• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Doomshine

Anyways, I just saw the discussion here. I don't understand why Tekken is considered less visually appealing than something like SF. Doesn't the mo-cap of classical martial arts represented in a videogame form have some kind of aesthetic charm to appease the casual audience? Or are those people just a dying breed?

I keep seeing people say the animation Tekken is bad which just blows my mind.

DEATH™

I keep seeing people say the animation Tekken is bad which just blows my mind.

The irony is... some of them praise DOA's animations of all things...

(I went to a 3D modeling website and chatted with some people... all reasons why they hate Tekken is just... Fascinating...)

I guess part of it is its easy to get mad salty in Tekken...

AAK

Yo Manny, that Capo match was just me losing to myself (Along with the match against Rami). Whenever she went into relax I thought I pressed d/b+4 but b+4 came out and I got launched. Towards the end I just couldn't even think straight. And yes, I forgot to use d/b+3 like you showed me :( It's also my fault for not using Julia on point and to bring in Hwoarang against P.Jack.

But dude, because of your Marduk training I beat Toronto's number 2 player TeeVo who played Bloodhawk team. He was the highest seed in my pool. Thank You :)

The thing that blew my mind for the first time was seeing Yoshimitsu do the Izuna drop back throw in Tekken 2 and then seeing Hwoarang's hunting hawks along with Eddy's capoera in T3. Just looking at that stuff brought tons of gratification to me. And in the Tekken 5 we saw the air throws and throw break transitions. All those small touches made spectating Tekken really really fun for me. I would've never thought I was in a minority.

Dereck

I'm trying to remember back when I first joined Tekken GAF and we used to play Tekken 6 online. Fun times. Unfortunately all of the matches were a blur and I can't remember much.

Manbig

Yo Manny, that Capo match was just me losing to myself (Along with the match against Rami). Whenever she went into relax I thought I pressed d/b+4 but b+4 came out and I got launched. Towards the end I just couldn't even think straight. And yes, I forgot to use d/b+3 like you showed me :( It's also my fault for not using Julia on point and to bring in Hwoarang against P.Jack.

But dude, because of your Marduk training I beat Toronto's number 2 player TeeVo who played Bloodhawk team. He was the highest seed in my pool. Thank You :)

The thing that blew my mind for the first time was seeing Yoshimitsu do the Izuna drop back throw in Tekken 2 and then seeing Hwoarang's hunting hawks along with Eddy's capoera in T3. Just looking at that stuff brought tons of gratification to me. And in the Tekken 5 we saw the air throws and throw break transitions. All those small touches made spectating Tekken really really fun for me. I would've never thought I was in a minority.

Glad I could help!

I think the thing that most people hate about Tekken's animation was the refusal to change legacy animations. Bruce in T5 - DR was a pretty good example of this. They did start changing a lot of this stuff since T6 though. It makes Violet's Kossack Kicks look really out of place because it's an old animation.

This is pretty much the same reason people hate the way Virtua Fighter looks despite the mo-cap.

Sayah

Tekken animations are amazing and hit/sound effects are so satisfying. An awkward sense of fulfillment comes from landing bitch slaps and butt tackles. That feeling must be amplified with death fists.

Glad I could help!

I think the thing that most people hate about Tekken's animation was the refusal to change legacy animations. Bruce in T5 - DR was a pretty good example of this. They did start changing a lot of this stuff since T6 though. It makes Violet's Kossack Kicks look really out of place because it's an old animation.

This is pretty much the same reason people hate the way Virtua Fighter looks despite the mo-cap.

It sucks, because you see all these amazing throw animations, then you see the awful VF2 jab strings..

But yeah, I think Tekken is hella nice to look at as well. Throw and tackle breaks/reversals just add a lot.

Toryuken was pretty awesome. I didn't talk to many people, but I did end up watching a lot of matches. It was pretty interesting. AAK, I didn't know who you were until Sunday, but by the time I realized it, you had disappeared. That Rami person was definitely a fascinating watch. Interestingly enough, it made me rethink about using Yoshimitsu.

Speaking of that, I recently got a 3DS and decided to buy Tekken 3D. Since there's no Jun, I decided to play with Asuka. I'm kind of thinking of joining that Asuka/Jun army.

Woo, double demotion.

Brawler is never happening for me.

