• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

cordy

Banned
C6e8ck9VYAIKt6x.jpg

C6e_irbUoAA_taD.jpg
-

Doomshine

Hey GrayFox, I've been away from the thread and I didn't know how bad it's been for you lately. The way you deal with your situation is always inspiring and I hope you're getting the help you need.

Who else in the cast has an auto low launch punisher?

Lei :)

Coda

I ended up pre-ordeing Tekken 7 on PS4 because I'm guessing the most player base will be there. Really hoping for some PS4 Pro support for the game, would be silly IMO if they don't support it with Tekken 7.

Coda

Best choice seeing lack of PC cross play

Agreed, I was thinking the game might look better on my PC but I still can't push it to 4K on my PC so if it gets PS4 Pro support I feel like it will overall run and look better on my Vizio 4K (which still has a good low latency response time) TV opposed to my 1080p monitor on PC.

Numb

Running out of reasons to buy the PC ver besides lower price point
Cheap enough compared(here) that ill get it on PC eventually
But thinking about how PC players will drop off makes me hesitate
Earlier seems better
Agreed, I was thinking the game might look better on my PC but I still can't push it to 4K on my PC so if it gets PS4 Pro support I feel like it will overall run and look better on my Vizio 4K (which still has a good low latency response time) TV opposed to my 1080p monitor on PC.
4k monitor But doubt it'll be smooth
Pro seems better

Gambit61

Hey GrayFox, I've been away from the thread and I didn't know how bad it's been for you lately. The way you deal with your situation is always inspiring and I hope you're getting the help you need.

Lei :)

Haha, thought I was crazy thinking Lei had one too. He gets a low autolauncher in Crane stance (crane 3). I use the Crane 3 by itself so much I rarely see it autolaunch.

I think I'll still get the PC version. I'll do story mode at max settings once and then use it to jump into training to test random stuff or lobbies if anyone else still plays it.

Van_Waack

Neo Member
Sayah said:
She plays completely differently from Nina. She stopped being a clone since Tekken 5. It's like saying Eddy shouldn't be in the game because Chloe stole some his moves.

Nina's got WS1 and SS1 tools and Anna's Chaos Judgment transitions alone make her a completely different/unique character.

^
This !

Spuck-uk said:
30 different moves out of 100+ does still make Anna 70% similar to Nina..

I'm kinda tired of that kind of statement, so here I put everything Anna has that Nina doesn't as of TTT2. I'm sure the same kind of list can be done for Nina.

f+2,3
f+3~b
f+3,2
f+4
f+2+3

df+1,2,3
df+1,2,3~b
df+1,2,4
df+2
df+3,1~b
df+3,1,4,2,3
df+3,1,4,2,4
df+3,1,4,2,1+2
df+3,1,4,2,uf+3
df+3,1,4,2~ss
df+3,2,1,4
df+3,2,3
df+3,3,3,1
df+4
df+1+2
d+2
d+1+2
db+1,1
db+1,4
db+3
db+4,3
db+4,4

db+3+4,3
b+1,2,2
b+4
uf+1,3,3+4
uf+3
UF+4
uf+3+4
f,f+2
f,f+3,4,3
f,f+3,4,3~b

f,f+3,4,3:1+2
f,f+4~b
f,f+1+2
qcf+1
qcf+2,1
qcf+3,2
qcf+4
qcf+3,3,1
qcf+3,3,4
ws2
ws3
ws3~b

fc,f+1
fc,f+2
fc,df+2
fc,uf+4
fc,UF+4
ss2
ss3
ss1+2
b+3
->1
->2,1

->3
->4
->1+2
->d+3,3
->uf+4
->f,f+3
->f,f+4
->DF

qcf+1+2, 1,3,2,1, 2,3,1+2,3+4,1+2
qcf+1+2, 1+3,4,1+2, 4,3,4,3+4,1+2
qcf+1+2, 1+3,4,1+2, 1+2,4,3,1+2,1+2,1+2

I didn't put b+2,2 , f+1+2 and f,f+4 but they are actually different moves, with different animations and different properties.

Also, I'm sure having Anna in the game doesn't mean you can't have Julia and Lei.

AllenShrz

Cheap enough compared(here) that ill get it on PC eventually
But thinking about how PC players will drop off makes me hesitate
Earlier seems better

4k monitor But doubt it'll be smooth
Pro seems better

What makes you say that?

4k in pc is smooth as long your PC can candle it.

I play on pc on 4K and is smooth.

Sayah

^
This !

I'm kinda tired of that kind of statement, so here I put everything Anna has that Nina doesn't as of TTT2. I'm sure the same kind of list can be done for Nina.

f+2,3
f+3~b
f+3,2
f+4
f+2+3

df+1,2,3
df+1,2,3~b
df+1,2,4
df+2
df+3,1~b
df+3,1,4,2,3
df+3,1,4,2,4
df+3,1,4,2,1+2
df+3,1,4,2,uf+3
df+3,1,4,2~ss
df+3,2,1,4
df+3,2,3
df+3,3,3,1
df+4
df+1+2
d+2
d+1+2
db+1,1
db+1,4
db+3
db+4,3
db+4,4

db+3+4,3
b+1,2,2
b+4
uf+1,3,3+4
uf+3
UF+4
uf+3+4
f,f+2
f,f+3,4,3
f,f+3,4,3~b

f,f+4~b
f,f+1+2
qcf+1
qcf+2,1
qcf+3,2
qcf+4
qcf+3,3,1
qcf+3,3,4
ws2
ws3
ws3~b

fc,f+1
fc,f+2
fc,df+2
fc,uf+4
fc,UF+4
ss2
ss3
ss1+2
b+3
->1
->2,1

->3
->4
->1+2
->d+3,3
->uf+4
->f,f+3
->f,f+4
->DF

I didn't put b+2,2 , f+1+2 and f,f+4 but they are actually different moves, with different animations and different properties.

Also, I'm sure having Anna in the game doesn't mean you can't have Julia and Lei.

LOL Spuck-uk getting PWND with the receipts

I bet Armor King also still has 70% of the same moves that King has. /s These people still living in the Tag 1 days. smh

GrayFoxPL

Hey man, it's been too long. Hope you're doing ok. My old PS3 can't handle Tag2 anymore, it just dies mid match, any other game works, so if you wanna fire up old T6. I'm in. It's not bad on modern connections.

@Grayfox - just read through your post and really hope you feel better soon. Stay strong!!

Thanks I will. You too. I just need some rest like Volcano Kaz.

I was correcting gross misinformation, not defending a video game character. You just happen to get butthurt with anything I post lol.

Butthurt isn't the word in this instance, just thought the fact that anyone saying pwnd this day in age is hilarious. Especially when it concerns a character who's still mightly similar to her clone not unlike how the Mishimas are similar..... but then again I'm talking to the same person who thinks that characters don't work under the same framework so it stands to reason you also think that Anna is so different.

Spuck-uk

Banned
^
This !

f+2,3
f+3~b
f+3,2
f+4
f+2+3

df+1,2,3
df+1,2,3~b
df+1,2,4
df+2
df+3,1~b
df+3,1,4,2,3
df+3,1,4,2,4
df+3,1,4,2,1+2
df+3,1,4,2,uf+3
df+3,1,4,2~ss
df+3,2,1,4
df+3,2,3
df+3,3,3,1
df+4
df+1+2
d+2
d+1+2
db+1,1
db+1,4
db+3
db+4,3
db+4,4

db+3+4,3
b+1,2,2
b+4
uf+1,3,3+4
uf+3
UF+4
uf+3+4
f,f+2
f,f+3,4,3
f,f+3,4,3~b

f,f+4~b
f,f+1+2
qcf+1
qcf+2,1
qcf+3,2
qcf+4
qcf+3,3,1
qcf+3,3,4
ws2
ws3
ws3~b

fc,f+1
fc,f+2
fc,df+2
fc,uf+4
fc,UF+4
ss2
ss3
ss1+2
b+3
->1
->2,1

->3
->4
->1+2
->d+3,3
->uf+4
->f,f+3
->f,f+4
->DF

Okay, I'll hold my hands up to having been ignorant here, didn't realise there were that many differences in the moveset. My B, and thanks for taking the time for analysis.

I mean, I still don't like her character design but hey, that's a taste thing.

Sayah

Don't be a dickhead on what's a normally informative thread, ta.

It's hard not to be when you're confidently asserting facts and figures that are completely false.

Also, it was getting boring reading this mundane thread so I'm glad we had this little spar.
Butthurt isn't the word in this instance, just thought the fact that anyone saying pwnd this day in age is hilarious. Especially when it concerns a character who's still mightly similar to her clone not unlike how the Mishimas are similar..... but then again I'm talking to the same person who thinks that characters don't work under the same framework so it stands to reason you also think that Anna is so different.

Wtf - now I don't even know what you're going on about. It's time to stop posting.

Dereck

It's hard not to be when you're confidently asserting facts and figures that are completely false.

Also, it was getting boring reading this mundane thread so I'm glad we had this little spar.
What makes you stick around here? Just curious.

Doomshine

My old PS3 can't handle Tag2 anymore, it just dies mid match, any other game works, so if you wanna fire up old T6. I'm in. It's not bad on modern connections.

I swore I would never touch Tekken 6 online again, but I'll make an exception for you :p

Final Round stream is live... when was the last time the official Tekken channel stream didn't have lag issues? I genuinely can't recall.

Sayah

Take your own advice if you're just here to badly troll.

Haha, you're the one spewing misinformation and yet I'm the one "trolling" you for correcting your falsehoods.

Yeahokay.gif

What makes you stick around here? Just curious.

If my posting history will tell you anything, I only visited this forum for Tekken but now that I've sort of lost my passion for Tekken as well, I just skim through the thread sometimes to stay updated with the people posting here. The thread was getting boring with only generic Tekken talk and with people like grayfox, AAK, ZTS, and death among others no longer posting here. I might trail off eventually as well I suppose.

sasuke_91

Haha, you're the one spewing misinformation and yet I'm the one "trolling" you for correcting your falsehoods.

Yeahokay.gif

It wasn't you correcting him, it was Van_Waack. The only thing you did was being sensitive because someone mentioned Anna.
Spuck-uk even apologized.

Look, Sayah. I like you, but sometimes it's just better to be quiet.

Sayah

It wasn't you correcting him, it was Van_Waack. The only thing you did was being sensitive because someone mentioned Anna.
Spuck-uk even apologized.

Look, Sayah. I like you, but sometimes it's just better to be quiet.

Reading comp

Anna shares like 5-10% of her moveset with Nina. And even some of their moves that are similar have different animations/properties (like blonde bomb).

She plays completely differently from Nina. She stopped being a clone since Tekken 5. It's like saying Eddy shouldn't be in the game because Chloe stole some his moves.

Nina's got WS1 and SS1 tools and Anna's Chaos Judgment transitions alone make her a completely different/unique character. Who else in the cast has an auto low launch punisher?

sasuke_91

Reading comp
Van_Waack did a better job at giving evidence for your first post. It was also that post that convinced Spuck-uk.
Your second post was better, so I apologize.

I don't actually care about who is right or wrong though, it's the way of discussing things that bothers me. This thread was free from that stupid shit and it's the reason I mostly posted in this thread for 3 years, avoiding other parts of the forum. I'll leave it at that.

Sayah

Van_Waack did a better job at giving evidence for your first post. It was also that post that convinced Spuck-uk.
Your second post was better, so I apologize.

I don't actually care about who is right or wrong though, it's the way of discussing things that bothers me. This thread was free from that stupid shit and it's the reason I mostly posted in this thread for 3 years, avoiding other parts of the forum. I'll leave it at that.

Well, yeah. He posted and analyzed the whole move list but someone shouldn't have to go through that level of effort to try to discredit donald trump levels of exaggeration and fake information.

I'll apologize for stirring up drama if that stuff is irritating to you but my mischievous self kind of enjoyed it. >_>

If you want to read some really "everyone holding hands while the world is spinning round" stuff (and also see some of my atrocious photo editing), go read the old Tekken 6 OT. There's probably a reason that thread never made it past 5,000 posts in two years. lol.

Pfff, I think this Sayah guy needs to prove in Tekken 7 that Nina is not like Anna... ;)

I've decided to buy it used so I'll look forward to playing against you and your significant other's Lili.

2 years of anticipation is a long time and I may as well see it through to the end. It's a good thing this is the last game in the saga because I don't see myself getting as passionate or hyped for another Tekken reveal. There's no way I would bother getting myself excited for a new Tekken until they confirm a reasonable time frame for a console release.

Village

Weird question

Anyone know what song that is in eddy's t7 trailer, or am I going to have to wait for the console versions ost to come out?

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
I've been listening to the OST regularly and that song is definitely new. Probably for one of the new stages. It's quite an ear-worm, isn't it? I find myself watching the trailer again just to hear it.

Village

The end part when it slows down is ace

I want to sample the shit out of that

Speaking of ost's the remixes for TTT2 were pretty dope

sasuke_91

I'll apologize for stirring up drama if that stuff is irritating to you but my mischievous self kind of enjoyed it. >_>

If you want to read some really "everyone holding hands while the world is spinning round" stuff (and also see some of my atrocious photo editing), go read the old Tekken 6 OT. There's probably a reason that thread never made it past 5,000 posts in two years. lol.

I don't need a thread where "everyone holds hands while the world is spinning round", it's just the fact that you've been inactive for so long and start stirring up drama right after posting again that bothers me.

Yes, this thread misses people like AAK and death and ZTS and maybe this thread has gotten a bit mundane lately, but it's been almost 4.5 years of playing the same game and 2.5 years of waiting for the next one. People will hopefully come back when T7 drops in June.

Top Bottom