• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Dereck

That's just the thing, you just outlined why people do not like playing against Anna/Nina teams, because they're very useful and can be very good at offense, so if you don't have to defend yourself, why should you?

The rushdown thing is not a thing exclusive to you, it's something that most Anna/Nina players just do, and that is why, a super offensive Anna/Nina team is frowned upon because it generally only requires mediocre defense, or lack there of to win matches.

As a person who has mained Anna/Nina for such a long time I'm surprised that you "appear to be" surprised by the complaints you're getting.

Sayah

That's just the thing, you just outlined why people do not like playing against Anna/Nina teams, because they're very useful and can be very good at offense, so if you don't have to defend yourself, why should you?

The rushdown thing is not a thing exclusive to you, it's something that most Anna/Nina players just do, and that is why, a super offensive Anna/Nina team is frowned upon because it generally only requires mediocre defense, or lack there of to win matches.

As a person who has mained Anna/Nina for such a long time I'm surprised that you "appear to be" surprised by the complaints you're getting.

I get hatemail but it's usually not directed at Anna/Nina specifically. :/

Nothing will top "illegal Mexican immigrant grabs" hatemail that DEATH got, though.

Sayah

Uhh..what the fuck

This right here. DEATH uses King if readers need context. But you already know that.

tumblr_mpnchbgq151sqsi0ao1_1280.jpg

Not gonna lie, I laughed my ass off when I read that.

As did I, haha.

sasuke_91

I must practice those wall combos.

Check out Leo's approach with qcf options qcf+1 I think it's the hand sweep, it's annoying. When I played Leo I mixed up a lot of qcf and ws moves because there are tones. Now in tag ws 3,1,2 is a ch combo. Duckable on block though. I mixed it up a lot with ws 1,4,1 - just do ws 1,4 couple times in a row and people will not expect the last hit. From full crouch you can do the long sweep with df+3 or 4. From qcf you can go uf like in combos but I wanna point out uf+1,2 it's natural combo, great damage, wall splats and it was great wall carry in T6, I think nothing changed in Tag2. Oh and you can ki charge it too.

Damn, I played a lot of Leo in T6. I could do full wall carries with f+4 cancel into qcf+3 loop and after few of those I ended with qcf+3,1,2 or uf+1,2 they hit a wall and I run up and bounded with b+2,1+2 insane damage. Wonder if they nerfed that.
One day I'll get back to Leo.

Btw your ws+2 with Leo are perfect.

Wall combos are great. I didn't know any wall combos until recently and just hated coming near a wall because it would kill my combo. Now I always try to position myself in front of a wall to get my wall carry after launch. Especially with Hwoarang, never knew he had such great wall carry. I easily get a 130+ dmg combo with a wall after JFSR if everything works as planned (rarely happens :p).

Leo is great. Doomshine already got a decent Leo and he picked her up at almost the same time as me.
You played Leo? Is there any character you didn't play at some point? :p
I think it's pretty cool to have so many characters. I'm not even sure who your main team is. Same with Doomshine.
And thanks for the advice :)

Just wait til you see my new team GrayFox and Sasuke, you are not ready.

My body is ready. As long as it's not Lars :D
I have high expectations, Doomshine. Surprise me!

By the way, my birthday was a few weeks ago (I think you can guess my age :p) and I got the coolest present ever from a friend of mine. She's also a Tekken player and drew this for me: http://cloudskeeper.deviantart.com/art/The-King-of-Iron-Fist-Tournament-475540826
Also go and check her other works. She's extremely talented!

GrayFoxPL

Wall combos are great. I didn't know any wall combos until recently and just hated coming near a wall because it would kill my combo. Now I always try to position myself in front of a wall to get my wall carry after launch. Especially with Hwoarang, never knew he had such great wall carry. I easily get a 130+ dmg combo with a wall after JFSR if everything works as planned (rarely happens :p).

Leo is great. Doomshine already got a decent Leo and he picked her up at almost the same time as me.
You played Leo? Is there any character you didn't play at some point? :p
I think it's pretty cool to have so many characters. I'm not even sure who your main team is. Same with Doomshine.
And thanks for the advice :)

By the way, my birthday was a few weeks ago (I think you can guess my age :p) and I got the coolest present ever from a friend of mine. She's also a Tekken player and drew this for me: http://cloudskeeper.deviantart.com/art/The-King-of-Iron-Fist-Tournament-475540826
Also go and check her other works. She's extremely talented!

Oh yeah, when you get jfsr near a wall I'm dead. I need to learn wall combos badly. Problem is different things are optimal across characters and you gotta count hits before bound. No idea what I'm doing near wall, lol.

