• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

Nah, like this tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tlc0RoWwx4&list=PLsmItQ84IFTOhC9VBFYi2vy2iBsFSQ8Cg#t=3m10s

DEATH™;57718792 said:
Darn I miss Urban reign... I kinda wish they bundled this with TTT2 like T5 bundled the older tekkens with it...

Edit sayah what programs do you use?

My video editing skills are limited to Windows Movie Maker but I'm willing to learn a new program.

DEATH™

Nah, like this tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tlc0RoWwx4&list=PLsmItQ84IFTOhC9VBFYi2vy2iBsFSQ8Cg#t=3m10s

My video editing skills are limited to Windows Movie Maker but I'm willing to learn a new program.

Darn Windows Movie Maker? you gonna need more than that lol... if you just want a simple Powerpoint-like style of presentation with basic transition effects that's fine, but if you want to step on the next level (like adding more style to your slides and stuff), you gotta have PS at least to make the slides... (I don't know much about using After Effects but meh... screw Adobe and their Capcom-like ways...)

Sayah

DEATH™;57720140 said:
Darn Windows Movie Maker? you gonna need more than that lol... if you just want a simple Powerpoint-like style of presentation with basic transition effects that's fine, but if you want to step on the next level (like adding more style to your slides and stuff), you gotta have PS at least to make the slides... (I don't know much about using After Effects but meh... screw Adobe and their Capcom-like ways...)

So what program would you recommend most?

DEATH™

So what program would you recommend most?

Depends on what you want... Because buying/borrowing/learning Premier or After Effects can be an overkill for a small-scale project (unless you want to continue doing vids). If I were you, I would just lean on making every slide/pic/text I have in Photoshop, and try to minimize all the work I do at WMM. It would be a bit of a work and it requires a bit of planning (well, every project does), but it's doable... and addicting...

I'm gonna look for some other freewares around somewhere too... Everything would be better than WMM... :)

A friend mine I met in ranked invited KOFTEKKEN into our room last night, I sent him a friend request.

Let's hope he accepted so I can invite him to GAF sessions.

Sayah

DEATH™;57725352 said:
Depends on what you want... Because buying/borrowing/learning Premier or After Effects can be an overkill for a small-scale project (unless you want to continue doing vids). If I were you, I would just lean on making every slide/pic/text I have in Photoshop, and try to minimize all the work I do at WMM. It would be a bit of a work and it requires a bit of planning (well, every project does), but it's doable... and addicting...

I'm gonna look for some other freewares around somewhere too... Everything would be better than WMM... :)

Yeah, this is just for that tutorial I've been working on.

And as far as photo editing and stuff goes, I've been using Adobe Fireworks instead of Photoshop. I have no clue why.

But still, I need to know how to get that little reel on the bottom of the video so I can show input commands.

I might have a lobby tonight if I'm not dead asleep from this crappy weather and allergies.

I can probably play but not for long as I have work in the morning.

Degen

Alisa was supposed to be a troll character but the gimmicks kinda grew on me

I paired her online with some other characters I like besides Ogre/jaguars and she out-performed everybody but Jack-6 without knowing any juggles. It was great. Rage Mode Alisa can bring somebody from full health to zero in like 4 seconds

still a 0-10 matchup vs Famicom though

OkeyD matches, I just uploaded the whole session with Lei, it would have been too much work to split the matches up, I'm lazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY2ytfjkEqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XevydOjf9K0

I just realized that these aren't even in HD, which sucks because I deleted the replays already.

Hey, these aren't as embarrassing as I thought. I'm not punishing anything and combos are dropping everywhere but that's the internet's fault. lol, that one match where Law got squished for sliding.

Dereck

Hey, these aren't as embarrassing as I thought. I'm not punishing anything and combos are dropping everywhere but that's the internet's fault. lol, that one match where Law got squished for sliding.
I dropped Bob combos everywhere, always happens to me online even with 5 bars.

Dereck

Oh......that goes to show that I haven't watched Tekken replays on my profile in a long time.
It's pretty cool, you can turn them off. I don't remember if you can turn off health bars too or not.

Go on the leaderboards and download high level replays from the top players on PSN. I have about 20 of them saved, interesting matches I tell you.

It's pretty cool, you can turn them off. I don't remember if you can turn off health bars too or not.

Go on the leaderboards and download high level replays from the top players on PSN. I have about 20 of them saved, interesting matches I tell you.

I downloaded some matches from the replays on the leaderboards and I cannot remember if I toggled with those settings or not. I probably did, but forgot since it's been a while. Yeah, I found some really good match-ups.

Naar

Guys the November update for TTT2 had Dr. B, Violent, and Unknown right?

Is it part of the 1.03 update? Cause I just updated the PS3 and don't see those characters or if anything changed

Edit: Or do I have to download from PS Store? Cause even then all I see on PS Store is music tracks for TTT2

Dereck

Guys the November update for TTT2 had Dr. B, Violent, and Unknown right?

Is it part of the 1.03 update? Cause I just updated the PS3 and don't see those characters or if anything changed

Edit: Or do I have to download from PS Store? Cause even then all I see on PS Store is music tracks for TTT2
Turn off your PS3, turn it back on, see if you get another update.

Isn't the update 1.03 for Dr. B and the rest? If so I have that update and did turn it off a couple of times already

IIRC, the characters were unlocked when you just went online with the game and not with the update. (Characters were found on the disk)

Try going online once, or just reset the game while you are online.

Naar

IIRC, the characters were unlocked when you just went online with the game and not with the update. (Characters were found on the disk)

Try going online once, or just reset the game while you are online.

Thanks! That did it! These are PS3's for a tournament and there was no PS3 account set up!

So I set up an account and BOOM! Everything unlocked! :D

Sigh gotta get the other PS3's out now and do this multiple times now -.-

Sayah

DEATH™;57834734 said:
" Deaht tell Sayah I'm sorry about the guy he played against last night"

-Zts_upstate at WNF chat

Just passing the message...

I didn't really mind it. Thanks for setting up matches if you're reading ZTS.

He may have even had legit points. Criticism is sometimes the best thing you need to get better.

GrayFoxPL

Hi guys, didn't report for a while, but I'm getting up to speed with a new team of Inglorious Bastards - Bryan&Heihachi.

Btw I got only one good pad for fighting games. To loosen the dpad even more the pad was put apart and back again. This made the dpad HYPER sensitive. I'm not kidding - if you briefly push diagonal the training mode command can register it as 3-4 inputs even, crazy shit like d,df,df,df for one diagonal push lol.

Anyway what I'm getting at. I used to do Omen TGF with Hei and jfsr with Hwo in the old days without too much problem. Now the oversensitive dpad won't let me do precise f-n-df.
I went for over an hour in practice mode trying to do OTGF - nothing. I watched the arrows on the screen and the closest the dpad let me do was f,n,df,df1 for the most brief push of df diagonal. I gave up.

But today after a good day of online fighting with my bastards team I was sitting in training lobby between matches and thought I'll train TGF for lolz. I did and wtf?! OTGF? How did this happen? I tried again and again and managed to do 4 OTGF before someone challenged me shortly after.

I have zero idea why it worked. Totally I'm mind blown. Lolz. I must turn off show inputs in practice. Since I could do it by some miracle in online lobby mode.

DEATH™

Hi guys, didn't report for a while, but I'm getting up to speed with a new team of Inglorious Bastards - Bryan&Heihachi.

Btw I got only one good pad for fighting games. To loosen the dpad even more the pad was put apart and back again. This made the dpad HYPER sensitive. I'm not kidding - if you briefly push diagonal the training mode command can register it as 3-4 inputs even, crazy shit like d,df,df,df for one diagonal push lol.

