• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Manbig

GGs to Bout and Tera. Here's my advice from the little I recall of the matches.

Bout: Your patience was paying off a lot here. While I didn't throw you a lot, you weren't falling for a lot of my BS. Here's a few things you should know.

- Dragunov 1,3,1 is something like +1 on block but all highs. That's the string I started spamming on you that one round. You can crush it, duck under it, or even land law CH d2,3 if you wanna be ballsy about it.

- The second hit of Marduk's d/f4,2 (His knee into double axe handle bound move) is super unsafe on block. Mig gets hopkick and Law gets d/f2.

Tera: You sidestep A LOT. It's very rewarding with a character like Lili, but you gotta pick and choose your spots a little better. Most of the rounds I just started with Dragonuv's homing move because of this.

- Speaking of that Dragunov homing move, the second hit is a high so you can duck it and launch him. If he only does the first hit, he's at -13.

- When sidestepping vs Marduk, go towards his left. His only tracking options here are unsafe on block (The headbutt and the uppercut launch). Just watch out for that launcher. You can bait it by sidestepping right and cancel the sidestep into block if you think it's coming and punish it. His homing moves are way too slow to really use in an up close situation like this.

Dereck

GGs to Bout and Tera. Here's my advice from the little I recall of the matches.

Bout: Your patience was paying off a lot here. While I didn't throw you a lot, you weren't falling for a lot of my BS. Here's a few things you should know.

- Dragunov 1,2,1 is something like +1 on block but all highs. That's the string I started spamming on you that one round. You can crush it, duck under it, or even land law CH d2,3 if you wanna be ballsy about it.

- The second hit of Marduk's d/f4,2 (His knee into double axe handle bound move) is super unsafe on block. Mig gets hopkick and Law gets d/f2.
LMAO, yeah

I got Bob in there, and I didn't look like a fool that one match on the Unknown stage, very good match.

ShoNuff 71

Neo Member
Not sure if this is the place for this post. If it isn't, I apologize.

I'm putting in work with a Lars/ Lili team, and I'm having a problem with Lili's dash cancel. According to notations (both in game and youtube videos) following her ff+3 f move, you press up to cancel out of the dash immediately following her kick. I can't get the timing right on that.

I'm able to do it sporadically, but I'm wondering if there are some visual cues I need to look for. If anyone has advice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Sayah

Not sure if this is the place for this post. If it isn't, I apologize.

I'm putting in work with a Lars/ Lili team, and I'm having a problem with Lili's dash cancel. According to notations (both in game and youtube videos) following her ff+3 f move, you press up to cancel out of the dash immediately following her kick. I can't get the timing right on that.

I'm able to do it sporadically, but I'm wondering if there are some visual cues I need to look for. If anyone has advice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

This is the right place.

Are you trying to do Lili's f+1 after the cancel?

After you press f,f+3, f, you have to press UP to cancel and then press forward+1. The f+1 has to be pressed right after cancelling the forward dash with UP or otherwise she will do a big sidestep.

Edit: I tried it just now.

It's better if you hold the forward button after doing f,f+3. The dash will come out. Now let go of forward and you just press up during dash.

I'm also not a heavy Lili user so maybe Tera can probably provide better info.

This is the right place.

Are you trying to do Lili's f+1 after the cancel?

After you press f,f+3, f, you have to press UP to cancel and then press forward+1. The f+1 has to be pressed right after cancelling the forward dash with UP or otherwise she will do a big sidestep.

Edit: I tried it just now.

It's better if you hold the forward button after doing f,f+3. The dash will come out. Now let go of forward and you just press up during dash.

I'm also not a heavy Lili user so maybe Tera can probably provide better info.
That's basically what you do, pressing whatever you want to cancel into too soon after pressing u will give you a jumping move.

AAK

Toryuken was pretty awesome. I didn't talk to many people, but I did end up watching a lot of matches. It was pretty interesting. AAK, I didn't know who you were until Sunday, but by the time I realized it, you had disappeared. That Rami person was definitely a fascinating watch. Interestingly enough, it made me rethink about using Yoshimitsu.

Oh damn, you were there?? You should have hit me up! After TTT2 finals I played casuals for like 4 hours straight. Even got to do a FT5 with KOR (he destroyed me 5-1). Oh well, next time :)

AAK, Flying Wonkey, defectivelasangna...

Sent you guys an email.

