• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrorist attack at Charlie Hebdo magazine. 12 dead. 11 wounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koren

During the plane assault, one cop got seriously injured though. he took a dozen bullets from uzi and ak in the kevlar, arms and helm. He was amazingly lucky
Yes, I know, and I'm glad he was alive at the end.

I'm still impressed by how they handled it. You also need some luck in an assault, anyway, there's no 100% safe operation.

I'd be glad if there's no (more?) civilian casualties in the kosher market, and no dead among assault team, beside an injured policeman (no injure would be better, obviously, one can always dream).

Best of luck to all assault teams... (and to civilian caught in fire)

This we don't know. You think only Jews buy their groceries in kosher supermarkets ?

I grew up in France and when i was a kid the nearest " Epicerie " was Kosher and we'd routinely buy our some our groceries there.

You know that the neighbourhood is mainly populated by muslims and jews ? They have been living together there for decades, without any major incident. This isn't a jewish only neighbourhood.

Daily Mail spoke to a relative of one of the hostages:

Mr Sellam added: 'I am shocked.

'I have been for 48 hours.

'As long as they keep letting these barbaric people come back from Syria it will keep happening.'

The woman taken hostage is Jewish all other four are believed to also be Jewish.

You have to be quite naive to think that it's just about 5 people. It maybe just 5 people being active know, but I don't wanna know how many are getting recruited and brainwashed righ5 now for such actions.

Scary as fuck.

How about we deal with the real, actual terrorists instead of imagining more of them in our head? Seriously, this kind of fearmongering is useless.

Kup

how is Islam to blame for this? the two guys that killed those people also killed a muslim police officer, no religion tells you to go out and kill people willy nilly and if we are talking about which religion does the most terroist attacks then lets see the stats.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013...ttacks-on-u-s-soil-between-1970-and-2012.html

2.5% of all terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1970 and 2012 were carried out by Muslims.* This is a tiny proportion of all attacks.

4.9% – were carried out by Jewish groups such as Jewish Armed Resistance, the Jewish Defense League, Jewish Action Movement, United Jewish Underground and Thunder of Zion

7% – by anti-abortion activists, who tend to be Christian

a Puerto Rican paramilitary organization – carried out more than 120 bomb attacks on U.S. targets between 1974 and 1983, and there were some 41 attacks by Cuban exiles, and a number of attacks by other Latin American groups. If we look at worldwide attacks – instead of just attacks on U.S

An FBI report shows that only a small percentage of terrorist attacks carried out on U.S. soil between 1980 and 2005 were perpetrated by Muslims.

You should probably just stay quiet with statistics like that - don't derail the thread.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Is the german RTL that bad? I used to watch it back in my teens (OH, those days when international TV channels were free over the air) and it didn't look so awful.

You know, besides for that horrendous Alarm für Cobra 11 show.

CaLe

How ironic that "Hayat", meaning "Life" in Arabic, is apparently helping kill innocents. What a fucked up world we live in. May they rot in Hell.

DarkTom

I am no way trying to derail or cause an argument on this thread so please if anyone wish to discuss this matter then please inbox me as I will not reply back :) I waited months for my neogaf account to be given the green light so will not lose it over something stupid

Did i misunderstand or do you think the subject of this attacks is something stupid ? This is a honest question and I think you probably choose your words badly. Otherwise I have no words...

Xando

Is the german RTL that bad? I used to watch it back in my teens (OH, those days when international TV channels were free over the air) and it didn't look so awful.

You know, besides for that horrendous Alarm für Cobra 11 show.

It's the worst TV station in germany.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
How about we deal with the real, actual terrorists instead of imagining more of them in our head? Seriously, this kind of fearmongering is useless.
This is dealing with terrorist, it's all about prevention and making sure such events can't be recreated as easily.

What are you so upset about anyway? I'm talking about actual terrorist in the making, this is the reality and has nothing to do with fearmongering. I don't see how being naive to the threat is helpful.

Odah

Banned
Those terrorist better shit their pants. GIGN takes no prisoners and they are going to free those hostages at all costs

Drifters

In watching how this is playing out... I have a really bad feeling that the guy leading the cell is watching how the French authorities respond in hopes of a bigger event. I really hope I'm wrong.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That's part of the GIGN legend. Those guys are the fucking elite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7a5D3sMJKM

Related:

GIGN commandos were instrumental in regaining control during the Grand Mosque Seizure in Mecca, Saudi Arabia in November and December 1979.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Gendarmerie_Intervention_Group

Saudi Arabia had to call them in to take back the Grand Mosque in Mecca.

They're elite and know what they're doing. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Foffy

Banned
CNN says there's two hostage standoffs going on right now.

Did the terrorists splinter or has a copycat occurred?

CNN says there's two hostage standoffs going on right now.

Did the terrorists splinter or has a copycat occurred?

Second hostage situation is being instrumented by the guy who shot and killed the female police officer. There has been a connection established between the two situations.

kmax

It's alarming how a few group of people can cause so much mayhem.

10 people from Charlie Hebdo, 3 police officers, 2 hostages, all dead, with multiple people wounded. There are now two active hostage situations live right now.

Terrorism is real, and can truly strike at any time and at any place. I think it's important to fight terrorism and radicalization as a whole by standing united against these terrible atrocities. Inclusion and integration's going to be very important going forward.

Scumbag savages can't win this fight.

So the guy who killed the female police officer yesterday now has hostages in the jewish store and the brothers have one hostage elsewhere? And they are probably known to each other. Okay that's not as complicated as I thought.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
In watching how this is playing out... I have a really bad feeling that the guy leading the cell is watching how the French authorities respond in hopes of a bigger event. I really hope I'm wrong.

I'm more concerned about all the attention that they are receiving...I feel it is inevitable that these events will inspire more crazies to follow suit...

This is dealing with terrorist, it's all about prevention and making sure such events can't be recreated as easily.

What are you so upset about anyway? I'm talking about actual terrorist in the making, this is the reality and has nothing to do with fearmongering. I don't see how being naive to the threat is helpful.

You were not talking about prevention, just your fears. You don't know what the actual threat is, all we know is that there is a small group of terrorists that have attacked.

Mimosa97

In these terrible hours, this might give you a smile

c6651ce2ed0794175fa722ddb49394b26a2ebb85.jpg

normal_twd101-002897-the-road-to-atlanta-is-paved-with-good-intentions-in-the-walking-dead.jpeg

Chariot

Which reminds me, why did no bigger organisation try to stage multiple attack all over europe or a single country at once so far?

Foffy

Banned
Second hostage situation is being instrumented by the guy who shot and killed the female police officer. There has been a connection established between the two situations.

Woah, when did a female officer get shot? I thought after the Charlie Hebdo shooting it was just a manhunt. Something happened between that shooting and this standoff?

marrec

Banned
Which reminds me, why did no bigger organisation try to stage multiple attack all over europe or a single country at once so far?

Probably because European intelligence agencies have been successful in keeping them disorganized and defunded to a large extent? Completely conjecture, but that seems the most likely explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom