• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm just mixing models and not understanding properly, my stick doesn't have bluetooth, is cable only, I think it was the very first stick by hori compatible with the PS4.

The model Im using is this one:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00JK9LQ78/

It is PS4 compatible, but does not have the trackpad and on appearance/functionality is the same as the V3.

Pretty sure all PS4 sticks have bluetooth. They need it for the stupid 8 minute verification. Doesn't mean they are wireless.

That stick though is not the one that we tested. We tested this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SULMRI4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Dereck

@AAK, you know what I'm talking about, I'm not sure what to think now.

TwcKXz8.gif

qUzMVaW.gif

AllenShrz

Video of the input drops. I dare anyone to tell me it's just an execution error.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=PnwdjPnFbMg

Edit:

Just tested the TE2, it has the same problem. So far I've yet to find a PS4 stick that this is not an issue for. Might be time to buy a gaming PC instead.

PC gaming is waiting you with open arms, is always sunny around here. You can build now quite powerful one and cheap.

About the PS4 sticks problem, I though of doing a proper test to my stick as a fun project, test the inputs with a custom program running with the raspberry pi and a relay.

Even perhaps program it to perform it EGWFs, haha it should be entertaining.

Did Kazumi get a damage nerf somewhere down the line? Or did everyone else get buffs?

I remember in the early days of vanilla it was cries of OMG TEH DAMAGE every time she got on screen, but now she's at the bottom end of, say, this 15f damage ranking.

Or is it just how her wall carry/damage is great, which makes her do a lot better than those base numbers in practice... ?

sasuke_91

Did Kazumi get a damage nerf somewhere down the line? Or did everyone else get buffs?

I remember in the early days of vanilla it was cries of OMG TEH DAMAGE every time she got on screen, but now she's at the bottom end of, say, this 15f damage ranking.

Or is it just how her wall carry/damage is great, which makes her do a lot better than those base numbers in practice... ?

Seeing the names written in Japanese confuses me. I don't understand half of those names.
Jack at the bottom.
Is Kazumi the one who does 58 damage?
And who's the one who does 62 damage? Dorashaorou? I can't make out what that name is supposed to be.
Devil Jin doing 74 damage with a 15f launcher. I think he needs some buffs.

Seeing the names written in Japanese confuses me. I don't understand half of those names.
Jack at the bottom.
Is Kazumi the one who does 58 damage?
And who's the one who does 62 damage? Dorashaorou? I can't make out what that name is supposed to be.
Devil Jin doing 74 damage with a 15f launcher. I think he needs some buffs.

Yeahhhh, it's abbreviations in japanese. Kinda hard to follow. Multiple characters without any spaces too. Like "Dorashaorou" is Dragunov, Xiaoyu, Law. ^.^;;

Actually, lemme just TL the list.

Jack 55
Yoshimitsu, Feng 56
Asuka, Kazumi 58
Josie 60
Lili, Jin 61
Dragunov, Xiaoyu, Law 62
Leo 63
Paul, King, Chloe, Katarina, Claudio 64
Nina, Alisa, Shaheen, Hwoarang 65
Lars 67
Gigas 70
Bryan, Kazuya 71
Heihachi 72
Devil Jin 74

sasuke_91

Yeahhhh, it's abbreviations in japanese. Kinda hard to follow. Multiple characters without any spaces too. Like "Dorashaorou" is Dragunov, Xiaoyu, Law. ^.^;;

Actually, lemme just TL the list.

Jack 55
Yoshimitsu, Feng 56
Asuka, Kazumi 58
Josie 60
Lili, Jin 61
Dragunov, Xiaoyu, Law 62
Leo 63
Paul, King, Chloe, Katarina, Claudio 64
Nina, Alisa, Shaheen, Hwoarang 65
Lars 67
Gigas 70
Bryan, Kazuya 71
Heihachi 72
Devil Jin 74

Oh my god that is so stupid xD

So it was Dora Shao and Rou...
I read Hwoarang as "Faran" and got confused.
Oh and Bryan is just "Bura" which is kind of... cute... considering his character?