Anyway what I'm getting at. I used to do Omen TGF with Hei and jfsr with Hwo in the old days without too much problem. Now the oversensitive dpad won't let me do precise f-n-df.
I went for over an hour in practice mode trying to do OTGF - nothing. I watched the arrows on the screen and the closest the dpad let me do was f,n,df,df1 for the most brief push of df diagonal. I gave up.

But today after a good day of online fighting with my bastards team I was sitting in training lobby between matches and thought I'll train TGF for lolz. I did and wtf?! OTGF? How did this happen? I tried again and again and managed to do 4 OTGF before someone challenged me shortly after.

I have zero idea why it worked. Totally I'm mind blown. Lolz. I must turn off show inputs in practice. Since I could do it by some miracle in online lobby mode.

Remember, the benefits of practice comes after a good time-off/rest... You won't see the results of practice, during practice... The problem is people want to see results now... which isn't the case almost all the time. It's great that it clicks on you now...

------------

A great gem on Harada's twitter
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkatuh

Harada_TEKKEN via google translate said:
You and I think I heard a rather the people who give me a more appropriate answer than listen to me is good, because it is a hard question to answer publicly me for such hard I though I'm (to answer).
If you would answer seriously, then looks to be long (http://goo.gl/59bbU) at the same level as that answer the question of game balance so and the other day.

> Recent game feels like it is made for the self-satisfaction of the hand making.

↑
I think this "self-satisfaction of the builder" comes true, then is not on the market in the world quite endlessly if I continue making.
I do may seem that creating what they endlessly convinced, it is possible to self-realization is to be.
In order of game you want to achieve as a creator, (development costs as well, and laughs) time it cause I want above all.
Oh, though, "depending on the sense of self-satisfaction" of course.

> Harada do you maybe make a game for everyone?
> Is it such for the user, seemingly for yourself.

This I though I would did you answer that was different also, if it is time to question the 20's.

Aside the order in which they write from now, these four "customer", "shareholder", "company" and "your (or family)", and broadly classified by the game to make but I'm up to this if you be happy.
However, it is not difficult it is to achieve this from me, all well aligned balance.
Align such as two such as one of these four elements is the'm able to easily once or twice.
In order to properly align all four, (and I'm originally thought) and it any I'm not supposed to become a victim.
I think the happiness of four, there is also happiness What fun of the game, there is money (profit), to be a great success making hand such as do not break the body, that is if they meet properly the one happy 4 different in each.

It is difficult to achieve this, because of difficult to take balance Stated differently, where toll or gone? There is a situation that occurs me.
There may also be seen in the medium to long term, shall prevail at that time by the change.
What some of you do not change the absolute, is that you should not change the priority of there in terms of know everyone of course really.
However, as a result, even that Jan does not know when you see from the side! Can look me are many and there will be, but somewhere out of the balance of these four It looks are you collapse it.

And then will no longer lead and then when I have I thought - do you have the audience even profitable.
Or even, reputation of the game is good, even if profitable, it will not lead then make hand if I fall down, I such as.
You might think it or "good dead if you make what the user is pleased with".
Good stuff terribly is made temporarily, users will be happy, companies investor also even profitable, After the builder has fallen, from the perspective of one of the four perspectives that too, which is also made of place to say BigbosS_3pw kun so I do become self-satisfaction of hand.
And if I do how Uri unprofitable such as mechanisms unprofitable reputation of the game is at best very, shareholders who becomes unhappy, the company I'll get crushed following let alone not make investment is reduced.

It is a translation There are many extreme example like the above well, but I was trying to balance such difficult anyway but did not work, the toll somewhere these four results. I think and Moraeru imagine from that, and if they can realize that there are the various perspectives and patterns and a portion of "for whom". There, you can ask them to bite is the nature of the original that creator has (including etc. I wish would be happy everyone I want to make of such, and I want to play for such, I wish I could be of such, if you do this people, and Zhi), I think Only then and you know if you have to imagine you can reverse a variety of case studies.

--- I'm sorry in terribly boring answer that.

You are listening carefully "rude very suddenly, And I would ask a question of long but. Please forgive me," and I, and from me, "What Harada's not caught in the immigration and customs?" Or something better to be a "really rude question" is'm easy (laughs).

RT @ BigbosS_3pw:
Good evening Mr. Harada. Rude very suddenly, yet I would ask a question of long, but please forgive me.

Harada Do you maybe make a game for everyone?
Is it such for the user, seemingly for yourself.

For the second year in college now, has never played some old games like a game from the old days from the effects of my parents.
I have wanted to work related to the game something in the future, but I feel the question the way of recent games.

For example, delivery of bug fixes and sale of paid DLC on-line of the game hard.
I think that is a system that benefits very in that it can deliver as paid DLC the minute you do not fit in the media really, delivery patch for the bug unexpected that it can be.
Recently, however, it is not said to feel you lie down the company name, game name, but to have the so-called "DLC Code" or clearly manufacturer or "debug", was released while there is a bug problem that notice just to play normally I feel such games as have been many. I think the people of the creator and has produced it hard, but if from the user, if it says it is not a "unfinished product".
You would think, There might be a thought for bugs and glitches, the "will do just fine and Guess patch".
This time the content of "game" has been established, a recent game feels like it is made for the self-satisfaction of the hand making.

The is that it can not be helped, I know to say to Mr. Harada, but I was allowed to post want to receive your comments on the Harada is the position of the "creator".

We have long rude.

Dude's job sucks... Trying to please everyone as a developer sucks...

GrayFoxPL

DEATH™;57876732 said:
Remember, the benefits of practice comes after a good time-off/rest... You won't see the results of practice, during practice... The problem is people want to see results now... which isn't the case almost all the time. It's great that it clicks on you now...

------------
A great gem on Harada's twitter
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkatuh

Dude's job sucks... Trying to please everyone as a developer sucks...

Yeah, you're right on both topics.

About Harada, no doubt why he drinks so much. No, really. This might come off as mocking but I really worry Harada drinks too much. I know it's stress and making one franchise since 1994 is crazy but alcohol can ruin him physically and mentally.

DEATH™

Yeah, you're right on both topics.

About Harada, no doubt why he drinks so much. No, really. This might come off as mocking but I really worry Harada drinks too much. I know it's stress and making one franchise since 1994 is crazy but alcohol can ruin him physically and mentally.

Yeah... seriously...

It sucks too that Tekken is so good that it pleases a broad audience, but the problem now is he came to a crossroads where one players base wants this and the other wants that and you can't please everyone... and when you do something one fanbase will get mad and you lose customers... While you also have other players who really don't want your game and try to please them too if they want to change their minds... And you do all this while not trying to piss off your stockholders and calming them down when hearing the customers do stupid complaints...

(This is the same reason why I hate people wanting a "reboot" for this franchise right now... Especially when playing and seeing what happened in Tekken 4 which basically hurt the franchise. This game does a really good job at taking care of characters that every single one got a decent to great following. I would be happy for just one more numbered game with the current roster and game design before I move on with my life at least.)

AAK

Manbig making a Marduk tutorial? Oh man, you guys are in for a treat! Wanna get top 8 at a road to EVO event? Watch his tutorial ;)

I tried to rank the character ease of use based on my limited knowledge of the game. It's tough to do because what's hard to one person isn't necessarily hard to someone else.

Easy to pick up, plenty of gimmicks to lean on (but don't lean too hard!) while you learn the fundamentals:
Alisa
Asuka
Feng
Jun/Unknown
King
Kunimitsu
Lili/Sebastian

Easy to pick up, but will require some decent fundamentals before you can start winning:
Bruce
Jack/P-Jack
Jinpachi
Kuma/Panda
Leo
Marshall/Forest Law
Miguel
Ogre
Paul
Roger/Alex

Not hard to use, but require very good fundamentals and understanding of the character, executional difficulty varies:
Anna
Armor King
Bob/Slim Bob
Bryan
Dragunov
Heihachi
Jaycee/Michelle
Jin
Lars
Lee/Violet
Marduk
Wang
Xiayou/Miharu
Yoshimitsu

A long hard road for mastery, execution and knowledge are a must:
Angel
Baek
Devil Jin
Kazuya

Tekken PhD required:
Hwoarang
Lei
Mokujin (lol)
Nina
Raven
Steve
Zafina

Not ranked because I have no idea:
Ancient Ogre
Dr. B
Eddy/Christie/Tiger
Ganryu

Interesting List... and really well done I might add :)

Few things I disagree with, Marshall is definitely a tier more challenging to play than Forest. King IMO also doesn't belong in the super easy category, definitely higher. Heihachi and Baek I feel should be switched. And the whole category containing the Mishima's should be Tekken Post Doc required LOL. And I think Nina belongs in that list too. But really well done man.

Also, ECT Pool entries are up!

http://ecthrowdown.com/tekken-tag-tournament-2-pools/

Really really small attendance for an East Coast Tekken Major :( Winter Brawl had like 3x this much and Final round had like 5x as much. I don't see your name there Sayah, or the handle Dark Paladin you went by at Apex, I thought you registered?

And I couldn't understand anything from Google Translations lol. Hope someone that knows Japanese can summarize it. But about the future of Tekken. We have to come to terms with it. If not the characters/story the system is most definitely gonna get a reboot. It's obvious now because pressure is coming from Namco because TTT2 is doing worse than T6 in both the arcades and consoles. The pressure is coming from the metacritic casuals eating up MK9/P4A/Injustice/etc. The only people that are relishing this version are the online warriors and tournament goers and we're unfortunately a minority. Tekken 7 will be massively different from the Tekken right now, might as well come to terms with it now before disappointment.

GrayFoxPL

I bow my head to anyone who can combo Bryan's Knee Taunt cancel into upper or even f214. Probably hardest thing in game. The frames are crazy.

Knee is a cyborg alien.

Edit: Harada wont reboot Tekken over some casuals. They mean nothing. He knows people spent years to learn the game. It's more probable the game will be even more hardcore on high play levels. Biggest change that could happen is my dreamy Tekken Zero prequel with new-old characters, but no way even that would change the Tekken fundamentals.

AAK

I bow my head to anyone who can combo Bryan's Knee Taunt cancel into upper or even f214. Probably hardest thing in game. The frames are crazy.

Knee is a cyborg alien.

I could never do it, not even once.................... on a pad/stick.

I did manage to pull if off on a hitbox.

Sayah

Manbig making a Marduk tutorial? Oh man, you guys are in for a treat! Wanna get top 8 at a road to EVO event? Watch his tutorial ;)

Few things I disagree with, Marshall is definitely a tier more challenging to play than Forest. King IMO also doesn't belong in the super easy category, definitely higher. Heihachi and Baek I feel should be switched. And the whole category containing the Mishima's should be Tekken Post Doc required LOL. And I think Nina belongs in that list too. But really well done man.

Really really small attendance for an East Coast Tekken Major :( Winter Brawl had like 3x this much and Final round had like 5x as much. I don't see your name there Sayah, or the handle Dark Paladin you went by at Apex, I thought you registered?

And I couldn't understand anything from Google Translations lol. Hope someone that knows Japanese can summarize it. But about the future of Tekken. We have to come to terms with it. If not the characters/story the system is most definitely gonna get a reboot. It's obvious now because pressure is coming from Namco because TTT2 is doing worse than T6 in both the arcades and consoles. The pressure is coming from the metacritic casuals eating up MK9/P4A/Injustice/etc. The only people that are relishing this version are the online warriors and tournament goers and we're unfortunately a minority. Tekken 7 will be massively different from the Tekken right now, might as well come to terms with it now before disappointment.