Haha, I played everyone apart of Lili and Alisa.
I like all characters (apart those 2) too much. I want to play them all. I'm in King mode now. I think I have no main team. If I should chose it would probably be Paul - Jin or Kaz - Steve or any mix. Love Steve, Love Mishimas, TKD, Paul etc.

But I love them all and it takes very little eg. watching movie with Rutger Hauer to make me play Bryan for next few days, haha.

Late Happy Birthday, Buddy and that friend of yours is very talented. Great art. That Noctis is amazing too. (When will this game be released?! I wanna play this before 2020.)

AAK

Happy Birthday Sasuke :) Hope you have a very fruitful and positive year!

I also just realized some guy kept asking questions about me. Like which state I'm from and if I'm "legit." Should just hide chat from now on. haha.

Legit? Haha, wait until he finds out that in your first tournament you eliminated BrianH and only lost to Fab and KOR who were the top 2 lol.

And thanks for the compliments... but if we're talking about transformations boutdown's improvement from one year ago to now is unprecedented. Major props to him as well :)

Oh shit it's gonna be Lars + Ariana Grande!

http://i.minus.com/ihB8C63WwSAXr.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Man, I dunno why but it feels so weird looking at celebrities that are younger than me...

sasuke_91

Good games boutdown and Doomshine.

Late Happy Birthday, Buddy and that fried of yours is very talented. Great art. That Noctis is amazing too. (When will this game be released?! I wanna play this before 2020.)

Thank you GrayFox :)
Yeah, I love that Noctis. Naminé looks amazing as well. Two games I've been waiting for since forever. I hope we'll see something at TGS and get a release date in the near future.

Well I have good news and bad news for you.

Happy birthday Sasuke!

Thank you as well :)

Haha, I got the bad news^^
"Why is he apologizing?" I shouldn't have asked myself that question, it was too clear :D
I don't really have anything against Lars, he's just an annoying character online (as is Xiaoyu, though...).
Dr. Bosconovic is weird. His juggles look like a few pokes in the air and a weak bound. I have no idea how you managed to pull off a sandwich combo with him and Lars, that was pretty cool.

Happy Birthday Sasuke :) Hope you have a very fruitful and positive year!

Thank you so much. Haha, I didn't expect to get so many belated happy birthdays. My post was more about the present than the part about it being for my birthday :p
Still, thanks a lot guys :)

Sayah

Happy late birthday to Sasuke. :)

Legit? Haha, wait until he finds out that in your first tournament you eliminated BrianH and only lost to Fab and KOR who were the top 2 lol.

And thanks for the compliments... but if we're talking about transformations boutdown's improvement from one year ago to now is unprecedented. Major props to him as well :)

boutdown has had crazy significant improvements especially when its concerned with spacing and defense.

And I haven't been to a tournament since then, which is unfortunate. I really want to go but school, work, life, etc.

Nursing school starts today, they just dumped a whole bunch of reading on me.

I don't think I'll be able to play much.

Happy Birthday Sasuke. :)

Niiiiice! Good luck with the studies.

Doomshine

Thank you as well :)

Haha, I got the bad news^^
"Why is he apologizing?" I shouldn't have asked myself that question, it was too clear :D
I don't really have anything against Lars, he's just an annoying character online (as is Xiaoyu, though...).
Dr. Bosconovic is weird. His juggles look like a few pokes in the air and a weak bound. I have no idea how you managed to pull off a sandwich combo with him and Lars, that was pretty cool.

Honestly my Lars is terrible, but the reason I picked him is I couldn't get any decent juggles with the other two characters I tried; King and Ancient Ogre :p

Nursing school starts today, they just dumped a whole bunch of reading on me.)

High five! Practical nurse student here.

sasuke_91

Very nice! Good luck with everything!

And thank you :)

Happy late birthday to Sasuke. :)

Thank you Sayah :)

boutdown has had crazy significant improvements especially when its concerned with spacing and defense.

I only know him for maybe 6 months, so I don't know what he was like before, but his defense, punishing and spacing in general is what make him so scary. Very calm and controlled playstyle.

I understood that reference, sadly. :D

I did, too... >_<"

Sayah

Also, I forgot to say. Your friend's art is really good. I wish I was that artistic.

On another note, I bought Skullgirls from the GMG sale. I only needed Squiggly and color DLC pack since I already have the game.

If any of you Tekken gaf members need Skullgirls on Steam, let me know.

DEATH™

Good luck tera!

Seriously, I have utmost respect for you, doom and others who take on nursing. Its hard to imagine the workload you guys do...

Sasuke, belated happy birthday dude!

Sayah lol you still remember that.

sasuke_91

Honestly my Lars is terrible, but the reason I picked him is I couldn't get any decent juggles with the other two characters I tried; King and Ancient Ogre :p

High five! Practical nurse student here.

It was enough to beat me :p
Bosco + Lars is an interesting team. You should go and troll some people in player matches or ranking with them^^

And yeah, I agree with DEATH. You guys are great!

Also, I forgot to say. Your friend's art is really good. I wish I was that artistic.

I like the way she uses colors. I would never be able to do that.
For anyone who doesn't know: Hwoarang/Steve is my main team, so the characters weren't chosen randomly :p

DEATH™;126231305 said:
Sasuke, belated happy birthday dude!
Happy Belated Birthday Sasuke

Thanks, guys :)

av2k

@Boutdown: Personally, I rather fight Anna/Nina than Bob, Lars, Jacks, Bruce, Bryan, Mishimas, Dragunov, Ganryu, and Jinpachi. Do they have a reputation of being easy to play nowadays? I can play both but I feel that they're difficult to play as because their jab reach is so short and nina's optimal combo execution is ridiculously hard to pull off. Maybe it's because I just backdash all day which negates anna's mix up or nina's pressure. What are your main issues against them?

@Sayah: Sweet, I'll try to play you think weekend then! :)

Dereck

@Boutdown: Personally, I rather fight Anna/Nina than Bob, Lars, Jacks, Bruce, Bryan, Mishimas, Dragunov, Ganryu, and Jinpachi. Do they have a reputation of being easy to play nowadays? I can play both but I feel that they're difficult to play as because their jab reach is so short and nina's optimal combo execution is ridiculously hard to pull off. Maybe it's because I just backdash all day which negates anna's mix up or nina's pressure. What are your main issues against them?
I guess I don't understand your question.

EDIT: OK, I re-read it. I don't have a problem with the characters, I was explaining to Sayah why people were complaining about his playstyle on that stream.

sasuke_91

Good games boutdown. Sorry I disappeared sometimes, I shouldn't be playing during daytime, something always comes up.
About Miguel's df2,1... I guess it's -15 or -16, I should really launch it next time.

av2k

I guess I don't understand your question.

EDIT: OK, I re-read it. I don't have a problem with the characters, I was explaining to Sayah why people were complaining about his playstyle on that stream.

Ohhhh, gotcha. Hah, to be fair, everyone will complain about anything if it's more effective, streamers especially. hehe

Edit: Happy belated birthday Sasuke_91!

Sayah

Happy birthday to Famicom as well.

@Sayah: Sweet, I'll try to play you think weekend then! :)

Anna is easier to pick up. Nina, on the other hand........Tough execution and takes a lot of time to properly learn and play. I mean Anna has a lot of great optimal damage combos that have insanely hard execution but her regular bnbs are also sufficient enough. With Nina, you pretty much have to know flapping butterfly loops if you want optimal damage.

And yes, I look forward to matches on the weekend. Hopefully, nothing gets in the way for me.

fatalexe

after a few months of break from tekken, my reaction speed has suddenly improved and I can block more lows and punish now! although ranked is not important, I finally got out of Dan ranks into Master rank. seeing the new rank motivates me to play more. I feel less stressed and salt now and am enjoying the game more compared to before.

sharing happiness here since on gamefaqs people flamed me for being a fake beginner hater when I asked about how to block hopkicks and nasty lows.

/blog post

sasuke_91

Happy belated birthday Sasuke_91!

Thanks, av2k :)

Happy late birthday sasuke :) I love her art. Hope she is doing some more tekken art soon.

m0t0k1! Haven't seen you in a while :D
Thank you, and yeah, I also hope she decides to try out more Tekken art.

It's my birthday too. I had ice cream.

Happy birthday Famicom! I hope your ice cream was delicious.

Happy birthday Famicom and happy belated birthday Sasuke!

Thanks, Manbig :)

after a few months of break from tekken, my reaction speed has suddenly improved and I can block more lows and punish now! although ranked is not important, I finally got out of Dan ranks into Master rank. seeing the new rank motivates me to play more. I feel less stressed and salt now and am enjoying the game more compared to before.

sharing happiness here since on gamefaqs people flamed me for being a fake beginner hater when I asked about how to block hopkicks and nasty lows.

/blog post
Awesome! Taking a break and taking the game on fresh is really better sometimes. I'm still way too stressed to go all out in ranked matches. Player matches are the only environment I feel comfortable enough to really enjoy the game at the moment.
Congrats on ranking up!

m0t0k1

m0t0k1! Haven't seen you in a while :D
Thank you, and yeah, I also hope she decides to try out more Tekken art.

I have been on a holiday for a while. Also been lurking here. Can't really add to people asking question about frames and set ups :p Because i still haven't learned and seen everything this game has to offer yet. I did play some matches tekken yesterday and today. Man the rage mails are strong like always on psn/xbox community dunno if i have to laugh or feel sad about those people. I always answer polite to them and some go on a rampage even more. Will try to post some next time. This one guy went beserk on me because i was using Alisa and it wasn't grayfox :p

GrayFoxPL

Happy Birthday Famicom.

We're in birthday trap now, lol.

Good games Sasuke! You are more patient now, very good, we fight to time out's now, ha.

Those combos with Steve and Hwo are so good and damaging. You're not dropping and even converting from weird floats. Somehow I can't beat your Xiaoyu anymore, she's the devil schoolgirl. (Tekken 7 uncovers she's Horny Kazuya's long lost daughter.)

ibxTGyxkFApLWu.gif

iYrpRA8Dvp5dn.gif

This one guy went beserk on me because i was using Alisa and it wasn't grayfox :p

Lol, I fought very good Alisa today, still he lost, because it's Alisa. :D

Btw I think the hackers got to TTT2 :(.

Fought a dude with Kunimitsu and Mokujin. On about 4 rounds he had Mokujin mimic Kuni 3 times and 1 Raven. How probable is that? He basically played double Kunimitsu.

Tekken 7 please come.

m0t0k1

Lol, I fought very good Alisa today, still he lost, because it's Alisa. :D

Btw I think the hackers got to TTT2 :(.

Fought a dude with Kunimitsu and Mokujin. On about 4 rounds he had Mokujin mimic Kuni 3 times and 1 Raven. How probable is that? He basically played double Kunimitsu.

Tekken 7 please come.

Yeah i always jokingly blame my Alisa when i lose. But yeah if i had a couple more tools with Alisa i could be a bit better with her. I think she was faster/more mobile in tekken 6? Also the CFW scene has some cheat devices i believe? So if tekken 7 comes to ps3 you will probably see cheating around. Overall i never encountered a cheater online on ps3. Back when i was playing Mario Kart wii until this year that was hell. But every online game was ruined because cheating on wii was so easy. But still i played online even though i met a cheater on there everyday i played.

Happy birthday famicon forget to mention in my last post.

Sayah

What show is that? I have been out of the loop with cartoon network and Nickelodeon. I miss childhood.

/blog post
Awesome. Congrats.

Also, sorry I missed your invite the other day.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah i always jokingly blame my Alisa when i lose. But yeah if i had a couple more tools with Alisa i could be a bit better with her. I think she was faster/more mobile in tekken 6? Also the CFW scene has some cheat devices i believe? So if tekken 7 comes to ps3 you will probably see cheating around. Overall i never encountered a cheater online on ps3. Back when i was playing Mario Kart wii until this year that was hell. But every online game was ruined because cheating on wii was so easy. But still i played online even though i met a cheater on there everyday i played.

Happy birthday famicon forget to mention in my last post.

I have a hunch Alisa will be totally remade gameplay wise in Tekken 7. Lee will take care of it in story.

Tekken 7 coming for PS4/ONE/PC I believe. But who knows maybe they'll give 8ing/Raizing job to do a port for PS3/360. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Hundred millions of consoles probably mean some potential for MONEY.

m0t0k1

I have a hunch Alisa will be totally remade gameplay wise in Tekken 7. Lee will take care of it in story.

Tekken 7 coming for PS4/ONE/PC I believe. But who knows maybe they'll give 8ing/Raizing job to do a port for PS3/360. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Hundred millions of consoles probably mean some potential for MONEY.

Lee will take care of everything story wise :D
tumblr_m2urdqN2GX1r6uulr.gif

But i am kinda expecting bamco to do the guilty gear route. A lot of people from the fighting game community still haven't migrated to ps4/xbone. Only KI is really worth playing imo. So when GG releases a lot of people will still play and buy it on ps360 i believe. Maybe when a new Street fighter arrives together with tekken i can see everybody go in on the new gen. So releasing on both would be the best option like you said there is easy money to be made. Also still hope we see tekken 7 on the Wii u because i really like the Nintendo outfits on the tekken characters and had some fun with the mushroom battles. Also disappointed that they did not implement that idea of drawing on your opponent when he loses using the gamepad :p.
They probably expected a lot of penises to be drawn

sasuke_91

I have been on a holiday for a while. Also been lurking here. Can't really add to people asking question about frames and set ups :p Because i still haven't learned and seen everything this game has to offer yet. I did play some matches tekken yesterday and today. Man the rage mails are strong like always on psn/xbox community dunno if i have to laugh or feel sad about those people. I always answer polite to them and some go on a rampage even more. Will try to post some next time. This one guy went beserk on me because i was using Alisa and it wasn't grayfox :p

Wow, it's been a long time since I last got a hatemail. Haven't been playing any ranked matches though.

