• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

For all those worried about tiers:

Just learn to play tekken. The basic mechanics are obviously the same throughout. You get good at tekken, you'll be good with whoever's move list and combos you decide to memorize.

GrayFoxPL

ibpPnEBTT83hZk.gif

iZ1cX0wkmh68H.gif

ibaxE2sZeSBjfU.gif

Filth

i wish i was good at tekken games to get into it. i have no idea of the mechanics and the last tekken game i bought i was schooled so hard online it made me sad. :/

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm wondering if the data consolidation feature for World Tekken Federation includes data for player ghost and replays.

Would be really great if one could see replays and fight ghosts from both platforms all in one place.

My sentiments exactly. She looks incredible.

Don't let tiers deter you. The game has great balance and every character can be a threat.

When people usually refer to Mishimas, they mean Devil Jin, Kazuya and Heihachi.

How are the Mishimas to learn? If I remember correctly they're meant to be quite technical to get a grasp of.

Also, Angel seems as if she'll be in the A/A+ tier since most of her moves are derived from Mishima characters while she also has moves of her own so if anybody is curious about her she seems like a safe bet for the moment if I'm understanding it correctly.

EDIT: Grayfox, thank you for those gifs. That combo into throw combo is incredible, as is the Jack 100+ damage combo (and Jinpachi had a high damage combo with her in the video too if I remember correctly). She definitely seems like a very viable character, I wouldn't be surprised if she's used commonly online.

CSX

With regards to the first video a lot of the combos dealt more then half damage. So in theory you can be screwed after "2 mistakes". As the person on the recieving end, is there any way to get out of the combo or are you stuck?

Send out your second guy. the red health your comboed guy acculumated will slowly turn back to actual health. Plus your 2nd character will have netsu (rage) which will boost his/her damage for 10 seconds

This is how i see combos in tekken

Non wall combo = 1/4 to 1/3 health

full combo that leads to wall carry = 1/3 -1/2 health

straight wall splat = around a 1/3

Only a casual tekken player, so be gentle, but how does synergy go with picking teams? Can you pretty much put anybody together? For example Michelle/Jaycee?

Can you take off Jaycee's mask?

GrayFoxPL

EDIT: Grayfox, thank you for those gifs. That combo into throw combo is incredible, as is the Jack 100+ damage combo (and Jinpachi had a high damage combo with her in the video too if I remember correctly). She definitely seems like a very viable character, I wouldn't be surprised if she's used commonly online.

No problem, and yeah she seems like a powernhouse, definitely looking like best dlc character.

With regards to the first video a lot of the combos dealt more then half damage. So in theory you can be screwed after "2 mistakes". As the person on the recieving end, is there any way to get out of the combo or are you stuck?

Juggles are not as easy as they seem. Some are impossible before mastering the specific movement and 1-2 frames can be a difference between wiff or hit. In T6 some juggles have so strict timing it's not viable to use them online as you'll miss most of the time because of lag.

Only a casual tekken player, so be gentle, but how does synergy go with picking teams? Can you pretty much put anybody together? For example Michelle/Jaycee?

Some characters like or hate each other. Meaning the rage of the second character will kick off sooner, later or not at all when first character is getting a beating. Jaycee and Michelle are perfect in that sense.

Yeah I think I saw mask less JayCee.

Degen

My sentiments exactly. She looks incredible.

How are the Mishimas to learn? If I remember correctly they're meant to be quite technical to get a grasp of.

Also, Angel seems as if she'll be in the A/A+ tier since most of her moves are derived from Mishima characters while she also has moves of her own so if anybody is curious about her she seems like a safe bet for the moment if I'm understanding it correctly.

Mishimas are technical if you're aiming to maximize their potential, but a lot of their basic moves and strategies can get you pretty far

AAK would be able to answer better than I can, since I took the punk route and went with Bryan since T3

Bleep

Yep, you definitely can. You just need to give her a hair or head item and the mask will come off. Heres an old blurry picture of my team I took a few months ago with no mask on Jaycee:

img_20120818_172801h0b31.jpg

I'm sold. Preorder here I come.

Send out your second guy. the red health your comboed guy acculumated will slowly turn back to actual health. Plus your 2nd character will have netsu (rage) which will boost his/her damage for 10 seconds

This is how i see combos in tekken

Non wall combo = 1/4 to 1/3 health

full combo that leads to wall carry = 1/3 -1/2 health

straight wall splat = around a 1/3

Forgot about the health recharge.

Juggles are not as easy as they seem. Some are impossible before mastering the specific movement and 1-2 frames can be a difference between wiff or hit. In T6 some juggles have so strict timing it's not viable to use them online as you'll miss most of the time because of lag.

Good point. Timing and online can lead to disaster, sf4 has taught me that.

I abandoned the series after Tekken 3.

However, this is an offer I cannot refuse.

Same. I played tekken 3 into the ground. Then stopped, don't know why.

Makoto

44-Minute IGN Quick Look of Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Edit: In other news, a poster on GameFAQs who claims to have acquired the TTT2 strategy guide is saying that the DLC characters are not included in the guide. On one hand, that sort of sucks since I'm planning on picking up Kunimitsu, but on the other, having seen TTT2's in-game demonstration of combos and just how extensive the training mode is, I personally probably didn't need the guide anyway.

Her animations remind me of Ayane. Except she's way cooler, cuz fire breathing.
I see some Kasumi and Taki in there, too. She's not my style but she's so dope that I'll probably maintain a trash-tier Kuni for offline play.

Also, over the last six months they added many of the costume pieces to make the classic alternate outfits for many characters to the arcade version but I haven't seen any of them in the customization menu. I'm guessing that they will be part of the paid portion of the forthcoming DLC along with the old songs.

Skilletor

I see some Kasumi and Taki in there, too. She's not my style but she's so dope that I'll probably maintain a trash-tier Kuni for offline play.

Also, over the last six months they added many of the costume pieces to make the classic alternate outfits for many characters to the arcade version but I haven't seen any of them in the customization menu. I'm guessing that they will be part of the paid portion of the forthcoming DLC along with the old songs.

Did you say...Taki? :)

SUPARSTARX

Got it urley. Grinding stuff in training mode. I'm hitting 3,4 (MP,MK) by accident A LOT cuz I'm still in SFxT tagging mode lol :(

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So All DLC will be free eventually or is it just future DLC (not counting pre-order DLC)?

The only thing that won't be free are music tracks and cg movies/endings from previous games. Pre-order characters will be available to download for free at a later date.

Ok, on the PS3 list.

I'm looking to learn JayCee and Miguel. Is there a big learning curve for them? I haven't played since Tekken 5, so I don't know if they play similar to anyone else. I'm an old King player, if that helps.

CSX

Ok, on the PS3 list.

I'm looking to learn JayCee and Miguel. Is there a big learning curve for them? I haven't played since Tekken 5, so I don't know if they play similar to anyone else. I'm an old King player, if that helps.

jaycee plays similar to julia.

Miguel plays like no one but he is easy to learn. I think Aris placed him as an easy character to learn in terms of executing moves.

I need good clean rips of all of these and the rest of the cast so bad. I have a nice stick art design in mind with a few of them. Still sad we arent getting the artbook.

Top Bottom