GrayFoxPL

Even perhaps program it to perform it EGWFs, haha it should be entertaining.

1 button EWGF's. Yeah, entertaining.

WMyhrUX.gif

Man, I love Tekkengamer, so sleek. They just linked this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtglEaftlmM

Can't wait to watch this.

Hah, very fun video.Casual but brings in the nostalgia factor full force.

Funny too:
On Kazuya:
"If you use unsafe move to try to open him up, he's going rip you apart worse then critics ripped apart that Tekken movie."

I'm always sad that not every player got to experience Tekken 2 in mid 90's. That experience was unexplainably amazing. Literally destroyed senses of 13-14 kids like myself. I could play it even 11 hours a day.

Only couple more experiences like that ever:

Playing for the first time Final Fantasy VII in 1997.

Playing for the first time Metal Gear Solid in 1998.

Watching Transformers the Movie(1986).

Edit: Oh and seeing Mortal Kombat 1 for the first time. Insanity.

Pachimari

Tekken 2 was something else. But the worst were those kind of friends who only wanted to play Devil vs Devil matches, and where it were only allowed to use lasers lol.

I'm also reminded how much I want Law's yellow and Kazuya white undershirt costumes back.

Also greatly enjoyed that video.

Rajang

I'm always sad that not every player got to experience Tekken 2 in mid 90's. That experience was unexplainably amazing. Literally destroyed senses of 13-14 kids like myself. I could play it even 11 hours a day.

This so much.

<3

GrayFoxPL

I'm also reminded how much I want Law's yellow and Kazuya white undershirt costumes back.

Yeah, loved them too.

Maybe that's why I kinda don't understand the over designed shit we're getting in T7FR with eg. Hei's or Leo's new costumes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New special intro! Jin vs Kazumi!

Sasuke, what do they say?! What do they say Sasuke?!

Pachimari

I would love if the costumes were much simpler. Although I really like the costumes of Leo and Hwoarang, though they are over designed for sure.

I'm on freakin suicide watch after the Claudio f+4 nerf was discovered. Why did they have to fucking do that. So frustrating. They just made Claudio's risk reward even worse : /

Rheon

Cm6l1cvUEAAIIxY.jpg

Guess who.

Cm63Q76UsAA-3lV.jpg

I am loving this new option to change default hair color *-*

Especially since the create-a-hairstyles look like hot shit in this game

sasuke_91

I was 4 years old when Tekken 2 came out. My older brother always tells me how he went to Arcades to play the game. He's also the reason I play claw style (he's always been a casual player though).
My magic moment was seeing Hwoarang's kicks in Tekken 3 on the PS1 for the first time.

New special intro! Jin vs Kazumi!

Sasuke, what do they say?! What do they say Sasuke?!

What SquirrelSoup says.
I don't really understand Japanese by the way. I only know how to read (although I already fail at the simplest of Kanji) and I know some sentences and basic grammar from watching anime (and some drama) my whole life and some stuff I taught myself.
You can ask me if you want to know what Lili says. Or Shaheen. Or Leo. But don't expect much more :p

I would love to learn some serious Japanese though. There's a whole lot of languages I'd love to learn to be honest. I love languages!

Numb

Cm6l1cvUEAAIIxY.jpg

Guess who.

[MG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cm63Q76UsAA-3lV.jpg[/IMG]

I am loving this new option to change default hair color *-*

Especially since the create-a-hairstyles look like hot shit in this game

ganguro time

What's the nerf?

F+4 doesn't force crouch on block anymore. May also have less + frames on block making it a really shitty version of Mishima's f+4 instead if a slightly worse version. Makes the move pretty much useless.

Mishima F+4

i19 +3 Forces crouch

Claudio's F+4

i22 Frames +3(+2?)

cordy

Banned
I hope he does Tekken 3, but I doubt it.

