• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Haha, yeah I love Jun, two days in and I already play her better than most of my secondary characters. I feel a great synergy with her and Asuka.

This is the main reason I ceased to play any mishimas since Tekken 5. You cannot perform EWGFs reliably without an arcade stick (it is really impossible otherwise). I'm a long time dualshock player, so I had to let it go.

I feel like EWGFs are easier for me to do now more consistently... And I'm on pad... And I'm not a Mishima player.

LowParry

How do you combo off 3,3? I can't stand up quick enough for the d+1 to connect.

I never thought of doing u/f+3,4 after a launcher. Much easier than using f3+4. Thanks :)

b3+4 is nice combo starter, but it comes out a little slow.

3, 3 is a high low attack that she does. So it hits high, then she spins down low for a low attack. It only works of course if it isn't blocked.

Onemic

Great, the Eddy thread in Zaibatsu has zero info for newcomers to the character. No combos, no new players thread, no nothing. It's just discussions among people that have been playing Chrstie/Eddy since. :( Feels bad man

Ken

Great, the Eddy thread in Zaibatsu has zero info for newcomers to the character. No combos, no new players thread, no nothing. It's just discussions among people that have been playing Chrstie/Eddy since. :( Feels bad man

I wanted to try learning Asuka but all I saw were combos for specific partners. :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

I play Eddy as one of my mains, ask away. PM if you want.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The key is to hit d/f and 2 at the same time. Notation should be f,N,d,d/f+2.

As mentioned above, hitting d/f AND 2 at the same time is important. But also sliding d,d/f is just as important. Just practice and work on precision (it's not a slop move or something you can mash out).

You dont have to hit down =p. F,n,df+2. But yea. I used to do the move semi consistently on a dual shock back in tekken 5 days, so i don't see why it would be impossible to get down on a pad. I think the key to getting it down is by not really thinking about taping forward so much as just doing it then really just focusing on syncing the df with the 2. Once the timing is understood it becomes much easier.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I still can't get Michelle's f,F+3 > d+1+2 to come out right. I just can't cancel the required dash between the two steps of the combo. I've watched the demo play so many times and just can't do it myself. I guess my thumb just isn't physically fast enough. =/

World Tekken Federation is fully operational now, you can link your PSN/XBL accounts now and form teams.

Anyone wants to go ahead and create a NeoGAF team?

Onemic

what does while standing mean? I'm seeing a lot of combos have ws in them, and if they only mean literally a standing combo, why put it in there in the first place? I thought everything is assumed to be standing unless stated otherwise? Because I'm seeing other standing combos that don't have ws notation within the same thread and it's confusing the hell outta me.

what does while standing mean? I'm seeing a lot of combos have ws in them, and if they only mean literally a standing combo, why put it in there in the first place? I thought everything is assumed to be standing unless stated otherwise? Because I'm seeing other standing combos that don't have ws notation within the same thread and it's confusing the hell outta me.

while rising from a crouch

CSX

while standing is the tekken way of saying while rising.

you press the button as your character transitions to a standing stance from a crouching stance (letting go of the dpad/stick after crouching)

Thanks for the butt whooping again Sayah. I swear I dont know what it is about online but I always get so nervous and my mind goes blank. I drop combos, I dont sidestep, I dont block, I dont punish, I dont do anything but get hit lol. I'm not better than you guys but I am a whole lot better than what I've shown thus far. Just keep inviting me to rooms and hopefully the more I play I'll eventually be able to shake off these nerves.

Sayah

Thanks for the butt whooping again Sayah. I swear I dont know what it is about online but I always get so nervous and my mind goes blank. I drop combos, I dont sidestep, I dont block, I dont punish, I dont do anything but get hit lol. I'm not better than you guys but I am a whole lot better than what I've shown thus far. Just keep inviting me to rooms and hopefully the more I play I'll eventually be able to shake off these nerves.

Yeah, no prob. You'll get used to online the more you play, lol.

Edit: I can create a team for WTF unless someone else wants to. What should it be called? Each system (PS3/360) will need to have its own gaf team.

CSX

Edit: I can create a team for WTF unless someone else wants to. What should it be called? Each system (PS3/360) will need to have its own gaf team.

what? I thought WTF could have ps3 and 360 accounts all tied into one account. Im assuming the teams are based on your WTF that you signed up for, not the your PSN or XBLA

Esura

Banned
Lets not put NeoGAF in the name. Like, call it something GAF would recognize yet not called GAF....if that makes sense.

Maybe...I dunno. I suck at names.

So when you pick the gold highlighted ghosts and defeat them you get their items. The only thing that the character you're using gets is auras, kis, and panels. So if you have a choice between two gold teams at once, choose the one with the items you want more. I kept a piece of scrap paper nearby so I could jot down who to check afterwards since for some reason Namco didn't think they should let you know in game who has new stuff (unless I missed this option).

Did you guys stop playing or did I just get disconnected? If your still playing invite again, I need more pain.

Sayah

Lets not put NeoGAF in the name. Like, call it something GAF would recognize yet not called GAF....if that makes sense.

Maybe...I dunno. I suck at names.

Not exactly sure what to call it then. lol
what? I thought WTF could have ps3 and 360 accounts all tied into one account. Im assuming the teams are based on your WTF that you signed up for, not the your PSN or XBLA

Yeah, it gives you the option to sync data for both PS3 and 360 and combine it together. But with teams, they are dedicated to PS3 and 360 respectively, which I'm fine with.

Esura

Banned
Not exactly sure what to call it then. lol

With other games I always found making teams with forum mates using the forum's name is kinda...cheesy (no offense). But it doesn't matter, I'd join anyway. This seems like it would be fun. :D

Onemic

WTF is still giving me unknown errors when I wanna sign up.

And looks like Feng doesn't have any info on him either on Zaibatsu. Newbies are fucked at this game.

Esura

Banned
WTF is still giving me unknown errors when I wanna sign up.

And looks like Feng doesn't have any info on him either on Zaibatsu. Newbies are fucked at this game.

I've gotten more information from people like SDBurton and YT videos than I did from there. Newbies should just ask people here questions until they get more stuff posted and stickied.

Sayah

With other games I always found making teams with forum mates using the forum's name is kinda...cheesy (no offense). But it doesn't matter, I'd join anyway. This seems like it would be fun. :D

You're right. Naming it "neogaf" would be kind of boring.

Top Bottom