• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

This game really needs a decent practice mode, with no F2P restrictions. For new players it's not particularly appealing to lose five matches and then be forced to sit and wait for however long it takes to replenish your coins. Going to take ages to get any good at this thing.

GrayFoxPL

He praised me? Last time I was played him on stream I was on the receiving end of his verbal artillery LOL :p

Yeah, he said you're legit and deserve... I forgot, respect or smth. Definitely not shit, lol. Aris is lovable like Santa Claus.

I stop being bothered by this game. When you upgrade damage and vigor you become a monster.
Today I went on 15-16 win streak by doing only demolition man, deathfist and simplest combos ever. Once I got them to the wall the Demolition man + criticals did such insane damage, no one had much chance. If something missed - deathfist and you could pick up the pieces.

First time I almost fell asleep playing Tekken. This is just too simplistic. Dumb even.

I wanted to play Steve in this but the game unlocked for me Alisa and other shit, by the time Steve will unlock, Pauls deathfist will be doing 95% damage.

Wake me up when they'll update this.

Nudull

Banned
Been messing about with Marshall and Lars, and having a decent bit of fun with this. Hopefully, I can unlock Leo soon, though.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
When there is lag, the lag is absolutely terrible. What's a good strategy against a good Steve Fox? I never really played against a high level player.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This is Tekken Revolution! Invincible move those scrubby Steves to death. Novice Steves tend to like to push buttons.

Oh nice to know. I never used much of the Tekken 5 cast. Except Asuka, bc she's basically a modified Jun from Tag. (Jun from Tag 2 seems totally different).

I find Marshal Law to be like that. But I tried to learn Law from Tekken 3 where his d + 2,3 can lead to a combo ending in junkyard kick. Now its all totally random. I miss more combos because its not the traditional move set. Because Forest Law had direct inputs for juggles. lol I do like his 2,2,N,2,2. But I feel like a scrub either way. Because I rely on his simple combos and easy sweeps rather than the combos I want to use.

I just found out kazuya has the old devil form back. Heaven's Gate works on ss+2. Fond memories of Devil in Tag.

K.Sabot

Apparently it costs 30,000 gift points to get a 3rd character.

Unfortunately my first and second characters were not Leo.

Hah my last credit was a disconnect. I didn't even get to play.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The fuck? I got stuck at the select character screen for like 10 minutes.

Apparently it costs 30,000 gift points to get a 3rd character.

Unfortunately my first and second characters were not Leo.

Hah my last credit was a disconnect. I didn't even get to play.

30000!? Seriously? I'm still stuck at only 15,000. I know I haven't played that many matches (probably around 75 counting player matches, I only got to Brawler rank) but that's ridiculous. I was looking forward to unlocking Steve too.

30000!? Seriously? I'm still stuck at only 15,000. I know I haven't played that many matches (probably around 75 counting player matches, I only got to Brawler rank) but that's ridiculous. I was looking forward to unlocking Steve too.
Steve is the only character I have unlocked so far :c

Anyway, Should I feel even a little proud because I feel like I'm getting a little good with Lars?
Shit, I feel like buying Tekken Tag 2 lol

Steve is the only character I have unlocked so far :c

Anyway, Should I feel even a little proud because I feel like I'm getting a little good with Lars?
Shit, I feel like buying Tekken Tag 2 lol

Of course you should feel proud about getting better, that's what it's all about. Leveling up your game everyday until you reach the very top, all while kickng ass and taking names along the way. Also you should totally buy Tag Tournament 2. It has tons more characters, customization, a great OST, and it's just a better game mechanically. You should be able to find it for a pretty good price by now. Just be sure to buy it new since they included a damn online pass.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any tutorials for the mechanics of this game? Every time a King grabs me I'm done for, I don't know how to tech. Hell, I don't even know how to grab. :S

Is this game a ploy to buy Tekken Tag 2?

I haven't felt this frustrated with a fighting game since... you know what? Never! I mean, I can't practice, I can't fight with my mains (none of them are here) and there's no offline multiplayer. I got superbly pissed off when someone playing as Lars beat the shit out of me with his moves that are so flashy, they fill up the screen not allowing me to see what the fuck I'm doing when he hits me. I have no idea how to block his cheap ass. All the effects and powerful straight moves kill me every time and I can't properly practice against the mother fucker.

Fuck Lars.

I play mostly with Law, who I haven't played with since the first Tekken Tag Tournament on the PS2. I switched to the Hong Kong Cop (forgot his name) and Hwoarang for a fucking reason and I'm left with these limited characters with no way of purchasing others.

I actually went out to buy Tekken Tag 2 today. Could only find it used at Gamestop but lo and behold, there's an online pass. To purchase a new one is 9.99 on PSN when I got the game for 25. The game, brand new, is 30 but nobody has it here. So I can't practice, play the full game, or fight with my mains. I know it's only 5 bucks more, but I can't bring myself to pay more than 30 for it. I barely wanted to spend 25.

Ugh... just had to rant.

That being said, the music is nice, the graphics are sharp, and it plays (to me) better than Tekken 6 which I bought brand new and hated instantly. It felt slow and sluggish. I would love love love to get my hands on a brand new TTT2 so I'll have to order it I guess.

Are there any tutorials for the mechanics of this game? Every time a King grabs me I'm done for, I don't know how to tech. Hell, I don't even know how to grab. :S

None I know of for TR, but there are plenty of lengthy system tutorials on youtube for T6 and TTT2. Take a look at Level Up Your Game's channel.

Basic throws are done with 1+3 (Left Punch+Left Kick) and 2+4 (Right Punch+Right Kick). The break corresponds to the throw used, so 1+3 throws are broken with 1 and 2+4 throws broken with 2. If you watch the grab animation carefully you can see which hand is reaching out further. From that you can choose which button to break with. It takes a ton of practice to do on reaction, but even still it's easier to do in TR than mainline Tekkens.

There are also double hand throws that are broken with 1+2 (Left Punch+Right Punch) but the notation for performing those throws are character specific. If King gets you in a multithrow you can either mash 1 or 2 to try and break out of it depending on which one he's doing. Unfortunately there aren't any cues to help you on those, you just have to guess which one is coming. From what I understand the 2 break throws are always the strongest in multithrow chains, so maybe just stick with that to avoid getting death cradled.

I haven't felt this frustrated with a fighting game since... you know what? Never! I mean, I can't practice, I can't fight with my mains (none of them are here) and there's no offline multiplayer. I got superbly pissed off when someone playing as Lars beat the shit out of me with his moves that are so flashy, they fill up the screen not allowing me to see what the fuck I'm doing when he hits me. I have no idea how to block his cheap ass. All the effects and powerful straight moves kill me every time and I can't properly practice against the mother fucker.

Fuck Lars.

I play mostly with Law, who I haven't played with since the first Tekken Tag Tournament on the PS2. I switched to the Hong Kong Cop (forgot his name) and Hwoarang for a fucking reason and I'm left with these limited characters with no way of purchasing others.

I actually went out to buy Tekken Tag 2 today. Could only find it used at Gamestop but lo and behold, there's an online pass. To purchase a new one is 9.99 on PSN when I got the game for 25. The game, brand new, is 30 but nobody has it here. So I can't practice, play the full game, or fight with my mains. I know it's only 5 bucks more, but I can't bring myself to pay more than 30 for it. I barely wanted to spend 25.

Ugh... just had to rant.

That being said, the music is nice, the graphics are sharp, and it plays (to me) better than Tekken 6 which I bought brand new and hated instantly. It felt slow and sluggish. I would love love love to get my hands on a brand new TTT2 so I'll have to order it I guess.
Lars rocks.
It's just that many people spam his most overpowered moves, I felt like a cheap ass for using him so I told myself I should learn to play him without spamming too much and shit, it's worked so far. His 10 hit combo is freaking great and the flying kick upwards is also really handy.

Lars rocks.
It's just that many people spam his most overpowered moves, I felt like a cheap ass for using him so I told myself I should learn to play him without spamming too much and shit, it's worked so far. His 10 hit combo is freaking great and the flying kick upwards is also really handy.
I understand. I played one guy using Law and he only did one move: the quick back kick (back and R2). It was very cheap and truthfully hard to beat if all you do is block.

Siegmeyer

This game really needs a decent practice mode, with no F2P restrictions. For new players it's not particularly appealing to lose five matches and then be forced to sit and wait for however long it takes to replenish your coins. Going to take ages to get any good at this thing.