Speaking of that, I recently got a 3DS and decided to buy Tekken 3D. Since there's no Jun, I decided to play with Asuka. I'm kind of thinking of joining that Asuka/Jun army.

Would you recommend the game? Lack of features doesn't bother me. I'd never get bored of ghost battle and practice mode on the go. But I'm not sure how well the 3DS d-pad works for Tekken.

DEATH™;56977770 said:
The irony is... some of them praise DOA's animations of all things...

(I went to a 3D modeling website and chatted with some people... all reasons why they hate Tekken is just... Fascinating...)

I guess part of it is its easy to get mad salty in Tekken...

Well, at least they are not praising Mortal Kombat or Injustice's animations of all things. People know better than that hopefully. I would put DOA animations close to TTT2's for the most part with the exception of Sarah's weird knee landing transition animation which just looks awkward and unfinished. Both games I think have amazing animation. Sadly, I do think people treat TTT2 unfairly with practically everything, so that is no surprise at all. Virtua Fighter 5:FS animation is also amazing and imo, arguably the best animation out of any fighter.

Woo, double demotion.

Brawler is never happening for me.

Would you recommend the game? Lack of features doesn't bother me. I'd never get bored of ghost battle and practice mode on the go. But I'm not sure how well the 3DS d-pad works for Tekken.

Oh, that sucks, don't give up though. I need to try to rank up some more, but I've been busy with UMVC3. I probably jumped into that game way too late in life. I hope I am not rusty at TTT2 again. :(

If you won't get bored by ghost battle/practice mode on the go, I definitely recommend it. I got it for practice mode on the go myself since the movie is pretty shitty (and it's only the English version. I actually prefer dubs, but this one was god awful outside of Alisa, Heihachi and maybe Kazuya.) I'm pretty good with the 3DS d-pad. My movement is a LOT better on 3DS, but maybe the buttons could be a bit awkward for me personally.

Sayah

Yo..... Anna art.

anna_williams_by_istdog-d5orzqx.jpg

anna_by_abrem008-d61xim0.jpg

Doomshine

Well, at least they are not praising Mortal Kombat or Injustice's animations of all things. People know better than that hopefully. I would put DOA animations close to TTT2's for the most part with the exception of Sarah's weird knee landing transition animation which just looks awkward and unfinished. Both games I think have amazing animation. Sadly, I do think people treat TTT2 unfairly with practically everything, so that is no surprise at all. Virtua Fighter 5:FS animation is also amazing and imo, arguably the best animation out of any fighter.

DOA animations are fine as far as being smooth, but my main problem with them is that there's barely any force behind the kicks and punches.

Manbig

I would, but I have a paper that I should be working on, but am chatting in Aris's stream instead because I'm a jackass that procrastinates on his work.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It looks like the stream was lagging earlier before it rebooted. That's weird since I didn't see any frame drops on my end.

Sayah

When it's choppy like that, let me know next time. It's a software thing.

I thought it might have just been my crappy laptop. Even though, your stream has been running fine for me for a long while now. But yeah, I'll let you know next time.

It's cool. There's always next time. I need to come around more often. That was fun.

Yep. And your internet connections seems improved from last time too. :p

Good games tonight everyone. Kadey, as always thank you for the stream <3

I had about 10 or so heartbreaking losses tonight. All of them came down to the wire and I just could never close any of them out. Famicom you are the only person I beat tonight and I have no idea how that happened. All of my wins were fraudulent.

I've gone thru 2 PS3 controllers and the only Dual Shock 2 that works with my Etokki converter is now going to shit. So tired of these dpads messing up on me. I'm gonna have to try and get another DS2 before evo. Or maybe I should try playing on stick even though I've always enjoyed playing Tekken more on pad.

DEATH™

Good games tonight everyone. Kadey, as always thank you for the stream <3

I had about 10 or so heartbreaking losses tonight. All of them came down to the wire and I just could never close any of them out. Famicom you are the only person I beat tonight and I have no idea how that happened. All of my wins were fraudulent.

I've gone thru 2 PS3 controllers and the only Dual Shock 2 that works with my Etokki converter is now going to shit. So tired of these dpads messing up on me. I'm gonna have to try and get another DS2 before evo. Or maybe I should try playing on stick even though I've always enjoyed playing Tekken more on pad.

Buy a stick!!!!

Top Bottom