Hi everyone <3

Awesome thanks MarkMan :)

Also caught the seasonal flu, won't be able to play any fighting games now with my nose constantly running :(

Today I went to a Costco about 25 minutes away from me since that location has cheap gas. There's a Target nearby thats connected to a mall so I went there to get some doggy treats and decided to check out the mall. Turns out they have a Tilt, so I go in and see a T6BR cab with an xbox in it and TTT2 is on. I was like fuck yeah. It cost a dollar to play for 14 mintues so I went ahead and put my money in. Turns out though, that the buttons are all fucked up and are on turbo or something. I remapped all the buttons but still the only thing that would happen was my characters taggin in and out non stop. I spent almost all of the 14 minutes trying to get the buttons to work but to no avail. In the end I just got one match in using solo mode but even then the 2,4 buttons were all outta whack.

TL;DR. I spent a dollar for a 14 minute button check =(

AAK

^^^
haha, That sounds like a sabotage job to get people to hate Tekken by making it eat their money Lol. Legit troll.

^^^
haha, That sounds like a sabotage job to get people to hate Tekken by making it eat their money Lol. Legit troll.

Yeah man =( I forgot to mention that they didnt even have Angel, Unknown, Kuni etc. Plug that shit up to the internet and get that update.

Kadey please please tell me the name of this song around 1:30:17. Its sooooo good and I must have it.
http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/400702057

I might join the lobby, gotta eat dinner first though.

AAK

Hey AAK, cool address. :p

Thanks again MarkMan, will let you know when it arrives!

I'll give any of you guys a royal welcome anytime you'd ever come :)

Tekken is too hard, requires too much energy and thought. Will take break. Well deserved after dem Green Ranks homie.

Taking breaks is sometimes the best thing you can do to improve your game. Give your brain some time to assimilate the knowledge :)

Manbig

So I was doing some messing around in practice mode against Bob and learned that you can react to his back swing blow and interrupt it before it even hits you. I was able to land a 15f CH move on reaction (Drag b4,2,1). I think I might stick with d/f1,4 for 13f just to play it safe, but I figure it's worth sharing in case someone is spamming this move on you since it's barely punishable on block anymore.

AAK

So I was doing some messing around in practice mode against Bob and learned that you can react to his back swing blow and interrupt it before it even hits you. I was able to land a 15f CH move on reaction (Drag b4,2,1). I think I might stick with d/f1,4 for 13f just to play it safe, but I figure it's worth sharing in case someone is spamming this move on you since it's barely punishable anymore.

Hmmm, can you react with d/f+1 from Marduk? I'm assuming the move's range has a lot of importance in getting the counter hit to connect? I could have sworn I tried to counterhit with Julia's b+2,1+2 but then I would be the one getting counter hit. haha.

Manbig

Hmmm, can you react with d/f+1 from Marduk? I'm assuming the move's range has a lot of importance in getting the counter hit to connect? I could have sworn I tried to counterhit with Julia's b+2,1+2 but then I would be the one getting counter hit. haha.

I haven't tried Marduk, but his 13f d/f4,2 has about the same range as Drag d/f1, so it will probably work. I figure if I'm gonna avoid a 15f move with Drag, I should probably do the same with Marduk.

The Key is actually waiting for him to move towards you instead of reacting to his backwards movement. You also want to avoid using highs here.

It obviously takes some practice, but it's honestly not very hard at all.

EDIT: So I decided to hook up some capture equipment and test out if I can stream since I recently got on Fios. Seemed okay outside of the part where I have to play on a standard def. set up and that totally ruins everything about my gameplay since I'm used to HD. Seeing the giant characters on my giant screen is pretty amusing though.

Sayah

DEATH™;57388114 said:
Sayah, gtham needs you right now...

Kdey, tht's Kevin, the julia mod in tz and troll extraordinaire

Sorry I couldn't play today. Was too exhausted.

I contributed to Tekken in other ways, though (and hopefully didn't go overboard).

AAK

Oh snap sorry guys, I was out of it and in the zone of Bioshock Infinite. Time to read up on what I missed.

EDIT: You guys fought Kevin? Haha. That guy is pretty good. He mastered the spacing to always land Julia's 4~2,1 that leads to a natural combo. It's pretty impressive. Only times I've ever beat him was by spamming hopkicks haha.

Kadey about the song my brother and I were buggin you about, the singer is singing "to walk to walk to walk to walk away." It started at 1:28:00 in the stream from the other night but twitch is being dumb and the archive is gone. If you could just let me know the song name and artist or even hook it up with a dl link it would be very much appreciated. You just dont know how much I'm in love with that song already.

Good games tonight ladies, dat 7 game win streak! Its far from 32 wins in a row but I gotta get a consolation prize or something right? lol Most of those wins were pure luck though. Just like Tera, and advice would be appreciated.

Manbig

DEATH™;57393800 said:
Great work my man...

@AAK man, he reminded me why I hated julia so much in DR... In the final game I had he's doing the elbow juggle and I went steaming...

nooohohohoho Julia in DR was WAAAAAAY more obnoxious...

Top Bottom