• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Pachimari

SF5 had frakking nothing content-wise at launch, and you're happy they add a lot later? Okay.

So i guess Namco should scratch off over half the cast and release them piecemeal over the coming three years, would that make you happy?

And they should scratch all the customization and story mode too, perhaps sell it to you later.

Come on man. SF5 launched with nothing but gaping holes content-wise and they're now slowly adding things, and you call it a good model?
Of course I am happy they have added content after the release. Who wouldn't be. Anything else is bullshit. Imagine they had just left it be like it was at launch with no support. And yes, their roadmap has been great after launch.

And in no way did I say Namco should scratch content. They should fucking add content like customizations, costumes, characters and stages afterward.

Look at the game as a service. It should be that.

I'd rather the launch product is good than that tons of stuff is missing and i have to pay for it later.

Also, I'm not happy they're asking us to buy a season pass without knowing which characters are in it. I know that's industry standard nowadays but still.

I'd rather the launch product is good than that tons of stuff is missing and i have to pay for it later.

Also, I'm not happy they're asking us to buy a season pass without knowing which characters are in it. I know that's industry standard nowadays but still.

You can always buy the season pass later.

To add to that, you act like there hasn't been complete fgs games that haven't done the model successfully. Mortal Kombat.....DOA.....KI.,

Pachimari

But you guys keep talking about unfinished products and dlc. Tekken 7 can totally be complete and still offer a season roadmap. Exactly, and DOA is a hell of an example.

You can always buy the season pass later.

To add to that, you act like there hasn't been complete fgs games that haven't done the model successfully. Mortal Kombat.....DOA.....KI.,

I actually don't like those models much. KI was veeeery limited at launch, DoA had multiple versions -and- tons of DLC (and the DLC didn't even all transfer from one version to the next), and MK just has too much DLC imo.

Cool if you're happy with those models though. They must be doing something right.

I like T7s model better actually, i just kinda don't think the season pass sounds like it's worth 25 euro right now. And i -want- to give Namco/Tekken my support and chuck them some extra money at launch, but i don't feel like doing it sight unseen.

Numb

Please be characters from fighting or combat games and not your dumb Idolmaster shit or Pacman.

Kiryu would own everything.

I smell disappointment. Some anime loli and pokemon. God please no.
Lars was in Naruto
We will get a Naruto character

Numb

Geese Howard and Kazuma Kiryu would be my dream.

Geese is very likely, but Kazuma.. not happening.
ClRlcWBXEAAG_fQ.jpg

Pachimari

v8T29Qp.gif

How is that even possible?

And he's originally from Fatal Fury.
Well, I have always primarily been a Tekken player since Tekken 2. And then I've casually bought some Dead or Alive titles and Virtua Fighter games. My first Street Fighter was Street Fighter V (wait, I did play Alpha 3 on PSP). But I did play the old Mortal Kombat 2D games as a kid. Were never exposed to King of Fighters but have since bought a few of them on Steam. I never liked KOF's style.

GrayFoxPL

Well, I have always primarily been a Tekken player since Tekken 2. And then I've casually bought some Dead or Alive titles and Virtua Fighter games. My first Street Fighter was Street Fighter V (wait, I did play Alpha 3 on PSP). But I did play the old Mortal Kombat 2D games as a kid. Were never exposed to King of Fighters but have since bought a few of them on Steam. I never liked KOF's style.

FATAL FURY!

Dayum. Who is she, and what game is she from?

Venessa from KOF.

Nuszka

Happy that the game is gatting any type of post release stuff , with all the content it will have when it releases at least it's one of the things we won't have to listen from complainers.
On the Geese rumours ... man if that happened... let's not get over excited ... keep it in your pants Nuszka ...

Gambit61

Geese and Kiryu are my favorite picks. They can even have Kiryu use different stances like in Y0, maybe even the Drunken stance if Lei isn't returning.

Village

v8T29Qp.gif

How is that even possible?

Kof and art of fighting are fighting games large swaths of people don't know about in some sections of the world because they were never big.

And geese is only a cool guy in certain circles,I know people who know who geese is, and don' like him because he's some generic looking white dude in a hakama. Vs Say the mishimia who's two members turn into fucking satan.

So , its very possible for someone to not know and not like geese.

I'm not even that big of a fan of geese, I like rock more

I mean with all of the costumes, colors, story mode and such. And 6 characters, and 6 new characters for Season 2. That is good DLC planning. If all we get is what is in this Season Pass, then that is poor. Maybe Namco too should come up with a Season roadmap, it works so well for other games like Street Fighter, Rocket League, Overwatch etc.

You understand SFV comes with 16 characters right? Add the 12 dlc characters which coats you $60 & you almost have as many as you get with T7 just buying the base game. And all those character wont be out yet either by the time T7 drops.

Edit: Wrong topic,

But for this one, I was gonna say you can quote me on this:

At least one of the guest characters is going to be for SC and used to announce SC6.

Geese is a cool char but i'd imagine online play would be asuka-esque counter spam with jump back fireball and that sounds terrible.

There's so many really dangerous things you can't reverse though. And if it's like KoF and he has to pick between high, mid or low.. Oof, seems like something only useful for the hardest of reads.

Top Bottom