• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

You should feel horrible and ashamed to be playing a clone team in the first place Death!

When I thought about it, here are the top 5 of Toryuken:

1. KOR (Double Bob)
2. GM (Double Lee)
3. Rami (AKing,Yoshi)
4. Joel (Double Ling)
5. Russell (Double Bears)

(sigh) Those tossers might as well play solo mode :p

EDIT: OOps, It should be 1. GM 2. KOR, sorry, yeah GM destroyed him 6 games straight.

DEATH™

You should feel horrible and ashamed to be playing a clone team in the first place Death!

1. KOR (Double Bob)
2. GM (Double Lee)
3. Rami (AKing,Yoshi)
4. Joel (Double Ling)

I repeat, MICHELLE IS NOT A CLONE!!!

Michelle f+3~1 and MA >>>>>> Julia Roll and Deja Vu

:mad:

But LOL at the clone teams... lolololol

Sayah

Awesome stuff with that streak Dev.

Anyway, do people really like command training in say DoA5 more than the TTT2 method?
I mean command training forces you to go through every move, right? And TTT2 just lets you select whichever move to display on the screen and you go on from there. And you can demo it to make sure you do it right. Much more easy and convenient I would think.

1. KOR (Double Bob)
2. GM (Double Lee)
3. Rami (AKing,Yoshi)
4. Joel (Double Ling)

Well..............

I already said this in chat but yeah, I only approve of double bears as a clone team. Nope to everything else.

Sayah

How could you not approve of clone character teams? If the team is good there is nothing to approve or disapprove.

Sort of the same reason I don't approve of solo play.

It's awkward for me to face two clones or solo players. It's a tag game. When I deteriorate the health of one character, fighting the next character with a completely different moveset makes me rearrange my strategies and "look out" for new or different things. That, in return, improves my reactions (in a way, I guess). With clones, it's just more of the same and kind of (for me) deteriorates the playing experience when I'm facing them. I can use clones for fun sometimes but otherwise I don't really like them.

I know you use two Laws. I'm not saying you shouldn't use them. If that's the team you find to be the best for you, then you definitely should use them. Same way KOR or GM shouldn't switch if the clone teams are their best options. That's part of competitive play. You have to look at what works best for you.

But for me, personally, it's not something I approve of.

DEATH™

Awesome stuff with that streak Dev.

Anyway, do people really like command training in say DoA5 more than the TTT2 method?
I mean command training forces you to go through every move, right? And TTT2 just lets you select whichever move to display on the screen and you go on from there. And you can demo it to make sure you do it right. Much more easy and convenient I would think.

Well..............

I already said this in chat but yeah, I only approve of double bears as a clone team. Nope to everything else.

Command training in DoA is not really much... it's just going through the command list... Some find it useful, some find it unnecessary. You are right when you said you can put the command on the screen and watch the move preview if necessary, as it takes a idiot to still need the computer to say he did it right. I could understand if they want a mode like that for fun's sake but to ditch the game just because of that is like wanting your mom to spoonfeed you everyday...

Even just frames got a visual cue that screams at you that you did the right thing...

P.S. on all the clones, Miharu and Forest Law were the ones I see evolving into different characters... Forest Law feints can be Baek-like if used properly, and Miharu's added moves forces her to play a more traditional way than a more setup based Xiaoyu... I know some people disapprove of clones concept wise (and I do too), but when I see the added moves, even how small that is, I see how Team Tekken wants those characters to evolve...

Dereck

Two Laws team sucks, which is why I don't use that team in ranked. I use Forest/Miguel. There's no growth in that team. My point is that someone like FightingGM or KOR are very good with their teams, as long as there isn't spamming or scrubby strats I don't see a problem in using clone teams. The only thing I can say about people who exclusively use clone teams is that they aren't tapping into the potential of their team if they're using two of the same person, it seems lazy.

That's like if I only played with Forest Law and Marshall Law, and that's it. No knowledge of any other character and stubborness to use anyone else.