A real depressing story on my part because I was going to register but couldn't (even if I didn't end up going). But things got in the way.

What is the next big east coast major?

AAK

Ah well, shit happens. Next big major for the east coast? Nothing really I suppose. The Fall Classic would be the next east coast "major" which I believe is happening in North Carolina around September. But there will be regional tournaments going down throughout. Massachussets will have guts 2 in June and there is Summer Jam in Philadelphia Mid August.

EDIT: And there is CEO but that's more South than East Coast IMO haha.

DEATH™

No, we're not the massive minority as you think bro... It just sucks though that we live in a place where Tekken isn't as big... In other countries, tekken is big and growing... The game coming out at the time DoA 5, Sleeping Dogs and Borderlands 2 came out and you see that the game is doing just fine... I don't want a reboot because I came to accept that some people have a great vendetta against Tekken for some reason. From some die-hard DOA fans (and FG scrubs in general, see xnalara sites), to people who got mad salty about the game, and even those Capcom stream monsters that will hate the game even with hype fights (see WNF last night). Those guys will hate Tekken because its Tekken. And even if you try to cater for them, they don't know what they clearly want in the game anyway and they will still hate the rebooted product.

This is why I'm saying a reboot right now is pointless in the long run. Besides, SF4 boomed because of nostalgia, not because of a stripped down mechanic. The "dumbing down" of FGs will just make us more niche in the long run. Even Injustice didn't sell as much despite having DC chars. (It should be at a million at this point). Constantly pumping out FGs with barebones mechanics will just bore the casual crowd. "Whats the point of buying injustice if I can get my fix with vanilla sf4? Its the same game anyways?" (Frankly speaking, casual players only have usually 1 FG at most. Some do have vanilla sf4 still...)

AAK

The haters are also just another minority as far as I can tell (even smaller than the people who are Tekken fans). They're just more vocal about it. Those people don't matter to anyone, even Namco. Tekken is still doing well in the east, BUT as far as I know judging from the monthly arcadia rankings and anecdotes from the Koreans like JDCR/Rain TTT2 is definitely less popular than T6BR despite fixing so many problems that game had like the movement and how safe hopkicks were among other things.

As any public corporation's workings go, if your product isn't going up, then you're going to implement change. So I am expecting Namco to force it for Tekken 7.

DEATH™

The haters are also just another minority as far as I can tell (even smaller than the people who are Tekken fans). They're just more vocal about it. Those people don't matter to anyone, even Namco. Tekken is still doing well in the east, BUT as far as I know judging from the monthly arcadia rankings and anecdotes from the Koreans like JDCR/Rain TTT2 is definitely less popular than T6BR despite fixing so many problems that game had like the movement and how safe hopkicks were among other things.

As any public corporation's workings go, if your product isn't going up, then you're going to implement change. So I am expecting Namco to force it for Tekken 7.

The problem is, the one of the haters reviewed TTT2 in a company called IGN. Some FGC Tekken haters would also make a newbie to say "hey that game sucks and its dead, let's play Marvel instead", you'll hear those "FG veterans" at XNALara how TTT2 is a broken game, and as obnoxious that is, it is affecting those who want to play the game to not bother, especially those who are in the fence.

What I'm saying is why bother pleasing the guys who don't want the game anyways? You can say this as a defense to your stockholders. Starcraft 2 didn't try to make itself easier to attract newbs who haven't played SC1, what they did is to make the players dip to the game and make them appreciate the beauty of the game. They made the depth as one of the main attraction. Same thing with Dark Souls, and same with Tekken. Now, would Dark Souls 2 needs to be way easier to attract Skyrim players? Heee NO!! Even the ex-skyrim players will hate that... The one thing the Tekken team needs to do is to make people see and appreciate the depth of the game, which means better tutorials and a lengthy story mode that will introduce them to the mechanics of the game. People won't get into the game by just getting juggled and not knowing why.

