• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Doomshine

Question, what's the best place to find some combo totorials videos? I find it really hard to come up with high damage combos by myself.

For practical combos check the character forums on TZ, unless there happens to be a video tutorial available of your characters by LUYG or ATP.

The characters I played in T6 are Lee, Bryan, Jack 6, Yoshi and Feng. I'm new to TT2 so I'm currently practising Jack/Bryan and Feng/Bryan. Bryan was my main in T6.

Manbig

Most of the combos that the movelists give you aren't actually that bad of a place to start. You can use those as a place holder until you get juggle timing down and then upgrade to the harder stuff. When I started playing in 5.0, my Marduk juggle was just 2, 1,2 into air throw for pathetic damage.

Manbig

As for Jack, most of his combos go something like launch, b3,2, b3,2,2 fairly consistent. Been studying him as an alt for Yoshi, since I can't really play or like the current roster.

Got my info from here: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=127441

Well, that's his TR juggle yeah.

Tekken Tag 2 has bound.

If you want something really simple with Jack 6, you can start with:

d/f+2, 2, 2, f,f+1, !B, slight dash into b+3,2,2

For WS1 you can go with

WS1, 2, u+1+2, 2, f,f+1, !B, f,f+1+2, 2

Fairly easy stuff here.

Well, that's his TR juggle yeah.

Tekken Tag 2 has bound.

If you want something really simple with Jack 6, you can start with:

d/f+2, 2, 2, f,f+1, !B, slight dash into b+3,2,2

For WS1 you can go with

WS1, 2, u+1+2, 2, f,f+1, !B, f,f+1+2, 2

Fairly easy stuff here.

Oops. I thought I was in the TR thread. Lol.

The characters I played in T6 are Lee, Bryan, Jack 6, Yoshi and Feng. I'm new to TT2 so I'm currently practising Jack/Bryan and Feng/Bryan. Bryan was my main in T6.

Feng has the easiest combos ever.

After most launchers (u/f+4, f+3,4, while rising 3 and ss4) you wanna do:

d/f+1, d/f+1, f+4,3 (bound and then bring in Bryan for tag assault. You should be able to get 3 hits in) and then end with Feng's 3~4,3

Pretty much max damage and it's consistent online. He has a couple more launchers that require different input, but that's a start. I recommmend watching Aris' Feng tutorial if you have time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DY_W39NqdA

Dereck

Feng has easy combos that do a lot of damage. What amazes me about Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is that you can go into practice mode and create like 20-30 different juggles that all do different types of damage. You can also "fit in" different attacks by either side stepping during a tag assault, or holding the forward button while doing a normal 1 or 2 punch.

Watching WNF.

All I'm getting from the chat is "collusion" jokes.

Overyourhead.jpg

Well... A lot just happened in team sp00ky's stream.

The only thing I could get from it was something about sponsored teams only going for top 8 to split payouts, once they know they're in, then they don't play 100% or something as long as they're gettin the money.

Was there more to it?

Manbig

The only thing I could get from it was something about sponsored teams only going for top 8 to split payouts, once they know they're in, then they don't play 100% or something as long as they're gettin the money.

Was there more to it?

Well pot splitting in fighting game tournaments has been going on for pretty much as long as people have been playing fighting games competitively. Tournament organizers decided to band together to put an end to it after the whole fiasco at VxG grand finals, because people don't even bother trying to hide it. To do this, they instituted an instant DQ penalty to anyone caught throwing matches.

So the grand finals for AE2012 during Battle Circuit at Next Level earlier today saw Chris G all of a sudden picking Yang while Sanford all of a sudden picked Balrog. They were shown on stream laughing it up while they were doing it. Sp00ky decided to take a stand and literally pulled the plug on them.

Now we have lots of excuses, arguing, possible lying, and some players saying that they're going to boycott Next Level.

Lol, oh well. Aris just changed the meme from COLLUSION to CORRODED already, just like that.

And this other commenter with Aris right now is hilarious. Not sure who the other guy is but it's the best team so far.

Play on words.

WTF Namco? You're ending WTF? WTF?

Anyway, I already ranted directly in the comments @ ATP. Not gonna repeat it here.

Essentially, Namco is seemingly killing interest in TTT2 in favor of this half assed regurgitated trash.

Oh.... there you go.

TR = Trash Regurgitated

Degen

I wonder whether it's just "team creations" or teams as a whole that won't exist. I never did get around to joining one... maybe I'll do that before you can't anymore

The website was motivation to play TTT2 a little more seriously. I'm gonna dick around so much now. Every fight is #collusion status after this month

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Don't care what game is played tonight, I just need a lobby going for PSN. Last night was a blowup with PSN killing itself.

Sayah

Don't care what game is played tonight, I just need a lobby going for PSN. Last night was a blowup with PSN killing itself.

WTF?

Something needs to be done to stop this. WTF forums are pretty much dead but the site is still a great tool to look at wins/losses, teams, etc. Meh sales for TTT2 but still. :(

TCT had 4 million downloads and TR has had 1.5 million. They're gonna be supporting these games, no doubt. maaaaaan.

Damn. Should have checked earlier. Just got off.

Indeed, i was hoping the site and features would get better eventually. The site was horrible to use and barely functioned during launch.

Don't think they ever implemented the "these moves you have been using with this character" lists and everything that was teased.

Sad to see it get axed after a year of service.

DEATH™

WTF?

Something needs to be done to stop this. WTF forums are pretty much dead but the site is still a great tool to look at wins/losses, teams, etc. Meh sales for TTT2 but still. :(

TCT had 4 million downloads and TR has had 1.5 million. They're gonna be supporting these games, no doubt. maaaaaan.

Damn. Should have checked earlier. Just got off.

I knew its going to end soon since that thing shouldn't be free anyways... DLing replays is a great thing to have but it will require server maintainance...

Though I admit wtf forums are one factor that killed tz... I just wished though that namco just integrate tz and wtf together but who am I kidding...

What? Wow, I am surprised by this. I thought it was pretty interesting site and searching for replays/making teams, etc was really great. Yeah, seems like they are dropping support of TTT2 in favor for Tekken Revolution. You did not appreciate all of the free things and the unprecedented amount of content we provided you with in TTT2? Well, here you go, Tekken Revolution, ha!! Now pay up for that stuff. No, no, I like TR, but I think both games can coexist and the coin system is rather annoying btw. Searching for replays and replay & ghosts downloading is going to be affected by this? That definitely upsets me more than the statistics. There could be worst things I suppose, but I sort of get concerned about the future of Tekken sometimes.

Doomshine

Running WTF costs money and TTT2 sales are not enough to justify keeping it going, sucks but let's be realistic here.

...also I wouldn't expect another game with free DLC.

GrayFoxPL

Running WTF costs money and TTT2 sales are not enough to justify keeping it going, sucks but let's be realistic here.

...also I wouldn't expect another game with free DLC.

This is true.
Harada fought hard against money grabbing hyenas at Namco. Now they're laughing in his face.

Expect 5$ hats for Kazuya and 14.99$ bikini suit for Julia in the next Tekken.

Degen

TxSF will be free to play but you only start with 2 characters:

Alex from Tekken 2 and Alex from Street Fighter 3

with no change to their names.

Top Bottom