• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

Ya know, I just noticed AAK put the wrong portrait of Ling Xiaoyu. Shame on you AAK!

http://i.imgur.com/Nfu0G.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

I tried but couldn't fit it to look good in the border. :( had to go with an old school upright position.

Blame my lack of artistic vision.

[url]https://blackboard.algonquincollege.com/bbcswebdav/pid-2285732-dt-content-rid-9488336_1/courses/14F_CST8103_020_030/Week1%20-%20Introduction%20to%20Network%20Models.pdf[/url]

Can't edit that now, bro. :D

No need to. I never said i support piracy. I just raised the question of why would someone steal from harada who is good to gamers vs capcom who screws gamers. I never said anything close to condoning piracy. People need to read more closly

Onemic

It's probably safe to assume he's close to being Eddy tier. But man, the tier talk is interesting. I think the last I saw Japanese players were ranking characters, all the Mishimas were at the top. Return of the God Fist. Which will probably put Angel at the top since she plays similar Devil Jin however she does have some unique moves of her own.

What rank is Eddie? B?

LowParry

I tried but couldn't fit it to look good in the border. :( had to go with an old school upright position.

Blame my lack of artistic vision.

For shame! lol - naw dude. You've done a ton of work already and deserve all the credit. All well done.

Sidenote: I may have a chance of getting a copy tomorrow. Maaaaaaybe.

Super Sidenote: I'm not sure where Eddie would stand in tier land. MarkMan would know since he used to main him.

LowParry

Here's the latest list of tiers (that I could find) as of May 2012.

S:
Mishimas

A:
Nina, Feng Wei, Steve Fox, Bob

B:
Lars, Leo, Jinpachi, Armor King, Jacks, Bryan Fury, Hwoarang, Dragunov, Lee

C:
Marduk, Jaycee, Bruce, Lei Wulong, Ganryu

D:
The rest

GrayFoxPL

ibvokByGgUZoez.gif

It's a "Scorpion Dance" move from Infinite - BTD song. Now everyone in Asia does it. In this gif MinWoo from Boyfriend group.

I want this as get up option from FDFA position for Lee in Tekken. Would be so swag.

zlatko

Banned

S:
Mishimas

A:

B:

C:

D:
The rest

I like this listing. I'm leaning towards my first team being Jinpachi or Kazuya with Steve Fox.

Ultimately I'm just going to settle with whatever character I can make look the most bad ass in character customization. :p

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
What rank is Eddie? B?

Eddy/Tiger/Christie are solid. They require more work than Tekken 6 however. They've lost some of their options but with TTT2 and them having partners, it makes them a lot more viable depending on the pair you play.

Tiers in this game, for the most part... should be used as a rough guide of just individual characters. The game is balanced enough where each character can be scary.

Doomshine

Eddy/Tiger/Christie are solid. They require more work than Tekken 6 however. They've lost some of their options but with TTT2 and them having partners, it makes them a lot more viable depending on the pair you play.

Tiers in this game, for the most part... should be used as a rough guide of just individual characters. The game is balanced enough where each character can be scary.

I agree. With all the different tag combinations you can easily make up for weaknesses in a character, like Feng who has pretty low combo damage on his own in T6.

Tiger is such an afterthought, lol. No dialogue, no ending.

EDIT: Lei's ending is amazing. Surprised the Tekken team just now decided to make this connection in game.

WTF, why is that awesome special edition not available in NA?

Does anyone know a place a european online store that can ship that to the NA? Also, is the 360 version region free? I read somewhere that it is.

RazOmari

Having a hard time deciding between PS3 or the 360 version. Most of my fighters and my TE are on the 360, but I fear that the community will die down quickly as opposed to the PS3 version.

Having a hard time deciding between PS3 or the 360 version. Most of my fighters and my TE are on the 360, but I fear that the community will die down quickly as opposed to the PS3 version.
As a 360 owner...get the PS3 version. Better, more plentiful competition by probably the largest margin for a fighter this gen. Tekken can be capably played on the PS3 pad.

Chairhome

ibvokByGgUZoez.gif

It's a "Scorpion Dance" move from Infinite - BTD song. Now everyone in Asia does it. In this gif MinWoo from Boyfriend group.

I want this as get up option from FDFA position for Lee in Tekken. Would be so swag.

That move has been done for a few years already. I saw Jabbawockeez do that move before they blew up like 5+ years ago.

Edgeward

There should be a combp deal of getting TTT2 and a stick. Make it happen, MarkMan!

Dont know when I get this as I know borderlands will consume me for a bit but I will get on that Jaycee train and show the power of wrestling.

CSX

Heres a newer tier list that wonkey posted in the community thread a month ago

アルカランク

S
Devil Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi

A+
Lars, Leo, Nina, Feng Wei, Bob

A
Dragunov, Jinpachi, Steve Fox, Armor King
Hwoarang, Miguel

A-
JayCee, Bruce Irvin, Lei Wulong, Bryan Fury, Lee
Paul Phoenix, Asuka

B+
Ganryu, Marduk, JACK-6
Anna, Jin Kazama, Ling Xiaoyu

B
Alisa, Eddy/Christie, Ogre, King, Kuma/Panda, Zafina, Jun, Baek, Lili, Raven,
Law, Roger. Jr, Yoshimitsu, Wang Jinrei

補足 (Supplemental information?)
- Jinpachi can be seen higher depending on team composition and Tag Assault combos.
- Anna can also be placed higher in the listings due to team composition and her ability to take red life.
- Jin might be higher If the player makes clever use of parrying.

Onemic

S:
Mishimas

A:

B:

C:

D:
The rest

So all the characters I want to play are D tier :(

Isn't Jinpachi a mishima? do the Mishimas include the Kazamas? If tiers don't matter then all is well.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

Isn't Jinpachi a mishima? do the Mishimas include the Kazamas?

Don't let tiers deter you. The game has great balance and every character can be a threat.

When people usually refer to Mishimas, they mean Devil Jin, Kazuya and Heihachi.

RazOmari

As a 360 owner...get the PS3 version. Better, more plentiful competition by probably the largest margin for a fighter this gen. Tekken can be capably played on the PS3 pad.

Cool, thanks. I've had the PS3 version pre-ordered since July but just recently started contemplating switching over.

Hyped and ready to go now!

Dereck

Isn't Jinpachi a mishima? do the Mishimas include the Kazamas? If tiers don't matter then all is well.
You will enjoy Tekken 10 times more the more you stop worrying about tiers, play with whoever you want.

mephie

Neo Member
I will, but I've been listening to remix of Moonlit Wilderness and unfortunately it just comes across as a messy mash-up to me.

Moonlit Wilderness TTT2

Moonlit Wilderness Tekken 5

The original is one of the most epic tracks in Tekken.

That preview version is a mess. Can somebody with an early copy let us know if they changed it for the final build? Regardless I will probably be subbing it out for this bit of Guilty Gear nostalgia until they release the Tekken 5 version.

I'm in such a Tekken mood again. T6 really soured my buds throughout its lifetime. From showing off The. Same. Exact. Character designs and art from T5 and DR, to its shitastically designed ad campaign that tried acting like it was an MMA property and had terrible aesthetics to prove that point (dat ugly red and gray stars and stripes). Plus the game felt noticably laggier than T5DR on the same system. Luckily I've come to enjoy it recently.

I've literally been shaking with anticipation these past few days. The only time I've ever wanted a game this bad was the original TTT. I bought the game a few days before the launch of the ps2 and I camped out on a shcool night to make sure I was able to purchase the console, good times.

I know Harada said in an interview we could take screenshots on the ps3 from the xmb but it doesnt hurt to just make sure. Can someone who has the game on ps3 confirm this? home->photo-> save screenshot.

Nori Chan

OH GOD

I just realized....I DONT KNOW WHO TO MAIN....This is my first tekken game afterall....Except for SF X T but that doesn't count for obvious reasons...Lars has interest me. Just in design I mean lol

Top Bottom