• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

CPS2

Can you make the practice dummy block unnatural combo strings after the first hit? Combo counter is taking stuff that shouldn't work.
Yeah you can set the 2nd cpu action to block everything. I don't get why the combo counter is busted in this game either.

Can you make the practice dummy block unnatural combo strings after the first hit? Combo counter is taking stuff that shouldn't work.

Put action settings 1 to stand, then action settings 2 to guard all. Don't forget to set side roll(right or left) on too.

*edit* and I'm 5 minutes too late.

Fuck anyone who uses Combot online and gives him the cheapest bullshit ever, lol.
Come on, we knew that was coming...and it's exactly what I plan to do, too. :)

After a long time away, I went online to get the new characters. Not only am I rusty but I got trolled hard by a Dr. B that did nothing but butt slide me to death. I plan to get back into the fray this weekend.

Sayah

I can't do nina's spider knee to command grab combo. I mean I can do it sometimes but not always. Timing is so damn strict.

Grifter

Thanks, folks. =)

How long'd it take to unlock your character panels in Ghost Mode? Is it hard to snipe out those you want?

YoungHav

Banned
Just got this, damn this is a great game. I am crushing hard on Jun Kazama.

Boss spoiler

Had no idea Jun was Unknown. Her transformation during the last battle is so sexy!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Thanks, folks. =)

How long'd it take to unlock your character panels in Ghost Mode? Is it hard to snipe out those you want?

It's all random and you unlock stuff for the "gold" characters that you fight against.

Deps

Thanks, folks. =)

Pick a team and make the 1st character the character you want to unlock stuff for. Then pick the gold panels, you should get gold panels with the characters you play. Takes me about 15min to unlock everything for a character.

Sayah

Thanks, folks. =)

Play in Ghost Battle with the character you want to unlock the panels. Select the gold-plated characters. It's random but you should have them sooner rather than later.

Edit: Already beaten.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So for the Wii u version, i'm confident when I say giving a character 1 million will definitely give you one of their character panels (I tested this twice). When I gave one 500k, they gave me nothing :( Also I'm on a 25 win streak, please someone stop me wii u folk.

Sayah

So for the Wii u version, i'm confident when I say giving a character 1 million will definitely give you one of their character panels (I tested this twice). When I gave one 500k, they gave me nothing :( Also I'm on a 25 win streak, please someone stop me wii u folk.

hahahhaha. Keep going strong.

Do I have Tekken Tag, getting my Wii U tomorrow.

Do I need a pro controller for this?

Depends on your preference. Although, I think Pro Controller is probably better but the pad should be fine too.

Yeah what I meant is, is it comfortable to play the game with the GamePad or is the Pro Controller the preferred method? :) I guess Ill buy a pro controller just to be sure, will need it somewhere in the future anyway

mr_boo

Yeah you can set the 2nd cpu action to block everything. I don't get why the combo counter is busted in this game either.
If you want to test out if the a string jails on block, there's no direct way to set that up (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The work around here is to set the dummy to the character you want to test and record the string and perform the duck yourself.

Note, this is useful since it can garner juggles with wr moves.

Edit: Thinking about it, I should be wrong about this...maybe I did something wrong yesterday.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Played about ten hours of this since picking it up last Thursday. This might be my favorite retail release of a fighting game since VF4 Evo on PS2. No garbage mode like Tekken 6, awesome/stupid CG endings for everybody, and the customization options are right up there with VF5. The single player modes are so good it makes me wonder what the hell has happened to Soul Calibur over the years with the dumbass "tower of souls" modes. The Combot customizing is terrific.

Are online player matches at least hospitable to people who didn't play a ton of T6 online? It was really smooth after that first patch, but so many matches had Eddy Gordo / Christie / Tiger players that I just got bored with it before long. I wish I had bought the T6 CE for PS3 back in 2009 instead of 360. That Hori stick was decent for the package price. Tekken has always been perfect on a PS pad for me, but I imagine I'll get mauled by juggling combos online without a fighting stick.

If the online play doesn't stick for me, the game will at least be good for a few dozen hours of Ghost Battle. It isn't quite Quest Mode, but it is easier to use multiple characters and has endless replay value.

AdroitOne

Neo Member

What's your NNID, I'll put a stop to it LOL

Are online player matches at least hospitable to people who didn't play a ton of T6 online? It was really smooth after that first patch, but so many matches had Eddy Gordo / Christie / Tiger players that I just got bored with it before long. I wish I had bought the T6 CE for PS3 back in 2009 instead of 360. That Hori stick was decent for the package price. Tekken has always been perfect on a PS pad for me, but I imagine I'll get mauled by juggling combos online without a fighting stick.

No worries about character variety online. Prepare to see EVERYONE. Netcode is the best you can get, outside of ASW fighters. As far as I know, most American Tekken players use a pad. Movement is certainly much easier on pad from my experience (I still use stick though).

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
What's your NNID, I'll put a stop to it LOL

It's already done, i've finally vsed someone who was much better than me, but his 0 wins and 1 loss fooled me! Looks like more people are finally picking up on this game. I await european takeover!

AdroitOne

Neo Member
It's already done, i've finally vsed someone who was much better than me, but his 0 wins and 1 loss fooled me! Looks like more people are finally picking up on this game. I await european takeover!

Yeah, that was probably a player who has another high ranked team trying out new characters

So I got that art book for pre-ordering the Wii U edition, I'm impressed with how goshdarn thick it is. Usually pre-order bonus artbooks/ce artbooks are really flimsy and short. Harada ain't messing around. :p

WTF is weird, it seems to update whenever it feels like it. I have 9 out of 15 matches that went completely untracked today. Sucks cause I went 8-1 in that strecth too. Its been awhile since I played that much but my hands are actually not in pain today!

Sayah

So I got that art book for pre-ordering the Wii U edition, I'm impressed with how goshdarn thick it is. Usually pre-order bonus artbooks/ce artbooks are really flimsy and short. Harada ain't messing around. :p

I really wish I had that artbook.

WTF is weird, it seems to update whenever it feels like it. I have 9 out of 15 matches that went completely untracked today. Sucks cause I went 8-1 in that strecth too. Its been awhile since I played that much but my hands are actually not in pain today!

It will probably update with them in a few hours. Not sure why it does that sometimes but usually it's instant.

I really wish I had that artbook.

It will probably update with them in a few hours. Not sure why it does that sometimes but usually it's instant.

It hasnt =( I played a few matches about an hour ago and those updated but the 9 matches before are still no where to be found.

If we are talking side tourneys at evo then I'm gonna say we need to have dat Mushroom Battle mode.

I can't do nina's spider knee to command grab combo. I mean I can do it sometimes but not always. Timing is so damn strict.

I have to see this. I just tried it.. feels impossible

I missed this before.
There should be a Xbox WTF group too. I think Kajima or another member here had made it.

This might be it?

Just curious since I'm a little late, is this the gaf team?
Are you able to join only one team?
Is anyone here in a different team?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I got ttt2 for Wii U. This is my first Tekken game since they one that launched with the PS2.

I've been having fun. Lot more than I'm having with KOF13 but be that as it may...

Why is Sebastian so godlike?

Sebastian/Forest Law future

PowderedToast

just picked this up cos my ex loves tekken and we'll probably play it a lot over christmas break

i haven't followed it at all, what's the general consensus on this entry? i was sort of disappointed with 6 but i can't really place why. just didn't leave an impression

Dereck

just picked this up cos my ex loves tekken and we'll probably play it a lot over christmas break

i haven't followed it at all, what's the general consensus on this entry? i was sort of disappointed with 6 but i can't really place why. just didn't leave an impression
It's basically 6 with tag, just how the first one was basically 3 with tag.

Sayah

As far as netcode and features goes, this is a lot better than T6. But I love T6 immensely as well.

Just curious since I'm a little late, is this the gaf team?
Are you able to join only one team?
Is anyone here in a different team?

Yeah, that's the gaf team. You can ask Master Milk to join since he's the team leader. You can join only one team but if you change your mind, you can always quit one team and form/go to an other one.

I'm in basically no team.
is qcf+4 (ws+4) always guaranteed after CH qcf+2 with Leo?

I can test this for you in practice and let you know shortly. Haven't played Leo in so long. Don't really remember much with her.

Jubs

I can test this for you in practice and let you know shortly. Haven't played Leo in so long. Don't really remember much with her.

Looks like it's guaranteed from what I was able to test, but seems dependent on distance. Had a devil of a time landing the qcf+4 from three backdashes away after the CH. From 1-2 backdashes away, pretty easy to hit. Either way, this is huge for my game, since the qcf+4 can lift the opponent off the ground for a combo.

To those playing with arcade sticks.

(stupid question)
...Are you using only the Tatsunoko stick or did you find a way to hook up a PS360 stick

MarkusRJR

Anyone know if the Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom sticks work with the Wii U version of the game? If they do work, how easy is it to control? The official Hori sticks have a different button layout for the shoulder buttons.

I'm picking up two arcade sticks so I'm trying to figure out which to purchase (Tekken or T vs. C sticks).

Sayah

To those playing with arcade sticks.

(stupid question)
...Are you using only the Tatsunoko stick or did you find a way to hook up a PS360 stick

You can probably use a PS360 stick with some sort of converter.

Anyone know if the Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom sticks work with the Wii U version of the game? If they do work, how easy is it to control? The official Hori sticks have a different button layout for the shoulder buttons.

I'm picking up two arcade sticks so I'm trying to figure out which to purchase (Tekken or T vs. C sticks).

TvC stick will work from what I've heard.

Onemic

Looking to get back into this game. Im thinking of doing a Feng/Bruce team or Jin/Feng, would either of those work?

Also since Im still a newbie to Tekken, I just want to practice the basics before touching things like combos and stuff. I've been reading up AAK's guide and was just wondering about backdash canceling and how to do it properly because I have no clue. I know the notation, but when I try it out in practice mode my character either ends up not backdashing at all when I input the d/b and instead walks back, or dashes and goes into the foreground/background.(I play on stick btw)

Sayah

Looking to get back into this game. Im thinking of doing a Feng/Bruce team or Jin/Feng, would either of those work?
Either of those teams can work well. Actually, any team can work well in this game. Part of the charm is using your own creativity to come up with new stuff.

Deps

Also since Im still a newbie to Tekken, I just want to practice the basics before touching things like combos and stuff. I've been reading up AAK's guide and was just wondering about backdash canceling and how to do it properly because I have no clue. I know the notation, but when I try it out in practice mode my character either ends up not backdashing at all when I input the d/b and instead walks back, or dashes and goes into the foreground/background.(I play on stick btw)

Both of those teams are very good, but you should play Feng/Jin if you want to play the 2nd one, Feng is best as a point character and one of the best Korean players plays that team. Look up TTT2 Hao on youtube. Also look up Aris Feng tutorial it's really good and covers basically everything you would need.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...w-to-play-feng-5-part-character-tutorial.html

As far as backdash cancelling if you just want to play the game casually and aren't planning on using back sway characters. Just do bb, qcb, b, qcb, b~ to backdash. It's very easy and only slightly worse than the proper way. If you want to learn the proper way turn on input display and make sure your inputs are clean, but it's pretty hard. I started tekken with TTT2 and it took me about a month of practice to get it down well.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I finally decided to jump into TTT2 and I don't know where to "start". What are some good characters to get a grip of the game systems/gameplay? I have the Avoiding the Puddle guides bookmarked, are there any other guides I should look at? Any tips, links, etc. for a new player would be greatly appreciated.

Onemic

Both of those teams are very good, but you should play Feng/Jin if you want to play the 2nd one, Feng is best as a point character and one of the best Korean players plays that team. Look up TTT2 Hao on youtube. Also look up Aris Feng tutorial it's really good and covers basically everything you would need.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...w-to-play-feng-5-part-character-tutorial.html

As far as backdash cancelling if you just want to play the game casually and aren't planning on using back sway characters. Just do bb, qcb, b, qcb, b~ to backdash. It's very easy and only slightly worse than the proper way. If you want to learn the proper way turn on input display and make sure your inputs are clean, but it's pretty hard. I started tekken with TTT2 and it took me about a month of practice to get it down well.

I have input display on and it says im doing it correctly, but the same situation described above happens(specifically walking back into a full crouch animation instead of dashing) I don't know if I'm doing it too fast/slow or its something else.

Sayah

Lobby is up if anyone wants to join.
I finally decided to jump into TTT2 and I don't know where to "start". What are some good characters to get a grip of the game systems/gameplay? I have the Avoiding the Puddle guides bookmarked, are there any other guides I should look at? Any tips, links, etc. for a new player would be greatly appreciated.

Good characters to start with: Lili/Sebastian, Feng, Paul, Alisa. Ultimately, it depends on your playstyle preference. There's a lot that can be linked as far beginner videos/guides/etc. Check the OP.

Top Bottom