• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

I just read this and suddenly didn't want to be a part of this forum anymore.
NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation.

How pompous

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
They schedule's Namco's EVO panel during the T7 top 8. Wtf.

ZZJhpme.gif

NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation.

How pompous
I feel you. The bolded part is why I don't dare venture to other parts of GAF. Especially off topic section.

It's so subject to personal bias and interpretation that it's like walking on eggshells over a bottomless pit.

Not worth it IMO. I'll just hang out here and kick it with my Tekken homies.

Village

How pompous
I don't really see how that is pompous
I feel you. The bolded part is why I don't dare venture to other parts of GAF. Especially off topic section.

It's so subject to personal bias and interpretation that it's like walking on eggshells over a bottomless pit.

Not worth it IMO. I'll just hang out here and kick it with my Tekken homies.

That sounds like you wanted to say some fuck shit but you know your ass will get banned.

Village

Fuck shit as defined by who. You?

Fuck shit is decided by mods

And often times when I see " i feel like i'm walking on eggshells" not saying this is you, its ussually associated with a poster who several of their opinions could possibly fall into ... generally being insensitive and inappropriate. And saying that they feel like they are walking on egg shells instead of ...say doing some introspection.

Not saying that's you, but i see this way too often.

Sayah

I don't really see how that is pompous

Really you don't see it. Let's dissect this statement.

1. NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, (yeah, because casual gamers don't exist)

2. enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers (look at us - we're so cool.).

3. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence (lmao),

4. presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, (lmaooooooooooo)
seh6p.gif

5. prevail through careful moderation. (lol)

Fuck shit is decided by mods

And often times when I see " i feel like i'm walking on eggshells" not saying this is you, its ussually associated with a poster who several of their opinions could possibly fall into ... generally being insensitive and inappropriate. And saying that they feel like they are walking on egg shells instead of ...say doing some introspection.

Not saying that's you, but i see this way too often.
After some "introspection", I've decided not to get further into this debate.

Neogaf is a private entity, and therefore has the right to run the site however they want. It doesn't belong to me, so I don't have business in telling them what to do. If they want to run and moderate according to their values, then they should. Sayah and I can disagree on with them until we're blue in the face, but the final word is with them.

And if it is still unbearable to us, we can leave. Nuff said. I was just supporting him on this one.
---------------------------
Moving on to something in the realm of on topic... I hope srkevo1 and TEKKEN capture some great matches tomorrow morning, because I sure as hell won't be awake at that time. It's gotta be rough trying to compete that early in the AM when those aren't one's natural hours. Good luck to any Tekken Gaffers competing!

cordy

Banned
I clock in 1 hour before the EVO begins so I'll try to get my work done quickly and then turn to my other computer and watch the SFV matches. Luckily, the T7 semis begin as soon as I clock out so it'll be fun times.

GrayFoxPL

Really you don't see it. Let's dissect this statement.

1. NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, (yeah, because casual gamers don't exist)

2. enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers (look at us - we're so cool.).

3. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence (lmao),

4. presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, (lmaooooooooooo)
seh6p.gif

5. prevail through careful moderation. (lol)

You give too much attention to meaningless disclosures.
There could be satanistic mantra written in the legal stuff. Who gives a shit.

As someone who's been banned 8 or more times for stuff like laughing at a joke or saying that Namco turned Paul into a "retard" and I'll still say GAF is relatively fair compared to other forums. At least it's decent enough middle grounds.

Before Gaf I was on a forum on a site that I can't name because they grew big today. I give you an example: I made an innocent thread about PS2 online games like socom, monster hunter, RE outbreak, popular games at the time. Thread to just talk about this and share experiences. In less then a minute my thread got "invaded" by some PC elitists. They literally trashed my thread and me, ridiculed, laughed, I was attacked from all sides. I couldn't even defend myself. I felt like a kid in school bullied by assholes and I did nothing wrong. It was so called "thread take-over".
Do you think moderators did anything about it? No, nothing. Did anyone defended me from those assholes? No, no one.

This kind of thing wouldn't fly here on Gaf. Yes there's still lots of bullshit here like absurd political correctness etc. but it's nothing compared to other places on the internet when you can be destroyed and haunted by masses assholes and there are no "political correctness cops" to help you.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I'm glad I can call GAF my home and it's because of people like You and all other guys from our bunch. :)

Rajang

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yes we need Kuma! Fuck Panda though!

Wait if Kuma fucked Panda.

We'll get Kumpanda! o_O

We'd get Kuma Jr. which would lead into the next era of Tekken: the end of the Mishima saga, and the beginning of the Jr. saga

Roger Jr. and Kuma Jr. are the head honchos at rival zoos, and then one of them starts World War 4 somehow. Are you writing this down?

I'm hoping one of the two is Raven, actually.

GrayFoxPL

We'd get Kuma Jr. which would lead into the next era of Tekken: the end of the Mishima saga, and the beginning of the Jr. saga

Roger Jr. and Kuma Jr. are the head honchos at rival zoos, and then one of them starts World War 4 somehow. Are you writing this down?

I9Va6O9.gif

GrayFoxPL

I think it's fair to say that we here on TekkenGAF don't expected from ZTS anything else than what he already did on previous tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom