disappointed.

Ugh, don't do this to me. I'm so curious about the letter now I have to play it just for that.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh yes - this sounds awesome and its cheap too ( at leats here in europe).

Top Bottom