• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

GrayFoxPL

I'm officially Tekkenless. My "Tekken" pad is destroyed due to billion button presses. I'm now in the process of trying to grind another pad and buying every junk pad online that has a chance to be like the old one.

I'm officially Tekkenless. My "Tekken" pad is destroyed due to billion button presses. I'm now in the process of trying to grind another pad and buying every junk pad online that has a chance to be like the old one.

Hope you find a good replacement that replicates your old one. :( It seems like my controller is getting worn out..............again. I've been through about 3 or 4 Dual Shocks now. It still works quite decent, but I have to execute virtually everything with near perfection(especially df, uf or qcf moves) or sometimes it seems like it doesn't register properly. Did I mention I hate qcf motions in Tekken? In all fairness, it's probably not all Tekken's fault. DOA5 probably wore it out also.

GrayFoxPL

Hope you find a good replacement that replicates your old one. :( It seems like my controller is getting worn out..............again. I've been through about 3 or 4 Dual Shocks now. It still works quite decent, but I have to execute virtually everything with near perfection(especially df, uf or qcf moves) or sometimes it seems like it doesn't register properly. Did I mention I hate qcf motions in Tekken? In all fairness, it's probably not all Tekken's fault. DOA5 probably wore it out also.

Thanks.
Yeah random shit on pad is the worse. Some inputs are like a lottery on dpad.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Streamed for almost 6 hours. 3500 bitrate, 1080p, over 1 million frames encoded with 0 drops. Good to Waygamble for coming in and using the lobby as training mode.

I might stream again tonight. We'll see.

Manbig

Just picked this up, probably gonna rock jinpachi/heihachi anything i should know to get started?

Yes. Jinpachi is cheap as hell and fairly easy to use, so good choice. Heihachi is slightly more complicated, but still the easiest of the Mishimas to use.

Manbig

Yo what the hell, f+3+4 with Lee is +5 on block?????

A low crush mid does that???? That's crazy.

Didn't know about that many + frames, but I believe that it also forces crouch. Talk about limiting your opponent's defensive options!

AAK

Just to give an analogy, that's the same amount of plus frames a Mishima gets from an EWGF on block.

If you press anything other than block after that then I'm pretty sure WS+2,3 is guaranteed with Lee. I guess I could test it more.

sasuke_91

Frame data is pretty interesting. I didn't even know about it until recently and I never thought of reading about it until... now^^
I think I'll try using some of the information after I finish my exams. Didn't even have time to play these last few days :(

GrayFoxPL

Just to give an analogy, that's the same amount of plus frames a Mishima gets from an EWGF on block.

If you press anything other than block after that then I'm pretty sure WS+2,3 is guaranteed with Lee. I guess I could test it more.

It's not that fantastic in a real match. Reasonable people will just block or try to sidestep. They will know you want to go for ws+2,3 and since you can't hit confirm that, you'll be screwed when it gets blocked.

Similar when they're down. You aim to catch them getting up, so they'll just lie and getting hit by f+3+4 laying down results in most laughable damage ever.

But f+3+4 is great for dealing with dangerous mids even highs since lee jumps so high out of range, then you get +8, +9 - then you can really lock them down.

im so scrub :l. i just started playing tekken again and got the uf4,3 windroll x3 into 1+2 into air grb with michelle. i should be good for now. im debating dropping kunimitsu even though she's a ninja, her combos are pretty boring. what's a good second for michelle/jaycee for a beginning tekken scrub.

DEATH™

im so scrub :l. i just started playing tekken again and got the uf4,3 windroll x3 into 1+2 into air grb with michelle. i should be good for now. im debating dropping kunimitsu even though she's a ninja, her combos are pretty boring. what's a good second for michelle/jaycee for a beginning tekken scrub.

why don't you use them together? I mean Jaycee/Michelle team. They are pretty good together.

You can try Christie/Jaycee too. Most annoyingly hawt team lol.

(But seriously, that team would be annoying for your opponents.)

AAK

Usually, the easier the character, the more boring their combo's haha. My core team is Julia/Hwoarang. But there are way too many times where playing Hwoarang is unfairly hard... specifically against Ling/Miharu and Capo's (fastest Md that hits them out of AOP/RLX from a fair range is b+3...pffft). I've recently been making a Leo/Julia team to compensate for that. Leo is relatively simple. However, Leo's combo damage is really bad in the open. At the wall, she's insane. You can also try Chanel's team of Julia/Alisa. They do MAD damage. And I don't nearly know enough about Alisa to say what type of a character she is. But execution wise, I don't think she's that hard to play with.

DEATH™;100512671 said:
why don't you use them together? I mean Jaycee/Michelle team. They are pretty good together.

Maybe he has enough self respect to not play a clone team ;)

DEATH™;100512671 said:

You can try Christie/Jaycee too. Most annoyingly hawt team lol.

(But seriously, that team would be annoying for your opponents.)

i'll try the christie/jaycee team out. i didnt know having clone teams were frowned upon haha.
Usually, the easier the character, the more boring their combo's haha. My core team is Julia/Hwoarang. But there are way too many times where playing Hwoarang is unfairly hard... specifically against Ling/Miharu and Capo's (fastest Md that hits them out of AOP/RLX from a fair range is b+3...pffft). I've recently been making a Leo/Julia team to compensate for that. Leo is relatively simple. However, Leo's combo damage is really bad in the open. At the wall, she's insane. You can also try Chanel's team of Julia/Alisa. They do MAD damage. And I don't nearly know enough about Alisa to say what type of a character she is. But execution wise, I don't think she's that hard to play with.

alisa looks interesting. i'll try that out. thanks.

DEATH™

Darnnit Michelle is not a clone for me!
DansGame.png

Sayah

Alisa, as mentioned, is pretty easy to learn and a good match. You can also try Anna + Michelle. Mr. Taxi played that team and it was pretty raw.

Just picked this up, probably gonna rock jinpachi/heihachi anything i should know to get started?

If this is the first time playing Tekken, then probably check out the tutorials in the OP.

Is that with the new capture card? Looks pretty amazing. Which one are you using?

Degen

I'm gonna try to get back into TTT2. Keyword is "try"

Jinpachi's f,f,3 is the best thing ever. Free stomp afterward

DEATH™;100515710 said:
Darnnit Michelle is not a clone for me!
DansGame.png
Dawg they are more clone than Ryu and Ken in Street Fighter 2

Sayah

Awesome!

How do you do that slide/jump right after switching characters? That's pretty cool :D

WHen you switch characters, your incoming character is sort of already running so just mash forward and press circle (or 4 in Tekken notation).

And yes, I use it way too much which is probably not a good thing.

Ah, it has to be physically installed in the PC? Nah, can't have that. I was thinking of selling Roxio since it doesn't stream any longer for whatever reason and getting a Hauppague recording/streaming device.

sasuke_91

Slide is done by f,f,f+4. Cross Chop by f,f,f+1+2

I use these moves a little too much haha.

Oh, because you were doing them so fast right after switching characters I thought they had some special input. I never noticed that your character was running after being switched in, though. Thanks, Sayah^^

The only one using his slide too many times is boutdown, so don't worry :p

Dereck

Ah, it has to be physically installed in the PC? Nah, can't have that. I was thinking of selling Roxio since it doesn't stream any longer for whatever reason and getting a Hauppague recording/streaming device.
Internal cards are not for everyone, I went with the internal for 2 reasons.

1. It minimizes clutter, and since I'm also using a HDCP splitter, that's one less thing I have to worry about getting in the way.

2. It's extremely convenient, and I don't have to continuously plug it up whenever I want to record something.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I know you guys also in the tri-state area probably are home. No way you left the house in this crap. You know what that means. Lobby!

Sayah

I know you guys also in the tri-state area probably are home. No way you left the house in this crap. You know what that means. Lobby!

I actually went to work. It wasn't so bad. Public transportation surprisingly didn't fail me. I know they stopped train service for several lines during mid-day but I wasn't affected.

If you're still doing a lobby, I can play AE (non-Ultra version) on PC.

how about jun/michelle? right now my tekken learning process is pretty basic, which is learning how to back dash cancel and then at least one bnb before going on into tag combos.

GrayFoxPL

OH wow, the TTT2 grand finals at WNF were incredible. One of the greatest sets I've ever seen between two people. There were a lot of mistakes but the intense mindgames and movement execution by both players was unparalleled.

Top 3 starts here:

www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/502981550?t=1h38m35s

Awesome matches.

The way JF James plays Law makes me not hate the character, very classy. His Yoshimitsu is totally mind blowing tough.

AAK

how about jun/michelle? right now my tekken learning process is pretty basic, which is learning how to back dash cancel and then at least one bnb before going on into tag combos.

Jun/Michelle definitely sounds viable. Just remember Jun has 2 stances as well that give her a lot of options for a tag assault and necessary for combo's in general. If that's who you enjoy then go for her :)

Top Bottom