• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

Graphics are quite good, music is utter shit. Its very bare bones ofcourse, but I miss a practice mode the most. Not having this plus the winner stays loser pays model makes this only for hardcore tbh.

I like that bound is gone, but some movement and special effects looks and feels awkward. I played a batch of online games and the netcode was really amazing here. But whats with those retarded invincibility strikes that push through combos?

All in all I hope the next Tekken is not going into this direction. I do like the easier movement and the loss of bound, but all the rest of the changes I don't like at all.

Actually, I was winning in player matches and then my name changed red and I still was prompted to purchase gold coins to continue playing even though I had a win streak going on. :/

Is it ranked only because I could of sworn that I still got booted from ranked even when I was winning and then it said I had to add coins to play some more.

Actually, I was winning in player matches and then my name changed red and I still was prompted to purchase gold coins to continue playing even though I had a win streak going on. :/

Is it ranked only because I could of sworn that I still got booted from ranked even when I was winning and then it said I had to add coins to play some more.

It only works as winner stays if you're in Ranked and you're using a golden ticket.

Sgblues

I really think this was the reason Harada was mad the other day, I don't think he would have truly supported this shit.

What I don't understand though is which moves are invincible ? And I seem to able to counter them sometimes ?(implying invincibility requires some timing?).

play Arcade mode, you can check out the Move List there and practice. Move List has a specific section right at the top for all special moves.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but Heihachi IS a playable character. May wanna add him to the original post.

is this confirmed or did you just see him and Jinpachi in the Arcade mode?

I remember it did during my first time. I don't know if does if you do it a second time.

You can get one ticket the first time you complete arcade mode, then again after beating it 10 times. If you use a ticket to play the Arcade mode, you get more points/xp multipliers. X6 during this launch period atleast.

Tickets are also given once every day when you log in, and winning in ranked games also 10 times etc.

It only works as winner stays if you're in Ranked and you're using a golden ticket.

Oh, thanks. Well, I might be in trouble because I do not have any of my mains in the higher ranks. I got demoted yesterday lol. Almost got Grand Master rank with Lili, but some really good Paul player was abusing the invincible moves and hop kicking me to no end. he K.O.'ed me in like 4 hits in the last round also. He was quite powered up.

Still having fun. The netcode is quite good, but I got disconnected at least 10 times in a row and that's if I can even get online in a match. Maybe too many people online or server problems? So many people spamming invincible moves also lol. I loathed the seemingly invincible moves in TTT2 and now they are much worst. The level system is unique and even fun, but I dread to see what happens when fully maxed characters start appearing online.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You can get one ticket the first time you complete arcade mode, then again after beating it 10 times. If you use a ticket to play the Arcade mode, you get more points/xp multipliers. X6 during this launch period atleast.

Tickets are also given once every day when you log in, and winning in ranked games also 10 times etc.

Wait, you can get x6 instead of x2 in arcade mode from the tickets? I may have to start using mine because 10Gift Points a pop is pretty harsh. If I can get 30 a round times 8 rounds that's 240 gift points in arcade mode within 2-5 mins depending on how fast you exploit the AI. Not too shabby but not as great as fighting online people for the same thing.

NJShadow

glad I clicked on this thread. I downloaded it, but I haven't had time to play it. looks like I'll be deleting this imediately

I disagree. I'm actually having quite a bit of fun with it. For a free-to-play, it's not bad at all. The leveling-up/character customization keeps you coming back. Plus, since it's free, anyone on your friends list can play you, so it's good for quick pick-up fights. It's not often that a game like THIS gets the free-to-play badge.

kick51

Banned
The stats are VERY incremental. Someone could have 50 in all of them and it seems like it's a pretty light upgrade, comparatively. At least, not enough to let a bad player triumph. The extra health can be taken away in less than a combo. The extra damage is negated by poor timing/lack of skill.

Manbig

Isn't it ticking down the whole time?

... based on what I'm reading here I think I'll pass on this and just wait for the F2P version of DOA5U.

Don't let the early posts in the thread turn you away. A lot of people are turning around on this game. It's actually pretty damn fun when you get down to the nitty gritty of it. Even Fab and Aris are loving it and those are the last 2 people in the world I would expect to be open minded about this sort of game.

Skilletor

I think this game does a lot of interesting things. I haven't played much, but I love the shorter combos. Tekken is starting to feel like an anime game with combos, bounds and walls.

I personally appreciate the change to oki, as I felt that Tekken often punished the person on the ground too much for fucking up. I mean, you've already guessed wrong, you've been punished by being knocked down, and now you have to guess again to get up. Being on the ground often forces you to, at best, take another attack or two while you're lying prone so that your opponent can knock you away, and at worst gets you juggled, again, and put into the same situation which you previously found yourself.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to not have any juggles on a prone opponent, but it's a direction I can appreciate.

It's a shame, and predictable, that so many Tekken faithful are writing this off so quickly.

Idk what issues anyone is having but me and my friends on my friends list are having a blast. The game seems solid and for the three days ive had it i haven't spent a dime and average about 7 online battles a day. Of course if you win you get tickets to keep playing but ive also lost.

Graphics look really nice and the controls are spot on for a Tekken game!!! Ive also unlocked a few characters via beating the Arcade game. Also the game has trophies which i think is good.

If anyone wants to add me to battle it out feel free. My sn is kenjovani. Im not the best but im definitely not the worst lol

The stats are VERY incremental. Someone could have 50 in all of them and it seems like it's a pretty light upgrade, comparatively. At least, not enough to let a bad player triumph. The extra health can be taken away in less than a combo. The extra damage is negated by poor timing/lack of skill.

yeah i was surprised by how little advantage the extra stuff give you.

I had a 0/0/0 asuka character and that didn't prevent me from winning against characters with upgrades

TheSeks

Player Matches are done so wrong. Spend tickets and wait what feels like hours to get into another round because the default lobby size is 6. And with the way the custom match filter works you only get one or two pages max despite there being more lobbies than that to where you can hardly find 2 player match rooms and if you're hosting you gotta wait a good 2-10 mins before someone comes in.

Player Matches should really be free to play but I can understand why it isn't since everyone would just play that instead of "testing their luck" in rank.

kick51

Banned
Player Matches are done so wrong. Spend tickets and wait what feels like hours to get into another round because the default lobby size is 6. And with the way the custom match filter works you only get one or two pages max despite there being more lobbies than that to where you can hardly find 2 player match rooms and if you're hosting you gotta wait a good 2-10 mins before someone comes in.

Player Matches should really be free to play but I can understand why it isn't since everyone would just play that instead of "testing their luck" in rank.

You can actually join lobbies even without tickets. and I had no trouble finding rooms with less than 6, as well as having people join the rooms I made pretty fast.

The search options do suck though--as in, there are hardly any filters. Hope they fix that.

AAK

Honestly, if the game didn't have the RPG nonsense I would be enjoying it way more. Also, I just personally don't see any point to playing this if I can't play offline where lag won't hinder the play. Besides TTT2 is the vastly superior game anyway despite how fun TR can be.

I'm very surprised that they released this without character customization. It seems like a no brainer for a Tekken F2P model.

TheSeks

You can actually join lobbies even without tickets.

You can join but you can't play.

That's the biggest issue the game has
no it isn't, the biggest issue is the "always-on"
: There's no way to continuously play it for "fun" and "level up"/learn. There's no training mode, 5 tickets are spent to play 5 player matches. Tickets for that respawn too slowly to where sitting in 6 player matches may be smart but if you want to just play rounds and try to learn as you go they feel like they take forever.

Arcade is nice, but since you only get 2 plays every 2 hours even that isn't "fun" to play.

@AAK: Honestly the buffs aren't that good. You can still win as a 0/0/0 character but it's just a pain since if someone puts all their points into damage or life (which seems to be the case with how the "meta-game" is playing out) they only need one or two good hits on you to end the round whereas if you're 0/0/0 you need to do really good spacing and pokes on like 30 times or so to beat them.

kick51

Banned

: There's no way to continuously play it for "fun" and "level up"/learn. There's no training mode, 5 tickets are spent to play 5 player matches. Tickets for that respawn too slowly to where sitting in 6 player matches may be smart but if you want to just play rounds and try to learn as you go they feel like they take forever.

Arcade is nice, but since you only get 2 plays every 2 hours even that isn't "fun" to play.

@AAK: Honestly the buffs aren't that good. You can still win as a 0/0/0 character but it's just a pain since if someone puts all their points into damage or life (which seems to be the case with how the "meta-game" is playing out) they only need one or two good hits on you to end the round whereas if you're 0/0/0 you need to do really good spacing and pokes on like 30 times or so to beat them.

True, but you can see how soon you'll be able to play without spending your coin first :)

They do need to add training mode--even the "training mode" while you wait for a ranked match has an AI attacking you. And they need to add difficulty levels to arcade mode that offer greater incentives for winning. It's set to brain dead easy right now.

I realize there are different move properties and a couple special moves added, but are the move lists basically TTT2? cause I want to use that to train for now...just haven't really explored move list comparisons yet and I'm not super familiar with the series' move lists.

Edit: As for the "Vigor" stat or whatever it's called, I noticed there's some quirk mentioned in the description, like a multiplier based on the difference between you and your opponent's level. This might be in there to force people to put points into it, but I'm not sure how that works yet.

Manbig

Harada already pretty much confirmed that training mode is coming on his twitter and is accepting any and all feedback from fans.

Edit: As for the "Vigor" stat or whatever it's called, I noticed there's some quirk mentioned in the description, like a multiplier based on the difference between you and your opponent's level. This might be in there to force people to put points into it, but I'm not sure how that works yet.

