• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terror attack kills 12 at Paris newspaper - 4 wounded, gunmen identified

Status
Not open for further replies.

coleco

Abandoned terrorists' car:

B6vraq0IcAEffQV.jpg:large

B6vvDskIAAATz5E.jpg:large

B6vzksQIAAAOe7W.jpg:large

Beefy

Sky showing the lead up to when the police man gets killed.But not showing the police man getting shot or killed. Fair play to Sky (atm).

HeySeuss

CNN did as well. They cut out the killshot, but showed both the lead up and the cop lying dead afterwards. Really can't believe they aired it either.

Imagine being the family of that officer and seeing this as they play it repeatedly. Chances are his family didn't know his fate before they saw the video. They unknowingly watched him be killed. Shameful of the media to show it like that.

RJT

Yes, they will surely be pleased with more "blasphemy" in circulation, absolutely delighted.

Let's be a little tad more realistic here: Terrorists groups never aspire to "chaos" or "hate". They are not a cartoon villian organization. They have political aims and use terror in the broadest sense of the word in order to archieve said aims. They want to create a new political system or at least, to create a new politic climate or policy that replaces the current ones, like every single terrorist group that ever existed, let it be the IRA, the Tamil Tigers or Al-Qaeda. I don't think that these will be any different.

I absolutely agree with your premise: they don't want chaos, they want their order. But they don't just want censorship, they want the rule of what they believe is the divine law.

In short, they would reach their desired aims. That's just fucking great. Self-censoreship is not "respect", is defeat.

I don't wan't censorship, but I also don't want to be offensive just out of spite. There are hundreds of millions of people that hold dear to their hearts some things that these people also do. To hurt these monsters you would be hurting the innocent too. Why would you want to do that?

Abandoned terrorists' car:

B6vraq0IcAEffQV.jpg:large

B6vvDskIAAATz5E.jpg:large

B6vzksQIAAAOe7W.jpg:large

Rue Meaux, they drove a mile north from the shooting. Still inside Paris. Popular neigborhood. very nearby access to 3 subway lines.

edit : haven't seen the newer post : they hijacked a car on the periph' could be anywhere now.

ape2man

Imagine being the family of that officer and seeing this as they play it repeatedly. Chances are his family didn't know his fate before they saw the video. They unknowingly watched him be killed. Shameful of the media to show it like that.

He is still alive.

French television pointed out (from the video footage) that one of the attackers lost his shoe before killing the policeman and picked it up again.

Looks like they don't want to leave any clues.

scitek

Man Sky News are running with that footage.

Despite the content, it's incredible footage. It's got the best view of the gunmen by far, and clearly displays the professional manner in which they acted. It's gross, but it makes sense why they'd use most of it.

Social

This really sucks, what a horrible way to start the new year. I'm glad I got out of Europe when I did, these things will happen more often each and every year.

As a French author said :

"All religions are damn stupid, but Islam is really the most fucked-up of all."
I'll just agree with this. In my life time at least. I know well enough that if I was born in a different century it would be a different religion leading the crazy train.

Muslims in Europe are going to become a bigger and bigger problem as their population grows. The contrast between muslims and other people living in Europe is simply just too large.

I'm OK with multiculturalism, but that doesn't mean I'd have to like every culture and the muslim culture is one I definitely do not like. It's a culture that's severely off-balanced. It's too masculine and far too outdated. It's in dire need for a reform or, preferably, dissolving altogether. There's no place for it in a modern, civilized society.

Stop treating Muslims as a community. They are not united as one community, but united within their ethnic lines. There's no such thing as Muslim culture but the individual cultures of Muslim majority ethnicities.
He is still alive.
What? Thank god if true.

HeySeuss

He is still alive.

How do you know this? It's possible to survive a rifle shot to the head but I've not seen anybody else indicate he was alive.

Even still, my point still stands. Watching the video you don't expect someone to survive that.

Despite the content, it's incredible footage. It's got the best view of the gunmen by far, and clearly displays the professional manner in which they acted. It's gross, but it makes sense why they'd use most of it.

Yeah I understand it, just meant that they seemed to be playing it on a loop there for a little while, kept airing it over and over.

Renzoku

Banned
If these translations are inaccurate, please let me know and I will remove the image.

It might only be a slim minority committing these acts of barbarity, but boy do I wonder how many people are ok with this shit, condone it, or even support it.

Bedlam

You shouldn't react that way, "keep calm and carry on". You mostly fight terror with lack of fear.
Easy to say. With crazy gunmen running around in your neighborhood I wouldn't want to go outside either if it isn't absolutely necessary.

I do hope, however, that French newspapers will double down on the caricatures just to show these animals the importance of freedom of speech.

How do you know this? It's possible to survive a rifle shot to the head but I've not seen anybody else indicate he was alive.

Even still, my point still stands. Watching the video you don't expect someone to survive that.

phew, I guess their intention wasn't to shoot him in the head. I mean, if you rewatch closely, the bullet goes to the ground directly, so he would simply cower in fear and not look at them anymore.

Or maybe his intention was to shoot him in the head and he failed, while the cop intelligently played dead.

Dryk

Must really suck to be a French cop right now. I can't imagine what the pressure to figure out where these guys are going to strike next is like

It's obvious they don't plan on surviving the attack if they have a rocket launcher, they're probably going to try and target their next attack if the police doesn't terminate them first.

But they had bulletproof vests, a car ready to pick them up for an escape and they didn't wait for a fight with the police. Looks like they did expect to make it out alive - which is somewhat unusual for jihadists.

What is a Muslim ethnicity?
A Muslim majority ethnicity is an ethnic group with historical ties to Islam. Just like how Europe is filled with Christian majority ethnicities.

Being of a Muslim or Christisan majority ethnicity says nothing of an individual's religious feelings. Most fellow Turks I know are not religious in anyway, though most are believers.

goomba

Banned
Eurabia, cultural marxism, etc.
Breivik chose to be baptized at age 15. He self-identified as “Christian” on his Facebook page. He thought “Christianity should recombine under the banner of a reconstituted and traditionalist Catholic Church” or, later, under a new (traditionalist) European Church. he considers himself to be fighting in the name of “our Christian cultural heritage.” He supports a reconstituted Knights Templar devoted to winning a war against Islam in the name of Christianity.
All of this says “Christian terrorist.”

marrec

Banned
If these translations are inaccurate, please let me know and I will remove the image.

It might only be a slim minority committing these acts of barbarity, but boy do I wonder how many people are ok with this shit, condone it, or even support it.

Not as many as you want to think.

"I found some tweets from tweeters so that proves muslims are evil" is what you seem to be saying with this image. :-/

chadskin

It's obvious they don't plan on surviving the attack if they have a rocket launcher, they're probably going to try and target their next attack if the police doesn't terminate them first.

Not sure about that. If they didn't plan on surviving, they wouldn't have a getaway car ready and - by all we know - driven away from the center of Paris.

HeySeuss

phew, I guess their intention wasn't to shoot him in the head. I mean, if you rewatch closely, the bullet goes to the ground directly, so he would simply cower in fear and not look at them anymore.

Or maybe his intention was to shoot him in the head and he failed, while the cop intelligently played dead.

Let's hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom