• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway - Review Thread

oh I have a Vita and this pre-orderd! I just think this engine would look incredible on the PS4. So happy for Media Molecule

Ah okay. Isn't that rumoured Parappa the Rapper game supposed to be utilising the same graphics engine used for Tearaway? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

B.O.O.M

I know but that engine man!!!!! can you imagine the paper engine on the PS4

Oh for sure. But I wouldn't mind them going with something entirely different for ps4 too even on an art style point of view. Such a talented bunch. Either way it will be great

That said this game is made by 15 or less people right? amazing feat. I hope sony approve more projects like this for vita going forward

AlphaQuack

Neo Member
Why on earth would i stress on buying myself a PS4 when theres so many games still to play both on the Vita and PS3. Hotline Miami was a blast playing on the train every morning on my way to work, Guacamelee is one of the most entertaining games i've played this generation and Gravity Rush.... well. I'm not a big fan of Gravity Rush.

But Teardrop seems cool.

co1onel

Ah okay. Isn't that rumoured Parappa the Rapper game supposed to be utilising the same graphics engine used for Tearaway? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

There's probably a good chance it is, but it wouldn't be the same construction paper look as Tearaway. I imagine it would look more like the original parappa.

Tygamr

Review scores are pretty good. Except for Joystiq, but they seem to be an outlier. Good to see reviewers enjoyed it. Vita GoTY? Can't wait until Friday!

Why on earth would i stress on buying myself a PS4 when theres so many games still to play both on the Vita and PS3. Hotline Miami was a blast playing on the train every morning on my way to work, Guacamelee is one of the most entertaining games i've played this generation and Gravity Rush.... well. I'm not a big fan of Gravity Rush.

But Teardrop seems cool.

You were doing so well until this part.

mandiller

The game is already out in Australia. I played some this morning and it is fantastic. Here's a few screens I posted in the OT

2013-11-20-104125qmzp0.jpg

2013-11-20-112344q8scn.jpg

2013-11-20-1051510nbbo.jpg

2013-11-20-104501ycakr.jpg

2013-11-20-104437zby91.jpg

2013-11-20-112327gxsb2.jpg

2013-11-20-112238jcsrb.jpg

2013-11-20-104855ibs3c.jpg

There's probably a good chance it is, but it wouldn't be the same construction paper look as Tearaway. I imagine it would look more like the original parappa.

Oh for sure, it won't be the same art style, but he's talking about wanting to see the engine on the PS4 and I'm saying... the third Parappa game, if it exists, will give him what he wants.

Jomjom

Banned
Wow amazing what they can do when Sony doesn't force them to make LBP after LBP. I'm floored that this game is getting such great reviews. I didn't think it would get a single 10, much less multiple 10s and 9s.

CrisKre

Very excited about this. Some of the negatives are a little concerning, but what I played at e3 was delightful.

Will play. After mario and zelda. Those two take priority.

I'm kind of relieved by these reviews since I had it digitally preordered.
The digital preorder price was quite smart BTW: 25€ is impulse preorder territory for me.

I honestly don't know how I'm going to manage all that portable goodness TBH: over 2 weeks I'm getting this, Zelda, Ys and Bravely Default. I'm almost glad I don't own a WiiU so I don't have to add 3D world on top of that.

Takao

Banned
Wow amazing what they can do when Sony doesn't force them to make LBP after LBP. I'm floored that this game is getting such great reviews. I didn't think it would get a single 10, much less multiple 10s and 9s.

Media Molecule only made two LBPs, lol.

CrisKre

Better than Mario 3D world
If you mean critical acclaim: no. Mario seems to be the overall better game actually.

But this post is simply disguising and fanboy fuel. Who cares. Both games are probably brilliant in their own right. Let's hope both titles succeed so that platformers keep being made. I will support both releases with my purchase.

I politely ask you to stop this nonsense.

Skyzard

Banned
Sounds like the biggest problem is length and replayability. Good work MM, seems like a great title.

Definitely one of the games that will get me to eventually purchase a Vita. I'm disappointed to hear about how short/low on replay value the game is though. Looks like more of an excellent rent than anything else.

This is my worry too, hope it lasts a really long time. Hanmik says it took him 20-30hours to 100% with collectibles after he completed it. I'm happy :)

AniHawk

lbp2 felt so unnecessary. it made me wonder if the first game was a fluke. or beginner's luck. or something. tearaway looks like it's the real deal though. these guys are probably sony's best studio right now (i hear bend is good too but i haven't played any of their games).

lbp2 felt so unnecessary. it made me wonder if the first game was a fluke. or beginner's luck. or something. tearaway looks like it's the real deal though. these guys are probably sony's best studio right now (i hear bend is good too but i haven't played any of their games).

I enjoyed lbp2. But it did sort of lessen the triumph that was the first game.

co1onel

Ah you are right. I forgot they didn't make the portable ones. Technically, I said "LBP after LBP" =p

Well I wish they had gone straight to this instead of LBP2.

Keep in mind that Tearaway was only made by a small team of 15 or so people within MM. The majority of them are working on the PS4 game.

Top Bottom