• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They also said that the way the game works is modeled after arcades. I guess this is why Aris is having so much fun with it.

I don't think modeling it after arcade with always-on was such a smart idea. It kinda hinders learning to play the game and having fun in your own way.

If there was an offline arcade where credits weren't earned or something and a training mode, I think I'd kinda prefer that over the hit and miss Namco servers.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What is:

g
g
g
g

Supposed to mean? Dude got pissed with sexist dude and was all "F U" in text chat.

what do the numbers stand for?

What numbers? Are you talking about the RPG like stats? Yo just go into character enhancement to upgrade your characters. The game should have shown you what they mean. Power is for doing more damage, endurance increases your health, and vigor increases your chance for critical hits.

You know, I don't think I've seen a single Jack player yet. I know he's not really the most popular character to play as but I've seen at least one of everyone else so far. It seems poor Jack has been left out in the cold :(

I need me some actual BnB juggles with Lili. I've only got d/f+2 or hopkick 1,2 1+2 which does shit all for damage.

Off or d/f+2 or a hopkick I just do 1,2 1 d/f+1 3,2,3. It's not great but I'm not sure what else could be done off if those. The most damaging juggles come off the sweep and d+3+4 but obviously those are moves you don't want to use too often.

I hope that notation looks alright. I don't even remember the last time I wrote with Tekkens notation.

kick51

Banned
I need me some actual BnB juggles with Lili. I've only got d/f+2 or hopkick 1,2 1+2 which does shit all for damage.

after 1,2,1,2, you can get a couple different things.

easiest - 1+2 special

or you can get one of her 3 hit strings after-- 3,2,3 or d+2, 2, 4

those might not be optimized B+B in terms of damage output, but better than just 1,2,1,2

Clunker

I am a complete Tekken novice, but I checked this out today and found it serviceably enjoyable (at least from the perspective of a guy whose last exposure was Tekken Tag 1 in college). Just one question: is Xiaoyu in this? Or anyone who plays close to her? I noticed some same moves with Asuka in my poking around today.

after 1,2,1,2, you can get a couple different things.

easiest - 1+2 special

or you can get one of her 3 hit strings after-- 3,2,3 or d+2, 2, 4

those might not be optimized B+B in terms of damage output, but better than just 1,2,1,2

I don't think 1,2 1,2 1+2 actually works in this game despite it working (IIRC) in Tag 2? Will try the other stuff after my tickets refill.

So how does this invincible and critical move stuff work?

Critical moves have a chance of dealing extra damage to your opponent. Invincible moves are just that, invincible. They allow to pass through your opponents attacks and hit them. You can think of the invincible moves as a sort of slower shoryuken type move, which is what I personally believe them to be a test of.

kick51

Banned
I don't think 1,2 1,2 1+2 actually works in this game despite it working (IIRC) in Tag 2? Will try the other stuff after my tickets refill.

Yeah, it works, doesn't do as much damage as the others though.

the other strings might require some different timing depending on the characters.

I am a complete Tekken novice, but I checked this out today and found it serviceably enjoyable (at least from the perspective of a guy whose last exposure was Tekken Tag 1 in college). Just one question: is Xiaoyu in this? Or anyone who plays close to her? I noticed some same moves with Asuka in my poking around today.

Xiaoyu and Asuka play nothing alike, to be honest. Asuka is incredibly fun to use, though. (they're my mains in TTT2) I'm just waiting to be able to unlock Xiaoyu because she's been my main since T3.

Also, I had an odd glitch earlier playing against another Asuka where at some point during a round the lag kicked in and then suddenly our colors flipped around and threw me off completely. The life bars were right but the colors absolutely were not.

LowParry

Two completely different characters that are nothing alike. However Asuka is much easier to pick up on though I haven't seen if Xiaoyu is playable yet. I don't think she'd be that effective with this version either with her poke pressure.

HeelPower

This game man.

OH I'M AT MINUS? WELL FUCK YOU INVULNERABLE MOVE

invincible moves are way better than T6~TTT2 crush system....At least its very consistent when you want to use it and once you predict it, its massively punishable...Also none of them is a launcher as far as I know.

