• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, I like what boutdown is doing when he slides, it seems very effective.

I have a pretty good understanding of spacing between the characters and their moves now I think but I don't remember what CH set ups and oki set ups are? And poking, that is just those small punches to break the other players attacks?

Counter Hit set ups are when you worked up a frame advantage, so your next move comes out earlier then opponent's who wants to retaliate. Counter hit set up's can also be done by purposely whiffing a move from a string to provoke opponent and counter hit him with delayed other move from that string or other move if recovery allows that. There's tones of that.

Oki set ups are done on grounded, waking up opponents. Basically you use movement and specific moves to control opponent. Like if he rolls, this move will pick him up for a juggle, if he lies close to wall this and this move will hit him repeatedly, If he tries a get up kick I can use this to jump over him and get his back. This will hit him if he tech rolls. Etc.

Pokes are quick moves, safe or relatively safe that you can spam basically due to their quick recovery.

Sayah

Guys.

Never laughed so hard in my life. WOW.

Highlights of Aris' stream yesterday:

Losing to a solo Lei player after winning once(BlazingPeanut):
www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle/b/422291182?t=16m2s

Losing AGAIN(5 minute rage):
www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle/b/422291182?t=30m46s

THEN losing to a Dr B in full shenanigan mode:
www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle/b/422291182?t=48m50s

AAAAAAAND again(giving Dr B a promotion):
www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle/b/422291182?t=65m36s

I'm wheezing over here...

Aris in rage mode = comedy gold

Manbig

Watching the Aris video was funny but there was way too much salt involved for such a high level player (I assume he is, only recently learned about him, his tutorials are good). Does Rip save his Streams as well? I saw him lose against a Kazuya laser spammer in Revolution, and the live reaction from him and the feed was amazing. He took it with dignity, though.

The Aris salt is one of the primary reasons to watch it. He hams it up extra for the stream obviously, but still manages to make it funny in the process. It's really something you have to watch live with the chat to get.

ATP Live

"Avoiding the Production value" Live

An essay on how to run the most amateur, low budget public access channel quality show of all time.

And STILL be hilarious as !%%*$

Would anybody happen to know of any Kunimitsu/Jun tag assault combos I could use? I've been practicing a lot with this team but I honestly have no idea how to come up with effective tag assault combos. I'm going to go to a casual session tonight (finally) so I'd like something to use at least..

GrayFoxPL

Would anybody happen to know of any Kunimitsu/Jun tag assault combos I could use? I've been practicing a lot with this team but I honestly have no idea how to come up with effective tag assault combos. I'm going to go to a casual session tonight (finally) so I'd like something to use at least..

I don't know about kuni, but Jun Tag fillers I used:

b+2,1,4
ff+2,3 - strongest two hit filler
f+3,f+1+2,2
b+2,1,f+1+2,2 - if early bound.

AAK

^^^
I'm guessing it's fake. As far as I know Sp00ky doesn't play on PS3, he plays on Xbox. Also, his main character is Bryan from Tekken 6, so I doubt it's his account. I could be wrong though.

About the ATP episode, RiB and Kayyal's attiutude is the right one. Stop pretending to act like Tournament Organizers and just play the game and enjoy it.

I don't know about kuni, but Jun Tag fillers I used:

b+2,1,4
ff+2,3 - strongest two hit filler
f+3,f+1+2,2
b+2,1,f+1+2,2 - if early bound.

Thanks!

I went to the gaming casuals but not a single person who played Tekken showed up. It was pretty depressing, but in those 4 hours I did end up experimenting with other characters. I'm actually kinda liking Michelle, but it seems like the execution seems kind of rough. Gotta grind that out. Team Milf seems like it would be pretty awesome...

GrayFoxPL

Thanks!

I went to the gaming casuals but not a single person who played Tekken showed up. It was pretty depressing, but in those 4 hours I did end up experimenting with other characters. I'm actually kinda liking Michelle, but it seems like the execution seems kind of rough. Gotta grind that out. Team Milf seems like it would be pretty awesome...

No problem. Yeah team milf would rock.

AAK

Damn, Aris is really grinding on those flapping butterfly combo's! He's getting 93~94 damage combo's for tag buffered juggles alone. No Walls.

Nina is insane.... but doing all those combo's in a real match is kinda iffy.

TheWriter

Finally an Aris stream I can watch live again. Still rocking Dragunov I see.

I did my first 9 hit BnB combo today multiple times in very tight matches. That is such a good feeling, just keeping the opponent flying forever. Back then, I could never do it with this consistency. Alisa is amazing. Now, whenever I have to change back to Angel in a match, I'm getting slaughtered. Need to learn her better as well. Gosh, so much to do, so much to learn.
Still lose against Kazuya and the Capoeiras, they are my bane.

AAK, when people are talking about the Changs and they refer to Shotgun and Elbow, what moves are they talking about? I'm guessing Elbow is d,df+1?

Sayah

Hey Sayah, do you have any Nina/Michelle combos?

Sorry for the lateness. Was busy and finally took some time out and recorded some stuff.

I don't use Nina/Michelle team all that much but this is what I could come up with in practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv-EVaOBzAw

If you need something like the video I posted above for Kuni/Jun or whichever other character, let me know.

Oh wow, something like that video would be a HUGE help! I'd probably need notations though...

Umm...I was using Kuni/Jun for a while, but after that long play session I've really grown to like Michelle. So if you don't mind, could I have a Michelle/Jun video?

Sayah

Oh wow, something like that video would be a HUGE help! I'd probably need notations though...

Umm...I was using Kuni/Jun for a while, but after that long play session I've really grown to like Michelle. So if you don't mind, could I have a Michelle/Jun video?

Sure. Let me see what I can come up with. And I'll turn on notations for you.

DEATH™

Thanks, trying to find how to segregate the thing... it looks like every player from every game is crammed on one doc so yeah...

EDIT Grayfox NOOOO

What happened?

Gambit61

So how do you guys deal with Lili's flip df3+4? I can't seem to do anything against it, at least online. I'd rather take a helmbreaker/footdive than get hit by that damn move lol

So how do you guys deal with Lili's flip df3+4? I can't seem to do anything against it, at least online. I'd rather take a helmbreaker/footdive than get hit by that damn move lol

Manny posted about this a while back.

Yeah I'm talking about Lili's d/f3+4. Don't know the actual frame data, but you have to remember that she's backturned after it, so the frame data is a bit screwy. Here's my understanding of how it works.

Crouch jab punishes every option that she can do except for the built in follow up. EDIT: Crouch jab also loses to u3+4 here.

12f mid beats every option except for her turning around without ducking. Even then, she's forced to not follow up if you have this option.

13f mid beats her out if she tries to crouch jab afterwards and exchanges with the built in follow up.

What makes this goddamn move so obnoxious online is that any hint of lag totally fucks up your options and usually leads to you eating a lot of damage, so Lili player act like this move is +100 on block.

Just one of the many reasons online is so shitty.

I did forget about one thing. Her backturned 4 goes underneath a lot of mids, but only connects on CH. If you use a 12f or 13f mid and she goes under it, it won't counter hit you, so you'll block the second hit.

When you block the second hit, jabs punish her if she stops and floats her if he she does the built in backflip for THAT move.

And if you really wanna get crazy, sidestep to your right beats out all of her options. So you can sidestep right into a launcher (not on reaction, just throw it out) and unless she turns around without crouching and blocks, it will hit her.

So with all of this weirdness, it's easy to see why most people don't know how to deal with this move. This is pretty much the way you have to approach punishing Christie/Eddie/Tiger also. You have to use unique options.

It's still really damn annoying to deal with though.

Gambit61

Manny posted about this a while back.

It's still really damn annoying to deal with though.

Thanks, guess I'll just have to try practicing against a dummy with this info. I don't know much frame data in this game so I'll try some of my favorite pokes. That huge launcher up kick she does is also a pain. It seems to beat everything I throw out or even when I try sidestepping, just like flip. I swear I die inside whenever that thing connects from a mile away ;_;

Manbig

Thanks, guess I'll just have to try practicing against a dummy with this info. I don't know much frame data in this game so I'll try some of my favorite pokes. That huge launcher up kick she does is also a pain. It seems to beat everything I throw out or even when I try sidestepping, just like flip. I swear I die inside whenever that thing connects from a mile away ;_;

What characters are you using?

Sayah

Wellllllll.........

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/351714795856211969

Revolution is successful, I guess. That's nice.

And now let the nickel and diming festivities commence

Edit: Also, completely unrelated to fighting games but I finally finished watching Prison Break on Netflix. What an amazing show. The pace, the character development, the fast-paced action, the suspense...........it's all very brilliant.

"Become the change that you want to see in this world."

DEATH™

Wellllllll.........

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/351714795856211969

Revolution is successful, I guess. That's nice.

And now let the nickel and diming festivities commence

Edit: Also, completely unrelated to fighting games but I finally finished watching Prison Break on Netflix. What an amazing show. The pace, the character development, the fast-paced action, the suspense...........it's all very brilliant.

"Become the change that you want to see in this world."

Prison break started to go downhill after Season 2... :(

They should have ended the whole thing at Season 3...

Sayah

DEATH™;67588281 said:
Prison break started to go downhill after Season 2... :(

They should have ended the whole thing at Season 3...

I don't know about that. I really liked Season 4. It dropped in quality a bit in Season 3 but I think that's in large part due to the writer being on strike or something. It's also the reason Season 3 has the lowest number of episodes.

I like it because it's fast paced. I'm also watching Walking Dead and now realizing how slow that show is moving in comparison.

But if there's other shows worth watching, let me know. :p

I've only recently developed an interest. Plus, I was paying for Netflix each month and not really using it ever.

I think the only other American serialized show I've watched is Lost. It started out reeeeally good but turned into a complete disaster with the whole
hocus-pocus magic Island stuff.

I absolutely hate episodic shows, though. Tried watching Buffy and Supernatural and I said noooooope. Serialized TV is all that appeals to me.

I have played this game in a few weeks. Gonna get destroyed online for sure.

Has TR had any effect (negative of positive) on TTT2's online community?

DEATH™

I don't know about that. I really liked Season 4. It dropped in quality a bit in Season 3 but I think that's in large part due to the writer being on strike or something. It's also the reason Season 3 has the lowest number of episodes.

I like it because it's fast paced. I'm also watching Walking Dead and now realizing how slow that show is moving in comparison.

But if there's other shows worth watching, let me know. :p

I've only recently developed an interest. Plus, I was paying for Netflix each month and not really using it ever.

I think the only other American serialized show I've watched is Lost. It started out reeeeally good but turned into a complete disaster with the whole
hocus-pocus magic Island stuff.

I absolutely hate episodic shows, though. Tried watching Buffy and Supernatural and I said noooooope. Serialized TV is all that appeals to me.

My thought about it is Season 4 should be Season 3...

And I really want to like Game of Thrones, but all the backstabbing and politics-themed stuff is nauseating at times. I got enough of that IRL lol... Sometimes I feel that when I live on that kind of world, I would rather die doing the right thing...

And good news all around... TTT2 at EVO wasn't as bad as people thought (368 peeps, just hanging with other fighters, and I could see it grow more as we get active more as a community), Jinmaster ain't gonna die anymore, and we are doing strides as a community... good stuff...

@cookie as far as I know, not really... people accepted it as a not-so-serious game and many came back to TTT2 and some newcomers also considered buying TTT2 too thru TR... so yeah...

braves01

Banned
Nice to hear TTT2 evo numbers are okay. I look forward to watching as much as I can. I finally got around to picking up a copy of tag for PS3 (so I guess TR worked?). I'm taking music recommendatios for Tekken Tunes also of anyone's got ideas. Having only had the gimped Wii U tunes I'm really looking forward to some fresh music.

DEATH™

Nice to hear TTT2 evo numbers are okay. I look forward to watching as much as I can. I finally got around to picking up a copy of tag for PS3 (so I guess TR worked?). I'm taking music recommendatios for Tekken Tunes also of anyone's got ideas. Having only had the gimped Wii U tunes I'm really looking forward to some fresh music.

SF4 Sakura theme? :p

P.S. please give me more info about Princeton please...

Sayah

DEATH™;67607381 said:
My thought about it is Season 4 should be Season 3...

And I really want to like Game of Thrones, but all the backstabbing and politics-themed stuff is nauseating at times. I got enough of that IRL lol... Sometimes I feel that when I live on that kind of world, I would rather die doing the right thing...

And good news all around... TTT2 at EVO wasn't as bad as people thought (368 peeps, just hanging with other fighters, and I could see it grow more as we get active more as a community), Jinmaster ain't gonna die anymore, and we are doing strides as a community... good stuff...

@cookie as far as I know, not really... people accepted it as a not-so-serious game and many came back to TTT2 and some newcomers also considered buying TTT2 too thru TR... so yeah...
I can agree with that.

368 is okay for EVO. Could be better. I don't know if they'll guarantee a return of TTT2 for EVO 2014. And this game deserves to last like decades in the competitive tournament scene but I don't know if that's going to happen. The next Namco game (TKXSF) will probably become the token 3D fighter for the next EVO's and will lead to TTT2 being dropped. That won't be good.

I'm mostly still using Tekken music but they're tracks from the previous titles.

Moonlit Wilderness (original)
Kitsch
Touch & Go
Dragon's Nest
Formless Like Water
Emotionless Passion
Unforgiven
Fallen Colony
Anger of the Earth
Temple Grounds
TTT1 (Hwoarang theme)
TTT1 (Nina theme)

etc. etc.

Sayah

So I downloaded revolution, it's kinda fun to play it like a 2D fighter, lol. Servers are down though.

TTT2 online hasn't been working as well ever since Revolution released. I have a feeling these two games are sharing servers or something's up.

TTT2 isn't working online right now either. :/

AAK

Haven't touched Tekken in a week. I've been gripped on The Last of Us since I started it. There is a huge disadvantage with the game being exorbitantly linear. But man, does it do everything in its power to make that linear experience something else. I played Bioshock Infinite earlier this year too and I would never have thought another game released this year could usurp it. I haven't finished TLOU yet but so far it's pretty tight.

I've been playing TTT2 offline ever since one of my friends started taking the game somewhat seriously.

This post brought the largest grin on my face all day :) Thank you for saying that. It warms my heart to see more local competition going on :) As far as Tekken Revolution is concerned... ever since I fought a Bryan player that beat me with one invincible move and 2 mach breakers in one round.... I haven't touched the game.

Watched season 1 of prison break, thought it was cool. Never watched the rest of the series. The only american series I think that I watched from beginning to end was Angel... but that was only because I was in a period of teen angst that I could enjoy :p Whatever, I play too many videogames to have time to watch TV shows!

But for me other American show has ever come close to The Fresh Prince of Bel Air thoguh ;)

Haven't touched Tekken in a week. I've been gripped on The Last of Us since I started it. There is a huge disadvantage with the game being exorbitantly linear. But man, does it do everything in its power to make that linear experience something else. I played Bioshock Infinite earlier this year too and I would never have thought another game released this year could usurp it. I haven't finished TLOU yet but so far it's pretty tight.

This post brought the largest grin on my face all day :) Thank you for saying that. It warms my heart to see more local competition going on :) As far as Tekken Revolution is concerned... ever since I fought a Bryan player that beat me with one invincible move and 2 mach breakers in one round.... I haven't touched the game.

Watched season 1 of prison break, thought it was cool. Never watched the rest of the series. The only american series I think that I watched from beginning to end was Angel... but that was only because I was in a period of teen angst that I could enjoy :p Whatever, I play too many videogames to have time to watch TV shows!

But for me other American show has ever come close to The Fresh Prince of Bel Air thoguh ;)

Low on funds to buy new games, so I have only been watching LPs of TLOU, but yeah the game is pretty heavy experience. I don't like Joel, though.

Sayah

I wanted to buy the Last of Us but I had just played Tomb Raider and filled my necessities for TPS games and didn't want to experience fatigue with the genre.

Definitely will buy it later on. Naughty Dog has done really great job this gen.

The few shows I've watched have definitely been great.

Nowadays, everyone's into reality TV or whatever and I never saw the appeal in those shows.

But I'm feeling fatigue with video games. I have a massive backlog and I don't know what to play.

I keep switching hobbies to keep things fresh. Probably going to read a book now that I finished Prison Break.

Top Bottom