• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA Online

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Finally!

I enjoyed playing the Korean version but eventually not understanding what I was doing got to me. No idea why this is taking so long to release here but I have TOR to tide me over now so it's all good.

I'm assuming it's stuff like this:

fEUso.png

3COic.jpg

The existence of this game in it's original form has certainly resulted in a massive spike in pedo-raep in Korea. Do you want that to happen here too?!

Doesn't go far enough imo, the whole idea needs a rethink. Just covering up a bit more just looks retarded, especially in the second example.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Doesn't go far enough imo, the whole idea needs a rethink. Just covering up a bit more just looks retarded, especially in the second example.

They're not actually children.

Babalu.

Finally!

Been waiting a couple years for this. Played a month in the Korean client but stopped and waited for english version.

This is the game that was suppose to hold me over until guild wars 2. Now its practically coming out around the same time. sheesh.

Veronica

Banned
I was a focus group tester, but I just happen to be perma-banned for "insulting players and employees of En Masse" because I was wondering why the hell 2 years had passed since had I tested it, and it was a perfectly good game then. I guess my beta chances are 0. lol..

My anticipation for it is gone anyway.

Muddimar

Did anyone else "retweet" the twitter announcement for another chance to be selected in beta? I think the details are on the main page. I think they select like 25 people or something as winners at the end of the month. So does that mean invites won't be sent out until the end of the month?

Are they taking away the cat/bunny ears or is there something off with that pic? Seems like a dumb idea to take it away as it just makes them seem more like human children then

Midou

Oh that's ok then... Wait a second no it isn't. They still look like children with bunny ears and skimpy outfits.

Basically. Pedo games try to pull this all the time 'everyone in this game is 18+, why are they in first year of highschool? Cause fuck you that's why'.

It may be a weird reason, but it's one of the main reasons I'm staying away from the game, I'm sure a lot of weirdos will be running around as that race. I would not consider anyone who picks it normal.

Good thing there are like half a dozen better looking online games coming out this year or so.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Basically. Pedo games try to pull this all the time 'everyone in this game is 18+, why are they in first year of highschool? Cause fuck you that's why'.

It may be a weird reason, but it's one of the main reasons I'm staying away from the game, I'm sure a lot of weirdos will be running around as that race. I would not consider anyone who picks it normal.

Good thing there are like half a dozen better looking online games coming out this year or so.

Sounds like you have some personal issues. Gameplay and game mechanics are one thing. But this? LOL simply childish to let it get to you.

As for my character, I enjoyed my female High Elf warrior, looked hot and elegant dodging and such :3 Although I find female lancers and slayers a bit weird to see.

Midou

Sounds like you have some personal issues. Gameplay and game mechanics are one thing. But this? LOL simply childish to let it get to you.

As for my character, I enjoyed my female High Elf warrior, looked hot and elegant dodging and such :3 Although I find female lancers and slayers a bit weird to see.

I know the reason isn't good, but that doesn't mean it doesn't bother me. <3

Not sure why they felt the need to go for pedophile demographic. It's perfectly possible to have cute and tiny characters without going into that territory. (i.e FFXI)

Honestly, if I cared about the game, it probably wouldn't bother me. I haven't really seen anything in it that would make me want to play it.

I signed up for beta anyways, maybe it won't play as meh as it looks. Lots of MMOs are all flash and no substance, or lots of substance for first 10 levels or whatnot, particularly korean ones.

The M.O.B

Weird, I thought it was f2p for the longest time.

Having to buy the game and then start a monthly subscription is a huge turnoff for me.

Not sure why they felt the need to go for pedophile demographic. It's perfectly possible to have cute and tiny characters without going into that territory. (i.e FFXI)

Honestly, if I cared about the game, it probably wouldn't bother me. I haven't really seen anything in it that would make me want to play it.

I signed up for beta anyways, maybe it won't play as meh as it looks. Lots of MMOs are all flash and no substance, or lots of substance for first 10 levels or whatnot, particularly korean ones.

It's originally a korean game. Take a look at Korean pop culture..... you will realize why the game characters look the way they do.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I played the korean version for a month or so as an... expensive demo I guess you can say off of word of mouth from a friend. I've been hyped for it since. If you get lucky and get in you might just get hooked yourself :p The combat just feels good.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I read the bit about the pay system and was fairly certain it was P2P, that's why I was asking confirmation about F2P which was recently brought up a few posts ago.

Yeah my bad, the -.- face wasn't ment for you. Also your avatar and the poster above you is perfect together.

Midou

I played the korean version for a month or so as an... expensive demo I guess you can say off of word of mouth from a friend. I've been hyped for it since. If you get lucky and get in you might just get hooked yourself :p The combat just feels good.

My problem with Action MMOs is usually the folly of it all. Typically it's just a sped up turn based game of sorts, like, too focused on levels, not enough on doing cool actiony stuff. What I want in an Action MMO is basically Dark Souls, I want my skill to be able to surpass the level requirements, with last second dodging being possible and whatnot, not a hit box 2-3x the size of your character.

I've watched a decent amount of Tera videos, but I'm not sure how close or far it is from what I'd want.

Edit: Watching one video now with some big boss, and they keep hitting the character and missing, guess it's not quite what I wanted. Might just be the character has a lot of life too I guess

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My problem with Action MMOs is usually the folly of it all. Typically it's just a sped up turn based game of sorts, like, too focused on levels, not enough on doing cool actiony stuff. What I want in an Action MMO is basically Dark Souls, I want my skill to be able to surpass the level requirements, with last second dodging being possible and whatnot, not a hit box 2-3x the size of your character.

I've watched a decent amount of Tera videos, but I'm not sure how close or far it is from what I'd want.

Nope it's exactly that, there are things you have half a second to doge or you lose half life or more at times. :D The roll has invulnerability frames in it.
I've played the game, what video are you watching exactly? Bosses and stuff never straight up miss you unless you are out of their range or in the middle of a dodge type move.

how instanced is Tera?

Is it like GW or PSO with lobby and instance stuff or more like traditional mmo? Hit detection needs to be spot on for this game to be enjoyable, so I do wonder how this would work for large scale raids or world bosses and what not.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
how instanced is Tera?

Is it like GW or PSO with lobby and instance stuff or more like traditional mmo? Hit detection needs to be spot on for this game to be enjoyable, so I do wonder how this would work for large scale raids or world bosses and what not.

Open world with instances. Standard mmo fare.

Midou

Nope it's exactly that, there are things you have half a second to doge or you lose half life or more at times. :D The roll has invulnerability frames in it.
I've played the game, what video are you watching exactly? Bosses and stuff never straight up miss you unless you are out of their range or in the middle of a dodge type move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ShwgsSPnE

This one. I was expecting that the big ground stabs would either do more or at least knock back the character, since they are slow and give plenty of time to dodge.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
QisTopTier... what classes did you level when you played the Korean version?

Warrior and Priest.

My friends leveled a mystic and a mage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ShwgsSPnE

This one. I was expecting that the big ground stabs would either do more or at least knock back the character, since they are slow and give plenty of time to dodge.

Oh that's just how the lancers are in general, they don't bring much to the table besides raw tanking and taunts. If you want to play the evasion tank roll warrior they actually are better in the long run with a skilled group. Way harder to play though. If I remember right, lancers block and it drains their MP think of it like someone in dark souls with a tower shield and spear. Which in relation looks boring as well eh? :p Look up warrior or slayer videos.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Perfect. I was looking to play a Priest, but after roaming around various forums there seems to be an on going battle of mystic vs priest. And whether or not Priests can really hold up against a Mystic, etc. I want your input.

Priest in general are harder to play you gotta aim all your heals perfectly but they are stronger heals. Mystic has an mp regen buff though and their heals are more auto pilot so it's easier to use them overall. This is how it was back when I played though and there might have been some balance changes.

StudioTan

Oh that's ok then... Wait a second no it isn't. They still look like children with bunny ears and skimpy outfits.

That does sound unhealthy when you put it like that. Fine, let's just stick with being sexually attracted to the adult looking computer game characters.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What if people are just turned on by midgets. I mean have you seen any little girls with legs like theirs? I havent. But i seen midgets!

Did anyone else "retweet" the twitter announcement for another chance to be selected in beta? I think the details are on the main page. I think they select like 25 people or something as winners at the end of the month. So does that mean invites won't be sent out until the end of the month?

Looks like it might be temporarily down. I'm getting page not found errors. :(

Edit: Page is back up. Retweeted!

The website prompts you for your date of birth when you try to view the races. I thought it was just for the Elins but it's showing the prompt for every race. lol... What the hell?

Top Bottom