Crush moves sometimes are safe launchers, are inconsistent and just overall terrible.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I like Kazuya's b + (1+2). He looks like a Saiyan doing it though. I totally forgot they got rid of his standing roundhouse (4).

K.Sabot

What are you talking about? The invincible moves can't be used to make something safe. If someone's able to use one before you hit them your punish was just too slow.

I'm talking non punishable minus frames, like -5 or something.

Also, I just want to unlock Leo. Are the unlocks random?

I'm talking non punishable minus frames, like -5 or something.

Also, I just want to unlock Leo. Are the unlocks random?

Oh ok that makes sense then. It's just a side effect of how poorly thought out the invincible moves are. Also, I'm pretty sure the unlocks are random. I unlocked Alisa first and then Leo yesterday.

I feel like they should have had an option to buy the game for like $15 that would remove all the restrictions and maybe add some offline multiplayer. It's a little light on content, and they really should add a training mode, but I probably would buy it. I've bought much stupider things for $15 before.

The mechanics are a little silly but as I said before I'm still having a lot of fun with it. It's a decent enough game to kick back with when you don't feel like being serious. Also it would be great to be able to make a room for me and my friends that we wouldn't have to leave after a few matches.

He praised me? Last time I was played him on stream I was on the receiving end of his verbal artillery LOL :p

Here's your badge:

Scan-One-of-Those.jpg

damn... got some rage sent my way after my Jack kept knocking a law away. He kept falling for the same stuff and I got hate mail... all I did was write back and said "practice"

kick51

Banned
Ummm....so i bought 4 coins tonight. It was only a dollar. The good thing is, you still get premium tix when you win on the coins.
shoot me

I'm having a ton of fun with this. I think it needs a training mode and faster character unlocks perhaps, but other than that, I see what they went for in this type of F2P set up and I like it. It's also good to be playing without bound again.

Had my first dropper, just counts it as a win and gives you a prem ticket

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Player Matches are done so wrong. Spend tickets and wait what feels like hours to get into another round because the default lobby size is 6. And with the way the custom match filter works you only get one or two pages max despite there being more lobbies than that to where you can hardly find 2 player match rooms and if you're hosting you gotta wait a good 2-10 mins before someone comes in.

Player Matches should really be free to play but I can understand why it isn't since everyone would just play that instead of "testing their luck" in rank.
Free to play player match mode but with no rewards earned would be a fair compromise there.

Pachimari

I feel like they should have had an option to buy the game for like $15 that would remove all the restrictions and maybe add some offline multiplayer. It's a little light on content, and they really should add a training mode, but I probably would buy it. I've bought much stupider things for $15 before.

The mechanics are a little silly but as I said before I'm still having a lot of fun with it. It's a decent enough game to kick back with when you don't feel like being serious. Also it would be great to be able to make a room for me and my friends that we wouldn't have to leave after a few matches.
You can create a room but yeah , wish it didn't use tickets when it were with friends.

Anyway I love the art style, the new faces, backward movement and that there's currently no bounds. I love it but I also love Tekken Tag 2.

Doomshine

You know, I don't think I've seen a single Jack player yet. I know he's not really the most popular character to play as but I've seen at least one of everyone else so far. It seems poor Jack has been left out in the cold :(

I'm going to be playing Jack once I have the time to actually play this, he's the only one I'm decent with of the characters.

Pachimari

I beat up an annoying Asuka and smashed her in her face with Jack. So awesome! In fact I quite like Jack in Tekken Revolution.

I didn't notice, whic Jack is in this game? Is it Jack-6?

Auskeek

I just did a go through arcade and beat a player on ranked match.

I've had a lot of fun so far, enjoying the leveling up element, but there is one thing that is a deal breaker for me. The game JUST CAME OUT, and already it is taking me a good 10 minutes to get connected to a player with a 2 connection. I think everybody is too busy playing The Last of Us.

Top Bottom