• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terror attack kills 12 at Paris newspaper - 4 wounded, gunmen identified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happens all the time and frankly I don't get why Muslims have to go out and distance themselves from this. We don't expect or require Christians to distance themselves when Christian murderers commit atrocities.

Because a christian doing this in the name of religion would earn laughter. He would act against his religion. A Muslim would not.
That's why. Contrary to popular believe not every religion teaches the same things and not every religion is about love and peace and fairytales.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
B6viYn6IYAAul73.jpg
The tight grouping of those shots is very telling. These murderers are well trained. What a truly horrific crime (of course).

Is there some kind of leader in Islam like the Pope for Christianity? If so, radicals Islamists should just be officially excommunicated to show that their crimes aren't backed by their interpretation of the Koran and they will not have their virgins in paradise.

That is partially the problem with Islam - there is no big shot keeping an eye on the whole operation.

There's a bunch of them, each one being the pope of their own sect of Islam.

Alucrid

Banned
Is there some kind of leader in Islam like the Pope for Christianity? If so, radicals Islamists should just be officially excommunicated to show that their crimes aren't backed by their interpretation of the Koran and they will not have their virgins in paradise.
The Pope is only a leader for catholics, not Christians. Anyways, fuck these assholes

Is there some kind of leader in Islam like the Pope for Christianity?

No, there's nothing quite similar as an organization as the Catholic church (even in other organized religions). Pretty much any muslim scholar can call himself an authority on religion.

All you need in order to be considered a muslim is to recite the shahadah. Islamic terrorists are muslims who have sinned, but muslims nonetheless.

Pacbois

We're just reading the news, dude.

It's not confirmed news, as long as we don't know the idendity of the shooters, we won't certainly know the motives. It's okay to consider islamic extremists as potential perpetrators, but when I see a lot of discussions about the "dangers" of muslims I feel it's somehow out of line.

I come from an Algerian muslim family (I consider myself agnostic and wasn't raised religiously) that perfectly integrated into French society, and everytime people jump into generalisation about the whole muslim community I feel sad.

Sure Islamist extremists exists, sure they use religion to justify atrocious violence, but they're a tiny minority.

Absolutely horrible.

Now watch ten million posts about why Muslims actually like this stuff because they are not out protesting against each and every terror attack in the world.

I fucking hate this shit, fuck these extremist murderers.

Guy.brush

I think they got killed over this:
Charliehebdo.jpg

how weak is your prophet, that you have to kill people for satire and over a fucking cartoon?

What is the thought process of these killers?
That they will meet the prophet in heaven and he will be like: Thank you, thank you. You restored my almighty image among the nonbelieving sheep. Could have done it myself you know, but hold on, let me see in which galaxy did I hide the dozens of virgins you can now play with for all eternity?

jesusuniverse02e2uus.png

Happens all the time and frankly I don't get why Muslims have to go out and distance themselves from this. We don't expect or require Christians to distance themselves when Christian murderers commit atrocities.

Probably because there are millions of Muslims who would support what these people have done. You don't see many Christians holding these kinds of signs around the world:

oSAAqnH.jpg

Kathian

Banned
That is partially the problem with Islam - there is no big shot keeping an eye on the whole operation.

There's a bunch of them, each one being the pope of their own sect of Islam.

This itself is ignorant of Christianity and other religions. Christianity has numerous churches and some have no real hierarchy.

Footage showing a policeman getting shot dead (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT - You don't see any blood or mutilation, though):

Edit: link is dead
Edit 2: It was probably insensitive and I apologize for this.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
police-paris_3156742c.jpg

That's a pretty good grouping, specially if they were shooting with AK-type rifles. Those fuckers are definitely not amateurs.

I can only imagine there's going to be a real shitstorm if they happened to be IS-hardened militants.

Sec0nd

I'm going to be super pessimistic right away. This is going to be super bad all across Europe with already the growing anti-Islamatic ideas right?

11 deaths, 4 critical harmed.

Charb (head of the newspaper) dead.

FUCK.

I can't believe this happened

Seriously injured, but no official reports about his death.

One of his cartoon from this week.

B6vs5uPCEAEE1pZ.jpg

"Still no terrorist attack in France"
"Wait! We have until end of january to send our wishes."

Zaph

I'm going to be super pessimistic right away. This is going to be super bad all across Europe with already the growing anti-Islamatic ideas right?

Yup. Lots of right wing parties going to see an even bigger surge in popularity.

Dawg

A video was posted and removed on facebook.

It showed someone lying on the floor and being shot. Filmed by someone on the roof.

coleco

Radio - According to witnesses they knew exactly who they were targeting inside the offices and talked in not so good french.

Mohonky

police-paris_3156742c.jpg

That's a pretty good grouping, specially if they were shooting with AK-type rifles. Those fuckers are definitely not amateurs.

I can only imagine there's going to be a real shitstorm if they happened to be IS-hardened militants.

Yeh thats a tight as shit grouping for a rifle like an AK.

Wouldnt be a stretch to suspect potentially these guys are potentially IS returns.

Incidents like this will really go great things for the far right movements.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I was going to say I couldn't believe they got to Charb, but it is obvious that this was a very well staged attack and that he was one of the main objetives.

Stay strong, France.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom