• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Doomshine

FsLa4B8.png

bc5385_b0c39c942a614ba88dc56bf37f7e5144~mv2.png

Ahh. Markman pays off once again. Even if it's only in-chat.

On that subject:

Last I heard, the Tekken guys were insistent on bringing their own 4G instead of using the wired venue connection like the rest of us.

We're just as confused as you are.

If this is true, why? They're the only stream with issues :s

I hope they use the venue internet today at least, frame drops in top 8 is not a good look.

Doomshine

and for whatever reason Aris is no longer allowed to restream top 8, but he is still allowed to do it for SFV lol

Sounds like Tekken is going to be on earlier than expected though, after Marvel.

sasuke_91

Good games, Sayah. Patience and spacing you out definitely helps against your Williams team, but I'm still far from confident against you. Delaying attacks also doesn't help against you because you always launch me when the situation allows it.
I have to get out of auto-pilot sometimes. You mostly used 1 throws and used the same string variations, yet I had a hard time xD

On that subject:

If this is true, why? They're the only stream with issues :s

I hope they use the venue internet today at least, frame drops in top 8 is not a good look.

If true, that's really stupid. We don't know the whole story, but it sounds like a dumb decision.

Sayah

Good games, Sayah. Patience and spacing you out definitely helps against your Williams team, but I'm still far from confident against you. Delaying attacks also doesn't help against you because you always launch me when the situation allows it.
I have to get out of auto-pilot sometimes. You mostly used 1 throws and used the same string variations, yet I had a hard time xD

Good games!

Your spacing/side stepping game is way better than mines. You seem to have made great improvements since the last time I played against you. I'm also glad our connection was pretty solid most of the time.

GrayFoxPL

So JDCR got fucked up in 2 matches vs Jack but steamrolled everyone in the rest of them.

Same old.

Good Jack Joe, nice to watch.

Spero Gin still has no idea how to fight Ling.

Nuszka

Well I never expected to get a Switch for my bday , at least something to keep me busy till T7 release. We have a wonderful start of the year and that delay isn't as bad as I initially thought.

GrayFoxPL

Good games, Grayfox! That was a great set.

Your Paul is so strong. Kazuya too.

Those matterhorns though. Heh heh.

Good games! Damn those matterhorns and sweeps, lol. Very nice Lili, you never dropped a combo. Alisa looks stronger in this, damn her too, lol. My pad is broken and new one is total pain in the ass to play. I need to figure something out until T7 releases.

wuffyw.png

Pretty much exactly what I thought happened. Playing too scary and not compact. Then JDCR straight up counter picked him and Joey.

"Overestimated" lol. He was so free it was hard to tell if JDCR was in a match or in training mode. Speedkicks still a kid who can't admit when he is bested.

sasuke_91

Good games!

Your spacing/side stepping game is way better than mines. You seem to have made great improvements since the last time I played against you. I'm also glad our connection was pretty solid most of the time.

Thanks. I'm doing my best. And yeah, our connection was pretty consistent. Mostly 4 bars, which is quite impressive!

"Overestimated" lol. He was so free it was hard to tell if JDCR was in a match or in training mode. Speedkicks still a kid who can't admit when he is bested.

I think he meant that he was too scared and gave his opponent too much respect. At least I hope he meant it like that. Haven't watched the matches yet. Only watched a bit of FR.

Played some ranked today. Kept losing and also got beaten to a pulp by TMM on stream. Went on to get demoted down to Fighter and made it back to Warrior in one go.
Yeah... great day.

GrayFoxPL

I think he meant that he was too scared and gave his opponent too much respect. At least I hope he meant it like that. Haven't watched the matches yet. Only watched a bit of FR.

But it means he expected more from JDCR.

It reminds me of Gootecks in Excellent Adventures, every time he gets outplayed and loses he says he overestimated opponent, he cries he expected his rival to play smarter so he lost.

Disrespectful excuse.

Sayah

I caught the results and America did pretty well considering the competition from Asia literally has two more years of experience playing the game.

Thanks. I'm doing my best. And yeah, our connection was pretty consistent. Mostly 4 bars, which is quite impressive!

On my end, having FIOS really helps.

Joey beating JDCR with Jack after Anakin said no Jack in the world could ever do it LOL
I've played against JDCR's Dargunov, shit is straight oppressive.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
In regards to the event/stream, there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes and unfortunately you don't get to see it all. I'll just leave it at that.

We hope we can deliver a good experience at future events (which there are a lot of).

FsLa4B8.png

bc5385_b0c39c942a614ba88dc56bf37f7e5144~mv2.png

Ahh. Markman pays off once again. Even if it's only in-chat.

I had fun chatting during the stream :D

And here I am paying almost 50€ for the PS4 version, thinking I made a decent deal...

I'm paying slightly over 50 too =/ Eh, whatever. As long as i get it day one and it's not 65 euro like the gamemania is asking i don't feel too bad.

Also got a ticket for Facts. So i'll be playing a bit of T7 in three weeks~ \o/

LowParry

So any recommendations for new character use?

My main is Ling though I've dabbled with many other characters (Paul, Jin, Kaz, Hwoar, just to name a few). Just not enough to be good with them as I am with Ling.

So what are good characters that compliment along side Ling??

But it means he expected more from JDCR.

It reminds me of Gootecks in Excellent Adventures, every time he gets outplayed and loses he says he overestimated opponent, he cries he expected his rival to play smarter so he lost.

Disrespectful excuse.

Tbh I think its just something everyone does. There's always people you think you could beatand boom there goes the excuses. Its irritating and eye-roll worthy seeing and hearing it but often don't realize how many times we do it ourselves.

GrayFoxPL

Tbh I think its just something everyone does. There's always people you think you could beatand boom there goes the excuses. Its irritating and eye-roll worthy seeing and hearing it but often don't realize how many times we do it ourselves.

I always try to respect opponents and praise their individual skills.(Unless someone is primitive shit talker racist motherfucker. Fuck them then.) Of course I get irritated when I lose badly to some simple stuff, but I'm mad at myself that I was stupid enough to fall for it.
*Shrug.

My main is Ling though I've dabbled with many other characters (Paul, Jin, Kaz, Hwoar, just to name a few). Just not enough to be good with them as I am with Ling.

Get Jack Siben. Everyone else seems to.

Sj9A0jr.gif

Depends what you expect from second character. I say go full story mode and pick Jin.

OGnigDE.gif

sasuke_91

Also got a ticket for Facts. So i'll be playing a bit of T7 in three weeks~ o/

Nice! I'd have a few chances to play the game myself if exams weren't in my way :/

Jin is a good choice. He's a very basic character at entry level and becomes harder and harder at higher levels.
Another really good character would be Leo. Easy to learn and extremely good in T7.

I always try to respect opponents and praise their individual skills.(Unless someone is primitive shit talker racist motherfucker. Fuck them then.) Of course I get irritated when I lose badly to some simple stuff, but I'm mad at myself that I was stupid enough to fall for it.
*Shrug.

I think it's harder to retain that mindset in a tournament environment when thousands of people are watching you and you want to meet their expectations.
I already start making excuses when I lose a ranked battle xD

Get Jack Siben. Everyone else seems to.

"Sieben" ;)

Nuszka

Well Jack and Bruce were my mains in tag2 , but this high usage of J7 during FR has me made thinking about dropping him for T7. It's a weird excuse I know , but if my chcaracter gets used to much I just loose interest of playing with him. Will see though.

Spuck-uk

Banned

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/edit

Missing the latest few characters, but he's working on it, fergus guide was made exactly for folks like you :)

Spuck-uk

Banned
Ahh the ol "If I win, it's cause I'm good and if I lost it's because my character is shit" OS.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Low Tier life is a hard one.

I mean, not really in Tekken, the low tiers are still good.

Lili players will of course complain and insist their character is the worst in the game, but then they're weird.

Nuszka

My plan is to play the game for 24h straight when my digital copy unlocks , I'll probably will turn in to a wildling afterwards.

I'm ready to get absolutely bodied for like a million matches straight online.

But it'll be worth it for that one match that I win after those million matches.

Numb

I'm ready to get absolutely bodied for like a million matches straight online.

But it'll be worth it for that one match that I win after those million matches.

That's the spirit!
My plan is to play the game for 24h straight when my digital copy unlocks , I'll probably will turn in to a wildling afterwards.
Jun 2nd is a friday
Gon put to shame the time i put in that weekend of Zelda with how much i put into Tekken

Top Bottom