According to what I recall of the in game description, the difference in Vigor between you and your opponent means a higher chance go to into rage mode for the person with higher vigor.

On another note, this game actually has some decent tracks IMO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvn9YkIVv8o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYlUgES0QDo

Harada already pretty much confirmed that training mode is coming on his twitter and is accepting any and all feedback from fans.

i thought that was a sarcastic remark "well we will just update that in!" as his message said when someone asked for it

Without the bounds I feel like I'm playing classic Tekken with all the new moves. I like it but don't prefer it over bounds n stuff, just another play style I like

Manbig

i thought that was a sarcastic remark "well we will just update that in!" as his message said when someone asked for it

I think it just read that way due to the ESL nature of his tweets. At least that's how it seemed to me. He was welcoming feedback tweets when he talked about the game on the Madkatz E3 stream.

GrayFoxPL

Pretty sure Harada says updates are coming.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...s-additional-stages-and-customization-option/

I'm guessing, customization and few characters are first.

The Kazuya and Lars already have those special effects items that I'm guessing will be gone soon, as it's only promo time.

Let's guess what they'll make into critical and invincible moves for other characters.

Jin
Critical:
f,d,df2
f,d,df1
f,d,df4

ff2

Invincible:
1+2( Median Line Destruction)

AAK

Let's guess what they'll make into critical and invincible moves for other characters.

Jin
Critical:
f,d,df2
f,d,df1
f,d,df4

ff2

Invincible:

That's a pretty good guess. I would switch f,n,d,d/f+1 with d+3+4 or something from crouching demon stance. I like this:

Julia:

Critical:
FC d/f+4,3
WR+1 (Please!!! :D)
f+2+3
u/f+2

Invincible:
qcf+2 (this would be a massive nerf to her, considering in T6/TTT2 it's a safe high crush hgih hitting class 1 launcher)

Doomshine

I was watching the Tekken Revolution segment on Gamespot's E3 stream, they seem to suggest that a completely new character might be introduced to the game? Sounds crazy that they would do that for this game, but I guess they could try out new characters in this as well as mechanics.

They also talk about the possibilities of allowing some sort of tournament mode events if people are interested in that.

They also said that the way the game works is modeled after arcades. I guess this is why Aris is having so much fun with it.

Manbig

Pretty sure Harada says updates are coming.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...s-additional-stages-and-customization-option/

I'm guessing, customization and few characters are first.

The Kazuya and Lars already have those special effects items that I'm guessing will be gone soon, as it's only promo time.

Jin
Critical:
f,d,df2
f,d,df1
f,d,df4

ff2

Invincible:

Instead of CD4 as a crit move, I think they would either make the last hit of Savage Sword (d/b2,2,3), the second hit of CDS1, 2, or CDS2 as a crit move mainly because these are all primary juggle enders for Jin right now.

GrayFoxPL

Instead of CD4 as a crit move, I think they would either make the last hit of Savage Sword (d/b2,2,3), the second hit of CDS1, 2, or CDS2 as a crit move mainly because these are all primary juggle enders for Jin right now.

I just noticed they're favoring speed up and critical effect on sweeping moves that were previously slow eg. Lili:db4, Law db4, Bryan df3 etc.
Jin's low sweep would fit in, but I don't see why you wouldn't be right.

Edit:AAK: Oh right the cancan kicks, I forgot about those. Would be perfect as critical. And kinda devastating if they sped it up more.

This will be fun.

Yoshi? Oh god, no idea.

Especially for invincible... I would say it has to be a move that he can do from 1ss or nss....

4~3 ... no, too slow
f+3+4 ... no, different properties between stances
b+1+2... god let's hope not, such weak damage
u+3+4... wouldn't hit anyone anyway

I'm going with CD+1(f,d,d,d/f+1) his shoryuken sword, has it in both stances, even tho NSS has shorter range. OR, maybe f,f+4 knee?

Everyone gets 4 crits right?

Sword sweep
B+2,2
u/f+3
1+4 flash

EDIT -- Dude, imagine if his suicide was his invincible move. AHAHAHAHA oh god too good

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't touched touched Tekken since Hybrid. Which main do you recommend for someone who likes rushdown chars in FG? So far I've only been playing Law cause he's scrub friendly haha.

AAK

I haven't touched touched Tekken since Hybrid. Which main do you recommend for someone who likes rushdown chars in FG? So far I've only been playing Law cause he's scrub friendly haha.

Law is a good choice, Lili is also another one and even easier to play at least until Forest law gets a release.

For Yoshi I think f1+2 or b1+2 could work as invincible moves.

I was gonna go with f+1+2 also for invincible, but it's 2 different moves depending on sword or no sword stance. Not sure if that would count as 2 invincible moves or just once since it has the same input.

1ss f+1+2 would be great tho, fast move, has range, hits grounded, but nss f+1+2 is meh.

Top Bottom