P.S. Fight Lab is good, but not everyone played it... and it's still a bit lacking... Integrate that to a proper story mode that they have no choice to play the "tutorial" to get the ending movies and that's good....

P.S.S. I think Tekken 6 also have this kind of situation... Apparently the game proved to have long legs... We'll see about TTT2... The game only have 200k to beat... and it still did this far despite coming out along with blockbuster games and Wii U bombing in general...

EDIT AGAIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=13mZZfYrOAI

#BUFFLARS

To be truthfully honest, I think the tag mechanics is mostly what scared some of the fighting game community off. I think the game is now considered too "hardcore" for casual and less dedicated Tekken players judging by all of the professionals online now and there are some former Tekken players who just cannot or will not spend ample time to adapt to the new gameplay mechanics. Most of my Tekken friends went back to Tekken 6 after playing TTT2. I asked why did you go back to Tekken 6 or Tekken 5: DR and they said TTT2 is way too difficult to learn, too many amazing players online that obliterate them or they cannot get used to the new tagging system. I am assuming Tekken 7 will go back to single play and I think that could bring back some of the former Tekken fanbase.

I don't think Harada will or should reboot Tekken essentially meaning a"dumbed down" version of the game we all know so well just to please some casuals who do not particularly care for fighters in the first place. Why risk losing your admirably immense fanbase of loyal Tekken players just to try to garner a few casual gamers who never really cared for the game in the first place. I really don''t think there would be much middle ground for the hardcore and casuals. Reboots worked wonders for DmC and Ninja Gaiden, didn't it?

DEATH™

To be truthfully honest, I think the tag mechanics is mostly what scared some of the fighting game community off. I think the game is now considered "hardcore" judging by all of the professionals online now and there are some former Tekken players who just cannot or will not spend ample time to adapt to the new gameplay mechanics. Most of my Tekken friends went back to Tekken 6 after playing TTT2. I asked why did you go back to Tekken 6 or Tekken 5: DR and they said TTT2 is way too difficult, too many amazing players online or they cannot get used to the new tagging system. I am assuming Tekken 7 will go back to single play and I think that could bring back some of the former Tekken fanbase.

I don't think Harada will or should reboot Tekken essentially meaning a"dumbed down" version of the game we all know so well just to please some casuals who do not particularly care for fighters in the first place. Reboots worked wonders for DmC and Ninja Gaiden, didn't it?

This pretty much...

Though former Tekken players? I guess not everybody started playing Tekken in TTT1...

AAK

IGN is only one outlet. Unfortunately Namco and every other big publisher is going to look at metacritic for the major concensus. And yes, TTT2's metacritic is relatively low considering the praise it has been getting. I've never heard of xnalara before.

I like the example of Starcraft 2. Yes it is still pretty technical and in depth with all the units, abilities, and such. But it went this route because it is the successor of Brood War which is one of the best selling and most celebrated RTS games ever made. And so far, SC2 definitely isn't performing as good as Brood War did in the casual and especially competitive circuit. I'm sure Blizzard is going to see this and they will take certain measures to get more sales for SC3 whenever it releases. T6BR did incredibly well for Namco so they let the Tekken team build from it for TTT2 and get the awesome product we have today similar to how Blizzard went from Brood War to SC2. Now, with TTT2 underperforming I'm pretty sure they will take action.

I'm sure Blizzard is looking at how LOL is pretty much destroying SC2 now which is a significantly simpler game to play compared to SC2 and it is pretty much the most played game of all time.

Namco is looking at everything and I'm sure they want in on all this appeal. I'd love if they stayed true to Tekken the way it is similar to how AM2 and Sega keep Virtua Fighter's purity. But I have to be realistic with myself and acknowledge that it's a pipe dream for me and Namco's priority is obviously to gain the mass appeal.

DEATH™

IGN is only one outlet. Unfortunately Namco and every other big publisher is going to look at metacritic for the major concensus. And yes, TTT2's metacritic is relatively low considering the praise it has been getting. I've never heard of xnalara before.