AAK

Haha, no I don't mind if someone who plays professionally and needs to win for money goes with solo or clone teams. But for someone who loves the game and wants to explore and enjoy the most out of it, clone teams are a very sad route to take for those people *unless* it's only for the moment to learn the character itself. But in that scenario, just play solo mode so you don't get accidental inputs ingrained in your memory during tag assault and such. In the end, playing clone teams is a real easy way to undermine so much potential this game has for all users to discover and wonder at.

Everything in this post was my opinion and definitely not fact :p

Dereck

Haha, no I don't mind if someone who plays professionally and needs to win for money goes with solo or clone teams. But for someone who loves the game and wants to explore and enjoy the most out of it, clone teams are a very sad route to take for those people *unless* it's only for the moment to learn the character itself. But in that scenario, just play solo mode so you don't get accidental inputs ingrained in your memory during tag assault and such. In the end, playing clone teams is a real easy way to undermine so much potential this game has for all users to discover and wonder at.

Everything in this post was my opinion and definitely not fact :p
As long as you know how to play with other teams besides clone teams, clone teams are OK.

Manbig

Man I played like shit tonight, but GGs to all.

Thatshot terrorized me when I first got the game and started playing online and I haven't really improved since then, so I was bound for the beatdown. Gonna have to hit the lab hardcore after the semester is over (just two weeks left!)

On another note, I was complaining about it some in chat, but it seems like my controller is having issues. I think my triangle button is kinda fucked up. Several times when I would try to hit 1+2, I would get 1 and then 2 even though I was buffering, so this should have been impossible. This led to a lot of weird shit like Drag constantly doing b1,2 instead of b1+2 vs people at the wall. Guess I'm gonna have to break in another pad... *sigh*

Manbig

Anyone know some good sites (youtube channels, whatevs) of console TTT2, tournaments, random matches, or otherwise?

It's been awhile since I've seen high-level play.

Thanks.

Not sure why you highlighted console. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited is the same game. If you want high level play, search for the player tags. People like Knee, JDCR, Fighting GM, KOR, Anakin, NYC FAB, and many others.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Downloading someone's stream and uploading it to YT is a big no no. Try doing that with Sp00ky and Levelup and see how they react. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Dereck

Damn no one is gonna talk about our ass beating yesterday? It's like Dad spanking all of his children for fucking up at school and then the next day no one mentions it.

You guys single-handley made me question my skill in Tekken, that stream should be taken down, no one should have to see that beating. In all seriousness though, I'll have to change my playstyle and reevaluate. GGs.

Degen

Thanks a lot Famicom. My next match got Dragunov knocked out of the turquoise ranks

Stop being so much better than I am you jerks

edit: FAMICOM STAHP

Woo. Feng demoted to 3rd Dan. And just the other day, Brawler was in reach. :lol

I just checked my character usage and there are still 13 characters I haven't played at all yet. Think I might mess around with Lei a bit.

Sayah

Damn no one is gonna talk about our ass beating yesterday? It's like Dad spanking all of his children for fucking up at school and then the next day no one mentions it.

You guys single-handley made me question my skill in Tekken, that stream should be taken down, no one should have to see that beating. In all seriousness though, I'll have to change my playstyle and reevaluate. GGs.

I was going to say AAK WAS BEATIN WITH THAT 21 WIN STREAK....but I really had to sleep. And after work all day, I came to gaf and posted in off-topic despite previously telling myself I would avoid that section like the plague. Why did I do that?

Yeah, I've been there before. Trust me......several times. From what I saw I actually think you did good. Don't feel bad. Sometimes it's just a bad night . I know I need to play more, especially against actual human opponents to experiment more. The AI on the hardest level is not cutting it anymore. AAK was on a roll. Wow, very impressive. There are a lot of high level, highly skilled players on GAF that will humble people, that's for sure. Good games.

Dereck

Yeah, I've been there before. Trust me......several times. From what I saw I actually think you did good. Don't feel bad. Sometimes it's just a bad night . I know I need to play more, especially against actual human opponents to experiment more. The AI on the hardest level is not cutting it anymore. AAK was on a roll. Wow, very impressive. There are a lot of high level, highly skilled players on GAF that will humble people, that's for sure. Good games.
Yep, I'm not even sure I want to keep playing Tekken.

Top Bottom