So far he's done 1 and 2 so he probably will. The thing is that he did T1 9 months ago so it could be a while before 3.
Hah, very fun video.Casual but brings in the nostalgia factor full force.

Funny too:
On Kazuya:
"If you use unsafe move to try to open him up, he's going rip you apart worse then critics ripped apart that Tekken movie."

Completely agree.

My family got the PSX and it had the demo disc with Tekken 2 inside, I was completely blown away I just couldn't believe it. Just amazing.

Man, i don't remember much about Tekken 2 to be honest. It's pretty long ago. I just know it was 'the one i played with my brother' while T1 was 'the one i played with that guy at school'.

I do remember making both brother and classmate pretty damn pissed off by doing supposed "cheap" stuff, ha ha. Good times.

AAK

Even mids will get crushed over Akuma's (safe) jump ins.

@AAK, you know what I'm talking about, I'm not sure what to think now.

http://i.imgur.com/TwcKXz8.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qUzMVaW.gif/IMG][/QUOTE]

I think the first GIF the law player instantly goes into 3+4 after the DSS cancel so fast that you don't see the animation. The second GIF you a hint of the DSS animation before the 3+4 which probably means the Law player inputted the 3+4 follow up too slowly.

It's kind of like Steve's duck cancels. If you see even a hint of Steve's FLK stance before doing the f+3 the iWS+1,2 after is almost guaranteed to miss your opponent. I believe the same thing applies here where you have to be on point with how you time the 3+4 after the DSS cancel.

[quote="Osu 16 Bit, post: 209742316"]Man I'm really liking this game. Katarina has completely rejuvenated my interest in Tekken.[/QUOTE]

Congrats to the Chicago scene for getting the machine. I guess the Wizard World tournament coming up next month in your city will be pretty competative.

[quote="Have a Nice Day, post: 209752611"][URL="https://youtu.be/cTNNKPoEO0k?t=530"]I guess they didn't fix the camera swap after doing a rage art in FR.[/URL][/QUOTE]

Oh man I'd be so pissed.

What sucks is I'm a pad player so I have to use stick on the cabinet. I'm hoping after enough time I'll just get used to playing on stick but it's rough. It's taking everything I have not to salt out.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Tekken 2 was something else. But the worst were those kind of friends who only wanted to play Devil vs Devil matches, and where it were only allowed to use lasers lol.

My neighbor and childhood friend wouldn't speak/hang out with me for over a week because I constantly beat the hell out of him with Law. XD

Cm6l1cvUEAAIIxY.jpg

Guess who.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Gonna Ganguro the FUCK outta Josie!!!

The 86 movie was a classic. Saw it about 4 or 5 times just to get the full impact. Hated the seasons that came after. TF without Optimus was shitty.

Man, that first TF movie remake though (2007), especially in theaters. Not gonna lie, I think I went back and saw it about 4 or 5 more times also. Just to catch details I lost. So much of my childhood (TF was always my favorite cartoon in the 80s) brought back to life with that movie.

And then TF2 happened. Fuck you producers for letting Michael Bay get his hands on the script and become a producer as well. For shame.

Tekken 2 is what sealed the deal for me for becoming a fan. What got me into Yoshimitsu though, was dealing with all my troll friends who loved spamming those damned Devil lasers. 1+2 wasn't too bad, but the flying lazer was beyond cheap. Yoshi could cross the gap fast with shark attack, and I'd stab them into oblivion with his 10 hit combos.

I really miss Yoshimitsu's ability to make copies of himself. That was so cool.

"Clonimitsu" was what we called that side throw back in 2000 or so on Tekken Zaibatsu. And yeah, it's a shame that move is gone.

But didn't Namco say they took that out of the game because it had framerate issues? The character would look terribly glitchy if the throw was recorded because he blinked too fast for cameras/recording devices back then.

As seen here: https://youtu.be/2Orjc_t3DBQ?t=17m10s

And then they give that effect to Jinpachi anyway.

