• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

it would be so great if you could use renders from the past Tekken games as your panels. I would love to use this render for Forest Law from Tekken 3:

forest-law-tekken-3-picture.jpg

or this render of Prototype Jack from Tekken 1 for the hell of it hahaha:

the whole cast looked so weird in Tekken 1, that's why I kinda would rock those old renders as a panel in TTT2 :lol

Also, does anyone know if you can unlock a simple tank top for Forest Law? sort of like what he had as his 2P costume in Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag.

SUPARSTARX

it would be so great if you could use renders from the past Tekken games as your panels. I would love to use this render for Forest Law from Tekken 3:

or this render of Prototype Jack from Tekken 1 for the hell of it hahaha:

the whole cast looked so weird in Tekken 1, that's why I kinda would rock those old renders as a panel in TTT2 :lol

Also, does anyone know if you can unlock a simple tank top for Forest Law? sort of like what he had as his 2P costume in Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag.

I need that track suitttt

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
So what's a good thing to do after Bryan's Jet Upper, he launches them so damn far.

Also what's the best way to deal with constant pressure as Bryan/Dragunov? Some people just constantly hit buttons and do strings and I feel like I can't do shit against it.

JEKKI

grrrr~!!!! I only kno how to use 2 characters in this game:

Xiaoyu and Baek,

and they work terribly together!!!

lol, I cant do a good bound/taggin/whatever they're called combos for crap!!!

I'm too old to learn new characters! lol. any tips on this combo??

LowParry

grrrr~!!!! I only kno how to use 2 characters in this game:

Xiaoyu and Baek,

and they work terribly together!!!

lol, I cant do a good bound/taggin/whatever they're called combos for crap!!!

I'm too old to learn new characters! lol. any tips on this combo??

Xiaoyu sure. Baek noooooo idea. One of the things that has been working for me with Xiaoyu is her f+2,1,4 after a tag in. But it depends on what you do for a bound with Baek. However I'm still trying other things with Xiaoyu but so far, that particular move has worked the best. As for a finisher after you've had her on point, f,f 1+2 (X) can work or if your opponent is carried, having her run in with 3 into Phoenix Stance works. Then you have options with her stance for either her 2,1 or sweep with 3+4.

Everyone got to watch how ass I am at the game T_T

You're the boss character pair. lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Man. All I can get at the walls with Ancient Ogre/True Ogre is 106 max. Can anyone else find a higher damage wall combo?

Serious question to long term players of the series. How the fuck do you memorize all your characters moves? I can't even move onto things like juggles and combos because I keep forgetting which each combination of buttons does.

Then I have learn team synergy, Uses of rage and tag moves and then after that match ups?

I thought the ign review was stupid at first but the writer does have a point. Tekken over the years has become infinitely more complicated.

still enjoying the game, but by the time I understand the system and my mains enough To take them online, most people will of got bored of the game.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Serious question to long term players of the series. How the fuck do you memorize all your characters moves? I can't even move onto things like juggles and combos because I keep forgetting which each combination of buttons does.

Then I have learn team synergy, Uses of rage and tag moves and then after that match ups?

I thought the ign review was stupid at first but the writer does have a point. Tekken over the years has become infinitely more complicated.

still enjoying the game, but by the time I understand the system and my mains enough To take them online, most people will of got bored of the game.

It's fine. Not everyone can succeed in life. If people don't want to put time into it, they don't have to. That's all there is to it. TEKKEN is a game where you get what you put into it. Nothing more, nothing less.

alstein

You memorize it bit by bit over hundreds of matches. Concentrate on one or two things at a time, though that is super-difficult in this , moreso than any other fighter.

What makes Tekken worse is that the reaction and execution requirements are much higher than other 3D fighters. When facing someone with good movement, I feel like it's a massive risk to try anything to get them to stop moving- it's like VF evade crouch dash cancel on steroids and all I have is threat stance.

I really think Tekken 7 needs to be an overhaul of the series, they've gone as far as they can with the old Tekken concepts, and this game really is the Tekken version of an KOF Ultimate/Unlimited match. That said, I wonder if Tekken fans would reject change because it's change- I know some VF folks were upset over the system changes in FS. What else can you add?

Sometimes you have to make big changes to a series to keep it from being stale, or to allow new players to learn.

I think this game will last a good while, so you got months to learn.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I really think that I want to use True Ogre/Ogre as my main team. So far I am in love with them the most.

It's not as hard as it seems. Nobody knows ALL the moves. A lot of them do the same thing as another move, but better/worse. You just go through the command list and pick out the most useful ones. Practice them for a bit, memorize a few juggles and then do some ghost battles to form some strategies before taking them online.

I did all this with Ancient Ogre in about half an hour and I can play decently with him already. Granted, he's mostly unchanged since TTT1, but I haven't touched that game in like 8 years.

Deps

This is probably selfish, but I really hope they don't change the system, or at least not much when/if Tekken 7 comes out. I've literally never touched Tekken in my life until this game. Learning BDC, wavedash, my character and the game in general has been a more rewarding experience than any other FG I've played, and I play/played every FG.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I really wish I could find a male character to play as. :lol Not that I have any problem with female characters, hell I prefer them, but just for the sake of variety I wish I could find a male character that "clicks" with me.

Also, perfected Unknown in Time Attack with Jun/Leo (only used Jun though). Feels good man. :D

Uthred

It's fine. Not everyone can succeed in life. If people don't want to put time into it, they don't have to. That's all there is to it. TEKKEN is a game where you get what you put into it. Nothing more, nothing less.

No offence, you generally seem like a cool guy, but what is the point of a response like this? It's the kind of condescending elitism that the "FGC" would be better off without. You dont even address the question you simply imply (the laughable notion) that someone is a failure in life if they have difficulty picking up the game.

Doomshine

WTF is still giving me unknown errors when I wanna sign up.

And looks like Feng doesn't have any info on him either on Zaibatsu. Newbies are fucked at this game.

You should probably check out the T6 forums first if you haven't, the playstyle is mostly the same for most characters. The TTT2 character forums should be updated eventually.

Also what's the best way to deal with constant pressure as Bryan/Dragunov? Some people just constantly hit buttons and do strings and I feel like I can't do shit against it.

With Dragunov you can try to CH confirm 1,2,1 to get them off you. Bryan's 1,2,1 doesn't knock them away but it still gives you advantage, if you have the time you can try to land a CH f+3 for a full combo.

Pachimari

Here's my Player Card. :(
But I have been playing against a lot of players above my level it have to be said but that's a good way of pushing oneself and learning I think.

I love playing with the GAFFERS though and I'm seriously practicing the core mechanics of the game.

By the way, they really made Julia Chang way more awesome as JayCee, I love her. Jun is also very good.

Onemic

You should probably check out the T6 forums first if you haven't, the playstyle is mostly the same for most characters. The TTT2 character forums should be updated eventually.

With Dragunov you can try to CH confirm 1,2,1 to get them off you. Bryan's 1,2,1 doesn't knock them away but it still gives you advantage, if you have the time you can try to land a CH f+3 for a full combo.

The feng forums said the t6 stuff is completely outdated due to all the changes that have been applied to him. I learned a random juggle combo from there that still works, but I'm guessing it's now pretty inefficient compared to the ttt2 stuff, especially when the feng guys are calling the T6 stuff useless. I'm spending more time looking helplesly for info on how to play the characters I want to play than actually practicing. I'm now beginning to understand where the IGN and Edge reviews were coming from.

Doomshine

The feng forums said the t6 stuff is completely outdated due to all the changes that have been applied to him. I learned a random juggle combo from there that still works, but I'm guessing it's now pretty inefficient compared to the ttt2 stuff, especially when the feng guys are calling the T6 stuff useless. I'm spending more time looking helplesly for info on how to play the characters I want to play than actually practicing. I'm now beginning to understand where the IGN and Edge reviews were coming from.

If you're looking for something to say exactly how Feng should be played then you probably won't find it, everyone plays him differently. The best way to get ideas is to watch high level match videos.

Man, when do you start unlocking those additional hair pieces for Customize mode?

Yeah I'd like to know this too, I fought some girls with hairstyles I've never seen available and then there's the three hairstyle icons in the customization store that aren't selectable for me :/

So far I've won about 50 gold matches in ghost battle and haven't unlocked these.

No offence, you generally seem like a cool guy, but what is the point of a response like this? It's the kind of condescending elitism that the "FGC" would be better off without. You dont even address the question you simply imply (the laughable notion) that someone is a failure in life if they have difficulty picking up the game.
I agree. That was extremely dickish. Sure, he and others may have more skill in the genre, but they've also sacificed a lot of time and money in it. That investment tends to narrow their viewpoints wher they think only tourney-calibur players matter. Afterall, if they weren't the only ones who mattered, then they wasted a significant chunk of life for naught.

Week 1 of the game being out and someone is complaining about how much they suck, how hard it is, there's too much to learn, it's too complex, etc, etc, bla bla blah. How do you even give a serious response to that? You've had basically no time with the game yet, but you're already complaining about . . . anything? Why? Why do people have it in their heads that you can pick up fighting games so quickly? "I've been practicing all week and I'm not gdlk yet? There's something wrong with this game. Maybe it needs to be simpler/easier/more approachable." Yea, okay.

Instead of getting your feelings hurt over the so-called elitism, why don't you look at the truth in his statements. If you want to get better at Tekken, or any fighting game, you're going to have to put time into practicing. Time and practicing are the key words here.

Check out some guides online for your characters, the movelist usually boils down to like 10 most useful moves per character, learn the launchers and a couple of really damaging combos.

Thats all you need to get playing so you dont constantly lose ;D you learn the roster as you play along and when you get bored of those 10 moves you can dig in to practice mode and see what else is there.

Skilletor

You've answered your own question.

But, in learning a new character, I tend to go through training mode command list several times, and then I watch a match vid to see what moves good players move, then I go through the command list again and again until I feel I've memorized the moves.

It takes time. Lots of time.

STG

I've never had to wait for more than 1 minute to find a match (xbox). Are your ports forwarded, and nat open?

NAT is closed, and there is no way to change that (believe me)

other games work mostly

the problem with tag2 is, it automaticly makes everything a 1 bar connection because of that, every other game I know is not doing this

guess I have to stick to ghost matches

Top Bottom