I like the example of Starcraft 2. Yes it is still pretty technical and in depth with all the units, abilities, and such. But it went this route because it is the successor of Brood War which is one of the best selling and most celebrated RTS games ever made. And so far, SC2 definitely isn't performing as good as Brood War did in the casual and especially competitive circuit. I'm sure Blizzard is going to see this and they will take certain measures to get more sales for SC3 whenever it releases. T6BR did incredibly well for Namco so they let the Tekken team build from it for TTT2 and get the awesome product we have today similar to how Blizzard went from Brood War to SC2. Now, with TTT2 underperforming I'm pretty sure they will take action.

I'm sure Blizzard is looking at how LOL is pretty much destroying SC2 now which is a significantly simpler game to play compared to SC2 and it is pretty much the most played game of all time.

Namco is looking at everything and I'm sure they want in on all this appeal. I'd love if they stayed true to Tekken the way it is similar to how AM2 and Sega keep Virtua Fighter's purity. But I have to be realistic with myself and acknowledge that it's a pipe dream for me and Namco's priority is obviously to gain the mass appeal.

AAK, no way you're saying in SC3 would be dumbed down...NO WAY... Starcraft is a franchise, and huge one at that. You want to keep the integrity of the franchise... Activision knows this. They know how good the brand is. If the producers can get away with having no deadlines and takes years of beta testing and delays after delays just to get the right balance, you know they take pride in gameplay. TBH that reasoning is flawed, does Star Wars need to be like Marvel since Marvel is more popular right now? You need to understand how powerful a brand is.

Example is Command and Conquer... I love that RTS... It got a chance to compete with Starcraft long time ago, but since it got taken over by EA, they are forced to make unbalanced and not so fun games after another and relying on making colorful explosions and actors to, guess what, attract the casuals. The final nail in the coffin was CNC 4, where they tried to divert away completely from the Command and Conquer we all know and love. And now, CNC is now in the Free-2-Play bin and the brand is pretty much ruined...

P.S. The closest drastic change Tekken can have is having meter to do moves like EWGF just to help the noobs yet people that can do EWGF can still do it regularly...

or... wait for it... Bind-a-move...

Sayah

Namco will probably try to create a balance so they can attract newcomers/casuals but also keep their main hardcore fanbase happy.

I'm trying to think how Tekken can evolve further after TTT2 for Tekken 7. Like where can we go after this? What can be done to the gameplay to make it deeper, more satisfying and simultaneously appealing to casuals? What features and additions can be made or experimented with?

Tekken X Street Fighter will no doubt serve as the testing ground for this sort of stuff.
DEATH™;57916222 said:
P.S. The closest drastic change Tekken can have is having meter to do moves like EWGF just to help the noobs yet people that can do EWGF can still do it regularly...

or... wait for it... Bind-a-move...

SFXTK tried this whole "do moves you can't usually do but sacrifice meter and gems in the process" and I think the whole thing is retarded. I don't even think such a feature attracted casuals.

Lobby tonight.

What time are you going up?

Tag 2 reviewed the best out of the recent crop of 3D fighters (SCV, VF5:FS and DOA5) and better than Injustice too. I think it deserves a higher metascore, but an 83 is nothing to scoff at. I don't believe critics (on the whole) have any bias against the series.

Sayah

I can go up anytime.

I can probably only play for an hour or two right now because I have work to go to in the morning.

If other people can play, post so we can start a lobby. :)

Tag 2 reviewed the best out of the recent crop of 3D fighters (SCV, VF:FS and DOA5) and better than Injustice too. I think it deserves a higher metascore, but an 83 is nothing to scoff at. I don't believe critics (on the whole) have any bias against the series.

Critics, on the whole, don't have any bias against the series. But critics, on the whole, also do not know or understand the game's mechanics and are essentially button mashing their way through arcade mode to write their reviews. If even half of these critics understood the game's depth, Tekken would probably be at 90 on metacritic.

Top Bottom