FailFish

One of the coolest things Yoshimitsu lost was his ability to steal moves from the opponent Shinnok/Shang Tsung style in T4 with a successful flash and the sword turned blood red.

EDIT: Just to show what was possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhTAOUlF0k8

The move was indeed fun, but outside of combo videos, it was hard to manage. You didn't always know what move you copied - if you flashed the attack too soon. I dropped a lot of combos for example, thinking I flashed Pauls qcf+2.

My real gripe though, was that it replaced the classic flash entirely. Would have been nice if they let him have both. 1+4 for classic with damage, maybe 2+3 for copy (and no damage).

It's a bit late now to bring it back in T7 since there aren't any more major updates outside fixes and console edition, but I wouldn't oppose it returning. Just give it a separate command and I'm cool. :D

AAK

^^^
Or best of both worlds... 1+4 does the launcher AND does the move steal ;)

And maybe modify it such that Yoshi always steals the same move from the character just like Shinnok's Imposter variation. If they'd make that move viable that'd be pretty cool. (Imagine always stealing Bryan's b+1 that leads to a guaranteed flash if they do anything :p)

He'd still be leagues weaker than Akuma.

^^^
Or best of both worlds... 1+4 does the launcher AND does the move steal ;)

And maybe modify it such that Yoshi always steals the same move from the character just like Shinnok's Imposter variation. If they'd make that move viable that'd be pretty cool. (Imagine always stealing Bryan's b+1 that leads to a guaranteed flash if they do anything :p)

He'd still be leagues weaker than Akuma.
Well, having both in one move might be considered OP, I dunno. It's hard to say how strong a move like that could be, balance wise.

But the idea for always stealing the same, consistent iconic move from each character is a great one. I like this. I could also see them giving more utility to his soul siphon throw (qcf 2) by letting him steal the iconic move that way. I'd be down for that too.

As for Akuma, I have faith he'll feel the nerf bat soon. Even then, I'm used to Yoshi being mid to low tier. His changes in T7/FR are for the most part quality of life changes which I'm happy with.

I just wish the DP wasn't the all powerful God move that it is. It should be parryable like anything else. That's all I want.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
If Namco were to re-implement the concept of stealing moves, I'd think it would be more useful as a tool for advanced mind games in meta play.

For example, it's not to uncommon to be at the mercy of multiple EWGFs, normally you'd duck and punish but if you're daring enough to time a "move stealing flash", you can turn the tables for making a really good read. This includes stealing different moves each time, the player is rewarded for reading correctly and stealing the countered move.

Really good players will always find a way to make use of a move that has potential.

GrayFoxPL

What SquirrelSoup says.
I don't really understand Japanese by the way. I only know how to read (although I already fail at the simplest of Kanji) and I know some sentences and basic grammar from watching anime (and some drama) my whole life and some stuff I taught myself.
You can ask me if you want to know what Lili says. Or Shaheen. Or Leo. But don't expect much more :p

I would love to learn some serious Japanese though. There's a whole lot of languages I'd love to learn to be honest. I love languages!

I'm the same, I love languages. I'm a lazy ass though.

I didnt say I was going to cheat. Is just a project, I like programing and play with robotics.

I know I just imagined legion of cheaters whose eyes lit up on such info.

I mean few days ago I run to a guy on Tag2 that was reranker, lagswitcher and ragequitter. The full package. Give that kind of guy a limitless power like on PC and he'll go even worse.

That's what I mean. The assholes that shit up PS3 or 360 online will also shit up PC but they'll have much more tools to do that. And I know they're just waiting for the opportunity.

One of the coolest things Yoshimitsu lost was his ability to steal moves from the opponent Shinnok/Shang Tsung style in T4 with a successful flash and the sword turned blood red.

EDIT: Just to show what was possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhTAOUlF0k8

Steal moves and sell them on ebay.

MM9KGBn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom