• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Is there a site with images of all the costumes/customizations available for Tekken 7 thus far?

Just saw this picture and it's got me hovering over the pre-order button.
tk7_img_item_10.jpg

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Aside from the official site (tekken.net?) avoidingthepuddle.com does a pretty decent job keeping track.

At this point I think every character has at least one set of items that can be seen as an alternate costume.

I like Josie's a lot. The Biker outfit and the Totally Spiez jumpsuit, lol.

sasuke_91

Haha. That's not the advice I'd give a newcomer, but whatever :p

He's been asked a lot about crossplay lately. Seems pretty annoyed by that question and made clear that the PC version will not be split and will only get crossplay if all 3 platforms are supported (which is a pity honestly... I was hoping for PC/PS4).

Btw where's GrayFox? Haven't seen him around these past few days.

Weren't they quiet about it before? unless I miss confirmation before this. Could have saved himself the annoyance by saying not sure it's possible.

6398c934484f927d78318e635aa37336.png

Atleast you don't have to learn matchups much
Sticking to your character and building your base will get you results
A few people have told me that Tekken is like KoF in the sense that understanding the overall systems matters more than understanding the nuances of the matchup.

Also Harada getting pissed at people constantly bitching about the lack of crossplay reminds me, will the netcode be rollback or delay?

Numb

A few people have told me that Tekken is like KoF in the sense that understanding the overall systems matters more than understanding the nuances of the matchup.

Also Harada getting pissed at people constantly bitching about the lack of crossplay reminds me, will the netcode be rollback or delay?
Indeed system learning is very important. No SIM V Guef match ups anywhere
And the game being in arcade for so long gets balanced (want OP Akumer back tho)

Lack of cross play is too much of a downer but what can you do

Doomshine

It's been delay so far and probably still is. I know some people think that is the devil, but Tag 2 feels great on a good connection.

joeblow

What I would love to know is if they will do anything significant to deal with lag cheaters and rage quitters.

The clowns in the first group are what annoy me the most when they intentionally create lag spikes once they see they are playing a better opponent.

Huh, is that so? I don't think I've ever seen a rollback happen.

Seems to be tweaked to be as non-intrusive as possible and to avoid the glaringly obvious teleports/jitter some other implementations have. At most you'll see the first few frames of a hitspark turning into a block or moves skipping a few of their startup frames.

Thanks. So Twitter being twitter then lol.

I mean I don't get how it was a big expectation but people love setting themselves up I guess.

That's pretty much all it is. It's been a trend with this game, people expecting XYZ when there was nothing implicitly or explicitly saying so and people getting gravely disappointed or dejected in the process.

Shame about the lack of crossplay, I wasn't really expecting it but was holding on to a little hope that we might at least get PS4/PC crossplay given SFV had it.

It don't really matter if there is crossplay or not if all ps4 players think PC is full of cheaters because of some assholes that may cheat and turn it off so its whatever.

Tbh there are probably less cheaters than people think. Not saying they don't exist. They're just negligible and not worth concern most of the time.

Tbh there are probably less cheaters than people think. Not saying they don't exist. They're just negligible and not worth concern most of the time.

The problem is some console gamers can't get informed and come to that conclusion on their own. It's weird how they can go on and on about cheating on PC when it's a thing on console as well but that is hardly talked about as much.

It's whatever though I just find it funny. I'll be playing on both PC and console and my enjoyment will remain the same.

I used to think Tekken was supposed to be serious. Then I saw Dragunov with a working showerhead on top of his head with the colour of the water being yellow.

Damn, this game looks so much fun. Why is it releasing so close to I2 :(

Numb

Robots, ninjas, cyborgs , bears, kangaroos, dinosaurs , samurai,Wooden guy etc etc
That's even before the customs

Showers are one thing

KOosIoW.gif

Akuma too late to regret coming into Tekken

Sayah

Robots, ninjas, cyborgs , bears, kangaroos, dinosaurs , samurai,Wooden guy etc etc
That's even before the customs

Showers are one thing

KOosIoW.gif

Akuma too late to regret coming into Tekken

Ugh. I still read this thread sometimes and I prefer not to see this sort of hideousness polluting my eyes.

Please someone create a realistic 3D fighter with interesting characters, deep gameplay, and good aesthetics. Not with the boring UFC personalities. Not with DoAs excessive fan service. And definitely not with SC, VF, and Tekkens repulsive customs.

Numb

Having nothing to do but watch asian YT vids that have the dumbest customs..
Don't be shocked it's not something you haven't seen before

I want to restate my question with the below gif

If your answer is still yes, then maybe a better question would be "Why? God why?"

Because people's personal design choices don't bother me and there's room enough for both parties to customize their characters as silly or as "normal" as possible.

Numb

Because people's personal design choices don't bother me and there's room enough for both parties to customize their characters as silly or as "normal" as possible.

Indeed
Soul Calibur has it even worse with the customs but as long as you don't meet crazy people
I think only my lili and Jinpachi got customs and normal ones too

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

I just feel like Tekken 6 had a better balance of more clothes and regular accessories to wacky outlandish stuff, and it feels like the reverse with Tag 2 and Tekken 7. I'm all right with a bit of bizarre stuff, but it should be treated like a spice, not the meat.

I just feel like Tekken 6 had a better balance of more clothes and regular accessories to wacky outlandish stuff, and it feels like the reverse with Tag 2 and Tekken 7. I'm all right with a bit of bizarre stuff, but it should be treated like a spice, not the meat.

T6 has the best customization period so we're in agreement there. TTT2 and T7 just don't bother me at all in the direction their customs are going. Especially T7.

The thing that bothers me with all these new customisation options are the potential adverse effects on the clarity of the game. Obviously I'm yet to play Tekken 7 so can't really say with any certainty, but based on the videos I have seen, it's quite tricky to see exactly what's going on when both characters has been heavily customised.

The thing that bothers me with all these new customisation options are the potential adverse effects on the clarity of the game. Obviously I'm yet to play Tekken 7 so can't really say with any certainty, but based on the videos I have seen, it's quite tricky to see exactly what's going on when both characters has been heavily customised.

That's partially why Asia's customs look as dumb as possible. Distraction advantage.

I'm not gonna trip about T7 customs when Namco actually has made a real effort to give each character alternate and original costume options. Not their fault the only people allowed to play the game the past few years primarily prefer goofy shit.

Top Bottom