• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want JayCee to come back, not Julia Chang. I wouldn't mind Michelle though.

This ^ I feel like they made Julia fresh again and adding a female wrestler to the roster helped with variety and you still had that classic playstyle in Michelle for those vets that want their vanilla Chang back.

AAK

Julia/Michelle? Yes. Jaycee? No thanks.

I want JayCee to come back, not Julia Chang. I wouldn't mind Michelle though.

This ^ I feel like they made Julia fresh again and adding a female wrestler to the roster helped with variety and you still had that classic playstyle in Michelle for those vets that want their vanilla Chang back.

T6 and TTT2 Julia are still the same character with the same play-styles. Her getting some new moves doesn't make her a brand new character the same way Steve getting new moves like PKB in T6 don't make him a new character in T6 from Dr. Her situation is a far cry from Tag1 -> T4 Jin. If Julia is coming back in T7 she's not gonna have her animations regressed to pre-TTT2 era.

T6 and TTT2 Julia are still the same character with the same play-styles. Her getting some new moves doesn't make her a brand new character the same way Steve getting new moves like PKB in T6 don't make him a new character in T6 from Dr. Her situation is a far cry from Tag1 -> T4 Jin. If Julia is coming back in T7 she's not gonna have her animations regressed to pre-TTT2 era.

In that case then, Michelle isn't needed at all then :/

Also, why has Katarina got a shitty tramp stamp tattoo?!

Make Jaycee her own character with more original moves and keep Julia. Michelle isn't coming back unless it's tag games so I would prefer a pure chang.

AAK

In that case then, Michelle isn't needed at all then :/

Yeah, she's a close just like Tiger/Alex/Forest/etc.

Make Jaycee her own character with more original moves and keep Julia. Michelle isn't coming back unless it's tag games so I would prefer a pure chang.

So a Devil Jin / Regular Jin scenario? That means making a completely brand new movelist for the same character. TTT2 Julia has the same core moves, strengths, weaknesses, and flowcharts as T6 Julia (just not as broken).

GrayFoxPL

Gimme JayCee and Guy Chang.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was the day of wonky hitboxes in Tag2.

I got sweeped out of Capital Punishment. Yeah, in the air. Think about it.

Later dude was spamming Leo's d+1+2 stance but he was screen away so I thought I'd fire up electric for practice. It hit him. While he was deep low in d+1+2. From almost screen away.

ddWN4FU.gif

Something else also happened, but I can't remember any more. What a day.

Yeah, she's a close just like Tiger/Alex/Forest/etc.

So a Devil Jin / Regular Jin scenario? That means making a completely brand new movelist for the same character. TTT2 Julia has the same core moves, strengths, weaknesses, and flowcharts as T6 Julia (just not as broken).

I mean make her the friend who Julia was filling in for instead and use the moves in Tag 2 and add on to that.

I don't see that being a big task since they are adding more brand new characters.

GrayFoxPL

OK some things I tried to figure out from new move lists(Without RA&RD):

Paul:
b+2,1 - mid mid, hold 1 for guard break?
ub+2 = old b+2
FC df+1+2 - only notation for gumba(hand sweep)

Bryan:
db+1+2 - new mid, high move from the gif.
FC df+4 - mid S!
b+1+3_2+4 - parry

Jin:
b+1 stance 3 - new mid move with S! and Homing.
b+1 stance 3+4 - old stance 3 kick

Steve:
uf+2 - mid ,old uf+2 seems gone
ws+1,1 - mid high

Lars:
DE+3 - so f+3,3, mid

Heihachi:
d+1,2 - mid mid
b,f+2,3 - mid high S!

Jack-7:
df+1,1 - mid mid S!
b+1 - mid

Devil Jin:
b+1+3_2+4 - Power Crush move (?!)

Dragunov:
f+3,2 - mid high S!
SS+3+4 - throw(?)

Kazumi got 2 new moves(or strings.)

Claudio & Katarina & Josie got 3 each.

Shaheen - 4.

Lucky Chloe - 7! (Oh no.)

Gigas - 8!

Edit: Nina has 7!

Nina:
f+2+3,DF - Rage Drive
3,3,4,3 - h,l,h,m
4,3,4,3 -h,l,h,m
f+2,1,4 - h,m,h S!
df+3,2,DF - transition into qcf
df+3,2,d+3,4,3 - m,h,l,h,m
fff+1+2 - mid (what is it?)
WS+1,4 - m,m

Hm.

Kazumi gets a throw from Fly, that might be neat.

Katarina gets a new low that doesn't look too hot and d2, a counterhit launcher that's -10 on block and can go into Harrier. Kiiinda looks like it might high crush? Dunno. Might be good.

GrayFoxPL

Hm.

Kazumi gets a throw from Fly, that might be neat.

Katarina gets a new low that doesn't look too hot and d2, a counterhit launcher that's -10 on block and can go into Harrier. Kiiinda looks like it might high crush? Dunno. Might be good.

Where did you find the properties?

AAK

I mean make her the friend who Julia was filling in for instead and use the moves in Tag 2 and add on to that.

I don't see that being a big task since they are adding more brand new characters.

I see what you're saying, but The wrestler unique stuff for Julia in TTT2 was border line useless. Here's the useful ones:

d+2+3 for high damage Oki
d/b+4 high damaging, non launch punishable low with free 50/50 FC mixup after
f+3 stance
f+2+3 tackle

a list of the rest moves:

u/f+3+4
u/f+1,2,4,3+4
BT 2+3
BT u/3+4
u/f+2
d/f+3+4 (only useful with tag assault)
Bridge stance (only 1+2 useful with tag assault)
f+2,2,1 & f+2,2,2
f,f+4
f,f+1+2
f+4:1+2

None of those moves are a part of her game at all and don't have much value IMO in a Tekken movelist. I struggle to think of how to make a character based off these moves listed above since they're mostly just fluff that can be added to an already existing character.

And in this case that character was Julia who'se foundation remains completely intact. Her game still completely relies on moves like shotgun, party crasher, mad axes, FC mixups, WR pressure, war drum, and the incredible crush moves at her disposal just like her T6 counterpart. So Namco can strip her of those new TTT2 additions and regress her to the old T6 version and there'll be no difference in the grand scheme of her gameplay, I just think it will be a waste since making a brand new character based on those handful of moves isn't really a worthy addition to the roster personally speaking. I'd much rather they start from scratch with the Lucha dore style and make something more akin to El Blaze from VF than TTT2 Julia.

Doomshine

So based on the description of premium training mode I'm going to assume that you can search for online battles in training mode in the console version like SF5.

KENDATSU SEN (Item battles) remind me of the single player stuff in VF4.

AAK

Damn, I hate that system.

So what if we have like 5 different customizations for one character, how do we select them? Or will we only be able to save a custom to one symbol button?

This is the arcade version, things can be different for the console versions.

Rheon

Oh, good find!

Edit:
Wonkey points out strange silhouettes(that could mean nothing)
CmR3ueQVIAAsNxA.jpg

But that guy on the right could be Raven.

+ Taekyon girl
+ Universal Soldier Baek

lol

Yeah, no way those are random silhouettes. Guy on the far right looks like Raven.

Playsage

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...bution-site-update-new-game-modes-charac.html

Premium Training Mode. Pay for such advanced features like damage values and stage reset.

Edit:

Hey Bryan's Parry seems to be b+1+3_2+4

Last move
http://www.tekken-official.jp/tk7frac/pdf/bryan.pdf
What does the "H" property stand for?

And regarding that promotional banner, those silhouettes are nothing worth noting. Pretty sure the male ones are the same "model" in different positions.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you want me to add anything to the EVO thread PM me. And as usual I'll ask for a list of notables. 25+ is good.

I see what you're saying, but The wrestler unique stuff for Julia in TTT2 was border line useless. Here's the useful ones:

d+2+3 for high damage Oki
d/b+4 high damaging, non launch punishable low with free 50/50 FC mixup after
f+3 stance
f+2+3 tackle

a list of the rest moves:

u/f+3+4
u/f+1,2,4,3+4
BT 2+3
BT u/3+4
u/f+2
d/f+3+4 (only useful with tag assault)
Bridge stance (only 1+2 useful with tag assault)
f+2,2,1 & f+2,2,2
f,f+4
f,f+1+2
f+4:1+2

None of those moves are a part of her game at all and don't have much value IMO in a Tekken movelist. I struggle to think of how to make a character based off these moves listed above since they're mostly just fluff that can be added to an already existing character.

And in this case that character was Julia who'se foundation remains completely intact. Her game still completely relies on moves like shotgun, party crasher, mad axes, FC mixups, WR pressure, war drum, and the incredible crush moves at her disposal just like her T6 counterpart. So Namco can strip her of those new TTT2 additions and regress her to the old T6 version and there'll be no difference in the grand scheme of her gameplay, I just think it will be a waste since making a brand new character based on those handful of moves isn't really a worthy addition to the roster personally speaking. I'd much rather they start from scratch with the Lucha dore style and make something more akin to El Blaze from VF than TTT2 Julia.

You make very valid points and I would love a character bases on El Blaze.

I think either choice wouldn't make or break it for me I can easily pick someone else but you're right about slots.

Bleep

Heihachi:
b,f+2,3 - mid high S!

Excellent, I really think Heihachi needs this. His screw options aren't too hot in vanilla 7. Hopefully the 3 has a good hitbox...

Claudio got a really weird new move with Starburst. Not sure what it could be used for.

If you're talking about d/b+1+2, it's a mid then unblockable. In the preview builds people were saying the unblockable has to be stepped after blocking the mid: https://twitter.com/ZRM_25258/status/698844419475132416

Excellent, I really think Heihachi needs this. His screw options aren't too hot in vanilla 7. Hopefully the 3 has a good hitbox...

If you're talking about d/b+1+2, it's a mid then unblockable. In the preview builds people were saying the unblockable has to be stepped after blocking the mid: https://twitter.com/ZRM_25258/status/698844419475132416

....I'm the one that discovered that during the original FR Beta build so no.

I'm talking about the new d+12.

Anyone here play Lili in Tekken 7? I was trying to find information on what changed between T6/TTT2 and T7FR and it seemed like she only got 3 new moves. That can't be right. I know of the f,f+1+2 chargeable move, the b+2,1,1+2 and qcf+2,1 which replaced the old qcf+2.

Another Harada/Murray interview about T7FR

Harada said:
We can’t say anything concrete for consoles, but we could say we aren’t going to make you pay for something in the game. If it’s something not in the game like a Karin costume from Street Fighter V which wasn’t originally intended and everyone wants us to make it. If we end up making it later we would have to pay Capcom royalties and in that instance it would be DLC or something. Monetization just to unlock something in the game isn’t something we’re thinking about.

Hmm. That's a weird example just to bring up out of the blue...

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I think they're trying to say they wouldn't do on-disc paid DLC, but if it was DLC created after the fact, especially something they had to get a license (or pay royalties) for, then that would probably cost money.

So far, in Tekken 7, comical characters like Kuma and Roger Jr. aren’t in the game. Tekken Revolution also mentioned some other unique characters from Tekken 3 like a praying mantis and flopping salmon that could have been added into the PS3 game. Will we see any of the non-human characters return or any of these unique characters in Tekken 7?

KH: It’s very difficult. They were part of Tekken and we’ve seen when they’re not there we have a lot of fans who say those characters are what made Tekken interesting we want to see them again. But, if we do introduce them, we get another side of the community who says, “What’s your problem? Why are you putting animals into my proper fighting game?” Then the people who got the animal characters are happy and they become quiet, but then the voices saying, “What’s your problem why are these crazy characters in the game?” are left. It’s very hard and it’s something we would like to think in depth about.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/0...-not-charging-game-items/#GurAMESUUxXLUSc8.99

Lol.

Dereck

Whenever they answer a question I swear it's like they're afraid of any criticism. These guys are probably the worst interviewees ever.

Rheon

Whenever they answer a question I swear it's like they're afraid of any criticism. These guys are probably the worst interviewees ever.

MTE. They always give some vague ass answers that manage to skirt around the original question completely. I just don't understand.

Anyone here play Lili in Tekken 7? I was trying to find information on what changed between T6/TTT2 and T7FR and it seemed like she only got 3 new moves. That can't be right. I know of the f,f+1+2 chargeable move, the b+2,1,1+2 and qcf+2,1 which replaced the old qcf+2.

I haven't played yet, so take with a grain of salt.

T6 Lili is pretty different from TTT2 Lili so not sure what your baseline is.

But new stuff in FR compared to TTT2:
3+4 RA
df3+4,3 RD
u2
those three you mentioned.
ff2 is power crush now
b1~f goes into crouchdash
db4 launches on normal hit again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom