• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

Oh, good find!

Edit:
Wonkey points out strange silhouettes(that could mean nothing)
CmR3ueQVIAAsNxA.jpg

But that guy on the right could be Raven.

+ Taekyon girl
+ Universal Soldier Baek

lol

These "silhouettes" are making me think "create-a-character" mode. That's pretty much what Combot was in TTT2.

These "silhouettes" are making me think "create-a-character" mode. That's pretty much what Combot was in TTT2.

If it's like an improved version of SC5s system that'd be really cool.

Just let people turn it off completely in options and also have an option to revert trolly penis customs to the base model during the load screen before a fight. Also none of that height/size changing stuff.

If it's like an improved version of SC5s system that'd be really cool.

Just let people turn it off completely in options and also have an option to revert trolly penis customs to the base model during the load screen before a fight. Also none of that height/size changing stuff.

No No No. Ruined the perception of the soul calibur series. I'd rather not.

Their Reluctance to do Concrete Cosmetic DLC bothers me.

I wouldn't mind dropping coin to get T3 Yoshi or some shit. Or Long Hair King. Or Biker Hair Paul. or T4 Hwoarang. Put some money in your pocket guys >_>

Dereck

I wouldn't mind dropping coin to get T3 Yoshi or some shit. Or Long Hair King. Or Biker Hair Paul. or T4 Hwoarang.
Yeah, who cares about subpar free shit. Give me some good shit that costs $3 and I'll pay $3 for it.

GrayFoxPL

I wouldn't mind dropping coin to get T3 Yoshi or some shit. Or Long Hair King. Or Biker Hair Paul. or T4 Hwoarang. Put some money in your pocket guys >_>

Yeah, I'll sign up for that.

Tbh I can't stand listening or reading Harada's blabbering anymore. It's just a waste of time.

I haven't played yet, so take with a grain of salt.

T6 Lili is pretty different from TTT2 Lili so not sure what your baseline is.

But new stuff in FR compared to TTT2:
3+4 RA
df3+4,3 RD
u2
those three you mentioned.
ff2 is power crush now
b1~f goes into crouchdash
db4 launches on normal hit again

Oh right, that u+2 is her old f+1+2 from DR.

Pachimari

I'm gonna start up Tag 2 tomorrow and play Bruce. Wanna learn Josie's Rage Drive. When I receive Tekken 7, that'll be the only game I'll dedicate time for. Wanna be a champ with Josie.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'd play Tekken Revolution if it was on PS4. I'd play any Tekken if it was on PS4. I just need one.

Son Of D

I'd be up for some legacy costumes. Especially Tekken 4 which had some great designs for the cast.

I'd play Tekken Revolution if it was on PS4. I'd play any Tekken if it was on PS4. I just need one.

That's me right now. I'd even accept a download only port/remaster of Tekken 6 and/or Tag 2.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm gonna start up Tag 2 tomorrow and play Bruce. Wanna learn Josie's Rage Drive. When I receive Tekken 7, that'll be the only game I'll dedicate time for. Wanna be a champ with Josie.

Same. It's time I branched out to other characters.

sasuke_91

I read on KTA that in the newest FR build Hwoarang's RD Hunting Hawk (u/f+3,4,3+4) screws. That's interesting.
He also has 2 new strings. u/b+3,3 (mid, high) which leaves him in LFS and u/b+3,4 (mid, mid) which leaves him in RFS.
And of course Beak's b+1 is also new.

Nuszka

Wonder if we will get to see some streams of FR today? Are arcades in Japan being updated at midnight ? If I'm correct then 7 more hours till a new tekken release :)
Edit: just saw wonkeys twitter , another 17 hours to go then with the maintenance in affect.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Wtf :'). Is that their reason for no Kuma, Panda, Roger in T7?

I want to see who says this shit lol

I can't get over the "proper fighting game" bit. I like the old, more grounded martial arts movesets a lot (although it bears mentioning that Kuma and Roger/Alex were in from the first two titles) but we're long past any semblance of whatever that description is supposed to mean. Right now in Tekken 7 we've got idolmaster dance-fighting (literal dance fighting, and not just Capoeira) a lady who wields a magic tiger, a dude who fights with "Sirius-Style Purification Sorcery", Alisa, Lars, Yoshimitsu, Devil Jin, etc.

