• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrorist attack at Charlie Hebdo magazine. 12 dead. 11 wounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc Burleigh ‏@marcburleigh 59s60 seconds ago
At least 2 dead in hostage-taking in eastern Paris, police sources say. #AFP

Agence France-Presse @ afpfr 1m1 minute ago
Shooting and hostage-taking Porte de Vincennes: at least two deaths (close file) # AFP
0 replies 41 retweets 0 favorites

fuck :/

Nothing on BBC yet....

Like Darth Vader with some of those helmets. This is crazy, hopefully a solution found to thwart actions like this from becoming an option for anyone who disagree with free speech.

They're actions won't change anything, but get a real international effort against Jihad.

Koren

Islam appears to breed terrorists with more success than other religions.
Even if it's true now, it depends on time. When ten thousands protestants were killed in Paris and France in 1572, that wasn't an islam affair.

I'd say it's rather a matter of which religion is the most common one in countries where social and political situations are difficult. It's just "bad luck" for Islam. I really don't think there's more in Quran (spelling?) than in most other sacred books of others religions to (try to) justify terrorism acts.

Journalists are civilians!

I know that, I said civilians that had nothing to do with the cartoons. They have hijacked numerous cars, robbed a petrol station and have been driving around for a while and not hurt anybody else, yet. Not saying they are angels, but to compare them to the Mumbai attacks is a bit much, especially for a news channel that I respect (bbc) those Mumbai guys were on a killing spree attack, nobody was safe. It seems these guys are trying to be more professional, in their fucked up heads they probably consider themselves noble.

Chariot

Not sure the suspects - who most certainly are tired and full of adrenline - have the time to watch TV channels while holding a map of the complex they are in and then are able to interprete footage from the outside and make mind maps like Jack Bauer of where every law enforcement piece is on the table.

I would believe they aren't capable of that.
You say that, but we shouldn't even given them the chance just so we are entertained by being able to look at the police forces work. We can have that footage afterwards. Right now we just have to know that france best force are working on it.

Look up the munich massacre.

Shooting and hostage-taking Porte de Vincennes: at least two deaths (close file) # AFP

Shit..

Jb

Is Hyper Cacher the name of the supermarket?

Yeah.

phpyaeq2bvincennes.png

I think the woman is just an accomplice, not directly involved in today's hostage situation.

nderson Cooper ‏@andersoncooper 1m1 minute ago
Injured person taken to ambulance at scene of kosher supermarket standoff in eastern Paris.

Merun

You and I know about that one failure, but how many terrorist plans have the authorities foiled that we'll never know about?

Prime minister mentionned this morning that 5 attacks attempts were prevented since August 2013.

This info is kind of drowned in the media so no sources atm. I'm just going from memory.

Guy.brush

We don't kill civilians huh? You fucks

Media and public really needs to grill Imans and scholars on that. Did they magically turn into enemies because they were in a Jewish kosher market or did they turn enemies because the gunman wanted them to be? Total arbitrary BS.
They need to be called out their mountain of nutty BS.

The most disturbing thing now is, that 100% of media footage is now focused on this Hyper Cacher hostage-taking, nothing about Dammattin-en-Goële anymore.

Wtf?

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves

Oh no :(

marrec

Banned
Media and public really needs to grill Imans and scholars on that. Did they magically turn into enemies because they were in a Jewish kosher market or did they turn enemies because the gunman wanted them to be? Total arbitrary BS.

Yea! Lets stick it to those religious leaders who had nothing to do with this! GRILL THEM! Ask them ALL THE QUESTIONS!

potam

Banned

Why ask them about the minds of insane men? Can Muslim men read other Muslim men's minds?

kmax

This is madness. Absolute madness.

2 hostage situations, with the perpetrators ready to go out as "martyrs". I'm sorry to say, but I think that this is going to end bad.

Have you a source for this? I've heard the opposite, that they never leaved to fight in Syria (ten years ago, they had some affairs in Irak, though, although I think only one of them actually left France)

According to CNN:

A source close to the French security services told CNN that investigators have evidence to suggest one of the brothers -- it is unclear which -- traveled to Syria sometime in the past year. USA Today reported that they both returned from Syria in the summer.

I guess its not clear exactly what one or both of them were doing in Syria. So it's probably wrong to assert they were fighting in Syria. Nevertheless, they also traveled to Yemen in 2011, where the older brother apparently received weapons training from al-qaeda. This according to a US official based on French intelligence.

Sayter

cut off livestreams. leave police alone.

That's what I'm saying. Some news sources are saying the third gunman could've been activated when he found out his friends were cornered. If true or not, I wouldn't want to take that chance my streaming what's going on.

marrec

Banned
Why ask them about the minds of insane men? Can Muslim men read other Muslim men's minds?

Excuse me Mr. Religious Leader I want to ask you why this guy killed some people.

"He's crazy?"

Yes okay but some OTHER people said, allegedly, that they don't kill civilians.

"Okay...? That sounds... nuts."

*headlines*

Local Imam Calls Muslims Nuts!

potam

Banned
That's what I'm saying. Some news sources are saying the third gunman could've been activated when he found out his friends were cornered. If true or not, I wouldn't want to take that chance my streaming what's going on.

I was actually wondering about that earlier. Then again, you'd assume they have phones and could have called/texted him.

Roi

Aah, as a Jew I was wondering how long it would take before jews would be victims to a terrorist attack again..

RangerX

Banned
They're reporting the two deaths on Al Jazeera. This is completely heartbreaking. My thoughts are with the families of the victims. Marie le Pen is going to have a field day.

Beefy

Yea! Lets stick it to those religious leaders who had nothing to do with this! GRILL THEM! Ask them ALL THE QUESTIONS!

Even if they did this, they wouldn't question the normal ones. It will be the bat shit crazy ones like Choudary or the other crazy Sky had on the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom