• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA Online

Ricker

If Tera doesnt launch with the level 60 update then it will die in NA as fast as it did in Korea.

I can understand that En Masse wants to have Tera out before Guild Wars 2 but a bad launch is almost a guaranteed death sentence.

Wait so this game is dead already in Korea?...doesn't bode well for NA then,looks like another Aion that people will play for the first free month and all leave after...?

TGMIII

Wait so this game is dead already in Korea?...doesn't bode well for NA then,looks like another Aion that people will play for the first free month and all leave after...?

Aion is doing pretty well for itself actually, it just didn't pick up in the western world.

I can't see Tera be anything but a fairly low-pop MMO. I hope I'm wrong but with StarWars just out, Guild Wars 2 and a new WoW expansion coming out it's not looking great for them.

I feel like even now they've dealt with things really poorly, no one has any idea what's going on in the community except for the fact that we know a few people are in the closed beta. The only updates we get are screenshots and if you read their facebook updates people got tired of that a loooooong time ago. News updates that had hundreds of comments and likes now have 4 or 5 comments and a like or 2.

esserius

Banned
Seems like En Masse fell into the old marketing trap of releasing too much information too early, and interest has basically died off by the time the game will even be released. Another MMO down the drain.

Political system sounds interesting. I really hope this game turns out well. I've been jonesing for PSO style MMO since well...PSO (ie an MMO with more action based combat).

Izayoi

Banned
Seems like En Masse fell into the old marketing trap of releasing too much information too early, and interest has basically died off by the time the game will even be released. Another MMO down the drain.
It's more like they haven't released enough information. A new screenshot maybe once a month isn't enough to satisfy people.

The game will do fine when it launches, but it will never have more than 100,000k simultaneous subs - which is fine, as long as they don't go crazy with tons of servers.

TERA Beta Sign-Up
January 12, 2012
Welcome to the TERA Beta Sign-Up!

TERA's beta tests, originally called preview events, will start with closed phases requiring invitations to each session and will end with an open beta test just before TERA launches. To add yourself as a potential TERA beta tester for the closed beta tests, you'll need to sign up.

Signing up is easy: just enter your email address in the text box below. We'll also send you important TERA news from En Masse Entertainment. Do you already receive our TERA newsletter, or have you completed our TERA alpha test application survey? Your email address is already signed up—no need to re-enter it!

Yes, I want to sign up as a potential TERA beta tester!

A few things to note:
• TERA's closed beta tests each require a unique invitation. Each invitation will indicate which closed beta test it is valid for. Submitting your email address more than once won’t increase your chances of receiving an invitation.

• Invitations to TERA's closed beta test will be distributed before each event based on random selection.

• Invitations to TERA's open beta test will be distributed to everyone who signs up to be a TERA beta tester.

• If you participated in our TERA alpha test, your access will extend to all TERA beta tests.

• We will introduce additional methods of securing an invitation to TERA's closed beta tests such as official contests and giveaways.
Do you have more questions about TERA's beta tests or signing up to be a tester? While we aren't ready to share many details yet, please post any questions in this thread on the official TERA forums. We'll provide more information based on your posts in the coming weeks.

TGMIII

I seriously hope for en masse's sake that they have a reasonable amount of beta slots and a reasonable amount of play time for each person otherwise they're just digging themselves into an even bigger grave. I remember the A.B.P beta being horrible, you were assigned to either team Red or Team Blue with one team getting 2-3 days of playtime while the other team got literally 8 hours.

Feep

Banned
This world is too pretty to let die. I'm going to explore it, even if for no other reason than to show my respects to the art team.

KiteGr

I was interested in Tera...
...until I found Guild Wars 2.

The first walkthrough I saw blew my head away with it's action combat.
Then I saw a video of the characters fighting a giant enemy crab.
Then I saw a dungeon with generic demons, and the characters fighting usint the holy trinity (tank, healer, DPS).
Then I saw the clothing and the loli characters...
Then I saw the subscriptions...

This game sure know how to slowlly take my interest away.
At first I was impressed by the action dynamic combat and the graphics, but I realised that those were the only pross the game had, and a behind them was another generic korean MMO.

Perhaps it's GW2 that had spoiled me.
I don't want to completelly give up on the game though, that's why I signed up for the beta, to allow the game to give me a chance to give it a second chance.

Muddimar

Signed up also. I signed up for the damn newsletter months ago because I thought they would inform me of the beta sign up... so much for that. Oh well, hopefully I get in I've been eyeballin' this game for a while. Looks like it could settle my craving to play an MMO.

Hopefully a beta player can confirm the extent of censorship in the game as it is a sensitive point of debate for a significant amount of players that are against aesthetic revision for the sake of Western sensitivities.

EDarkness

Been playing the Japanese version of the game, but it'll be great to play it in English finally. Went ahead and signed up even though I think I signed up a few months ago.

Zomba13

Signed up for the EU beta. Still hyped for this. The world looks beautiful and the combat looks fun (which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for most MMO game combat).

Muddimar

What class/race are you guys thinking about playing? I'm thinking a Baraka/Priest. But after reading around some of the tera forums, I saw a lot of people bashing priests. Anyone that played KR version have any input?

Hobs

Neo Member
What class/race are you guys thinking about playing? I'm thinking a Baraka/Priest. But after reading around some of the tera forums, I saw a lot of people bashing priests. Anyone that played KR version have any input?

I don't know how much it has changed since I last played the KR version, but playing priest was pretty fun, soloing later on was a bit tricky though.

Muddimar

I don't know how much it has changed since I last played the KR version, but playing priest was pretty fun, soloing later on was a bit tricky though.

I'm ok with tricky, as long as I'm not completely useless to groups. Also, I'm ok with them being terrible at PvP (from what I read). I normally play a melee dps role in MMO's, but I really have an urge to play a priest in this game for some reason. I'll likely roll a Slayer at some point, they seem pretty cool.

RSLAEV

Huh, really? I never heard about it? Did they say what was changing?
I'm assuming it's stuff like this:

fEUso.png

3COic.jpg

The existence of this game in it's original form has certainly resulted in a massive spike in pedo-raep in Korea. Do you want that to happen here too?!

The M.O.B

Huh, really? I never heard about it? Did they say what was changing?

It's about the race where its a bunch of little girls wearing short skirts with panties constantly showing. Devs said they would change it for Western audience. That's literally all it is people are complaining about.

See above.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm assuming it's stuff like this:

fEUso.png

3COic.jpg

The existence of this game in it's original form has certainly resulted in a massive spike in pedo-raep in Korea. Do you want that to happen here too?!

Hah. Wonder if they'll do the same with the older looking chars.

Meh, no big deal then. Wasn't interesting in playing as that thing anyway. I'll probably pick a fast fighter like I picked Lann in Vindictus.

vivin

Loved my short time with the Korean client. Decided to wait until the english version before investing more time, who woulda guessed it would take this long to start rolling out?

Anyways, signed up to the NA beta, lets hope its not actually restricted to just people from America...

I had previously only seen images of the "shorts" replacement which didn't seem too bad but that second screenshot is a bit overkill in my opinion. It looks like her legs are wrapped in blue ace bandages.

TGMIII

I don't think they plan to, they've never said anything about the other races but they did tell people a long time ago that the Elin race would be visually changed before retail launch.

Izayoi

Banned
I was interested in Tera...
...until I found Guild Wars 2.
The games are not even remotely the same, combat-wise (or anything-wise, really).

It's great that you're interested in GW2 (as I'm sure many of us are), but I'm not sure why you'd let one game detract from your interest in the other.

They won't. Some of the changes look pretty tacky though (see the leg coverings on the second image). Could definitely have put a little more time into it, seems pretty lazy to me.

Top Bottom