Tekken 4 was probably the most grounded game in the series atmospherically, with it's cool-mundane stages and darker thematic tone. It still had this (which, imo, is still the closest they've ever come to giving Kuma a dramatic story).

Slightly related, but I really miss those super atmospheric tracks that played during prologues and epilogues in Tekken 4 (prologue epilogue) and 5 (prologue epilogue) (sorely SORELY missing in Tekken 6). There's something about their understated mystery that seems to give the story so much more depth.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I really, really hope they don't leave SRKs as fully invincible moves. That's the one thing I've seen so far in Tekken 7 that I massively dislike.

GrayFoxPL

I really, really hope they don't leave SRKs as fully invincible moves. That's the one thing I've seen so far in Tekken 7 that I massively dislike.

Yeah it's going to be similar to revo with no respect for the frames. You're minus bilion? No matter - invincible move. Revo gameplay degraded to a dumb, wait ages for someone to throw out invincible move for punish because preasuring opponent was too risky.

Everybody gonna wait for them shoryukens while Akumas will do everything else and win on opponent's passivness.

We need dem anti-Akuma strats so scrubs will never win no matter how buff Harada will make him. ;)

AAK

Tekken Revolution invincibles are not like a shoryuken. The invincible properties were not instant and had startup frames. If I did Hwoarang's WR+3 my jabs would still interrupt the invincible move my opponent was mashing.

I can't get over the "proper fighting game" bit. I like the old, more grounded martial arts movesets a lot (although it bears mentioning that Kuma and Roger/Alex were in from the first two titles) but we're long past any semblance of whatever that description is supposed to mean. Right now in Tekken 7 we've got idolmaster dance-fighting (literal dance fighting, and not just Capoeira) a lady who wields a magic tiger, a dude who fights with "Sirius-Style Purification Sorcery", Alisa, Lars, Yoshimitsu, Devil Jin, etc.

Tekken 4 was probably the most grounded game in the series atmospherically, with it's cool-mundane stages and darker thematic tone. It still had this (which, imo, is still the closest they've ever come to giving Kuma a dramatic story).
All puns aside, we're stuck with these abominations now. It is our duty to maim them repeatedly without remorse.

I know I'll be slicing LC to ribbons with Yoshimitsu every chance I get.

sasuke_91

I have no idea why I'm so hyped for FR release tommorrow. Maybe because it feels like a fresh game and we'll only have to watch it for half a year before we get our hands on it. But really, can't wait for the first videos and streams.

Dereck

Knee said he's "starting fresh" with Tekken FR.

He probably means literally dumping all of his 7.0 knowledge for FR since he kind of knows the game in and out. Dude had a Tekken 7.0 cabinet on his nightstand and shit for like 6 months.

Sayah

Slightly related, but I really miss those super atmospheric tracks that played during prologues and epilogues in Tekken 4 (prologue epilogue) and 5 (prologue epilogue) (sorely SORELY missing in Tekken 6). There's something about their understated mystery that seems to give the story so much more depth.

Ugh.....I miss the look and feel of Tekken 4 so much.

How fast do power crush moves get their armor in T7? Right from the start?
They are all different but usually the faster the move the faster the armor start up.

Knee said he's "starting fresh" with Tekken FR.

He probably means literally dumping all of his 7.0 knowledge for FR since he kind of knows the game in and out. Dude had a Tekken 7.0 cabinet on his nightstand and shit for like 6 months.

He meant he's not going to transfer his card data from 7.0 to FR. Knee had 4 characters at Tekken God Rank, like 16 in blue rank, & the rest in the new Ruler rank. He's going to throw all that away. What a G.

Nuszka

I asked before but what about Koreas arcades , are they getting updated as well , if so GreenArcade stream will be on all day on my tv.

GrayFoxPL

Tekken Revolution invincibles are not like a shoryuken. The invincible properties were not instant and had startup frames. If I did Hwoarang's WR+3 my jabs would still interrupt the invincible move my opponent was mashing.

I know shoryuken is even worse. I'm saying the invincibles were already bad enough.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akuma can shoryuken out of crouch. Thanks Harada.

WMyhrUX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom