• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Angel has some good punishers and pokes so its best to focus on those first. Abuse u/f+3, d+1, d/b+2 and crouch dash 3. Those are all safe reliable moves to keep the pressure on your opponent. 112, 122, and 22 are all great punishers. If you block something toss those out and more often then not they will connect. She is a bit harder to play and win with due to her range and the need for tag assualts to dish out big damage but I think she is super fun to play. Stick with her! Plus she's hot <3

Thank you for the suggestions, I will practice them later tonight.

And yes, my Angel in a suit looks great!

Ferrio

Banned
When you carry someone to a wall, is it always possible to follow up? Or is there just a max amount you can juggle someone before the wall splat doesn't given you enough time?

Seems if i juggle someone from mid stage they recover too quickly before i can follow up with anything, and i end up whiffing and eating something big. Walls so fucking confuse me, I miss endless stages.

CPS2

When you carry someone to a wall, is it always possible to follow up? Or is there just a max amount you can juggle someone before the wall splat doesn't given you enough time?

Seems if i juggle someone from mid stage they recover too quickly before i can follow up with anything, and i end up whiffing and eating something big. Walls so fucking confuse me, I miss endless stages.

I think it depends on whether you bound before or after hitting the wall. If they hit the wall then you bound them, you can probably do more with that setup than bound, then hit the wall, though I've only just started with this game really.

AAK

It depends on character to character and whether or not you tech rolled at the wall. For example, Devil Jin can get a wall splat and do a string and get all hits and if you don't tech roll the last hit he can reset a wall combo with his hell sweep string.

But assuming you're talking about everything pre-techrolling, once a wall splat hits you can input a series of quick moves or a string to continue the combo. Slower strings will have attacks whiff. And wall combo's usually end with a final hit that cleanly connects yet the opponent is horizontal to the ground; an example is the last hit of Leo's WS+3,2,1. Hope that answers the question.

Sorry again about my lobby etiquette today :S, I like to play with multiple characters in every session. GGS regardless though.

Ferrio

Banned
It depends on character to character and whether or not you tech rolled at the wall. For example, Devil Jin can get a wall splat and do a string and get all hits and if you don't tech roll the last hit he can reset a wall combo with his hell sweep string.

But assuming you're talking about everything pre-techrolling, once a wall splat hits you can input a series of quick moves or a string to continue the combo. Slower strings will have attacks whiff. And wall combo's usually end with a final hit that cleanly connects yet the opponent is horizontal to the ground; an example is the last hit of Leo's WS+3,2,1. Hope that answers the question.

Sorry again about my lobby etiquette today :S, I like to play with multiple characters in every session. GGS regardless though.

Right, but do people recover off wall quicker the later in a combo the splat is? Meaning if you wall splat after say 8 hits, do they recover faster than splatting after 2?

CPS2

Right, but do people recover off wall quicker the later in a combo the splat is? Meaning if you wall splat after say 8 hits, do they recover faster than splatting after 2?

One thing I heard from one of the videos I watched, is that after generally 3 wall splats (when you're hitting them straight into the wall) they'll slump to the ground quickly, so it seems like the more you hit them against the wall the quicker they'll be able to recover. I've seen a combo video that got around that though, basically hitting them against the wall at an angle and it seemed like they could continue the combo for the full length of the wall until they reached a corner. The number of hits affects what you can do before and after a bound (more hits before a bound = less hits after a bound and vice versa) but idk if it affects their recovery after a wall splat.

Wall combos in every 3D fighter are beyond my means. I understand the techniques required, but I can never react quickly enough to do what I'm supposed to do. Ring positioning in general is such an advanced concept to me that I always put it off as one of the last things I practice. :/

Doomshine

Nope, you always get the same amount of hits at the wall. What matters is how low they are at the wall when you start attacking.

conman

Still getting destroyed online. Not once i have encountered a low skilled player. Fuck that matchmaking system.
Same thing is happening to me. Every once in a while, I'll find a pretty close match (but still lose).

I think it's mostly that the series is so well established, and the title makes it sound like something that only existing fans would go for. So it's mostly well versed Tekken players online.

But there are a few of us fellow crappy players out there!

Bulzeeb

Hi guys how noob friendly is the game, I migth give the wii U version a try this holiday or early next year, dunno, but I don't want to end up frustrated after having a few matches and store the game to never use it again. Take into account that I've never played a Tekken game or any 3D figther as I am not a big fan of figthing games, I can summarise my figthing games expirence with Street Figther, Kof, some Guilty Gears and Smash Bross (fuck the haters) and that I went Wii/psp/PC this gen

Doomshine

Hi guys how noob friendly is the game, I migth give the wii U version a try this holiday or early next year, dunno, but I don't want to end up frustrated after having a few matches and store the game to never use it again. Take into account that I've never played a Tekken game or any 3D figther as I am not a big fan of figthing games, I can summarise my figthing games expirence with Street Figther, Kof, some Guilty Gears and Smash Bross (fuck the haters) and that I went Wii/psp/PC this gen

I think it depends what you plan on doing. Be ready for a rough time if you're going online quickly, but then again the Wii U userbase might be different. The hardcore players are probably fine with sticking to PS3 or 360.

Bulzeeb

I think it depends what you plan on doing. Be ready for a rough time if you're going online quickly, but then again the Wii U userbase might be different. The hardcore players are probably fine with sticking to PS3 or 360.

well I plan to play the game on-line every now and then as I don't have the time, nor interest to play the game on a "hardcore" basis, also use it for some local multiplayer and will try to finish the single player mode with every single character, oh and unlock everything that need to be unlocked (gameplay wise, screw the DLC)

MMaRsu

Please gaf tekken noobs on Ps3 please add me : MMaRsu on PSN to get some matches going where we both wont be destroyed by some crazy beasts in the online mode.

I need to play against some low level players or I'll go insane. I havent actually won a match in days online. I've won plenty of fights, but I always lose. It's messing with my brain.

Please add me, I'm down for some matches right now!

Add me if you like as well, PSN: R-Signal

I haven't played an online match yet tho

still training

segatasanshirosy7.gif

Still getting destroyed online. Not once i have encountered a low skilled player. Fuck that matchmaking system.

Are you doing player matches or rank matches? Definitely try to stick to player matches for more casual matches. I am pretty good at Tekken and rank matches can be really stressful since practically EVERYONE seems to be really good.

Sayah

Please gaf tekken noobs on Ps3 please add me : MMaRsu on PSN to get some matches going where we both wont be destroyed by some crazy beasts in the online mode.

I need to play against some low level players or I'll go insane. I havent actually won a match in days online. I've won plenty of fights, but I always lose. It's messing with my brain.

Please add me, I'm down for some matches right now!

I feel sad after reading this. :(

Which characters do you use? I will try to help you.

CSX

Tempted to join the gaf mods and learn Leo.

But that wont be till a few weeks later. By then, ill forget how to play lol

Sayah

I played a member here from Japan and our matches were running brilliantly at a 4 level connection. Goes to show how good the netcode is.

Sayah

or how amazing japan's internet is. Probably was doing most of the synching no?
Can't seem to recall exactly about the synching but what I do know is that the matches were playing very amazingly well. Now that I remember, I was facing Kyouji, lol.

Sayah

Dude, that Bryan taunt was an accident, just for the record

didn't know it came out automatically

I hope people don't feel insulted when I use Anna and Nina's troll item moves.
For the record, I have no intention to insult anyone. It's just for the lolz.

Sayah

Ah, man. Matches with Mighty were not like VF5FS but still way better than Tekken 6.

Edit: Degen just didn't want to dance. :p

Sayah

Wow, this was an intense night. Had too much fun. All that pressure and mind games going on........wow. Really felt like great high level play with both you guys. Your friend is really good AAK. I will have to learn how to break Bob and Lee throws now. Don't even know which inputs are used for those throws.

And Heihachi is scaring me with all the changes he's had. So much more dangerous.

GGs.

AAK

Wow, this was an intense night. Had too much fun. All that pressure and mind games going on........wow. Really felt like great high level play with both you guys. Your friend is really good AAK. I will have to learn how to break Bob and Lee throws now. Don't even know which inputs are used for those throws.

And Heihachi is scaring me with all the changes he's had. So much more dangerous.

GGs.

Yeah GG's man. That was Mohammed you fought. Easily the best player in our city (out of the 5 of us who play offline LOL). Bryan/DJin is his main team for now, but I guess online he goes with Lee/Bob. He tortured me in T6 when Bryan was buffed, he's slightly tamed with the nerfed Bryan in TTT2 but man his progress easily accelerates mine.

Regardless... as always I was free to both or you :(

Sayah

Yeah GG's man. That was Mohammed you fought. Easily the best player in our city (out of the 5 of us who play offline LOL). Bryan/DJin is his main team for now, but I guess online he goes with Lee/Bob. He tortured me in T6 when Bryan was buffed, he's slightly tamed with the nerfed Bryan in TTT2 but man his progress easily accelerates mine.

Regardless... as always I was free to both or you :(

He's got really amazing wall pressure with Bryan/Lee. And you were performing really great. Many (if not most) of the matches ended up being five rounds long. It was back and forth pressure. Really love that feeling.

Top Bottom