Good games Sasuke! You are more patient now, very good, we fight to time out's now, ha.

Those combos with Steve and Hwo are so good and damaging. You're not dropping and even converting from weird floats. Somehow I can't beat your Xiaoyu anymore, she's the devil schoolgirl. (Tekken 7 uncovers she's Horny Kazuya's long lost daughter.)

Good games GrayFoxPL.
I still do a lot of f2 instead of ff2 with Steve after launching my opponent with Hwo's b3. Still a small bit of red health that I can steal anyway :p
I noticed that you get hit a lot with Xiaoyu's RDS 4 after I cancel stuff like ff2,1 into RDS. That move is -18, so it would be really easy for you to launch me. Don't let her confuse you. She has no frame advantage or anything if she cancels into RDS, so just wait for me to do something unsafe.
Also, her left side is her weak side. Even her homing moves don't track well to her left side. Almost all of her mix ups can also be interrupted with hopkicks. And get her out of AOP as soon as possible. I was afraid of going into AOP against Sayah because he would always get me with a lower mid or launch me.

Xiaoyu with devil gene. That would be something :D

GrayFoxPL

Wow, it's been a long time since I last got a hatemail. Haven't been playing any ranked matches though.

Good games GrayFoxPL.
I still do a lot of f2 instead of ff2 with Steve after launching my opponent with Hwo's b3. Still a small bit of red health that I can steal anyway :p
I noticed that you get hit a lot with Xiaoyu's RDS 4 after I cancel stuff like ff2,1 into RDS. That move is -18, so it would be really easy for you to launch me. Don't let her confuse you. She has no frame advantage or anything if she cancels into RDS, so just wait for me to do something unsafe.
Also, her left side is her weak side. Even her homing moves don't track well to her left side. Almost all of her mix ups can also be interrupted with hopkicks. And get her out of AOP as soon as possible. I was afraid of going into AOP against Sayah because he would always get me with a lower mid or launch me.

Xiaoyu with devil gene. That would be something :D

Thanks for good info. Yeah she confuses me much. I can't get punishing rds 4 into my head. It doesn't look that bad/minus on block visually so I'm doing nothing. I must finally get this in practice mode.

AAK

All this Tekken 7 talk has got me thinking...I looked at the character roster and I'm going to assume there will be 28 characters returning for T7 with around 4 being new.... these are my guesses of who's getting cut:

i5lHZRLcEgk3s.png

Criteria based on who's important in the story and based on who Harada will for sure not exclude *cough*Feng*cough*. Left some controversial eliminations in there but I guess it has to be done at this point in the series' life cycle unfortunately :(

What show is that? I have been out of the loop with cartoon network and Nickelodeon. I miss childhood.

Gravity Falls bhai. It's soooo good. Amazing amount of effort and thought went into each episode. Couple annoying background characters (why did they have to make the gay cops retarded?) but it's definitely one of the most entertaining things I've seen in a long while.

Happy Birthday to Famicom as well! I'll be joining you guys as well in about over a month Lol.

sasuke_91

Thanks for good info. Yeah she confuses me much. I can't get punishing rds 4 into my head. It doesn't look that bad/minus on block visually so I'm doing nothing. I must finally get this in practice mode.

Yeah, it really doesn't look so bad. Maybe it's because of her turning back animation. It also gives a bit of push-back, I think, so a standard df2 could be a bit too short ranged. Stuff like Hwoarang's b3 should be good enough to launch her, though. I have to try it out myself^^

GrayFoxPL

Didn't Harada say 36-38 is a good number?

On your list AAK I'd say at least Raven, Bruce, Marduk, Dragunov, Zafina and ugh Bob are safe.

They'll probably replace Ganryu with scrawny female sumo they wanted to make.

I wouldn't be so sure about Devil Jin, he could be Jin's transformation in T7.

AAK

I'm gonna assume 32 starting, and then 4 characters DLC. I suppose those 4 might be Bruce, Marduk, Dragunov, and a female.

Top Bottom