This.

It also sucks that the only place to access the command list is in Arcade mode. I haven't played Tekken to any extent since T2 on the PS1 and this thing is not noob friendly at all. Thank god for muscle memory that I was able to be at least half competent out of the gate with my Kazuya.

I was stomping fellow noobs early on who just seemed to keep spamming the crit attacks, but once I got to about 15 wins I've started to get juggled all over the shop and am getting my ass handed to me on the regular.

I understand. I played one guy using Law and he only did one move: the quick back kick (back and R2). It was very cheap and truthfully hard to beat if all you do is block.
Yeah, honestly any character can be a pain in the ass if all the player does is spam some super duper move.
It's a shame, really.

Yeah, I'm still having fun with this game. I'm even getting used to the super move spamming I think. Not having my mains is hurting, but it is giving me chance to learn some new characters which is fun. I actually do not mind the simplicity compared to TTT2 and even like a few things better about it. I see what they were trying to accomplish with this game I think. Do not rank up too high or no one will want to fight you in the rooms though lol. I got kicked out like 10 times tonight because they immediately insinuated that I would take their tokens or whatever because I was a higher rank than them. They do not know that I am also learning myself with new characters as well and rank means nothing normally. It's not a replacement to TTT2, but it's a nice and enjoyable diversion I think. Definitely worth checking out. I will admit though I would of probably bought a $15-$20 version of this game if it allowed unlimited access to the gameplay though. I think they should of had a F2P version and a regular version for approximately $15. The coin/ticket system can be very restrictive for someone new trying to learn how to play the game I think.

Fuck Lars.

Ugh... just had to rant.

I just realized I played against you before.

A lot of people are using cheap tactics. So if I see that someone spams the same move, I will go into complete troll mode and counter with their own tactic, only I'll do it more intelligently. But if I see that someone is trying to have a real match with me, I won't do that.

Manbig

A lot of people are using cheap tactics. So if I see that someone spams the same move, I will go into complete troll mode and counter with their own tactic, only I'll do it more intelligently. But if I see that someone is trying to have a real match with me, I won't do that.

There's really no such thing as a cheap tactic. Everything is heavily punishable in one way or another.

Oh? How did I do? And please tell me I was playing as Law and not dabbling in my Kazuma past.

I didn't play him at his own game because it was against my principles or some such shit. I now realize it was the wrong thing to do.

Doomshine

Damn it, I unlocked Alisa and Steve, I was hoping for Bryan. I guess I'll keep going with Jack then.

I noticed Kazuya seems to be character of choice for trolls, Devil lasers and invincible moves all day.

GrayFoxPL

Damn it, I unlocked Alisa and Steve, I was hoping for Bryan. I guess I'll keep going with Jack then.

I noticed Kazuya seems to be character of choice for trolls, Devil lasers and invincible moves all day.

Yeah I wanted Steve, but unlocked Bryan and Alisa. Too bad we can't exchange, lol.

Fought against this guy just now who'd devil laser you if you were far away and use invincible move when you got close. Couldn't quite beat him cause I'm a little too mash happy on knock down.

jett

D-Member
Welp, I can't find a single ranked game online. :lol Still fun to play some Tekken after nearly 10 years, Law is pretty fun. Waiting around for a match gives me a sort of practice mode, at least. :p

Ew. No thanks from the sounds of it, I'll keep playing TTT2. 2v2 and PAIR play are too awesome to pass up.

I'm downloading this, but thank god this isn't how TTT2 is. I will give this a try though. However I see people who play this game as "main" tekken getting pretty destroyed when they play someone in TTT2 or T6.

Ew. No thanks from the sounds of it, I'll keep playing TTT2. 2v2 and PAIR play are too awesome to pass up.

I'm downloading this, but thank god this isn't how TTT2 is. I will give this a try though. However I see people who play this game as "main" tekken getting pretty destroyed when they play someone in TTT2 or T6.

Yo this is some good shit ^.^;;. It's not TTT2 it's not trying to be. This is nice!

lol

SUPARSTARX

What? The character models don't even look bad here. It's just maybe a few weird outlining and coloring effects they used to make look off. But yeah, Lili and Asuka look great.

On that note has anybody unlocked Nina Williams yet? Is she even in here?

Top Bottom