• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DR2K

Banned
DEATH™;42415031 said:
EVO =/= Asia bro... Seriously...

You mean they aren't the same thing?

Top level players were from China, Korea, and Japan all of which have a healthy scene or I doubt these players would have made it that far.

Sayah

Top level players were from China, Korea, and Japan all of which have a healthy scene or I doubt these players would have made it that far.

Most games, if not all the games at EVO, have top players coming from all over the world. That doesn't mean or measure anything in regards to actual popularity.

I think the worlds biggest fighting game tournament should have some bearing on it, more so than hearsay and empty statements.

Evo has what? 3000-4000 competitors? In comparison to the millions that buy fighting games? Yeah, no.

DEATH™

LOL... Seriously...

We asians beat you guys if we care enough for your game. Sucks for you guys if Fuudo decides to drop DOA... TROLLOLOLOL

But seriously, Top players can pick up any game. Doesn't mean that the game have alot of player base...

DR2K

Banned
Most games, if not all the games at EVO, have top players coming from all over the world. That doesn't mean or measure anything in regards to actual popularity.

What do you use?

DEATH™;42415142 said:
LOL... Seriously...

We asians beat you guys if we care enough for your game. Sucks for you guys if Fuudo decides to drop DOA... TROLLOLOLOL

But seriously, Top players can pick up any game. Doesn't mean that the game have alot of player base...

I'd make it though that tough patch.

How do you become a top level player with a vital scene?

Sayah

What do you use?

Various things.
When you know a game has its own separate TV show and ranks at the top in arcades (a la Tekken), you know its popular enough.

You could also look at how established the community for a game is.

DR2K

Banned
DEATH™;42415241 said:
By being good fundamentally?

BTW just a funny tidbit...

EDIT: KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE!!!

Without a healthy scene that's impossible.

That's odd the PS3 and 360 lines were wide open last week.

weepy

I know this is sort of off topic but...why the hell hasn't Soul Calibur 5 (or any of its iterations for that matter) taken off in Japan/Korea? It's an insanely fun game with great mechanics and at least deserves to share some of Tekken's hype.

DEATH™

Without a healthy scene that's impossible.

That's odd the PS3 and 360 lines were wide open last week.

*points to Justin Wong*

It's easy to be good at another fighting game if you're already good at something else. FGs share the same fundamentals, whether 2D or 3D...

I know this is sort of off topic but...why the hell hasn't Soul Calibur 5 (or any of its iterations for that matter) taken off in Japan/Korea? It's an insanely fun game with great mechanics and at least deserves to share some of Tekken's hype.

Console release. Most originals got cut. Namco don't want competing it against Tekken etc.

Reached True Tekken God with Nina and Tekken God with Anna.....in offline mode. If I can reach half that in ranked matches, I would feel like the best player on the planet. Guess I'm doing pretty good online. Anyway to look at online player replays?? I want to study some of them.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Reached True Tekken God with Nina and Tekken God with Anna.....in offline mode. If I can reach half that in ranked matches, I would feel like the best player on the planet. Guess I'm doing pretty good online. Anyway to look at online player replays?? I want to study some of them.

Online Mode > Tekken Channel

What dan is true tekken god?

http://tgs2012.channel.or.jp/live_tv/channel_b.php

They're showing something.

Edit: - It's now over.

They showed a match on the Wii U version of the game, they went into a mode called "Kinoko Battle." It's the mode where there is mushroom's jumping and moving around in the background. Normal mushrooms increase your character's size while the the poison mushroom shrinks your character and inflicts a bit of damage onto your life. The poison mushroom doesn't kill you If you have really low health though. There's also a giant sized mushroom that makes you're character really tall, you can whiff moves from this state and a small opponent can't grab you in giant mode. Lastly there's the star item that makes your character invulnerable to all attacks for several seconds.

Also, Nintendo costumes get their own customization slot that's usually labelled C and a remix of this theme plays when the time gets below 20 seconds.

Erebus

I'm trying to replicate some of the stuff you learn from the Fight Lab during normal matches with players of my own choice with no success. For example, I can't perform Tag Assaults or Tag combos (had no problem with Tag throws though, 2+TAG) while I had not problem executing them with Combot. What am I doing wrong? :/

So apparently I can't Customize anymore. The game is telling me there are no items to buy and it won't let me change anything related to the outfits of the characters.

This game, man, this game.

Go into practice and start the battle in Ultra hard, after a few weeks you'll come out as the boss.

Stop playing online games. Spend all your time in practice and ghost battles until you're ready --> as in, you know your characters well and can perform your best combos/tag assaults with ease.

Neither of these posts are appreciated.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So apparently I can't Customize anymore. The game is telling me there are no items to buy and it won't let me change anything related to the outfits of the characters.

This game, man, this game.

Are you trying to customize the costumes in the A or B (or C) slots? Because that'll happen if you are.

Are you trying to customize the costumes in the A or B (or C) slots? Because that'll happen if you are.

Huh, never noticed that. Thanks, cause I was sitting here so mad, lol.

So then, you can't customize the second outfit at all, because the parts for it don't show up . . . *sigh*

At least it's not another glitch, but still really annoying.

Nyx

I'm trying to replicate some of the stuff you learn from the Fight Lab during normal matches with players of my own choice with no success. For example, I can't perform Tag Assaults or Tag combos (had no problem with Tag throws though, 2+TAG) while I had not problem executing them with Combot. What am I doing wrong? :/

Other chars have different commands for the launchers, boundmoves etc.

Trying to figure it out myself as well, found a Tag Assault with Kunimitsu. :)

http://tgs2012.channel.or.jp/live_tv/channel_b.php

They're showing something.

Edit: - It's now over.

They showed a match on the Wii U version of the game, they went into a mode called "Kinoko Battle." It's the mode where there is mushroom's jumping and moving around in the background. Normal mushrooms increase your character's size while the the poison mushroom shrinks your character and inflicts a bit of damage onto your life. The poison mushroom doesn't kill you If you have really low health though. There's also a giant sized mushroom that makes you're character really tall, you can whiff moves from this state and a small opponent can't grab you in giant mode. Lastly there's the star item that makes your character invulnerable to all attacks for several seconds.

Also, Nintendo costumes get their own customization slot that's usually labelled C and a remix of this theme plays when the time gets below 20 seconds.

Ehhhh disappointing. I'll double dip, but to be honest I was hoping for Pokemon costumes ;(

100. But it jumps straight from 32 to 100.

lol what? I may as well go for that as well since I'm already at 30.

Also I've been playing for this long and I have no idea what a "Direct tag assault" is.
Need to do those and the Combot completion to get the rest of the achievements.

Moofers

lol what? I may as well go for that as well since I'm already at 30.

Also I've been playing for this long and I have no idea what a "Direct tag assault" is.
Need to do those and the Combot completion to get the rest of the achievements.

You hit Square, Tri, and Tag all at once. Your partner comes on screen and you have time to perform one or two moves as your main character sets up to finish the juggle with a power move. Give it a try!

shiroryu

Never thought I'd say this about Tekken, given how meh Tekken 6 looked, and the sub-HD thing,but TTT2 is gorgeous at times. The Italy fountain stage with water effects looks fantastic.

Top Bottom